PSD Guru

Re: Gheorge FLORESCU, Midtjylland

Postby Paddy » 2009 Oct 05, 17:45

His name is Gheorghe FLORESCU not Gheorge FLORESCU
PMC
PSD Guru

Re: Gheorghe FLORESCU, Midtjylland

Postby PMC » 2010 Mar 03, 22:25

very disappointing debut for the Romanian NT imo. I'll come up with more details later.
I'm against you
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2010 Mar 08, 03:04

slight update for now
I'm against you
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2010 Apr 05, 11:21

loaned to Alania Vladikavkaz
I'm against you
PMC
PSD Guru

Re: Gheorghe FLORESCU

Postby PMC » 2010 Sep 08, 22:01

updated based on his performances for the NT
I'm against you
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2011 Mar 28, 14:45

he's probably overrated
I'm against you
Raulic
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Raulic » 2011 Apr 01, 20:40

Got Released...
www.pesromania.org
pelimetal
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Gheorghe Florescu, Gabala FK

Postby pelimetal » 2015 Dec 27, 20:37

petreleo

Re: Gheorghe Florescu, Gabala FK

Postby petreleo » 2016 Jan 23, 09:19

http://omonoia.com.cy/default.asp?lang= ... &nid=3835#

Signed for _cyp AC Omonoia Nicosia.
He is #40.
petreleo

Re: Gheorghe Florescu, AC Omonoia Nicosia

Postby petreleo » 2016 Oct 31, 15:18

He signed for Omonoia last January as a replacement for one of their most consistent players, Box-to-Box Defensive-Midfielder Economides who later left Omonoia for Anorthosis after losing his place in the starting eleven to Florescu, which was obviously a surprise to many.
Florescu was a regular for Omonoia in his first six months at the club, playing ahead of Economides as one of their two Box-to-Box Defensive-Midfielders, alongside Margaça, and despite this, his performances weren't consistent at all in that position. Obviously, he was able of making some really good forward passes, especially passes into-space to start counter-attacks, but his overall defensive contribution, and also his finishing just weren't good enough to continue being considered as first-choice in that position for the new Season, also.
Especially, after Omonoia were eliminated from the Europa League this Season from Beitar Jerusalem, which was also a result of an unbelievable miss from Florescu towards the end of the 2nd leg, Florescu was dropped to the bench for the start of the League Season.
However, Omonoia's defence was looking really shaky after the first few League matches, with bad form and injuries of new Center-Back signings, Nascimento, Jörgensen and Panteliades, and also Orsulic, and they reckoned that Florescu's experience will come good at Center-Back, as they placed him as a partner of Greek veteran Vyntra for many continuous matches.
The combination of the two has improved Omonoia's defence considerably, not because Florescu has became a top Center-Back from one day to another, but because those two have the experience to form a stable partnership together, as the physicality of Vyntra meets nicely with the technique of Florescu, especially with Omonoia's young-star, Defensive-Midfielder, Fanos Katelaris, playing just in-front of those two as an Anchor-Man to provide cover for their defence.
Talking about his Set, I would question his ability to play as an AMF, anymore(AMF to be removed?). I don't know if he used to play a lot in that position at previous clubs(if someone knows, then opinions are welcome), but at Omonoia he just doesn't seem like a player who can still do a job as an Attacking-Midfielder, also having never played in that position since moving there, of course. In my eyes, he is an experienced squad-rotational player who can provide decent cover at a number of positions from the center of the field and back, firstly as a Box-to-Box Defensive-Midfielder(DMF as Primary-Position& CMF as Secondary?), and then, as it proved, as a Center-Back(CB to be added as Secondary-Position?).
Also, for the same reason I would like to see his Attack and Defence values being reversed. Despite proving that he has good technique and passing for the Cyprus League's standards, he just lacks that "cutting-edge" ability in the final-third to translate his good technique into chances created, assists and goals, while his Defence has certainly improved since starting regularly at Center-Back. Additionally, his on-the-ball game-style lacks "urgency". which is natural given his age. Things like Agility, Acceleration and Dribble Speed can easily be lowered, as a result, to 75 to reflect this lack of speed and urgency when he has the ball, but also his more calm and slow approach when passing the ball from the back.
petreleo

