PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Álex Grimaldo

Postby PES Stats Database » 2013 Apr 24, 18:02

Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Álex Grimaldo

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Aug 30, 14:22

I'm quite pleased with this player so far.
I like how often and smartly he gets involved in the attacking play, creating good spaces for himself to receive a through pass. His short passing looks decent too.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2016 Sep 04, 12:45

Updated. Raised his short passing skills, TW, mentality and FK abilities ( FKA/Swerve were completely overlooked by the way, he's a great FK taker).
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Sep 05, 05:58

TW could easily be higher. But this is more like it.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2016 Sep 10, 14:44

Bad game against Arouca.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Oct 05, 15:05

Overall I like the set but his DS looks like 85 at least, does incredible runs with the ball, capable of running at full speed with it, making turns, dribbling trough 3-4 players.
cantona86
PSD Youth League

Postby cantona86 » 2016 Oct 05, 16:06

Ramindbroken wrote:Overall I like the set but his DS looks like 85 at least, does incredible runs with the ball, capable of running at full speed with it, making turns, dribbling trough 3-4 players.

I fully agree, and I think we should have more attacking than 69 (Pes 2016 2017), is a side defense that constantly attacks throughout the game, I suggest 74 or 75 in Attacking (Pes 2016 2017).......
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Oct 06, 05:24

Luis Enrique makes me sick not giving this guy a real chance. Hes so fucking good and his style is so fitting for Barca, he has so much potential and should be a much better sb than Alba, and would have been a great rotation player in the time being at the very least. And yeah his ds needs to be quiet a bit higher.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2016 Oct 07, 21:35

You guys are right about him deserving better DS, but it annoys me a bit that DS is the first thing to notice about this guy, he so much more than a fast fullback... i mean he isn't even especially fast, for a young attacking fullback he is no faster than average. What's really special about him is the way he plays as if he was in his late 20's, he's clever, he is sharp, he defends well, he has attitude, he gets into goal scoring positions, he's great at crossing, he takes corner kicks and if memory serves me right he has scored twice from FKs this season.

Btw, i want to suggest the folowing changes:
Spoiler: show
Response: 75>78
Dribble Accuracy: 80>81
Dribble Speed: 80>84
Long Pass Accuracy: 80>82
Curling: 81>83
Technique: 78>79
Mentality: 72>76
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Oct 07, 22:00

but it annoys me a bit that DS is the first thing to notice about this guy,

It's because its the only glaring flaw in the set, everything else is well rated pretty much.
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Oct 08, 15:10

Agree with your suggestions, JMVP. But you're being too conservative in his DA. Give him 83, he's that good (or even slightly better).
Also, from what he has shown so far FKA should be in low 80's.
ballmer
Valued Contributor

Postby ballmer » 2017 Feb 24, 12:51

His dribbling ability especially, and short passing game were looking great (before his injury obviously). Already looks beyond Alba in his technical aspects.

EDIT: So, having watched some more, I could see his DA being higher (84?), and his SPA looks higher to me - seems very adept at ground passes through the lines, and through tight spaces. Not sure he deserves this LPA at all. At any rate, he doesn't seem to cross often enough to show anything consistently impressive. Also, on newer games, his Attacking Prowess could be a few points higher - he looks pretty balanced between offensive and defensive abilities, with a slight edge to attacking ability - and body control looks impressive too. He seems very adept at protecting the ball with his body when in possession, and sort of 'rolling' his way out of physical pressure. I think it's his DA and his Body Control that make him a very effective dribbler.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2017 Apr 29, 14:34

Hi all, i'm gonna drawn a comparison between Benfica's right and left sidebacks. I hope this will help shed light on what's wrong with their current stats and help improve their sets. Input is very wellcome!

Attack: 73-73

I think they deserve about the same rating in this department, although Semedo is more attack minded than Grimaldo, Grimaldo seems to take better advantage of space left free by defenders, has better definition and better criteria.

