PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Javi Martínez

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:15

KeyserSoze
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Javi MARTÍNEZ

Postby KeyserSoze » 2012 Apr 11, 22:43

Nevermind, as long as Bielsa remains at Bilbao ( :?: ), Javi Martínez will remain playing as CWP/CB, hence switching his main position as DM won't happen by now.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2012 Aug 29, 09:00

40 Mios. for an average DM - stupid deal
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2012 Aug 29, 09:04

I'd rate him above 'average' but yeah, too much money.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2012 Aug 29, 09:14

neve rin hell 40 Mios. if you`ve Luiz Gustavo and Tymo you doN´t need to spend 40 Mios. for the third choice of the Spain NT, by all respect to him
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
tasmin

Postby tasmin » 2012 Aug 29, 11:10

the money spending here is stupid but javi is a class act for sure. he is a superb player versatile and only 23. shame that he has to play for Spain who are in their golden generation .
vamos arriba la celeste !
LocoBielsa
PSD Youth League

Postby LocoBielsa » 2012 Aug 29, 14:00

40-M + taxes (IPRF) = 57-M 8-) 8-) 8-)

Pay in cash and then get out of here, mercenary.... :x :x :x
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2012 Aug 29, 14:11

No please don't start with this stuff, If I'm working somewhere and someone offers me a better contract and more posibilities and I decide to accept It I think nobody in my family would call me that.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2012 Aug 29, 14:40

he's above average , but not worthy of 40mil , 25-30mil would be max i would give for him
Paablito
PSD Guru

Postby Paablito » 2012 Aug 29, 15:33

Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Aug 30, 00:41

Finally. I'm pretty sure Bayern payed way too much money for Javi Martinez but well, it sure is a good thing for him and the club that Bilbao let him go in the end. I still find it ridiculous that it seems to be legal to let young players sign such adhesion contracts. A laid down transfer fee should be a laid down transfer fee.

About the transfer itself, I do think that for Bayern Munich it is more about making a statement as it is about buying a player. The last three years have been very bad for them, losing in the CL finale twice, losing the Bundesliga twice as well to Dortmund, that's an absolute no-go for a club like Bayern and what else should they do? Blame Heynckes? He does a good job. They also cannot blame the players. So they got rid of their manager, bye bye Nerlinger. Signing Matthias Sammer is a good start but let's do more!
So let's make a new start, let's make a statement, let's buy a player for a horrendous amount of money who we don't even need - though JM surely increases the quality of Bayern's squad ;). Why? Because we fucking can. Without a fucking cranky investor. We don't give a shit, let's show these newly rich plastic clubs that we can buy every player we want without making any debts.

That would also be a minor reason Rummenigge just lamented about the UEFA's FFP project being seriously taken into action. One reason sure was him being the head of G14 Rummenigge had to represent the equality and fairness among the G14's clubs so he appealed to Platini. Every year a few new sheiks or oligarchs come around the corner to make a new club their private plaything, taking the balance and health of the community of European football clubs ad absurdum. That kills the transfer market as well as it inflates the players' salaries but most importantly could crush the club after it's master is done with it, Malaga anyone? And why are they allowed to participate in the Champions League when they can't even pay their players? Good reason to criticize the UEFA for not bringing forth the promised Financial Fair Play! But on the other hand - I am just guessing there^^ - maybe a tiny bit of his brain wanted to diss plastic clubs. To show everybody out there: Look at these billionaire's pets, they are sick clubs, they'd buy shit without their pimp. We are a sincere and respectable club who does not need to answer to anyone. We don't need daddy's golden credit card, we have a bank account of our own.

