PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Milan Škriniar

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Mar 11, 22:02

antony
PSD Elite

Re: Milan Škriniar

Postby antony » 2017 Dec 19, 14:46

Rex wrote:The one thing i'm sure about Škriniar is his incredible ability to win the ball with lunging tackle easily. Has shown astonishing DEF value so far, that is true.

honestly he doesn't use lunging tackles, but i quote the part in bold
Rex
Regular Poster

Postby Rex » 2017 Dec 19, 15:28

https://youtu.be/keZ5Z-dGI0E 03:08 i am quite sure that's a lunge, and the definition of lunge is

"a sudden forward thrust of the body, typically with an arm outstretched to attack someone or seize something."

If that's a lunge, that's by far his biggest quality in defending actually.

Sorry if i am wrong, it is possible.
Relja's not dead
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Dec 19, 18:16

Rex wrote:https://youtu.be/keZ5Z-dGI0E 03:08 i am quite sure that's a lunge, and the definition of lunge is

"a sudden forward thrust of the body, typically with an arm outstretched to attack someone or seize something."

He usually steals the ball without touching the opponent and without sliding..he has a very good timing, waiting the opponent move and putting his foot on the ball at the right moment.. he is a very clean defender
Rex
Regular Poster

Postby Rex » 2017 Dec 19, 18:18

antony wrote:
Rex wrote:https://youtu.be/keZ5Z-dGI0E 03:08 i am quite sure that's a lunge, and the definition of lunge is

He usually steals the ball without touching the opponent and without sliding.he has a very good timing, waiting the opponent move and putting his foot on the ball at the right moment.. he is a very clean defender

That's exactly my point. There's a difference between sliding tackle and lunging tackle.
Relja's not dead
couldrom
New Contributor

Postby couldrom » 2017 Dec 29, 13:22

I agree about you all said of defence... he is a very solid tackler / dispossesser like very few on the league.
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2018 Mar 12, 15:32

this guy is a real gem. Obviously he did some mistakes during the season, forgetting the opponent in the box on crosses sometimes, but he has all the qualities to be a top CB. I continue to see his response / dispossessing ability outstanding, i'd give him 88 resp
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Mar 19, 14:21

Okay, hes proven his worth for long enough time so I've brought him to his real level. Though I feel hes probably something more like an 88 def? Hes just ridiculos at winning balls, also think he might be closer to 87 bb, thoughts?
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2018 Mar 19, 14:33

jurgens wrote:Okay, hes proven his worth for long enough time so I've brought him to his real level. Though I feel hes probably something more like an 88 def? Hes just ridiculos at winning balls, also think he might be closer to 87 bb, thoughts?

Also his header could go up imho, he is dangerous on the set pieces 4 goals and 4 posts hit
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Mar 19, 14:34

yeah, what sort of value?
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2018 Mar 19, 14:42

jurgens wrote:yeah, what sort of value?

Ranocchia is set on 84, I think Skriniar is on that level more or less.. But at same time Miranda is on 85 and he can't be set over Skriniar in header
Dino
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Dino » 2018 Jul 05, 16:11

I really don’t understand why his mentality and TW are so low?
Moysís
Regular Poster

Postby Moysís » 2018 Oct 26, 08:40

Spoiler: show
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Nov 10, 15:24

I was asked by vinnie to say a little about skriniar.

First of all, the main thing I want to avoid with inter, is another Rannochia situation. Rannochia showed a lot of potentials, and I mean, ALOT, at a time he was even dubbed the next nesta. He was a beautiful ball winner, brilliant at gracefully plucking the ball away from opponents, inspite of his lumbering frame. His problem was, and is, his lack of coordination in working with his team-mates.
There was a 6 month period or so when Rannochia was in absolute god mode, I think it was with mazzari in a back 3? Anyway, it was a display of top tier defending, game after game.
He was already on high def, but I felt he warranted a 90 and I went ahead and updated him. During this period, his "mistakes" were still really blatant, they just weren't being punished, it wasn't really him that changed, but more so the team he was in, they were better collectively, so his mistakes were being covered for. But in the following months after the update, or maybe years, his mistakes got punished more and more, and he was looked at as a joke of a defender.