Re: Gheorghe Florescu, AC Omonoia Nicosia

Postby petreleo » 2017 Apr 24, 16:03

petreleo wrote:He signed for Omonoia last January as a replacement for one of their most consistent players, Box-to-Box Defensive-Midfielder Economides who later left Omonoia for Anorthosis after losing his place in the starting eleven to Florescu, which was obviously a surprise to many.
Florescu was a regular for Omonoia in his first six months at the club, playing ahead of Economides as one of their two Box-to-Box Defensive-Midfielders, alongside Margaça, and despite this, his performances weren't consistent at all in that position. Obviously, he was able of making some really good forward passes, especially passes into-space to start counter-attacks, but his overall defensive contribution, and also his finishing just weren't good enough to continue being considered as first-choice in that position for the new Season, also.
Especially, after Omonoia were eliminated from the Europa League this Season from Beitar Jerusalem, which was also a result of an unbelievable miss from Florescu towards the end of the 2nd leg, Florescu was dropped to the bench for the start of the League Season.
However, Omonoia's defence was looking really shaky after the first few League matches, with bad form and injuries of new Center-Back signings, Nascimento, Jörgensen and Panteliades, and also Orsulic, and they reckoned that Florescu's experience will come good at Center-Back, as they placed him as a partner of Greek veteran Vyntra for many continuous matches.
The combination of the two has improved Omonoia's defence considerably, not because Florescu has became a top Center-Back from one day to another, but because those two have the experience to form a stable partnership together, as the physicality of Vyntra meets nicely with the technique of Florescu, especially with Omonoia's young-star, Defensive-Midfielder, Fanos Katelaris, playing just in-front of those two as an Anchor-Man to provide cover for their defence.
Talking about his Set, I would question his ability to play as an AMF, anymore(AMF to be removed?). I don't know if he used to play a lot in that position at previous clubs(if someone knows, then opinions are welcome), but at Omonoia he just doesn't seem like a player who can still do a job as an Attacking-Midfielder, also having never played in that position since moving there, of course. In my eyes, he is an experienced squad-rotational player who can provide decent cover at a number of positions from the center of the field and back, firstly as a Box-to-Box Defensive-Midfielder(DMF as Primary-Position& CMF as Secondary?), and then, as it proved, as a Center-Back(CB to be added as Secondary-Position?).
Also, for the same reason I would like to see his Attack and Defence values being reversed. Despite proving that he has good technique and passing for the Cyprus League's standards, he just lacks that "cutting-edge" ability in the final-third to translate his good technique into chances created, assists and goals, while his Defence has certainly improved since starting regularly at Center-Back. Additionally, his on-the-ball game-style lacks "urgency". which is natural given his age. Things like Agility, Acceleration and Dribble Speed can easily be lowered, as a result, to 75 to reflect this lack of speed and urgency when he has the ball, but also his more calm and slow approach when passing the ball from the back.

In relation to what I wrote above some months ago, I would go a step further and suggest some more updates, and mainly downgrades regarding his Set.
Defensively, he is a solid midfielder(and even slightly stronger than this) who can also play as an emergency Center-Back, but he lacks technical creativity in his passing, and his finishing is poor as he cannot finish chances. Furthermore, his Speed is regarded as one of his weaknesses, and therefore some further downgrades are needed in this area, as well.

Suggested Changes:
Spoiler: show
- Balance: 78 (+1)
- Top Speed: 75 (-1)
- Acceleration: 74 (-1)
- Agility: 74 (-1)
- Dribble Accuracy: 76 (-2)
- Dribble Speed: 74 (-1)
- Short Pass Accuracy: 78 (-2)
- Short Pass Speed: 77 (-2)
- Long Pass Accuracy: 77 (-1)
- Shot Accuracy: 70 (-2)