Wu Lei

Moderators: furymaker, Fixer, Eternal Night, Kronosh, Korinov, brazilianpesfan, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Wu Lei

Postby PES Stats Database » 2019 Jan 11, 20:52

Nationality: Chinese _chn

Note: Wu Lei is in fact Chinese, but since that country is not available yet in our editor, he's gonna appear as english until it's fixed.

Ocrin

Re: Wu Lei, SIPG

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Jan 11, 20:54

Some notes about the ideas behind the set:
viewtopic.php?f=1011&t=40038
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
duck23

Postby duck23 » 2019 Jan 11, 23:08

Oh that's nice that the attention with the minor league players are getting bigger, good job on the set Ocrin!
I think it's great that a chinese player is that good, haven't got the time to analyse data on him and I don't wanna underrate him nor anything, but would him be that good in another league?

And is that even an argument to rate sets? I'm only saying that cuz it kind of opens a wide field of possibilities for set creations on minor league players and stuff like that, and the way we see stats for those players or young talents or the general view of it all.
Was I clear? Lol. I wanted to say that I like the set and the possibilities that come with the attention to those things as stated on the Bolt set and all the missing players that all you guys are working on lately so keep it up o/
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Jan 11, 23:19

Not sure if he would be that good in another league, but he's the only player that's as good - or arguabaly better - than all the foreign stars that went to China. He's been improving a lot as well, looks like a really competitive player who could still be even better.

Apart from a few standout values, his set has a lot of weaknesses though, it depicts him as the extremely one dimensional player he is, can't pass or finish consistently, not so good of a dribbler, etc.

Potential performance in a better league shouldn't really be taken into account when rating players. Rating players should be plain, simple: if a player does something good enough to deserve a good value, he gets a good value. Environmental factors have little weight, but in some specific cases they can be considered.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
AdAc

Postby AdAc » 2019 Jan 11, 23:24

Is his nationality right?
duck23

Postby duck23 » 2019 Jan 11, 23:33

I actually agree with that way of seeing sets a lot, I just feel that sometimes some players are underrated for being young or for being from minor leagues and non traditional countries, and I really love to discover talents like that and use them on the master league and stuff like that. Anyway, what I'm saying is maybe to see sets as a more flexible thing to not be afraid in making strong young players or minor league players cuz we can always tune it up or down if the player change for the good or bad. So players like Wu Lei comes up and exemplifying all the rest that I said the changes on young and actual Maher and other players like that. (Omfg I talk so much, sry bout that xD)
pcrooce

Postby pcrooce » 2019 Jan 12, 05:46

his great goal today against Philippines

https://gyazo.com/8f0a2f479e012fffbfd0da840fcc4a0c
Fixer

Re: Wu Lei

Postby Fixer » 2019 Jan 28, 12:14

Spoiler: show
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Jan 28, 14:08

I'm excited as fuck to see how this guy is going to do in Europe. Risky but potentially great signing.
Twix

Postby Twix » 2019 Jan 28, 17:24

There are several suggestions for the player:

Shirt Name: WU L.
Spoiler: show

Nationality: Chinese _chn

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
1-Touch Pass
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2019 Jan 28, 19:33

Chinese nationality is not an option in PSD editor, when it was programmed.

Ocrin just take twix's "Nationality: Chinese _chn" and place it under the picture in first post, so it appears above "Club:", maybe people will be satisfied.
pcrooce

Postby pcrooce » 2019 Mar 02, 17:54

first chinese player to score on La Liga

https://streamja.com/lZWz
Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2019 Mar 03, 13:09

He's actually a very very good player from what I've seen of him playing for China and in China.
Fixer

Postby Fixer » 2019 Mar 05, 16:05

Yep, been watching some highlights and there are some really interesting moves from him. He is surely a smart player, not amazing technically but gets the job done, also extremely attack minded. A threat overall, really interesting player even as a wing forward.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Eternal Night

Postby Eternal Night » 2019 Apr 21, 12:55

I think that Wu Lei isn't showing the level of the current set.
He is one of the first Chinese players to play in La Liga causing great excitement, especially in his native country. In addition, the owner of Espanyol is a Chinese citizen, so the "blue and white" team is one of the most followed in China right now.

Wu Lei is showing that he's a good player, but not as good as the set shows us. He was very comfortable playing in a league with a much slower and less physical pace of play, so his arrival to shot positions was easier for him. But Europe is different ...

He is demonstrating an incredible attitude in all the matches, he runs without rest, he makes many good moves, he is quite fast, but he's a bit hesitant in the final meters, missing many chances of goal. Probably he has to adapt to a more competitive league.

I see Attack a bit high at moment. Maybe medium greens could be great.

However SA is in the right direction, but I have no problem with 73-74 taking into account his too many failures shooting at goal.

His Response seems very, very exaggerated... Probably the defenders of the Chinese league are slower to react than a turtle with rheumatism, but that does not mean that he needs that much exorbitant value.

That Header Accuracy...
He has better value than players like Gareth Bale, Gerard Moreno, Iñigo Martínez, Juanpe, Coke... In short, something totally illogical.

Now I'm watching a millions games of Espanyol and I'm a bit confused watching the set and comparing it with their performances. I've been watching videos of this player and I still have not managed to see the relationship between current values and their performance.

At this point, I don't know if it's convenient to create players who have never been seen in whole matches. I would rather wait to see them in action for a certain period of time to make a set as realistic as possible.

I'm working with RCD Espanyol players but I prefer not to touch any value of this set, since it could be worked very hard.
The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Apr 21, 15:33

It was predictable that he would struggle in Europe, the level is vastly different and superior than anything he's ever known before. I think this set was accurate for his CSL best times, you just have to watch any vs vids and compilations to see that the strength that are highlighted in this set were his back in China. He was the best poacher in the league by a mile, and would constantly dominate taller defenders in the air. A lot, lot of his goals were headers.

I'd argue it's a bit too soon to change anything but I haven't got the chance to catch LaLiga footage from him, so I can't really elaborate on the changes the set need or does not need. Feel free to tinker around with it.

Return to “RCD Espanyol”