PSD Football Expert

Lucas Leiva

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:41

lfc 4 eva
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: LUCAS Leiva

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2012 Aug 15, 17:36

jurgens wrote:
Jez wrote:Oh yes, I'm not denying that his performances were of a high standard. But wouldn't you agree that his Stamina isn't accurate now?

Not at all, that 90 was more than justified, this 86 is far too low. The guy was immense, constant running, constant hounding, always an abundance of enegry.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks Lucas is better at dispossessing players than parker?

I personally think Lucas is better than Parker at virtually everything but I'm probably biased.
Defo
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Defo » 2012 Aug 15, 17:40

His MEN is rated according to old standards right? Or I'm missing something?
Phil
Valued Contributor

Postby Phil » 2012 Aug 15, 22:36

lfc 4 eva wrote:
jurgens wrote:
Jez wrote:Oh yes, I'm not denying that his performances were of a high standard. But wouldn't you agree that his Stamina isn't accurate now?

Not at all, that 90 was more than justified, this 86 is far too low. The guy was immense, constant running, constant hounding, always an abundance of enegry.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks Lucas is better at dispossessing players than parker?

I personally think Lucas is better than Parker at virtually everything but I'm probably biased.

I agree with you, and I'm an Everton fan :lol:

Never really understood why Parker was rated so highly here (even the toned down stats he has now may be a tad generous) , no disrespect or anything. Lucas has proven a very, very effective player for Liverpool and I've always felt Parker was a tad over-hyped personally.
jurgens
PSD Football Expert

Postby jurgens » 2012 Aug 16, 02:05

Phil wrote:
lfc 4 eva wrote:
jurgens wrote:

I agree with you, and I'm an Everton fan :lol:

Never really understood why Parker was rated so highly here (even the toned down stats he has now may be a tad generous) , no disrespect or anything. Lucas has proven a very, very effective player for Liverpool and I've always felt Parker was a tad over-hyped personally.

I think they are very, very similar players. Both have an abundance of energy, both are pretty relentless and both are always running around trying to get back the ball. I really rate parker, higher than I do Lucas. But I feel the big gap in def isn't right, I feel Parker isn't better than Lucas in regards to def. Parker doesn't seem to me all that effortless in his dispossessions, hes just there.. there a lot, and hes good at it? But is he exceptional? Imo no. But hes very good at it.

Parkers effectiveness comes through his aggression, willingness to win the ball and stamina. I think he is best replicated with a value like for def like konami gave him (78 ish), huge response + stamina. That way hes really good at winning back the ball, hes always there, and he'll have the energy to keep it up the full 90 mins.

It's mostly the same for Lucas, high stamina, high response, with a very good def.. tbh I seem him quite exceptional at winning the ball back on numerous occasions.. for that reason I think he might deserve more than Parker in def.
Phil
Valued Contributor

Postby Phil » 2012 Aug 16, 03:02

Yeah no doubt that they're both very good players, two of the best in their position though I personally rate Lucas more so than I do Parker. I'd say Parker only beats Lucas in ball retention really (well as a DM at least, where as Parker is a better all round midfielder but that's not really shown too much because of his role). In terms of defence I'd rate Lucas higher than Parker no doubt, I find Parker a bit rash at time (albeit effective overall), he'll slide into challenges when there's really no need to at times for instance, where as Lucas seems to always make the right decision on when to sit back, when to pressure, when to slide etc. I'd agree with you when you say Lucas is exceptional when it comes to defence and Parker is very good. There is at least a few points difference imo. Reading my post back it may seem as though I find him really overrated but am just talking about a few points shaved off, mainly defence. Don't like how the media gush over him though, they act as if he's Viera.
Till lindemann
Regular Poster

Postby Till lindemann » 2012 Aug 17, 17:05

Can we raise his def a little bit?
Du wirst nie alleine gehen, ies ist Anfield
Mr. Evans
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Mr. Evans » 2012 Aug 18, 10:56

I'm with lfc 4 eva and Phil. Lucas is a wonderful DM. The problem is that when we made changes to DMs, Lucas was out injured so I decided not touch his set.
I rate him a lot higher than Parker, looking at defensive play. He's a lot stronger on a tactical level. He knows when to stay in his position or when to go for the chase. He knows when to go in for the tackle or keep his distance. And the way he's just always in the right places is just fantastic. He also covers extremely well for his team mates. Parker mostly runs around, putting in tackles and putting pressure on players. That also has its positives but that does cause gaps in midfield for the opposition to expose.

