PSD Backbone

William Carvalho

Postby PES Stats Database » 2013 Oct 02, 10:09

Full Name: William Silva de Carvalho

joaommx
PSD Youth League

Re: William Carvalho

Postby joaommx » 2014 Jul 25, 13:10

I would lower his SA, the only times I've seen him shoot on target were from inside the box. Plus, there is just no way he shoots more accurately than Jefferson, Rojo and Dier (even considering that the former is underrated), and almost as well as Cédric or André Martins (who is also underrated).
FernandoA13
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby FernandoA13 » 2014 Jul 26, 14:54

joaommx wrote:I would lower his SA, the only times I've seen him shoot on target were from inside the box. Plus, there is just no way he shoots more accurately than Jefferson, Rojo and Dier (even considering that the former is underrated), and almost as well as Cédric or André Martins (who is also underrated).

I agree we could lower William SA to something like 68. But i don't agree André Martins is underrated. His finishing isn't that good, atleast what he showed last seasons. His FKA could get a slight raise, he always places them descent.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
joaommx
PSD Youth League

Postby joaommx » 2014 Jul 26, 15:30

FernandoA13 wrote:
joaommx wrote:I would lower his SA, the only times I've seen him shoot on target were from inside the box. Plus, there is just no way he shoots more accurately than Jefferson, Rojo and Dier (even considering that the former is underrated), and almost as well as Cédric or André Martins (who is also underrated).

I agree we could lower William SA to something like 68. But i don't agree André Martins is underrated. His finishing isn't that good, atleast what he showed last seasons. His FKA could get a slight raise, he always places them descent.

Maybe I'm being too influenced from what I've seen on open training sessions or when the team is warming up. Whenever they have finishing drills Martins is always one of the best. He might not show it during the games though.

On the last open training session Tanaka was the only player who didn't miss any of his attempts btw, so keep an eye on him. Rosell on the other hand missed them all, just like during the friendlies so far, he looks like he shoots even worse than William.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2014 Jul 26, 16:22

joaommx wrote:
FernandoA13 wrote:

Maybe I'm being too influenced from what I've seen on open training sessions or when the team is warming up. Whenever they have finishing drills Martins is always one of the best. He might not show it during the games though.

On the last open training session Tanaka was the only player who didn't miss any of his attempts btw, so keep an eye on him. Rosell on the other hand missed them all, just like during the friendlies so far, he looks like he shoots even worse than William.

Yes, Tanaka is playing better then expected. And Rosell from what i noticed, isn't very tecnically gifted in a few aspects and he seems to be quite over aggressive in challanges. About Andre, yeah maybe he shows it at training etc but he doesn't show it often enough in games. Scored max 6/7 goals in his prof carreer i think. Altough i know he has it in him.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
joaommx
PSD Youth League

Postby joaommx » 2014 Jul 26, 17:05

FernandoA13 wrote:
joaommx wrote:
FernandoA13 wrote:

Yes, Tanaka is playing better then expected. And Rosell from what i noticed, isn't very tecnically gifted in a few aspects and he seems to be quite over aggressive in challanges. About Andre, yeah maybe he shows it at training etc but he doesn't show it often enough in games. Scored max 6/7 goals in his prof carreer i think. Altough i know he has it in him.

Let's hope he shows it this season then, he's off to a good start with three goals in three games so far, against Belenenses, Benfica and Utrecht.
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

William Carvalho

Postby Tellmo » 2014 Dec 29, 15:41

Vedette...
He not open your eyes that is not necessary.

William is very accurate in the tackles, but for this, the opponents need to go against him (literally). :lol:
KEEP CALM and HURRAY BENFICA!
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2014 Dec 31, 17:06

Tellmo wrote:Vedette...

William is very accurate in the tackles, but for this, the opponents need to go against him (literally). :lol:
Didin't understand this, what do you mean?
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

William Carvalho

Postby Tellmo » 2015 Jan 07, 12:19

FernandoA13 wrote:
Tellmo wrote:Vedette...

Didin't understand this, what do you mean?

