Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Douglas Costa

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Feb 01, 00:26

Full Name: Douglas Costa de Souza

OLD DESCRIPTION:
Spoiler: show
Costa is a quick and highly skilful on the ball, but also surprisingly strong considering his relatively slight build. This could make him more suited to the Premier League than his compatriot Robinho, who has been accused of being a tad lightweight and looking like he doesn’t particularly fancy the rough and tumble of a wet Wednesday evening at Stoke.
In recent years, Gremio’s academy has produced an honourable list of graduates – Anderson (Manchester United), Lucas (Liverpool) and Carlos Eduardo (Hoffenheim).
Word in Porto Alegre is that their latest gem, 19-year-old midfielder Douglas Costa, already dubbed ‘The New Ronaldinho’, might top them all – if he decides to focus on football.
“When he appeared, I said that he was going to be the best player Grêmio youth squads had ever nurtured. But I didn’t know he would lack the discipline to make it. He has enormous potential, he’s Seleção-bound, but he has to be aware of it. If he does, he’s a €20 million player, minimum,” claimed Grêmio captain, Tcheco.
Since being unveiled last year as Grêmio’s next hero, Douglas Costa has had a hard time dealing with the spotlight. A regular in the national team youth squads, with Ronaldinho-like dribbling skills and attitude, the midfielder attracted the attention of Manchester United, Juventus and Real Madrid, but never settled as a Grêmio starter.
Off-pitch problems also hurt him – in June, the young playmaker was arrested for driving without a license, which led to a scolding from the club. And as well as his lightening feet, the youngster shares Ronaldinho’s passion for the nightclubs, too.
Coach Paulo Autuori, however, is confident that time will help the midfielder live up to the hype. “He still needs to mature. Some do it quick, some take a little while. Douglas is a high quality player who’ll certainly be a star.”

Last edited by .Maguss. on 2009 Nov 19, 16:32, edited 5 times in total.
Paddy
PSD Guru

Re: DOUGLAS COSTA de Souza

Postby Paddy » 2009 Feb 01, 00:39

coudl you describe him to me? united want him supposedly.
pedala robinho
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby pedala robinho » 2009 Feb 01, 01:18

Paddy, he's considered the biggest talent of Grêmio.
What can I say to you? I'm seeing he since he's in the Grêmio's PRO, and now in Brazil U-20. Looks his Agility is his main quality, TBH I'd raise it to even 87.
Well, is really incredible the quality of his passes, even more if we consider his age. Seriously, when he plays, he don't looks like an Young player. He have a really nice vision of the game, although he's a totally skifulled dribbler. Overall, with his Agility, his Dribbles are they main weapon against the defenders.
Renatomm describe he perfectly, only change that I'll made is, like I said, his Agility. Surely he's more agile than Anderson, maybe even more agile than Alexandre Pato. Agility don't develop, so, I think 87 is good IMO to Douglas Costa.
Man, is simply impressive the way his moves are fluid... It's too natural.
To finalize... What can I say to you... He have enough hability to play in a club like Manc. United, Real Madrid or something similiar.
Last edited by pedala robinho on 2009 Feb 01, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2009 Feb 01, 01:20

supposedly he's the next Anderson.
pedala robinho
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby pedala robinho » 2009 Feb 01, 01:40

TBH, I don't think he's the next Anderson. They have differente styles of play. Anderson is stronger, but don't have Douglas agility. Neither his accuracy in Shots. Now, I remember too say. He's a great free kicks tacker.
What more... Anderson is faster than Douglas and have a more burning acceleration.
Seriously, their style aren't too similar.
But Douglas have hability and technique to turn into a same level player than Anderson.
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2009 Feb 01, 01:48

thanks for the description pedala :)
pedala robinho
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby pedala robinho » 2009 Feb 01, 01:57

You're welcome, mate ;) ... Anything you need, just PM me, I'll try to help ;) .
renatomm
Regular Poster

Postby renatomm » 2009 Feb 01, 02:39

i thought that his agility could be better but i wasn't sure, so i agree with
Agility: 87
and it's already updated
jmg721
PSD Guru

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Mar 12, 14:26

I updated his pic & weight.