Pizarro, Mandzukic, Shaqiri, Dante and Starke were bought because the squad needed them. Javi Martinez is another case. Sure he will be in the starting eleven on a regular basis. But why paying 40 Mio € for a player who is worth maybe 20-25 Mio € at max? To say it with the words of my favorite police commissioner: Because Javi Martinez is the player Bayern deserves, not the one it needs right now. So they hunted him.
In my head I can imagine KH Rummenigge's and Uli Hoeneß' faces shining like a star :)

ImageImage
purplet
New Stat Maker

Postby purplet » 2012 Aug 30, 05:14

The last three years have been very bad for them, losing in the CL finale twice, losing the Bundesliga twice as well to Dortmund

Yeah being so ridiculously good in the CL and not winning it is a pain in the arse, but on the other side its better then 99%of the teams in the world did.
I cant proove it but i bet they are top 3money makers from CL in the world so what the heck is wrong about spending some of it?
Its not like madrid or barcelona taking a credit to overpay players and then struggle to get them away again cuz of their high income (kaka, a real pain in the purse!).
Better get the next midfielder of Spain (when Xavi and Alonso quit playing he will be in the best age for that position, remember how old Xavi was when he started being above average, same afaik for alonso) with money u have and less ongoing cost then get him for 30m and more ongoing cost:)

Javi Martinez is another case. Sure he will be in the starting eleven on a regular basis. But why paying 40 Mio € for a player who is worth maybe 20-25 Mio € at max?

They need him to win the league, period.
Hes another level then Gustavo who can assault people very well and destroy the game but when did he score a goal the last time? Cant remember it, Martinez is a threat in and outside the box and of course with setpieces.
They had like 20corners in the CL final, dont u think with one good player in the air they wouldv lost that too? I dont think so Badstuber and Boateng are totally crap in the air, Gomez is average and Müller is like okay-good but thats it.
VanBuyten is decent but hes already sorted out but he wouldv won them the final too witha ll those corners.

or a player who is worth maybe 20-25 Mio € at max?

-Hes young
-hes spanish
-he scores goals
-good anticipation of teamplay
-fast! Bayern needs such a player since Lucio is gone
-his club wont let him ever go
-he is the defensively best DM in the world or a very good CB (imo he was better then pique last season, but thats cuz of the latters girlfriend shaking his head too much with her butt i guess)
-There is no one else
-If they dont lie to us its only 30
------------------------------------
He is totally well worth the money:)

For financial fairplay...it IS totally what they want the clubs to do, spending big sums from money earned in earlier seasons aint the problem.

Sry for the wall of text opposed to your wall of text but your simply wrong with everything, they need him, they can easily afford him and he will be regular at his NT in a few years.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2012 Aug 30, 05:44

s-cobar wrote:neve rin hell 40 Mios. if you`ve Luiz Gustavo and Tymo you doN´t need to spend 40 Mios. for the third choice of the Spain NT, by all respect to him

Hrm, tbh I don't rate either Tymo or Gustavo very highly. Maybe it's being overly harsh, but I think both are pretty average and both very uncreative. Sure gustavo has some brazilian flair, but hes just a decent destroyer, pretty all around average imo. I've barely seen Martinez, but hes way way above both of them. Hes well rounded and very complete. I'd say hes better than all of bayerns current CB's too. I think he'll be a great edition to the team, and the money should be well worth it.
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2012 Aug 30, 07:11

Don`t get me wrong, I think martinez is a great player, Heynckes want to use him as a DM next to Schweinsteiger. And yes he`s better than Gustavo and Tymo, I´m sure. I`m just with mancicni, 40 Mios. is too much, for so much money you could buy better alternatives.
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2012 Aug 30, 12:41

Seems like shirt name is just gonna be MARTINEZ. Some pics here:

posting.php?mode=reply&f=82&t=157
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2012 Aug 30, 13:45

Everyone believes 40m Is too much, Athletic did good business tbh.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

LocoBielsa
PSD Youth League

Postby LocoBielsa » 2012 Aug 30, 16:04

It was not a negotiation, Athletic Club did not want to let him go. Javi Martínez payed his end-of-contract clause (40 M, 30 from Bayern and 10 from his future salary). It was not a transfer. Probably Javi will pay an aditional tax (IPRF) and I don't discard legal issues with FIFA. I did not figure how the germans did not learn the lesson (Lizarazu).
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2012 Aug 30, 16:09

Yeah well whatever, what I meant Is that I'd rather have 40m € than Javi Mtnez :P

KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2012 Aug 30, 16:14

If he had a release-clause, then Athletic had no choice but to let him go.
About Lizarazu, @Loco Bielsa: You're forgetting he was somewhat forced to leave Bilbao because ETA had a problem with him (it is supposed that "Liza" rejected to pay a "revolutionary tax" to ETA at that time). As he was under pressure, he opted to move to Bayern for his safe.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Aug 30, 16:24

purplet wrote:Yeah being so ridiculously good in the CL and not winning it is a pain in the arse, but on the other side its better then 99%of the teams in the world did.
I cant proove it but i bet they are top 3money makers from CL in the world so what the heck is wrong about spending some of it?