I do not see good values of response...
For example; Javi, Matic and even Fejsa, run towards the opponent to try to disarm (which is normal in a defensive midfielder). Currently, William is rare do this, it is rare he run behind someone... but on the other hand does not give chances to the opponents when these dribbling around him (William).

As I see it increased the value of Defence and diminished the value of Response.
Consider the values of Teamwork and Mentality too high.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2015 Jan 08, 17:39

William plays a different role then the players you mentioned. They just play at the ''same'' posistion, that's different. You have different ways to play at the same posistion. I don't think we should decrease his TW his off the ball movement is good, MENT i also reckon it should be white. I think his form should be decreased to 5. RES was asked to be raised by a few members i believe. I will let RES stay this way for now.
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Tellmo » 2015 Jan 08, 19:58

FernandoA13 wrote:William plays a different role then the players you mentioned. They just play at the ''same'' posistion, that's different. You have different ways to play at the same posistion. I don't think we should decrease his TW his off the ball movement is good, MENT i also reckon it should be white. I think his form should be decreased to 5. RES was asked to be raised by a few members i believe. I will let RES stay this way for now.

I do not agree...
I leave in the same my suggestions:
Attack: 66 68
Defence: 7677
Response: 82 80
Form: 6 5
Tenacity: 7672
Teamwork: 8582/83
Karbrüggen
Regular Poster

Postby Karbrüggen » 2015 Jun 27, 18:04

He looks faster on the first meters for me. Saw him at the U21 EC. He has a quite good ACC in relation of his set.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2015 Jun 28, 13:47

On the ball yes, sometimes and pretty descent speed. But not off the ball.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Oct 08, 01:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBFPicgheSs

I really don't see why his SA has to be this high, looks totally average to me, more like 66 or something similar.
String
New Stat Maker

Postby String » 2016 Jul 12, 01:13

I don't see a reason why you are giving this high BC and DA stats to a dmf's, by your stats every dmf is pure beast, even Tiote fore example o.O . Really guys this doesn't have any sense. William is not more than 79 BC and 77 DA, because with higher BC and DA and this high passing stats he will become in game something he is not in reality, he will be able to create chances, make dribblings and key passes, I tried him with these stats and I can say he is nothing close to what he really is. Default KONAMI set is closer to real WIlliam than this one.
dakar95
Regular Poster

Postby dakar95 » 2016 Jul 12, 02:41

Some videos where he shows his passes?
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Jul 12, 02:46

I have to watch him more but that 85 SPA and 84 LPA look pretty high for a player like him.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2016 Sep 09, 02:12

http://www.givemesport.com/865417-willi ... -III-1sted

This guy never impressed me while playing for Portugal. Just look at this.
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Sep 09, 05:54

William Carvalho is a tricky guy to rate, regarding his short passing abilities. While he's indeed able to perform some crisp and accurate passes, not rarely he makes dumb passes that are either directed to an opponent, or that clearly are going to be intercepted.
I wouldn't mind having him at high greens, until he doesn't improve his decision making. His long passes are smarter though.

As for his DA and TEC, I'm not sure if he deserves a decrease. Carvalho is slow and stiff as a plank of wood. And he can be lazy at times. But if there's one thing that impresses me in him, is his calmness and control of the ball. That is reasonably reflected in his current stats. He's not exactly a dribbler, but he has got decent skills.

Agree on decreasing his SA. Additionally, IMO he should have Condition 5 and his STA dropped.
Houy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Houy » 2016 Sep 09, 11:00

Spa should be kept in the 80s ,even if that's 81.He is a safe passer in general but his Spa shouldn't be this close to his Lpa which is clearly his better attribute.Honestly a lot of aspects of his game are affected by him being so very lazy.Maybe dropping Mentality severely would make him more like irl.I agree with Luisao82 that a player like him that avoids moving so much doesn't need this Sta value ,nor high form to show he is very consistent.
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Sep 09, 11:24

He can be a very insecure (and sometimes dumb) safe passer. That's the problem.
Kinda hard to emulate.

Return to “Real Betis Balompié”