I have some notes from seeing him for less than 20 min.

Attack: 76(is he already at this level of positioning and attack awareness?)
Stamina: 81(are we sure about this value...he hasn't played very much yet? I think 3 full matches)
Top Speed: 84
Acceleration: 85
I thought he was quicker or faster than Souza :?
Response: 80(IMO he seems WAY overrated. He hasn't shown this level of response yet. He should probably be a 76.)
Short Pass Accuracy: 80
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 79
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 72
Shot Power: 81
Shot Technique: 74
Yikes....really?!? I find it hard to believe his passing and shooting is already at this level. Especially passing.
Free Kick Accuracy: 79(has he scored a FK?)
Mentality: 76(is he even this hard working?)
Team Work: 74(could possibly be even lower)
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot frequency: 4
I truthfully couldn't tell what foot was his preferred. I thought he was both footed :?
"The Recoba Effect"
.Maguss.
New Stat Maker

Postby .Maguss. » 2009 Mar 18, 17:06

jmg721 wrote:I updated his pic & weight.

I have some notes from seeing him for less than 20 min.

Attack: 76(is he already at this level of positioning and attack awareness?)

Really no.

Stamina: 81(are we sure about this value...he hasn't played very much yet? I think 3 full matches)

He don't have any problems with Stamina. He is young, and run all the pitch all the time. 81 is pretty fine.

Top Speed: 84
Acceleration: 85
I thought he was quicker or faster than Souza :?

Probably.

Response: 80(IMO he seems WAY overrated. He hasn't shown this level of response yet. He should probably be a 76.)

Agreed.

Short Pass Accuracy: 80
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 79
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 72
Shot Power: 81
Shot Technique: 74
Yikes....really?!? I find it hard to believe his passing and shooting is already at this level. Especially passing.

Really. I'd also go with higher SPS, LPA and LPS. He is the third better passer of Grêmio (just behing Souza and Tcheco).

Free Kick Accuracy: 79(has he scored a FK?)

As a professional player, never. 79 looks very high really.

Mentality: 76(is he even this hard working?)

No. Should be lower.

Team Work: 74(could possibly be even lower)

Really. Very selfish.

Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot frequency: 4
I truthfully couldn't tell what foot was his preferred. I thought he was both footed :?

WFF looks good, but WFA can be 6 or 7.
jmg721
PSD Guru

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Mar 18, 17:38

Taking Maguss's thought into account.....
My Suggested Values:
Attack: 74
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 87
Response: 76
Free Kick Accuracy: 74
Short Pass Speed: 79
Long Pass Accuracy: 80
Long Pass Speed: 78
Mentality: 74
Team Work: 72
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6

Obviously I'll have to trust on the passing ;)
"The Recoba Effect"
renatomm
Regular Poster

Postby renatomm » 2009 Mar 18, 17:55

updated, and u can pass this topic to Maguss, he knows Grêmio's players better than i
pedala robinho
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby pedala robinho » 2009 May 02, 23:20

I had to say, maybe his Defense is a bit high, not? I'd say it can go down to something like 48-50, since even CM's with good defensive qualities (like Elias, Corinthians) has 55 or something near.
Next, about his Free Kick Accuracy quality... I'd put it at 78, he's really a great free kick tacker. Also, I'd say about his DA/DS, maybe DA can go down both by one point, and DS maybe go up by one so 83/85, while his Agility goes up by one, so 88.
Maybe even his Curling can go up to 80, his shots are really gifted, with venomous curling.
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2009 Oct 10, 18:44

Very good player. His DS and Stamina will soon be reviewed, i believe.
tamaguchi_japa
PSD Elite

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2009 Oct 11, 02:21

agree with previous suggestions, he did a fastastic game today ;)
.Maguss.
New Stat Maker

Postby .Maguss. » 2009 Nov 23, 15:26

Defence: 54? Why is this so high? Should be down to low 40s.
All speed stats (TS, Acc, Agility, DS) could go up 1-2 points.
I'd reduce his SPA to 79 and up his SPS to 81. His passes looks more fast than accurate. On the other hand, his long passes looks amazing. I'd raise both LPA and LPS to 82. He put very dangerous crosses in the area. Along with this, I'd raise his curling to something like 83, add *Outside and give a lower WFF, probably 3.
Shot Power could go up 1-2 points too.
FK Accuracy should go up to the high 70s. He is a better FK taker than Tcheco.

