Sergio Busquets

Moderators: furymaker, Fixer, Eternal Night, Korinov, Kronosh, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Sergio Busquets

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:04

Full Name: Sergio Busquets Burgos

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Oct 23, 08:29, edited 7 times in total.
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Sergio Busquets

Postby vinnie » 2014 Dec 19, 09:54

ballmer wrote:Any current issues of poor form aside, I'd still insist he's amongst the most intelligent defensive midfielders of all time. Physicality has obviously never been what he's about - but he still has enough basic strength and agility, and can use those traits well enough - to supplement his immense composure and decision-making. I'd say he needs some corresponding value to represent this defining characterisic. I'm not entirely sure what attribute that would be however. Amidst konami's ridiculous values for him in pes 2015, maybe there was some thought behind so high a defence rating (91 I think?).

At his best i think his def was around an 84 with a little more response then this. I always thought he was special in being in the right place, as well as his awareness of teammates. Better then iniesta at his pep days imo.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
ballmer
Valued Contributor

Postby ballmer » 2014 Dec 19, 10:07

If form is his main issue, I'd say higher def wouldn't be overrating him. Attack could also surely go down in both this and his classic set. He's surely no way more of an attacking threat, directly or indirectly, than most attacking fullbacks. And though he never really is required to make any flashy traps given te system he plays in, I'd argue his ball control could be higher. He's always secure, reliable, and comfortable receiving the ball and ball control is the closest corresponding attribute to represent that.
KillaKlo
Regular Poster

Postby KillaKlo » 2014 Dec 24, 03:54

Have there been discussions about red Team Work?
PES-Up
midnight
PSD Elite

Postby midnight » 2014 Dec 24, 19:25

Yes , a long while ago he actually had 96 if i remember well , then he got decreased to 90.
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
I'm gay
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
See Shiterable? There's nothing to be ashamed of

Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2014 Dec 30, 16:53

In this moment i dont see his TW higher than this. Last season, yeah, sure, can be pushing reds (maybe a good idea for a classic set), but not this current season.
pelimetal

Postby pelimetal » 2015 Mar 14, 22:46

Well, he´s not having a good season probably, maybe a Form thing.
About his ATT, I don´t see him at 74, not now, not ever.
martins7
New Stat Maker

Postby martins7 » 2015 Jun 07, 17:05

pelimetal wrote:Well, he´s not having a good season probably, maybe a Form thing.

I agree with ATT but for me his season wasn't bad , he improves a lot with Barcelona on 2015. Maybe his DEF can be higher. I'm in doubt about DA and BC(TEC) sometimes he shows orange in both aspects but i don't want to overrate him.
''There are two methods of fighting, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts.''
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Oct 08, 02:28

martins7 wrote:
pelimetal wrote:Well, he´s not having a good season probably, maybe a Form thing.

I'm in doubt about DA and BC(TEC) sometimes he shows orange in both aspects but i don't want to overrate him.

A year and a half ago, i'd give him orange DA and BC. Maybe for his classic set.

Edit: this video is just great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwQ9jBcMCs
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2015 Nov 25, 14:24

toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2015 Nov 25, 18:39

The famous ''invisible genius''.

Busquets is fundamental in the first pass , the quick and accurate transition between attack to defense with extremely efficient safe or key passes.
The combination of variety , accuracy and consistency of this attribute in his game make me putting him at a higher value on the orange zone. Ok, 90 is a value that can demonstrate this but I see his efficiency and creativity even more present and accurate than recent years. Not wanting to compare him but already comparing , I see a very close level of accuracy of short passes between him and Xabi Alonso nowadays. All right, there are great differences in speed, distances and to a lesser extent aspect , on the type and style of them but Busquets is the typical unpredictable passing player able to surprise with very simply or extremely difficult passes with the same (very high , consistent) accuracy. A value of 92 is perfect for not overpower him but showing his improvement in this skill in all areas ( precision, dynamics , difficulty , style and type).

