Oscar, SIPG

Moderators: Helios, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Oscar, SIPG

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 May 08, 21:41

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 04, 00:40, edited 7 times in total.
Jez

Re: Oscar

Postby Jez » 2014 Oct 25, 05:30

I think it's a shame that traditional wingers are scoffed at a bit nowadays and aren't seen as particularly fashionable, because I actually think he'd be far more effective playing on the right-hand side more regularly. His crossing is the only part of his game that's ever consistently impressed me to be honest, like he's genuinely dangerous at it, and the fact that he's pretty hard-working is a major plus too. The current over-obsession with 'Number 10's', 'False 9's' and 'Inverted wingers' means that anyone who's got good technical ability and balance is seemingly squeezed into relatively narrow formations leaving the fullbacks as the only ones providing the width. Call me balmy but I honestly believe you'd get the best out of him there. Maybe I need to watch him more but it's the impression I get.
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2014 Oct 25, 08:51

Id say you haven't watched him enough, especially for Brazil, he is so much more the your "traditional winger"
furymaker

Postby furymaker » 2014 Oct 25, 11:35

he's not a winger , and will never be one , especially not traditional winger , his work rate, both offensively and defensively is insanely high , his vision and technical abilities would be put to waste at winger position as he's not as good dribbler to get past defenders whenever he wants , I'd say his dribbling abilities are like Xavi's , when opponents go at him and he's under pressure , he always finds the way to squeeze his way out , but no way in hell i'd put him on a wing position and expect him to beat defenders just to get a cross off . I'd prefer to watch him as a free roaming playmaker , drifting wide left sometimes but still dominating possession .
Jez

Postby Jez » 2014 Oct 25, 14:58

BigStu wrote:Id say you haven't watched him enough

Probably not!

BigStu wrote:...especially for Brazil, he is so much more the your "traditional winger"

I know he's much more than a traditional winger, my point is why can't he be a traditional winger, but with much more? (if you see what I mean :lol: ) I dunno. I just get so bored of seeing teams squeeze three or four playmakers behind a striker I guess.

furymaker wrote:he's not as good dribbler to get past defenders whenever he wants

I can name a lot of wingers who weren't the best at dribbling!

furymaker wrote:just to get a cross off

That kind of sums it up for me. Everyone sticks their noses up at crossing as though a good cross can't be as effective as a good through-ball.

I just feel that Oscar has something different to the rest of the number 10's in that he can really whip a good ball in. In fact, going back to Stu's point it was when watching Brazil that I really picked up on it!

furymaker wrote:I'd prefer to watch him as a free roaming playmaker , drifting wide left sometimes but still dominating possession .

Each to their own. I'd just prefer to see a team with a bit more variation. By all means have your number 10's, but why not mix it up a bit? I always preferred watching Spain when Navas came on for one of their playmakers.

Anyway, was just an observation and a thought. Couldn't care less what Chelsea do tactically to be honest :lol:
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
stavrello7

Postby stavrello7 » 2014 Nov 03, 10:49

I am suprised that he don't rated with high yellow for Ball Control.
Shot Technique could be also higher.
www.facebook.com/betweenfourlines
www.facebook.com/GRPatchPGPES6
2headedEagle

Postby 2headedEagle » 2014 Nov 04, 10:50

May I know why is SA was lowered ?
In this time he needed a higher SA , and you downgraded him , His shots are accurate enough for 84-85 value .
From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2014 Nov 04, 11:04

he has never been worthy of a yellow SA, never should have had him on it, would question hazard being on it as well
2headedEagle

Postby 2headedEagle » 2014 Nov 04, 22:21

From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
Tinmar

Postby Tinmar » 2015 Apr 05, 21:38

stavrello7 wrote:I am suprised that he don't rated with high yellow for Ball Control.
Shot Technique could be also higher.