Not sure about these ones:
Technique to 84?
Aggression to 83-84?
Condition to 6?

And for cards:
S06 – Outside Curve
P05 – Trickster or P07 – Mazing Run
P11 – Cut Back Pass ?
S14 – Quick Turn ?
S19 – Quick Scissor Dribble ?
tamaguchi_japa
PSD Elite

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2009 Nov 23, 15:38

Defence: agree here, he looks never come back to help.

Speed Stats: im not sure about it, if we raise him, we must raise some other players too, what imo is wrong, 85/87 is enough in TS/ACC; about AGI and DS, i dont think he is more agile than this, he isn't more agile than D'ale. agree with DS, 84 is really a low number, i would like to suggest 87.

Curling and WFF: agree with both, even with more curling, his shots and crosses are amazing ;)

SP: really agree here, he has a bomb on his feet ;)

FKA: agree too, at least +5. even yellow ;)

Technique: agree here, he could be -1 than Ganso

AGG: 83-84 is too much, i should agree with a 82.

Condition: agree here, and imo his consistency could go to 6 too;

for the Cards, agree with outside, mazing run, quick turn and cut back pass.

im not sure about quick scissor, i never saw him doing it
.Maguss.
New Stat Maker

Postby .Maguss. » 2009 Nov 23, 16:05

He do the Quick Scissor, but it is a bit rare. This video shows he doing it sometimes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq1fEv5JmCA

I also think this video could be added to the first post :D

For Consitency, I'm not sure he deserves a 6 now. Although he is playing very well lately, he played various bad games before.
Ajacied_Breda1
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Nov 23, 17:15

Personally, I've rated Douglas Costa differently in some areas in my personal OF. I hope you guys don't mind if I map out the differences...

Defence: 42 --> The original number is, simply said, ridiculous. Douglas rarely if ever goes back, nor is he a star defensively and he does nothing, I repeat nothing to justify a remotely capable number for defending. As pedala robinho earlier stated, it's save to say he's not even close defensively capable midfielders like Elias or, a more feasible example, Riccardo Montolivo.
Agility: 88 --> On par with Diego, Lavezzi, Tavano, Arshavin, A. Young and Torres. I feel that's a fair number for the kid, especially because his movements remind me an awful lot of Robinho (93) but he's yet to make more minutes to accurately judge about a world-class number for Costa. Hence the (temporary) number of 88.
Dribble Speed: 87 --> On par with Steven Pienaar, who's got comparable speed stats. He's quick with the ball at his feet, quicker than the likes of Duff, Milner and Benayoun in my eyes.
Short Pass Accuracy: 79 --> A tiny bit (1 point) better than the likes of Anderson and Denilson in accuracy of his short balls through...
Short Pass Speed: 81 --> ... but on par with those lads regarding the speed of his passes. An 81 will suffice when spraying around through balls behind defenders, as that's what Douglas likes to do in the centre (apart from shooting).
Long Pass Accuracy: 81 --> His crosses are quite accurate and often reach target...
Long Pass Speed: 83 --> ... but they are faster than they are accurate. He has a big range of crosses and will deploy them if needed. Really good quality of his.
Shot Power: 83 --> See Maguss' suggestions.
Free Kick Accuracy: 78 --> Very good free kick taker but he needs a little bit more experience in this aspect to become a yellow number. He's close but not quite yet the regular scorer from set-pieces.
Curling: 83 --> See Maguss' suggestions.
Technique: 84 --> See Maguss' suggestions.
Aggression: 82 --> See Tama_Japa's suggestions.
WFA: 5 --> Why lower? Well, he's good with his right but not as good as a 6 would suggest. He can take ball with it but it's clearly not his stronger leg and I've seen him scuff quite a few chances with his right that he would've surely scored with his left.
Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
.Maguss.
New Stat Maker

Postby .Maguss. » 2009 Nov 23, 17:22

Very good suggestions. Agree with everything.

Return to “Juventus FC”