As ramindbroken had already said, he deserves a value on the orange zone in DA andTEC, are two devices that constantly uses in his game and with an absurd class, really impressive technical capability to control the ball and keep it close to his feet. I do not think that a value in orange zone ( not knowing necessarily find the perfect balance between DA and TEC to simulate correctly in the game ) can make him in overpower overall or overpower his dribble. It is based totally in technique , 100% of them dribbles because agility and speed are not in his game style.

His tackling is another fact that really needs a increase , is the same view point of his passing , the value of this idea is well represented with a 82 number but he deserves a better value for the accuracy and consistency .. if you get more into the question , until he is still so away in the ladder from players with similar accurate , style or consistency. My idea is something about 84... but I do not know the correct value, I see almost no big difference between him Mascherano and Pique in this matter. He really deserves a higher value but also some players like Pique should be decrease , even if it is a comestic change (-1).

I remember when he had 94 or 96 in TW and I think a much more plausible value than 90 , but it is an issue that deserves a specific and individual debate along with RES , which I think is the attribute that most I have difficulty in judging him, can be perfectly correct in the green zone or very , very much underrated.
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2016 Jan 04, 07:46

furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2016 Jan 19, 07:48

Spoiler: show

It's insane how good he is, all these small things he does that mostly no1 ever see or mention, he's playing the best season of his career, improved in so many aspects of the game since he debated for Barca.
Underrated af
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Jan 19, 10:51

under-rated by who?

btw, i upped his tw, was meaning to do it for awhile, I think its over kill.... probably, but it gets the idea across well.
Santi
New Contributor

Postby Santi » 2016 Jan 19, 12:25

something about his ball retention is underrated, he's a master of drag-backs and clever body movements to retain the ball. but it's a lot more to do with intelligence/coolness than technical ability. still I think he deserves a higher DA/agility mix.. or maybe just agility. his turns on the ball are really brilliant and a huge part of his game

toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2016 Jan 20, 11:26

jurgens wrote:under-rated by who?

btw, i upped his tw, was meaning to do it for awhile, I think its over kill.... probably, but it gets the idea across well.

Since the tiki taka the apex to the arrival of Luis Enrique, Busquets has matured his game and even if he is overshadowed by the lights of the stars of Barcelona, Busquets has a more offensive participatory role with much, much more dynamism . He is in the shade and do not worry about that . He never seemed to mind being seen the shade , cover and sustain the vertices of the legendary offensive system of Barcelona but I don't think that he is so '' silent ' ' as before.

The first pass of Barcelona ( do not know the English word for it , maybe ' ' ball out '') the beginning of the team building game happens to the advancement of Alba and Alves in the side ( for have depth ) and the back up of Busquets to defense lining up in the center of Pique and Mascherano . Iniesta floats in midfield , Rakitic gives support to open spaces or be a pass option and Messi seeking the game in midfield , back uping and floating to playmaking. For a team that rarely has direct connections (already in that part of the field) , Busquets shows that may have a high number in TW to be essencial in this building of maintenance of the ball , with a really insane and diversified first pass.
I don't think the value as overkill because he does it since the Guardiola era. The '' output 3 ' ' (do not know the English term , where the side backs advance to attack and the defensive midfield backs to build the game with two defenders)

Luis Henrique team is A different Barcelona - Messi would command almost every offensive mechanisms of the team, providing more comfort for midfielders , which in most times they could invade the area , organizing attacks next to it and press the enemys . With Messi more friend of midfielders his presence ordering attacks is a landmark of Barcelona. Good for Busquets winning space generated by the concern of opponents , he may participate not only the start of construction of the game but also in his development in midfield , a factor that made ​​him more participatory than ever..

In the season 15/16 , we sawthe maximum version of Sergio Busquets : in present in the construction of all stages of barca game, mature technique, physically and psychologically . He is sovereign in the actions : being defensive ( fencing, intercepting , fighting ) or offensive (passing , dribbling in short to reassure the game , releasing in depth) . I have never seen Busquets feel so comfortable. Playing more advanced, their impact will the recovery around defensive territory or in pressings - until the ball at his feet , where he released once : an avalanche of breakers lines passes.

