Moderators: Fides, tuco55, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Daley Blind

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Sep 23, 09:42

INFO:
Spoiler: show
Young Daley Blind, son of former Ajax-legend Danny Blind. Daley debuted for the first team last year against FC Volendam, where he came on to replace Eyong Enoh. He did surprisingly well, nearly scoring a goal and was pretty close to giving some assists.

A player much alike his father, Daley plays the offensive centreback role of the classic Ajax-system in the Reserve-squad. When being played into the senior side, he's been used as a defensive midfielder though; a position he's grown used to throughout his years in the academy.

Blind is a good defender, with the ability to read play very well for someone his age. This often helps him out in tight defensive situations, where he often is able to nip the ball away before it reaches the planned destination. Daley's main assets are his passing and dribbling. For a defensive-minded midfielder, he's also a very good distributor and he has excellent control over the ball. In the academy, he's even been used as a more offensively placed central midfielder thanks to his great technical abilities. He's also got a very decent freekick.

In the second half of the 2009-2010 season, the young prodigy has emerged as one of the countries' biggest defensive talents as he displayed his ability to cover the entire defensive line during his loan-period at FC Groningen.

Fun fact: Daley Blind is the first son of a former Ajax-player to have actually made minutes in the Ajax first squad, others like Jordi Cruyff, Youri Mulder, Danny Muller and Robin Kieft failed to do so before him despite being part of the first squad selection.

Last edited by PIPA23 on 2014 Oct 06, 23:58, edited 6 times in total.
Fides
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Daley BLIND

Postby Fides » 2009 Sep 23, 13:22

He is a pretty big talent, but I am not sure its fair to give him these stats compared to L. Davids and other defensive minded midfielders who have way more experience in the Eredivisie.
DEF: 74 looks pretty high (Sergio Busquets with CL and NT experience has 72, Vertonghen has 73 and Davids even has 62).
His technical attributes look pretty impressive for such a young defensive player, but he might be this good indeed.
I am not sure where this MENT is based on, 82 is quite high for such an unproven player IMO. Busquets has 83, Vertonghen: 81. I would say 79/90 max.
Ajacied_Breda1
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Sep 23, 14:45

His Defence may be a tad to high but I related to it from him playing centreback in the Reserves a good few times. Lowering it to a 72 will make him a far less good centreback than he is in reality. Also, you shouldn't compare him to Lorenzo Davids as Davids has one weird ATT/DEF ratio.

I don't feel his Mentality is much of a surprise. As you might not have known, Daley has captained squads through the Ajax youth and was once U17 captain as well as getting back quite a lot and being a hard worker. Personally, I don't recall Vertonghen as a potential captain-like midfielder and he gets back less than Daley really.
Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
zykodelik
Former Lurker

Postby zykodelik » 2010 Jan 19, 12:49

spinaL
Valued Contributor

Postby spinaL » 2010 Jan 19, 17:30

Done ;)
EREDIVISIE SUPPORT
Fides

Postby Fides » 2010 Feb 02, 10:32

Somebody saw him in the last 2 games? According to journalists he played awesome, but I didnt see much apart some highlights of 1 game.
Ajacied_Breda1
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2010 Feb 02, 12:01

His first game for Groningen, against Twente, was really good. Kept Stoch completely shut down, getting forward quite some bit and keeping the Slovenian busy defending. Some journalists even said they were seeing right winger Blind take on left back Stoch.

Again AZ, he had a decently good game but nothing spectacular or really good as against Twente. Then again, he was facing Dembélé mainly and considering the fact he's not a natural full-back and many other more experienced players got beaten out by the Belgian he did well. His lack of pace really showed against the likes of Lens and El Hamdaoui on the wing.

According to the latest news, Blind will most likely shift into the centre for the game against ADO because of Sankoh's suspension and injuries to Lucius, De Roover and Svejdik. Tom Hiariej has returned from his injury, playing right full-back.
Ajacied_Breda1
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2010 Feb 05, 09:33

Had another decently good game against ADO. Got beaten for pace once by Verhoek but also picked the ball of Van der Bergh and Soltani a few times and over-all did well.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2010 Apr 13, 12:30

I guess now he deserves the SB position and the side: B aswell. Has been playing anywere in the defence at Groningen. In some aspects he makes me think of Frank de Boer. Lacks physically but is quite awesome at timing what to do and has a good technique and a good sight of passing (however his range of passing has to improve to get to de Boer's level).
Ajacied_Breda1
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2010 Apr 14, 13:58

Added SB, changed side to B and added a little bit in the description.
royvd
Regular Poster

