PSD Backbone

Nolan Roux

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Dec 01, 20:33

Doogy1992
Regular Poster

Re: Nolan ROUX

Postby Doogy1992 » 2011 Feb 05, 04:04

Post Player should not be added into Special Abilities
He isn't the giant forward making opportunities to others by his physical strength.
He is more likely with the playing grabing chance in front of goal
Therefore, i suppose that his ATT could go up for 1 point to 79 at least
Aswell as RES AND Aggression
nonobus
Valued Contributor

Postby nonobus » 2011 May 15, 20:16

Removed special abilities and updated res:81.
PIPA23
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby PIPA23 » 2011 Jun 22, 11:07

he is linked with move to Liverpool.. i repost some interesting thoughts about him

Extract from an article written in November 2010 when he was linked to a move to Spurs:

"Roux has no apparent big weakness in his game. He is quick, strong and in that sense has every chance of adapting to the physical nature of English football. His speed off the ball enables Roux to find space on the attack and is partly responsible for his ability to arrive in the box at the right time. When he is presented with an opportunity, Roux usually takes it. He is a threat on goal from pretty much any range and any angle, not to mention the aerial danger that he poses, despite not being the tallest of strikers. He is particularly lethal when the ball is played in from out wide and he has a chance to shoot instinctively on goal.

If there is a weakness to Roux's game, it would be his technique which could perhaps do with some improvement. He may be very quick without the ball at his feet, but he is slowed down when in possession as he lacks the technical ability which would enable him to dribble or glide past players.

However, this is something that Roux might pick up or develop as his career progresses. The fact that he is a versatile player indicates that he has the footballing ability to diversify and improve different aspects of his game. In addition to playing as an all-out striker, Roux can be deployed on the right-side of a three man attack, or just behind another striker, where he is clever enough to carve out chances for his strike partner.

Roux has enjoyed a rapid rise to the top over the last year or so. Whether his career will continue to progress at such a rate will largely depend on whether he can maintain his current form or not. So far, he has tested himself against the best defenders in France only over the start of this season. He will have to prove himself against them for a consistent period of time before he can really be regarded as a top prospect."

and another report
He was out of the good Lens academy. A real prolific scorer in all of the youth teams, but a late bloomer for 1st team action. For some reason Lens dumped him. Have never heard a good explanation as to why they decided to get rid of him. But @ the time Lens had just been promoted to L1 and were bringing in seasoned vets and letting the Academy get picked apart on the cheap.

Landed @ Brest 2 seasons ago and along with a more mature Grougi was the main reason that Brest was promoted to L1 before this last campaign.

I remember TFC kicking the tires on him last summer to possibly replace Gignac, but because of Gignac's really late transfer nothing came of it.

Roux seems a lot bigger than he is (6') but doesn't play in a Llorente of Gignac sort of way. Not sure if that makes sense. Not the kind of physical presence who can create opportunities for others. Is really really good off the ball. Extremely athletic. Takes a ton of shots from just about any angle, but TBF, he really had to.

That Brest team played a counter-attacking deep deep defensive line. When they struck on the counter it was usually long balls to Grougi or Roux. Teams played a lot of high lines against Brest and he was continually threatening with room to run. This past season the games that I saw him he was wasteful at times and almost always offside. However, I suppose that he had to be like that considering Brest's lack of offensive options and that he and Grougi were working with no room for error and had to take any chance that they were presented with. Am pretty sure that he played alone up top with Grougi (AM) behind him trying to feed passes through. So consider all this when looking @ his numbers and trying to assess him, as I am not sure if the '10/'11 numbers really reflect the whole story with this guy. Plus keep in mind that he broke his metatarsal in December, and when Brest rushed him back he immediately tore a muscle in his quad or calf.

Regarding Roux to Liverpool... I just saw the transfer number being kicked around (£7M). At first glance, that seems excessive to me. Considering that arguably the best LB in France this past season just sold to l'OM for £2.25M over the weekend, I would have thought that Roux would be priced at less than £7M.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is (1) nothing more than pushing the price up for another Club or (2) as a smokescreen to seemingly divert our interest away from another striker for the time being. At least at the £7M level for Roux it smells of that...
tasmin

Postby tasmin » 2011 Jun 22, 11:23

looks bit like torres lol :lol: !
vamos arriba la celeste !
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2011 Oct 26, 13:50

Global Update
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2012 Jan 17, 21:12

Christiancito
Valued Contributor

Postby Christiancito » 2012 Jan 24, 20:29

Number 23.
Fiddy

Postby Fiddy » 2012 Jan 31, 23:19

Well to start with anonyme, You've done a great job on him, i just have a few tweaks in mind.
1st of all, WFA can be easly a 5, he isnt that bad with his left. And one thing which attracted my attention (while he was at Brest) his ability to orchestrate their game, he always dropped back to get the ball and then lead his team-mates(and You adding Dummy-Runner was spot on mate ;) ), was playing kind of an SS, and as a result, i really believe his passing is quite decent for an attacker, i can see a +1 in his SPA, SPS and LPA.
Another thing i noticed in him, he isn't this weak Adrien, he could easly be 79/80 if you ask me, he really can maintain his own versus other opponents, he usually relies on his agility/quick turning ability, and as that, i can see his Agility up one point. Finally, i'd give him Shoulder Feint skills. (not sure why Konami gave him Roulette tho..thoughts?)
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2012 Feb 01, 18:15

You suggestions is fine to me, I agree of course and will update him with your suggestions ;)

For Shoulder Feint Skills, I removed it because I was too generous to give card, now I try to be harsh and only guve card that a player use a lot. And a player with the star *dribbling will make this trick, but I agree to give him this card. Roulette is really not his trick :D I never saw him make a Roulette
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Fiddy

Postby Fiddy » 2012 Feb 01, 19:34

Looks better mate, and funny you mentionned Dribbling*, shouldnt he get Mazing Run as a result?

Edit: i just notices that you made him an SS*; wéll i didnt suggest it to be his main position, he was surely playing as an CF in an Playmaker-missing Brest, so he HAD to drop a lot and recover balls and then make his team-mates play...i guess Dummy Runner will make him act this way...unless you think he is better suited as an SS* mate :)
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2012 Feb 01, 22:22

No he doesn't deserves it.
xurxoai
New Stat Maker

Postby xurxoai » 2012 Mar 15, 06:45

nice stats, great player for the future, congrats!
[imghttp://www.halacelta.com/media/galeria/35/3/0/3/3/o_celta_de_vigo_los_jugadores-843303.jpg[/img]
conker8
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby conker8 » 2012 Apr 30, 11:23

Well, I disagree with Fiddy when he said he isn't weak.
At least with Lille, he seems like paper. I rate him at 76.
I will swap Attack and SA with Jelen also.
Fiddy

Postby Fiddy » 2012 Apr 30, 11:31

Yeah man, i really noticed this too, it's really weird how a player can seem rather strong with a team, and paper-thin with another team shortly after. I guess an 77 would be a good compromise for now.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2012 Apr 30, 16:59

Yes agree on attack and SA too. His offensive movements are really decisive and always on the good way. Show very good games with Lille.
Adrien

Re: Nolan Roux

Postby Adrien » 2013 Jan 12, 21:26

His DA and Acc are a bit generous, his dribble are sometimes very poor, he has great turns but his close control can't fit on yellow. I also prefer him on 83/84 acceleration.

His DS can go down a bit too, something like 82.
mat880
Regular Poster

Re: Nolan Roux

Postby mat880 » 2014 Aug 05, 12:25

I have making a video of his assists,goals and shots.

Return to “Nîmes Olympique”