He deserves a high level since the era Guardiola and actually deserves even greater value due his offensive participation.
Particularly I use 93 TW on Guardiola’s era and 96 today.
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2016 Jan 21, 08:59

jurgens wrote:under-rated by who?

i know most people that follow football or ex football players rate him as one of the best defensive midfielders if not the best, but its a shame that FIFA and UEFA doesn't pick him in their team of the years awards, etc.
Lyumumba
Former Lurker

Postby Lyumumba » 2016 Jan 26, 20:22

Why one of the best DM in the world has such small skills?
His price is 50 mln. http://www.transfermarkt.de/sergio-busq ... eler/65230

Do you really think, that is right? On PSD his level as like as schoolchildren, who play in U-17
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2016 Jan 26, 20:42

Such small skills? a DMF with 82 on defense , 87 on DA and TEC , 90 SPA , 96 TW... I can not see anything small about it, quite the contrary.
I agree that he is underrated by the shit media in general and even maybe deserves improvement in some stats ( precisely those which he is very good) but bullshitting is even worse.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Feb 24, 17:44

Great article from Barney Roney on Busquets, well-worth a read.

All hail Sergio Busquets, the hotdog seller in the background of history

The Barcelona midfielder’s work often goes unnoticed but in his selfless excellence and emergence from within his club’s ranks he shows what the Premier League’s top teams are lacking

Watching Lionel Messi, Luis Suárez and Neymar surge about the Emirates turf in the late stages of Tuesday night’s hard-fought Champions League last-16 first-leg defeat of Arsenal it was tempting to conclude once again that the best career choice any Barcelona defender ever made is simply to become a Barcelona defender. A bit like Geoffrey Boycott’s advice that the best way to play top-class fast bowling is leaning on your bat at the other end, any career path that guarantees never having actually to face Barcelona’s attack is always likely to provide the most flattering light.

And yet, even with that inbuilt parallax error perhaps the most sustained influence on the pitch on Tuesday night was a player who has taken exactly this path; who tends to operate beneath a near- invisibility cloak of selfless, loping excellence; and who has for the past seven years acted as a kind of quietly omniscient Jeeves in this team of earls and dukes.

Sergio Busquets is unlikely to feature in many post-match montage segments, or to find his night’s work droolingly Vined and gif’d across the social media diaspora. But he was familiarly excellent at the Emirates as the passing fulcrum, defensive shield and general midfield conscience of this Barcelona team. Aged 27 now, Busquets seems to have been around for ever. A quietly evolving presence, he has turned out to be key to the deep throbbing fleshy heart of this champion team as Barcelona have moved on over the years from the passing purity of the Pep years to the current front-loaded version.

Busquets completed more passes than anyone else on the pitch on Tuesday – not that you’re likely to remember many of them. He had more touches than Andrés Iniesta who seemed, watching in the stadium, to have had the ball glued to his feet pretty much all night. Busquets was lurking helpfully next to Neymar as Barcelona set off on that three-pass 60-yard move for the first goal. He was 20 metres back in space as Mathieu Flamini fouled Lionel Messi to give away the clinching penalty.

The hotdog seller in the background of history: it has been tempting for some to see Busquets as a football version of this. Fluffer to the stars, Barcelona’s own version of the Pavones-y-Galácticos model across five league titles and three Champions League wins, perhaps the most glittering trophy haul ever accumulated by a player who remains outside the star system, the least eye-catching midfield essential in modern footballing history.

As ever at the Emirates Barcelona’s defensive guard ambled about like a great gangling son-of-a-goalkeeper, some stooping anti-athlete accidentally strayed in among the sprites. Busquets has had four shots on goal in the past year and a half. He can be physically assertive, even nasty at times. Above all though he is a player defined by positional intelligence and quick accurate passing, a midfielder who reads the movements of both his team-mates and the opposition, driving this Barça team on quietly from a space somewhere near the back of the bus.