Defence: 66 -66

They both have the same value, and that's clearly wrong. Grimaldo deserves the better value between the two by a significant margin. Semedo is way faster and has Luisão by his side (notice Luisão TW value) yet despite the athletic disadvantage of Grimaldo over Semedo, Grimaldo manages to cover his flank very effectively. He has great tackling and good positioning, he's our mini Lahm and deserves an above average value for defense.

Balance: 72 -75

I think it's fair for Semedo to have the higher value, although there's not a very significant difference between the two.

Stamina: 84 - 86

Hard to say since Grimaldo has never really been in top form due to injuries, but Semedo has proven to deserve his current value or even higher, so i call it fair.

Top Speed: 82 - 88
Acceleration: 84 - 85

The TS gap is absolutely fair. Semedo is one of the fastest players in the league over big distances, and although Grimaldo isn't slow at all the gap is very clear. When it comes to acceleration i think the gap could be higher, Grimaldo's burst isn't anything special.

Response: 77 - 76

The gap should be higher. Grimaldo's reactions have shown to be nearly flawless, both in attack and defense. Semedo isn't bad, it's just that Grimaldo is really sharp.

Agility: 85 - 85

They are both very agile, i'm really unsure on this one.

Dribble Accuracy: 81 - 81
Dribble Speed: 84 - 84

Grimaldo probably has better control, but Semedo has more penetrating ability. Semedo risks more, has more flair, Grimaldo hardly looses a ball. Hard to say, don't think there's a real gap in DA favoring any of the two.
The same can be said about DS. I actually think Grimaldo retains more of his full speed than Semedo while on the ball, but in game Grimaldo already feels a little too fast on straight runs. Maybe they could both be downgraded, and have Semedo's TS raised.

Short Pass Accuracy: 77 - 76
Short Pass Speed: 72 - 73

Grimaldo is the better passer. But TW plays a big part on this aspect, so i'd say that strictly technically speaking Grimaldo has a slight advantage. On the other hand the overall disruptive capacity of Grimaldo's short passing is significantly superior to Semedo's, so Grimaldo deserves better values especially for new gen PES games where TW no longer exists.

Long Pass Accuracy: 82- 76
Long Pass Speed: 76 - 80

Grimaldo's LPS should be raised by a few points, and his LPA may warrant a raise two. I'd say (LPA 83/LPS 79). There's no question Grimaldo is the better crosser, this guy has great crossing ability especially at close range and must be a valid option for corners and free kicks in game. Semedo can cross from the side line with enough power, but he isn't that accurate.

Shot Accuracy: 67 -66
Shot Power: 78 -83
Shot Technique: 66 -66

I think from short range Grimaldo is better, it's just a feeling. But Semedo has proven he can score from outside the area. So there's no doubt Semedo deserves the higher shot power, but i feel like Grimaldo has better accuracy although he hasn't had the chance to prove it.

Free Kick Accuracy: 79 - 66
Curling: 83 - 68

It's useless to debate FK ability, Semedo stands no chance. The curling ability in crosses also favors Grimaldo.

Header: 66 - 66
Jump: 68 - 73

I think it's fair for Semedo, who is more athletic, to have a higher value. None of them is great or even good in the air, but no one really expects them to be.

Technique: 79 - 79

I really dunno. Maybe Grimaldo has the edge on this one? Not sure.

Aggression: 83 - 82

Plain wrong, Semedo has to have a gap over Grimaldo of 5 points or more, he's clearly the least balanced of the two SBs.

Mentality: 76 - 72

They should be about the same here.

Teamwork: 78 - 75

3 points may not be enough. Semedo is getting better with time but Grimaldo is a real team player and should have a distinct advantage on this department.

Condition/Fitness: 6 - 6

Grimaldo never had a bad game as far i can remember. Semedo had a few bad games but now that he's back in form he has been consistently good. On the long run, with no injuries, i think Grimaldo would be the most consistent of the two, but for the moment there's not a noticeable difference imo.

Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

Nothing to say here

Defense Prowess: 68 - 66
Ball Winning: 71 - 72

Like i said in the beginning Grimaldo is the better defender. His tackling is far superior and so are his reactions. He's also a better marker. As for positioning there is no noticeable difference imo
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Tellmo » 2017 Apr 29, 15:55

Spoiler: show
JMVP wrote:Hi all, i'm gonna drawn a comparison between Benfica's right and left sidebacks. I hope this will help shed light on what's wrong with their current stats and help improve their sets. Input is very wellcome!

Attack: 73-73

I think they deserve about the same rating in this department, although Semedo is more attack minded than Grimaldo, Grimaldo seems to take better advantage of space left free by defenders, has better definition and better criteria.

Defence: 66 -66

They both have the same value, and that's clearly wrong. Grimaldo deserves the better value between the two by a significant margin. Semedo is way faster and has Luisão by his side (notice Luisão TW value) yet despite the athletic disadvantage of Grimaldo over Semedo, Grimaldo manages to cover his flank very effectively. He has great tackling and good positioning, he's our mini Lahm and deserves an above average value for defense.

Balance: 72 -75

I think it's fair for Semedo to have the higher value, although there's not a very significant difference between the two.

Stamina: 84 - 86

Hard to say since Grimaldo has never really been in top form due to injuries, but Semedo has proven to deserve his current value or even higher, so i call it fair.

Top Speed: 82 - 88
Acceleration: 84 - 85

The TS gap is absolutely fair. Semedo is one of the fastest players in the league over big distances, and although Grimaldo isn't slow at all the gap is very clear. When it comes to acceleration i think the gap could be higher, Grimaldo's burst isn't anything special.

Response: 77 - 76

The gap should be higher. Grimaldo's reactions have shown to be nearly flawless, both in attack and defense. Semedo isn't bad, it's just that Grimaldo is really sharp.

Agility: 85 - 85

They are both very agile, i'm really unsure on this one.

Dribble Accuracy: 81 - 81
Dribble Speed: 84 - 84

Grimaldo probably has better control, but Semedo has more penetrating ability. Semedo risks more, has more flair, Grimaldo hardly looses a ball. Hard to say, don't think there's a real gap in DA favoring any of the two.
The same can be said about DS. I actually think Grimaldo retains more of his full speed than Semedo while on the ball, but in game Grimaldo already feels a little too fast on straight runs. Maybe they could both be downgraded, and have Semedo's TS raised.

Short Pass Accuracy: 77 - 76
Short Pass Speed: 72 - 73

Grimaldo is the better passer. But TW plays a big part on this aspect, so i'd say that strictly technically speaking Grimaldo has a slight advantage. On the other hand the overall disruptive capacity of Grimaldo's short passing is significantly superior to Semedo's, so Grimaldo deserves better values especially for new gen PES games where TW no longer exists.

Long Pass Accuracy: 82- 76
Long Pass Speed: 76 - 80

Grimaldo's LPS should be raised by a few points, and his LPA may warrant a raise two. I'd say (LPA 83/LPS 79). There's no question Grimaldo is the better crosser, this guy has great crossing ability especially at close range and must be a valid option for corners and free kicks in game. Semedo can cross from the side line with enough power, but he isn't that accurate.

Shot Accuracy: 67 -66
Shot Power: 78 -83
Shot Technique: 66 -66

I think from short range Grimaldo is better, it's just a feeling. But Semedo has proven he can score from outside the area. So there's no doubt Semedo deserves the higher shot power, but i feel like Grimaldo has better accuracy although he hasn't had the chance to prove it.

Free Kick Accuracy: 79 - 66
Curling: 83 - 68

It's useless to debate FK ability, Semedo stands no chance. The curling ability in crosses also favors Grimaldo.

Header: 66 - 66
Jump: 68 - 73

I think it's fair for Semedo, who is more athletic, to have a higher value. None of them is great or even good in the air, but no one really expects them to be.

