PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Fedor Chalov

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Oct 10, 18:37

Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2020 Jan 04, 04:25

The guy has obviously outgrown his league. Some notes regarding my last update:

-He seems to be quick. He especially has a very good burst but fails to produce when trying to dribble at speed, hence the DS downgrade.
-He's a versatile, complete shooter with no notable flaws in his shooting and some standout displays of SA and ST. Might be flukes, need more samples for confirmation.
-He's a good passer with both low and lofted balls in and around the box, maybe a case of green passing accuracy values in the future and white/60s for passing speeds.
-Nothing special when it comes to heading and aerial game but he's scored a few, current values seem fine.
-I'm conflicted on his first touch and he doesn't seem to be anything higher than the current 77 for now but might improve in the future.
-He's got good balance and keeps his feet very well under pressure, he's capable to use this to hold onto the ball until he's fouled.
-His DA is pretty tidy and a borderline yellow value like the one I assigned looks spot on for now, might be higher in the future, he's 100% DA > TEC at the moment.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
anOKguy
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Apr 15, 21:35

Ocrin wrote:The guy has obviously outgrown his league. Some notes regarding my last update:

-He seems to be quick. He especially has a very good burst but fails to produce when trying to dribble at speed, hence the DS downgrade.
-He's a versatile, complete shooter with no notable flaws in his shooting and some standout displays of SA and ST. Might be flukes, need more samples for confirmation.
-He's a good passer with both low and lofted balls in and around the box, maybe a case of green passing accuracy values in the future and white/60s for passing speeds.
-Nothing special when it comes to heading and aerial game but he's scored a few, current values seem fine.
-I'm conflicted on his first touch and he doesn't seem to be anything higher than the current 77 for now but might improve in the future.
-He's got good balance and keeps his feet very well under pressure, he's capable to use this to hold onto the ball until he's fouled.
-His DA is pretty tidy and a borderline yellow value like the one I assigned looks spot on for now, might be higher in the future, he's 100% DA > TEC at the moment.

So I am largely in agreement with your above post, Ocrin! I think there are only really something like the first half of the first bullet and then a larger sample size for the second bullet that I can expand upon a bit more below where I have another view.

So his shooting has some really good peaks like the 3 examples I include below, but outside of that from a consistency standpoint it drops off a bit. His placement falls a bit more back towards the norm and he really can just be lower. The peaks are there, but with the larger sample size the more of outliers those goals become and a lot larger quantity of poor shots. I had in mind reducing SA to 77/78

For his speed, I really don't see it too much. He has some flashes a little here and there, but I caught a good number of his games and he was really a mid-lower green player for both TS and ACC. I had TS at 76 and ACC at 77. To go for brevity a bit more I pulled footage from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9or-LTS21so compared to the full games, but in the duration of this it seems to backup the lower speed numbers and to save everyone watching a number of CSKA games I can vouch for the consistency of the speed demonstrated in the clips compared to what he shows fully in game. Also, I find him more supportive as a striker than a goal poacher. He likes to move slightly wider and often Vlasic will then burst into the middle in the zone left by Chalov and those two work well together. Agility I had down in the 74/75 range as well as he is fairly awkward and stiff. To me it was a little lower agility at the addition of a touch more onto ds as will be gotten into below. He likes to get involved in the buildup play and can hold the ball up as well to help wait and slow down to bring the rest of the team into play. But, he lacks breakaway speed and burst really to do too much. Not as much a poacher or player for the break.

Heading and aerial are as you note and the larger sample size did not show me it is worth changing!

Your DA value is spot on, 79 checks out here. He has good control of the ball, but I think the Tech could be a hair closer to it at 78 and leave just a point behind for now. There are some good displays he is able to have of it. DS might be worth bumping a tiny hair to 77 as well. Clearly not his best attribute and a 1 point difference, but that was what I was left thinking.

His teamwork could get a boost into the lower-mid 70s as his movement and support play is quite good. Inversely I do not see too much aggression from him and more close to upper 70s - low 80s. As mentioned above, I like his support movement and don't see him really poaching much.

Final stuff is for consistency the attack might be a little better at 77 but 78 still works totally fine. Passing as you note has some green moments and I think he crossed the threshold to be given it for accuracy. He has a few moments each game and demonstrates some very solid vision. Below are a few of those examples.

Shooting:
Spoiler: show
Image really great goal
Image great left foot volley
Image really good half volley

Passing:
Spoiler: show
Image great through ball
Image amazing flick pass
https://media.giphy.com/media/ZBi2p0BRy ... /giphy.gif great chipped pass
Image really incisive pass

Analysis:
Average speed, but very sharp player. Good/great movement and an eye for a pass on top of it. Good close control and touch, but lacks breakaway pace. Can hold up the ball and contribute in combination play. Good volley, but average shooting. Very solid passer of all types of balls. Drifts wide often. Moderate aggression.

Return to “PFC CSKA Moskva”