Sure they never had a bad season in anyone's else eyes but for their fans, players and their officials 2nd places count nothing. I don't think you follow the German media otherwise you'd know what I mean. As president Uli Hoeneß said the last two seasons have both been disastrous. And about what else you said, in fact FC Bayern is almost every year one of the 2 top money makers from CL and one of the richest clubs in the world. Also you are right, there is nothing wrong with spending their money. I never questioned that, I just said that given the facts that Bayern is always very cautious and restrained about paying money for a player - and especially far more than his market value - and that they have enough players for that position already, I know that Martinez plays on a whole different level than Gustavo and Tymo but with those two they reached the CL finale twice so the need for buying Javi Martinez is surely not as dramatic as you made it look like. He will give Bayern more quality and he will play, yes. But it would have been no problem for Bayern's squad if Urrutia would have said No until the very end. He is nice to have, but not a necessity, from a sportive point of view.

purplet wrote:They need him to win the league, period.

Sry, dude. But that's bull. You know why Dortmund won last year's Bundesliga? There are 3 main reasons.

1. "Finale dahoam", for the first time I can even remember it was the clubs first and absolute objective to reach the Champions League finale (and win it :( ) so Heynckes often rotated more than he needed to to give important players a break prior to big CL games. Also there seemed to be a lack of concentration in the squad the further Bayern got in the competition.
2. The bad bench. As I said in my previous post, Bayern bought a lot of new players to improve the quality of their benchplayers, that was for me one of the key factors that they didn't win the BuLi title last season. As I said above Heynckes rotated a bit but with players like Petersen and Usami as alternatives in the offense and 3 CBs of which one (Van Buyten) was long time injured most starters were overplayed and exhausted. Also if you sub in a Petersen or Usami replacing Gomez/Ribery/Robben... no profit.
3. Borussia Dortmund. The second half of the season Dortmund did not lost one single game. A big reason for this was that the club has been already eliminated from all other competitions at this time so they had their full focus on the Bundesliga. I won't say that's the whole reason for them shining so much but it sure did not hinder them in doing so.

purplet wrote:Hes another level then Gustavo who can assault people very well and destroy the game but when did he score a goal the last time? Cant remember it, Martinez is a threat in and outside the box and of course with setpieces.
They had like 20corners in the CL final, dont u think with one good player in the air they wouldv lost that too? I dont think so Badstuber and Boateng are totally crap in the air, Gomez is average and Müller is like okay-good but thats it.
VanBuyten is decent but hes already sorted out but he wouldv won them the final too witha ll those corners.

I still think the same about Van Buyten in the finale, he should have played from the beginning! Generally the thing about Bayern's set pieces is that Kroos for me is the only player in the first Xi capable of kicking them accurately. But mostly Robben or Ribery kick corners, only god knows why. From 20 corners in the CL finale maybe 6 or 7 were so good that someone could have scored with a header! I know that Martinez has a very good header and that Bayern lacks players with that skill apart from their CBs - who I do not see as bad as you in that matter - but even JM will have problems to score with his head when the ball does not come near his head ;)

purplet wrote:-he is the defensively best DM in the world or a very good CB (imo he was better then pique last season, but thats cuz of the latters girlfriend shaking his head too much with her butt i guess)

Well I could list a handful of DMFs I see above him, maybe even more than a handful. It is ok that you think he is worth the money, maybe I change my mind when he has a huge impact on Bayern's team, we'll see. But I just wanted to make clear that I never said that JM is a bad player. :)
antihero
New Contributor

Postby antihero » 2012 Sep 07, 21:27

Korinov wrote:Seems like shirt name is just gonna be MARTINEZ. Some pics here:

posting.php?mode=reply&f=82&t=157

Well, it's MARTÍNEZ after all.

Return to “FC Bayern München”