Technique: 79 - 79

I really dunno. Maybe Grimaldo has the edge on this one? Not sure.

Aggression: 83 - 82

Plain wrong, Semedo has to have a gap over Grimaldo of 5 points or more, he's clearly the least balanced of the two SBs.

Mentality: 76 - 72

They should be about the same here.

Teamwork: 78 - 75

3 points may not be enough. Semedo is getting better with time but Grimaldo is a real team player and should have a distinct advantage on this department.

Condition/Fitness: 6 - 6

Grimaldo never had a bad game as far i can remember. Semedo had a few bad games but now that he's back in form he has been consistently good. On the long run, with no injuries, i think Grimaldo would be the most consistent of the two, but for the moment there's not a noticeable difference imo.

Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

Nothing to say here

Defense Prowess: 68 - 66
Ball Winning: 71 - 72

Like i said in the beginning Grimaldo is the better defender. His tackling is far superior and so are his reactions. He's also a better marker. As for positioning there is no noticeable difference imo

Tw, Grimaldo deserves yellows, 80, he has the Eliseu timings and the Semedo aggressions. He is a player with a midfield style, number 8, he could be play in the Benfica midfield, he reminds me a lot Raphael Guerreiro. I agree with Grimaldo 's response, 79.

Technically Grimaldo is better than Semedo, Barça style. DA 82-83, Technique 81.

I would do not touch in defence values, at least for now.

Grimaldo and Semedo have a good offensive quality, good for Benfica.
I consider the values too poor. Semedo has a more offensive DNA, I think he deserves really greens.

Attack: 74
Dribble Accuracy: 82-83
Ball Controll: 81
Response: 79
Teamwork: 80
KEEP CALM and HURRAY BENFICA!
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2017 Apr 30, 07:41

Good comparison, JMVP.
Most of your reviews seem on point. I still have doubts about the "Grimaldo taking better advantage of spaces left by defenders" part. I'd say they're both quite good at it, although Semedo can sometimes pose even bigger threats due to his speed advantage.

About their technical abilities, I can only see Grimaldo having a small edge in terms of BC. Otherwise, there isn't much between them, specially in terms of dribbling. Semedo's accuracy is proving to be surprisingly good.
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Tellmo » 2017 May 05, 21:38

Sorry, but I can't agree with the Def value, 68 is too high for him.
Grimaldo seems to me a easier duel.
And then Semedo speed's gives him a brave bonus, especially when he need to remedy her mistakes. Grimaldo, when he make mistakes it's over.
I don't see him any better than Semedo. Mentally is also better.

Semedo
Attack: 75
Defense: 66

Grimaldo
Attack: 74
Defense: 65
KEEP CALM and HURRAY BENFICA!
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2017 May 06, 11:27

Suppose i agree Grimaldo is an easier duel, why's that? Because Semedo has the edge on athletic ability: he's a wee bit stronger and much faster, he also has better stamina. But the Grimaldo's tackling ability and overall tactical knowledge are superior. The "defence" stat is just a fraction of what defines the overall defensive ability of a player, there are other factors contributing that play a big part on how effective the player is in game, and Semedo is far superior on some of those areas making him just as good in game, if not better.

Pepe is a mighty fine example of this, remember how he played on some early PES editions, he had 83 or so for defence yet his speed and BB combination made him a freaking beast defensive wise, much more effective than other CBs rated oranges for defence. The end result is the combination of every stat, more than just a single stat.
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2017 May 06, 13:49

I'm with JMVP on this one.
ballmer
Valued Contributor

Postby ballmer » 2017 Oct 19, 09:42

I really rate him. Thought his energy, agility, dribbling, and short passing game looked great yesterday. There was one point where he built an entire move from inside his own half, right up to the edge of the opposition box, and, with better finishing from his teammate, could have had a well deserved assist.

Return to “SL Benfica”