Postby royvd » 2011 Feb 03, 13:12

De Boer prefers him over Anita as SB. Nice player with gracious technique, good vision and good passing. Potentially Ajax' CB for the future as they prefer these kind of defenders. For now we should judge him as a SB I think and although I feel he may be deserving the high DEF number I think it is a bit too much for now. 72 would be better for a young SB and still emphasizes his defensive awareness. He has stated himself that he should increase his attacking play as he plays a bit too reserved now and then. Therefore 68 is still a good value imo. Blind's connection with the ball is great for a defender/midfielder and I think is ST could come up a couple of points. Schut is at 68, Wuytens at 69 and Vd Linden at 70. Although I've never seen him shoot before I bet he can hit em better than Schut and at least as well as Wuytens. I think ST 69 would suit him better. Additionally his SP can come up; again I have not seen him score a screamer but you can easily see from the speed he puts on his long passes that it's not hard for him to connect well with the ball. SP 82 is oke for now I believe. All in all I hope you understand that I'm not trying to up the stats of this player just because I like him but I'm hoping to build representative stats for young/unknown Eredivisie players.
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 12, 13:09

Kevin you know I´ma fan of your sets - no doubt - but don´t you think his LPS could be even higher. Take for example the match vs. De Graafschap (sorry if I write it wrong) - where he plays a few balls with much speed down the line, to use the quickness of his wingers and the balls came with much speed - past two midfielders and it was just about the quickness of the winger and the defender.

a second point is his tech. I must sayI just saw him as a SB, but his first touch - especially at high balls impressed me. he needs no time to control a ball who comes down from 10m like a stone and with one outside move he has it under control. also how easy he can control a ball after a long ball by van der wiel from the other side. Blind touch him short have it control and search for the next opportunity.
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
Fides

Postby Fides » 2011 Feb 18, 15:39

Up till now I havent been convinced by him at Ajax. For a defender he has good technique and passing skills. He lacks physical presence (seriously, Anita might be a foot shorter but I think he is stronger) and determination. His anticipation seems to be okay, but I have seen him get out-positioned a couple of times, and he isnt the best defender in a 1-1 situation either.

Apart from not having any competition for his position (De Boer doesnt seem to like to play with the shorter, right footed Anita on the left like Jol did) I dont really understand why he is in the Ajax team at the moment.
Ajacied_Breda1
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2011 Feb 18, 15:46

I actually think he's been quite good so far. Sure, he has fucked up defensively once or twice but Anita fucked up 20 or 30 times a season too. He's got good technique, he knows how to pass a ball and he's actually able to make a significant difference going forward by getting himself in the right positions. Anita would just sprint forward with the ball and then end up near the box, completely forgetting what he should do and just giving the ball away cheaply. Blind is a much safer player in that aspect, he doesn't rush forward like a headless chicken.

He needs to toughen up and show a bit more hardness in his style of play but other than that, I think we've got another full-back gem here. He doesn't have the pace but he makes up for it with technique and passing, as well as forward movement and general positioning.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2011 Feb 18, 15:54

Interesting that our opinions differ so much. Indeed, his passing and technique is impressive, but he needs to watch lots of Maldini tapes because he really needs to step his game up to combat his lack of speed and power. He does go forward quite decently indeed, but at the moment it is not of much use because El Hamdaoui doesnt seem to want to score from crosses anyway:P
Suggestions:
DEF, BB, JUMP a couple of points lower
AGI, LPA/S, TW and AGG a couple of points higher.
answ3r
PSD Youth League

Postby answ3r » 2011 Feb 18, 15:58

I'm with you AB, Daley is a far better option at LB than Anita, maybe not physically, but in brains and technical ability he's quite far superior.

As far as the defensive aspect, he's got some good people to learn from in Frank de Boer and his DAD! I'm sure Daley will be that full back gem you say AB.

as far as his stats go, maybe a raise in TECH to 80, lower DEF and BB by a point or 2 and raise TW & Agg a couple.
The perfect combination of technique, insight, personality and speed.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2011 Mar 07, 11:05

Suggestions in spoiler:

Spoiler: show
Defence: 72 (not a great defender IMO, positionally okay, but seems to lack defensive "harshness")
Balance: 78 (certainly not strong in physical battles, poor in defensive 1-1s)
Stamina: 82
Top Speed: 79
Response: 80 (decent reader of the game, and displays some nice tackles now and then)
Agility: 80 (not unagile for a average sized lad)
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 78
Long Pass Acc.: 79
Curling: 80 (quite some curl on his passes/crosses)
Jump: 78 (never struck me as a good header, fails to jump/time right to ofter aswell)
Technique: 79/80 (technically good, good control over the ball in most situations)
Aggression: 74 (joins the attack from time to time aswell)
Mentality: 80 (but is dedicated to defend)
Team Work: 81 (clearly a good team player, knows where to find his team mates and fills in gaps when needed)
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Mar 07, 11:10

Like i said it above - LPS should be in the low yellows and about tech - 80 is the min. take a view how good his first touch is he need no time to handle the ball and the situation, also when he`s under pressure
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
Fides

Postby Fides » 2011 Mar 18, 12:15

royvd
Regular Poster

Postby royvd » 2011 Mar 18, 16:26

up ST and SP as well. I know he hasn't proven himself in this but you can see from his long passing that he is very adept at hitting the ball well. ST equal to Alderweireld perhaps and SP 81/82

Return to “AFC Ajax”