PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Benjamin Pavard

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Apr 03, 08:38

KeyserSoze
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Benjamin Pavard

Postby KeyserSoze » 2018 Mar 09, 14:38

His callups to France NT are anything but a casualty. Technically speaking he looks significantly better than this. Specially his short passing, which is fairly precise and incisive when he wants to do it. He's not a monster in the air, but I don't see him this poor in the air to this extent.

His DEF looks just slightly better, but it is his RES which is much more impressive on him. I actually rate him as a very reactive and reckless defender. Also both Mentality and TW are overall better, but ain't sure to which extent. Also, he's probably among the fastest CBs in BuLi, surely mid 80s material for TS.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2018 May 15, 16:39

I regret in a single point I made before about his aerial prowess: He actually rocks in the air when defending. It is a shame he lacks the skill to head the ball properly when going forward for set pieces, but Pavard is exceptionally solid when jumping to make a defensive clearance with his head. Both the power and timing of those leaps are incredible.

Indeed, his style of defending is quite different to Badstuber's, yet they make an interesting partnership by taking advantages of their respectives pros while mending some of their lackstures. Badstuber provides much more composure, technical skills to build up and moderate strength, while brings energy down the backline with his speed, temper and super jumps.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 May 26, 13:17

https://streamable.com/z29q0

Just found this and I had to post it. Absolutely unfair assist, one of the best I've ever seen from a defender.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Sanji
PSD Youth League

Postby Sanji » 2018 Jul 03, 08:58

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/wxpvay

Replays: https://www.clippituser.tv/c/ypeqba

More cos it's just so good: https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qvkxlz

That was some shot. Best goal of the WC yet IMO. Griezmann's face ^^ Actually this was probably the best goal ever in a WC for France.

Good catch for the ment value. Did he really show such speed? Haven't seen it yet. Bit disappointed by his ball winning and defending. He defends as a RB same way he'd defend as a CB and i dont like it. opens the outside way too much and overall gives too much space. Think he deserves slightly better attack/agg. Hes pretty conservative but he's got flair, when he goes up its got meaning. As we already talked about, really smart player.

Btw that's like the 3rd time he shots on goal with us and he genuinely looks like he got good technique/accuracy/power combo for a CB.
dakar95
Regular Poster

Postby dakar95 » 2018 Dec 03, 15:59

anOKguy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Jan 10, 20:14

Will move to Bayern in the summer
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2019 May 27, 23:48

I'm not surprised to see him with lower form after being a NT world champion and being among the best XI of that tournament. What is amusing was to watch he lowered it to that extent, to the point of being fairly responsible for the relegation of Stuttgart.

I didn't watch the prom/rel playoff against Union Berlin, but still, Pavard was usually uninspired and unfocused for most of the season. Really dissapointing to see it from him, as he's proved to be a good defender in the past.
Akephalos
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Akephalos » 2019 May 27, 23:59

KeyserSoze wrote:I'm not surprised to see him with lower form after being a NT world champion and being among the best XI of that tournament. What is amusing was to watch he lowered it to that extent, to the point of being fairly responsible for the relegation of Stuttgart.

I didn't watch the prom/rel playoff against Union Berlin, but still, Pavard was usually uninspired and unfocused for most of the season. Really dissapointing to see it from him, as he's proved to be a good defender in the past.

I think he is overrated, tbh. Not the stats but the perception everyone has about him after being named "the best RB of the WC". I think Stuttgart's problem was lack of consistency, bad luck (due to a LOT of injuries) and lack of reaction to understand the wrong spot they had in the table. Badsuber and Gomez were the ones who had to take the lead in the team but they are also inconsistent. They had decent defenders but Stuttgart's defensive system diddnt work at all this season.
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!
Akephalos
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Akephalos » 2019 Sep 29, 04:03

He seems way faster, his short runs are actually pretty good, i'd say his acc could match his TS or could be a bit higher, same with response. He is not spectacular but he is well rounded, technically he is good, passing, dribbling and controls are beyond decent. Specially his long passing, really good range and accuracy

Spoiler: show
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!

Return to “FC Bayern München”