No way. Ball control and Passing are his weak spots (for someone who wants to be AMF). That's why he, despite his good DA, can't offer much to this Chelsea. And that's why even Willian is more useful in AMF spot.
"It's probably the greatest name in the world: Chelsea. You think about it. It conjures up the best part of the biggest city in the world. Chelsea. It's magical." - Jimmy Greaves

chelseacroatia.com
Tinmar

Postby Tinmar » 2015 Sep 18, 08:00

His FKs needs update, he is better than this I think. Not sure if Place Kicking or Swerve.
"It's probably the greatest name in the world: Chelsea. You think about it. It conjures up the best part of the biggest city in the world. Chelsea. It's magical." - Jimmy Greaves

chelseacroatia.com
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2015 Dec 19, 23:19

Brilliant today, sums up just how much Jose's tactics ruined him, unless hazard comes into the team in the next couple of games and impressives I'm not sure I selling oscar to psg or juve is better then letting hazard go to Madrid
Tinmar

Postby Tinmar » 2016 Jan 05, 11:43

His form should be 2-3, with no exaggerating. Believe me. One good game out of six where he shows this stats.

chelseacroatia.com
kuer86

Postby kuer86 » 2016 Aug 16, 10:07

he showed some nice lpa yesterday. seems he like his new role
Ramindbroken

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Aug 16, 13:19

I never understood why his MENT was so high. Always look like a very cold player (if you know what I mean), not like Ozil, of course, but beside the fact he runs a lot he doesn't show great MENT, at least that's the impression he gave me since he joined Chelsea. I wouldn't even give him more than mid greens.

Also he never look this fast to me. He's agile and has great dribbling but he isn't actually fast in long distances, I don't see him above Mahrez here, his TS could be at 80 max, his speed with the ball is good but without it he never beats defenders or eats a lot or ground.
toaad

Postby toaad » 2016 Aug 16, 17:19

Ramindbroken wrote:I never understood why his MENT was so high. Always look like a very cold player (if you know what I mean), not like Ozil, of course, but beside the fact he runs a lot he doesn't show great MENT, at least that's the impression he gave me since he joined Chelsea. I wouldn't even give him more than mid greens.

Also he never look this fast to me. He's agile and has great dribbling but he isn't actually fast in long distances, I don't see him above Mahrez here, his TS could be at 80 max, his speed with the ball is good but without it he never beats defenders or eats a lot or ground.

It is exactly what I thought those days when I saw this set, he always seemed neutral in adverse time. This can be both positive and negative but an 82 makes it seem like he has enough effort and claw those moments and in fact is not so. Think 77 is perfect.
Relja

Postby Relja » 2016 Dec 15, 06:09

How everything changed for him, he actually started this season with a better position than Fabregas and played as a playmaker with Matić and Kante behind him, now he's reportedly very close to completing a deal with a Chinese team. What a waste of talent, very inconsistent player, has lot of qualities, even the workrate is on good level, but he wasn't able to step up and become a consistent and class player. He's 25, and if he really moves to China, that will be the clear end of his serious and relevant career.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2016 Dec 15, 10:31

Not sure the deal is going to happen yet, Oscars stated he's rather stay and fight for his place, and we don't need the money, he may well go in the summer. Is a shame, he not taken his talent to the next level, and agree going to china at this stage would be a disaster, I suspect if he stays a deal will be made with a team in italy/spain with him being part of deal for one of Conte's targets.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2016 Dec 23, 09:40

Called that one wrong, deal is done, best of luck to him, https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-n ... epart.html
Ocrin

Re: Oscar, SIPG

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Nov 30, 03:54

Much like Hulk, he really kept a high level in China. Technically, the team is focused around him and Hulk and he's a bit more of a technical leader than he was a Chelsea; at least I recall he wasn't back in the day. More of a playmaker, less of an engine. He doesn't really show the 87 STA anymore but I suppose the ability is still there.

I don't think he's that fast nowadays, speed stats as a whole could get a slight nerf. TS could be 79, DS could be lower too. I like the idea of keeping somewhat high to replicate his ability to take on defenders, but clearly he isn't the ball carrier 85 DS implies nowadays. I don't see that heading and jumping in his game either. He's evolved into a less speed-based player while keeping his core qualities. He could use Hole player as a playstyle, that's what I have in my OF.

Regarding physical stats, body control could be slightly lower, and physical contact slightly higher, but the current values seem fine. Thanks, whatever formula did this.

Also, he plays mostly almost exclusively centrally. He's a free roaming CMF/AMF hybrid. I'm not exactly sure about the removal of positions but SM seems like it isn't needed anymore.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
BigStu

Re: Oscar, SIPG

Postby BigStu » 2018 Dec 02, 23:36

Good to hear he’s doing ok, I do miss him, as good as as kovacic and barkely have done I think if he was still around he would be the one in that position

Return to “East Asia”