Lucas is also stronger in 1-on-1's, that's probably Parker's biggest weakness, while his tackling is cleaner than Parker's (though Parker is probably better when it comes to sliding tackles). Parker does beat him with his excellent reactions, getting in blocks and his boundless energy and mental strength. Lucas also has good energy but not at Parker's level imo.
And Lucas is better in the air. But Phil is definitely right about Parker being much better when it comes to ball rentention.

When I made that set for Parker, he was in exceptional form. But he never managed to impress as much as he did those first few months at Spurs. So yeah he needs a few changes. Don't get me wrong, Parker is good but Lucas is just fantastic, up there with the likes Busquets, De Rossi for me.
The way I've always seen it is: DEF & TW = Lucas > Parker, STA/MENT & RES = Parker > Lucas

Then again, it remains to be seen how Lucas recovers from his awful injury. But due to his style, it shouldn't have too much of an effect on him.
thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
21-Lucas-21
New Stat Maker

Postby 21-Lucas-21 » 2012 Aug 18, 13:38

Mr. Evans wrote:Then again, it remains to be seen how Lucas recovers from his awful injury. But due to his style, it shouldn't have too much of an effect on him.

He's been one of our best players in pre-season, the difference he's made to the team since his first appearance this summer is remarkable. Wouldn't be surprised if he comes out of it completely unaffected.
Till lindemann
Regular Poster

Postby Till lindemann » 2012 Aug 18, 14:10

Mr evans that was a great analysis, you're totally right, it would be good to see some of his stats higher but he's coming back from that serious injury, let's wait so we can see him play a little bit more and then check his stats, he was great on pre reason matches though ... totally agree
jurgens
PSD Football Expert

Postby jurgens » 2012 Aug 19, 03:12

Mostly agree with Mr.Evans, though I don't any real difference between Lucas and Parker stamina or response wise, but are very active, and lucas just never seems to tire.

I'd drop parker def down to konamis 78, leave response as it is, bring stamina up to 90.
For lucas, bring def up to 80 and tw up to 86, stamina 90 too.
Al-bulldozer
Football Truth Bomber

Postby Al-bulldozer » 2012 Aug 19, 03:20

What about lpa and lps ?
I have accepted Allah as my Lord, and Islam as a way of life, and Muhammad may Allah's peace & plessings be upon him as a Prophet and Messenger of Allah.
Al-bulldozer
Football Truth Bomber

Postby Al-bulldozer » 2012 Aug 20, 17:02

Any update ????
I have accepted Allah as my Lord, and Islam as a way of life, and Muhammad may Allah's peace & plessings be upon him as a Prophet and Messenger of Allah.
Till lindemann
Regular Poster

Postby Till lindemann » 2012 Aug 20, 21:33

Al-bulldozer that's a good idea but we need to see his performance... an update will be good in 4 or 5 more matches.
Al-bulldozer
Football Truth Bomber

Postby Al-bulldozer » 2012 Aug 20, 21:50

He has already shown that he deserves higher stats last season .
Till lindemann
Regular Poster

Postby Till lindemann » 2012 Aug 21, 03:11

Totally true... but the mods have the final word
tasmin

Postby tasmin » 2012 Aug 30, 06:10

again out for possible 3 months. he is really struggling and his form was pretty average before the injury.can't see his IT: A or con that good anymore.
vamos arriba la celeste !
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2012 Aug 30, 17:53

IT: C. Clear as water. But I see no reason to lower Condition. I'd start thinking about making a pre-injuries classic set, btw.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
21-Lucas-21
New Stat Maker

Postby 21-Lucas-21 » 2012 Aug 30, 19:20

Korinov wrote:IT: C. Clear as water. But I see no reason to lower Condition. I'd start thinking about making a pre-injuries classic set, btw.

C? C?! Because he's got injured twice in his whole career at Liverpool? Just because they happen to be in a short timescale doesn't make him a C.
BigStu
PSD Football Expert

Postby BigStu » 2012 Aug 30, 19:26

bollocks to that suggestion, he suffers a mamjor, I repeat major long term ligament injury and comes back and picks up a muscle injury....doh that what happens to 95% of players after such an injury
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2012 Aug 30, 19:46

How much time will have he spent injured once he recovers from his new injury?
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great

Return to “SS Lazio”