Tying to put a pin in his exact worth remains a wonderfully fruitless business. The Meaning of Busquets: it is a fascinating topic and a thoroughly useful one even if – in a deeply Busquets kind of way – it remains entirely insoluble, a conundrum without an answer. Even now he remains almost impossible to get a really clear view of. Is he, in fact, the best midfielder in the world? Or the best player in the world, as one eminent football sage suggested at the Emirates on Tuesday night? Is he actually any good at all? Would he really stand out that much if he were playing for, say, Queens Park Rangers in the Championship?

The best of Busquets is that there is no obvious answer to any of these questions, focusing as they do on individual worth rather than team, process, component parts. Praising him in isolation is a bit like declaring Usain Bolt’s left knee to be the best left knee in the world, a left knee to transform Tyson Gay could he ever muster up the millions to buy it. The knee, the leg, the working tendons, the whole Bolt. This is the magic.

It is also one place where the Premier League might hope to learn from the example of the current club world champions. There are plenty who will insist the real difference is the failure, as yet, to hurl sufficient money at similarly alluring star attackers, and certainly £150m to spend on your second- and third-best strikers always helps. But the fact is the one truly extraordinary, indispensable part of this Barcelona team is the bit that cost next to nothing.

Look away form the glittery attacking trio. Do not allow yourself to be hypnotised by the shiny things. That home-reared spine of Gerard Piqué, Busquets, Iniesta and Messi is the extraordinary sporting triumph here.

By comparison the three English clubs left in the Champions League can boast just two high-class first-choice genuinely homegrown players, a catastrophic failure of development, planning and resources. One, Jack Wilshere, is injured. The other, John Terry, is on his way out. Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City all have spirit and fibre and long-serving players. But there is no equivalent career-long spine to provide a similar glue: not just loyalty to the cause, but an instinctive sense of self, the indefinable ballast of team building.

Oh for a Busquets, if not in style or accomplishments, then at least in spirit. Not only does English football struggle to produce and nurture exactly this kind of footballer, those defined by intelligence, timing, tactical wit rather than moments of explosiveness. It struggles even to try, undermined by short-term planning and managerial turnover, the terror of even the briefest period of failure.

Louis van Gaal may have run dry at Manchester United but his basic methods remain sound. Give him two years more and United might not score another goal but there will at least be a clutch of players promoted from within and given the chance to stick and gel and form that galvanising armature. It is significant in itself – and salutary for those predicting instant overspend this summer at Manchester City – that promoting Busquets from the junior ranks was one of Pep Guardiola’s most significant early moves as Barcelona head coach.

Continuity from academy to first team, a 10-year plan, a unified way of playing: it is this that Busquets, whatever his merits in isolation, embodies so successfully. The meaning of the MSN front trio – buy the best: score brilliant goals – is clear enough. It is the meaning of Busquets the Premier League must continue to struggle with if it wants to be not just the richest and most feverishly transitional, but the most compelling on the pitch too.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... na-arsenal
abdou
PSD Youth League

Postby abdou » 2016 Oct 03, 01:46

He isn't an Anchor Man, he is a build up DMF. Delete P02 - Anchor Man and maybe add p06 - pinpoint pass and Weighted pass.
His Defense Ability are in decline from 2014, i watch stats on bein sport after the last game against celta vigo , i don't see it cleary but it's tacles won or interceptions has decreased from 82 per season from 2011 to something like 70 or 72 on 2015. DEF go down to 78.
His ATT can go up to 73 or 74. Every match, he surprised me by keys and incisives pass that i don't expect them and he create chances and dangers in attaque . He need Robana for pes16 skills.
SPA can go to 92. :?
DS should be decreased by 2 or 3 points he don't move to much with the ball he is playing stand like statut :p just receive passes and make passes.
EP is confusing on him , sometimes he show great turning with his body and he pass players with his turning , maybe his TS or ACC make problems to him, EP maybe green value and maybe little upgrade on his TS by 2 or 3, 67 is too harsh.
I think his ATT aw/DEF aw can be change, he is balanced DMF he is not like mascherano.
Attack Awareness: 2
Defence Awareness: 2

Busquets overall 15/16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=929txW3PQFo

Return to “FC Barcelona”