This situation in itself is something that's really made me look at defending as a whole with that much more focus and scrutiny. Rannochia is certainly not without his faults, but his ball winning ability is truly of a very high level, and he can really assert himself on a game and take control of the opposition. But he was playing in a disaster of a time for inter, he established himself as a meme, any mistake he made, the team won't cover for, and any good work he does will be undone. Rannochia has actually become one of the most hated players in inters fanbase in recent history. I think it's a really unfortunate situation, and playing in a more solid team, his strengths would be highlighted and his mistakes minimized. He had some great performances last season when he got the chance, he typically always does, he just tends to have errors that make his good work quickly forgotten. Right now, this inter is actually pretty good defensively, one of the strongest defences in the world atm, so he has no place in the starting line up, behind miranda/skriniar/de vrij. Though I'd say, in this team that's much better collectively than hes used to, he'd do an excellent job.

So, ever since then, I've been extremely reluctant to give inter players high defensive stats. The same process has repeated over and over, you can even see me say the same thing in Murillos thread, where I predict his downfall :lol:
So I've been very cautious with his stats, giving him honestly, measly values for his displays, and saying it will do, because we don't need to go higher. But as more time passes, it becomes blatantly obvious that this guy is not some run of the mill defender whos having a good run, he's really something special.

Vinnie said in discord that his perception of him was more of an old-school wall type defender (i think?) Which, I'd say he is, but he's also a very aggressive modern style defender, and a ballplayer on top. He's basically the complete, modern defender. He's very solid at just holding the line and waiting for his moment, and then stopping players dead in their tracks, but he's just as adept at going out early and shutting players down, I'd say that's one of his strong points. Skriniar is an excellent, excellent ball winner, very clean and relentless in getting the job done, accurate at jutting his leg out to get the ball, with both feet, and at any angle. He's a real presence physically too, so if he's going up against someone, he tends to physically dominate them, ontop of being able to pluck the ball away from their feet. He's not the most agile defender, kinda awkward at times, but somehow he manages to still have a lot of speed and a general deftness to his movements.

He has his moments of acting without regards for his teammates, it hasn't been frequent enough to be a problem, he seems to mostly have a good awareness of when he'll have cover to do it, and in general, this inter team is quite good defensively. He's a very gung-ho type of defender, seems to have a strong mentality, so far at least, can't say too much about that, it's just another thing that seems to add up to his dominance. That's the one thing I'd really say about Skriniar, he's just dominant. He takes control and just shuts down everyone he comes up against.

Oh, and regarding his technical side. Hes a decent enough dribbler for a CB, nothing special right now, control is quite average, but he has the sharpness of mind to know how to retain it and use his physicality to his advantage, he is known to go on runs from deep on a rare occasion, nothing huge, but noteworthy all the same, and a nice addition to his game. Regarding his passing, he usually plays it safe, not looking to spray into the mid everytime he has it, but he's really accurate at picking out long grounded passes, and difficult passes to keep plays going as need be. Over the past season and a half I have seen him pick out some really great passes, and he can really rifle them too. I'd class him as a ball playing CB due to his capability, but hes not very consistent with it taking advantage of it, but I'd say, that has a lot to do with brozovic, as brozovic is always there for skriniar, picking the ball up and taking care of creation himself.

