PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Roberto Gagliardini

Postby PES Stats Database » 2016 Nov 09, 15:45

Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Roberto Gagliardini

Postby Epsi » 2017 Jan 03, 19:46

very close to Inter. The set underrates him a bit, but I feel he still needs to improve a lot before making the "big jump". He might become a new Marchisio... but nowadays paying 30M for him is pure madness
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Jan 03, 21:01

yes, it could be another useless signing as too often happens with Inter. He is a project of complete midfielder but as i said, only a project.. he has decent technical skills and seems good also in the passive phase, at the same time he tries to run into the defense looking for the goal.. in the game against Empoli he failed 3/4 easy chances
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Jan 05, 01:12

What inter really need is a calming presence in the midfield, someone who can shore the mid and distrubute decently and keep possesion flowing. What they really needed in 2012 was a midfield player who could pass, what they got was Kovacic and in that season, his ability went far beyond what they needed in that area, someone who could not only link to play to anywhere but drive the ball forward from deep, his time at inter was sulleyed after that by shitty coaches trying to change him into something he wasn't, but for that one season he was such a great buy.

The urgency of this buy and it coming so quickly, and the desperate need for inter to get a capable player to hold the mid makes the move seem very similar to kovacics transfer. Because of those reasons, it makes me quite hopeful on the move. Inter is a team that takes a lot of gambles with players, that often don't work out in reality, but thats the nature of football and shitty clueless coaches play a large part in that, and while a lot of them may have turned out poorly most of the moves we're quite high in potential pay offs. I see this move as similar, but rather than an out right gamble, I see it as calculated move with very high potential pay off, I sincerely doubt they are just throwing out money and hoping for the best, I believe they see him as key player that their squad needs and are shelling out that much cash to secure him now while they can.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2017 Jan 12, 14:06

Brozovic-Gagliardini is a promising duo
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Jan 14, 23:15

promising debut tonight.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Jan 16, 21:21

I was expecting him with inters attacking talent to play a more subdued role, but he basically played like a defensive minded box to box. No mistakes really, good passing, retention, great movement for build and appeared all over the pitch, his defensive awarness and movement allowed kondogbia the freedom hes been lacking.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2017 Jan 18, 18:03

Such a complete midfielder, two great matches until now.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Jan 22, 00:41

His movement and defensive awarness is very good. He falls back when kondog hounds, hes constantly looking behind him and around him, looking for possible runs and tracking them, hes also telling people where to go, i watched him instuct i think dambrossio? into a a space then he went off and took up another, hes actually organizing defense and making people work with him. Inters attack has being completly 1 sided, thats on the left hand side with perisic and ansaldi... the right hand side sees very little time in comparison, thats largely because no one was moving well on the right hand side in the mid. With Gagliardini this will change, hes moving all along the right side of the midfield, helping build up offense. Hes a very impressive player.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Jan 31, 19:30

jurgens wrote:What inter really need is a calming presence in the midfield, someone who can shore the mid and distrubute decently and keep possesion flowing. What they really needed in 2012 was a midfield player who could pass, what they got was Kovacic and in that season, his ability went far beyond what they needed in that area, someone who could not only link to play to anywhere but drive the ball forward from deep, his time at inter was sulleyed after that by shitty coaches trying to change him into something he wasn't, but for that one season he was such a great buy.

The urgency of this buy and it coming so quickly, and the desperate need for inter to get a capable player to hold the mid makes the move seem very similar to kovacics transfer. Because of those reasons, it makes me quite hopeful on the move.

So far at least, this actually seems to be the case. Very similar situation to Kovacic where they just needed a player who could link the play, and got much, much more. They just needed a player who could distribute decently and bring a defensive secruity to the mid. Gagliardini brings that, and so much more on top. Hes never dispossed really, even when surrounded by pressure, hes smart and completly calm under pressure, hes not an amaizng dribbler or anything, hes just smart and never gives the ball away. His movement is very, very good, he adds so much to the circulation of possesion and has the same calmness with his passing, just makes the simple passes and rarely gives away possession. Ontop of that hes actually got a really good eye for through balls and dangerous passes, he doesn't use it much, but it's defintly there and in the future we could be seeing more and more of this. He has the skill and poise to play as box to box, and the workrate and defensive know how to play as a destroyer, hes basically playing as a hybrid between the two. His defending is far, far better than I expected it would be, his work rate is amazing, but his ball winning skills are top-notch too as well as his awareness. Hes just an all round very complete player, and his pricetag of 21m is looking like an absolute steal.
Breeze
New Contributor

Postby Breeze » 2017 Feb 15, 11:02

One thing ive noticed with Gagliardini is his aerial ability. Winning almost all duels in the air. So he should definitely get a raise there
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Feb 15, 14:48

Breeze wrote:One thing ive noticed with Gagliardini is his aerial ability. Winning almost all duels in the air. So he should definitely get a raise there

yes and he is really really unlucky.. his timing to go in opponent box for goal is really good but seems simply can't score, finding great keepers savings or shoting out but close to the post. But i think that working, he can also became a CM with 6/7 goals in his feet
Breeze
New Contributor

Postby Breeze » 2017 Mar 15, 12:13

Not so unlucky anymore ;). Been scoring in the last 2 games. And is still dominating in midfield. Been doing so in atalanta and in Inter since day 1. He surely needs an update
Breeze
New Contributor

Postby Breeze » 2017 Oct 28, 20:24

Still no raise in heading? 70 and 72 is way to low
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Nov 19, 21:49

He is really mediocre, now i'm almost 100% convinced of that.. always missing simple passes and positionally doesn't look that good
He played much better last year with Kondogbia
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2017 Nov 21, 09:54

antony wrote:He is really mediocre, now i'm almost 100% convinced of that.. always missing simple passes and positionally doesn't look that good

I wouldn't say mediocre, he's a tidy midfielder that doesn't excel in anything.
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2018 Jan 06, 13:38

Epsi wrote:
antony wrote:He is really mediocre, now i'm almost 100% convinced of that.. always missing simple passes and positionally doesn't look that good

I wouldn't say mediocre, he's a tidy midfielder that doesn't excel in anything.

another shameful performance, officially another wrong signing by us.. a taller Medel and i don't think is a role problem
LaitP
PSD Youth League

Postby LaitP » 2019 Dec 17, 11:49

He was updated back in July but the update was lost when the website was down.
Attack to 72, Defence to 71, Header to 76, Shot Accuracy to 79, Teamwork to 83 and Form to 4.

Return to “FC Internazionale Milano”