As I said, I'm really hesitant with giving players high def, but I'm pretty damn positive on Skriniar warranting it. I'd actually say, hes the cloest thing I can see to a red def defender, and I havn't been as impressed with anyone since prime Kompany. Atm, I'd say VVD is a better all-round defender, hes just a monster physically, but Skriniar is something special in his dispossessing ability and I'd say it's quite a bit above VVD's. Maybe he'll follow a similar pattern to Rannochia, hopefully not. Hes an extremely talented and dominant defender, and the age of 23 hes already fighting to be called the worlds best CB.
dakar95
Regular Poster

Postby dakar95 » 2018 Nov 11, 18:26

Off topic: I just realized that his name is Milan, like the classical adversary.
Elivelton
New Stat Maker

Postby Elivelton » 2019 Jan 07, 19:53

I don`t remember if i posted this here, but to highlight skriniar skill at tackling the best way to represent that with numbers available in PSD its to give him the 95 Ball Winning as i said in discord, the interesting thing is that this will make him 10 points higher than Koulibaly which Jurgens said to be 10 points lower than skriniar, in the same way this may open the way to rate others players BW properly based on their tackling skill.
Edit: maybe lower his Def Prowess a little bit too.
duck23
New Stat Maker

Postby duck23 » 2019 Feb 07, 04:54

As I was editing and using all sets from PSD I noticed that the values of DP and BW are really low in comparison to old gen Defense status and Konami sets (as shitty as they are most of the times, but in Skriniar case they were on point at those, so maybe we can just "unshit" some sets as well from them), so i'm glad that this came up so we can have a major rework on those stats the same way physical contact/body control have been done.

Off-topic.: (We may need to have a special look on the goalkeeping stats as well and what each one of them do ingame because some sets also seem outdated and most GK's are rated kind of low in general)
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Feb 07, 08:36

The lack of concentration(not being able to mark at crosses) is shown by DEF PROWESS and 90 is way too much for him atm. He should be rated at 86-87 range
CHarper
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby CHarper » 2019 Feb 07, 14:32

Suji wrote:The lack of concentration(not being able to mark at crosses) is shown by DEF PROWESS and 90 is way too much for him atm. He should be rated at 86-87 range

in my opinion he is pure strength physical and response , I dont give him a very high value in defense, he is good, without a doubt, but not to be at the level of 91.with Juventus is the team with the least goals against, that speaks of the good collective functioning in defense, another highlight in favor is the TW shown
"No soy el mejor del mundo, pero creo que no hay nadie mejor que yo"
Jose Mourinho
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2019 Feb 07, 14:43

Suji wrote:The lack of concentration(not being able to mark at crosses) is shown by DEF PROWESS and 90 is way too much for him atm. He should be rated at 86-87 range

Isn't really related to that message but i think that Defense and Response have to swapped, something like 88 DEF and 93 RESP. For example, In terms of pure positioning and defensive "sense" i think De Vrij is a little bit better than Skriniar, the latter is all response and physical strenght as Charper said in his post. Sometimes he is also too much rude in situations in which you don't need to be. De Vrij is cleaner in his game

Resuming i think:
De Vrij over Skriniar in DEF; Skriniar much better than De Vrij in Response; De Vrij better in Teamwork ability, Skriniar has better MENT

De Vrij DEF 89? Skriniar DEF 88?
De Vrij RESP 85/86? Skriniar RESP 93/94?
De Vrij TW > Skriniar TW (80 vs 77?)
Mentality values i think are already fine
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2019 Feb 07, 14:48

Elivelton wrote:I don`t remember if i posted this here, but to highlight skriniar skill at tackling the best way to represent that with numbers available in PSD its to give him the 95 Ball Winning as i said in discord, the interesting thing is that this will make him 10 points higher than Koulibaly which Jurgens said to be 10 points lower than skriniar, in the same way this may open the way to rate others players BW properly based on their tackling skill.
Edit: maybe lower his Def Prowess a little bit too.

ffs no, Koulibaly isn't 10 point lower than Skriniar.. Koulibaly is another monster at ball winning, he have had only bad game this year against Milan but for the rest of season showed great improving in all aspects, he is ready to be a CB in whatever European Giant

Return to “FC Internazionale Milano”