Usain Bolt

Moderators: Helios, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Usain Bolt

Postby PES Stats Database » 2019 Jan 07, 18:12

Last edited by iMechanize on 2019 Jan 08, 14:12, edited 4 times in total.
Viyut

Re: Usain Bolt, Central Coast Mariners

Postby Viyut » 2019 Jan 07, 22:03

hmm...

Leaving aside every other stat in the set for now, is Bolt really and truly a 99/99 Speed player? Is he actually faster than the 99 scale allows or slower? A set for a player like Bolt is in a way extremely difficult to rate because of bias. Ideally you'd try to forget everything about him as a sprinter and start from scratch, rating him like you'd do for any other unknown player. We need some other views on him here.
The goalkeeper isn't another one, he is THE number one!
iMechanize

Postby iMechanize » 2019 Jan 07, 22:52

99/99 speed is fair to him, as we know he comes from an sports category where speed is essential, we wouldn't call him ''abnormal'' if he was just faster than any footballer we've ever seen, more than this It's one of the fastest man in the world.

The speed is not arguable, but the other segments maybe...
Viyut

Postby Viyut » 2019 Jan 07, 23:23

iMechanize wrote:99/99 speed is fair to him, as we know he comes from an sports category where speed is essential, we wouldn't call him ''abnormal'' if he was just faster than any footballer we've ever seen, more than this It's one of the fastest man in the world.

This is what i mean by bias. You're not even evaluating the speed he presents during the matches, just assuming he's 99/99 from the start. What is he actually doing on the football pitch? That's the only thing that matters, not what he did in the past as a sprinter, but the pace he shows during a football match and how consistently he does it. Is he fast on the ball? Is he able to change directions quickly or just run on a straight line? Those are some questions you need to be asking yourself while watching him play, and then compare him to the other high pace players around (Mbappe, Adama Traore, Aubameyang, Classic Obafemi Martins, Eto'o, etc) to have a better idea of what Bolt's actually like as a footballer. Surprised this set got approved.
The goalkeeper isn't another one, he is THE number one!
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2019 Jan 08, 01:32

Didn't he leave CCM, where he was used as a striker? He is extremely fast and fairly strong and he can break the line from time to time but his IQ and technical abilities are far from the pro level.
Having him on the database would be an interesting but let's make him look realistic.
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2019 Jan 08, 02:19

I would say his Technique needs to go down a lot, his first touch is really crappy for what i've seen so far also I saw him to be very unagile
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2019 Jan 08, 03:43

The Acceleration I agree should be lower, mainly due to the way he learned to start sprints was at that lowered crouch stance, with those angled platforms to push his feet off and the use of his upper body/arms to launch off the ground, it is completely different than what footballers do in body mechanics. Unless of course he is showing Messi-like bursts in the Australian League just from standing still.

The fastest in the world, yeah his TS was probably more than 99 when he was in training as a sprinter and competitive for that. Now, since he retired in 2017, it could be lower than 99 - I don't know I have not watched him play - but keeping an attribute at a high level even for a genetically gifted guy like him takes constant maintenance. If he is training as a footballer now, I imagine they would be working on his ball control and tactical things which would be non-existant, not that they would tell him to focus on just keeping his speed and be unable to coordinate with a team move and unable to control the ball.

Really and his speed might take a hit simply since he is running with cleats on a grassy surface, not a smooth track surface.

Agility 87? Does he show that?

The Attack/Def, DA, TECH, passing are poor compared to say a professional from EPL even Russian League, but these are all still professionals. In MLS even with out the speed, this set would be on the poor end of players playing in that league and actually looks like a solid USL player (lower league still professional), I imagine some League One players in England might have technical stats like that. I'm not saying its not possible he is that "good", just that there are professionals who have worked years for a living and they sit at that level - Usain Bolt just might be gifted in multiple areas and actually practised footballing skills whilst he was a sprinter and played matches on the side and is actually at that level.

How many competitive matches has he played for his club? I can't find any stats on trasfermarkt or football lineups.
iMechanize

Postby iMechanize » 2019 Jan 08, 12:39

Okay, I've made some updates on agility

I decreased to 77 (Now, it seems fair to him)

I agree with some of you I think we need to see him in action more often
Houy

Postby Houy » 2019 Jan 08, 20:44

91 DS on a red or even orange TS is a great talent and incredibly rare, probably unheard of for white DA players. This is just speculation and i won't bother to watch Bolt but i wouldn't be surprised if white DS would be more accurate even if he is somewhat decent when moving with the ball, considering his speed.
Vickingo

Postby Vickingo » 2019 Jan 12, 03:44

Spoiler: show

Just look at the opponents and how painfully bad he looks. He doesn't even have average body movement from a guy who has been amateur all his life. It seems those guys who starts playing football at 25 years old and haven't the average motor to be somewhat coordinated. He looks like a bad player even for a mid table local league from some obscure football country. I can't believe someone had the idea to test him at Borussia.

You'll say "he scored 2 goals in that match", c'on. Anyone who watch some football for sometime would say he's not made to play this sport.

Look at this shit lol :lol:

I'd take down like 10 points his agility and all his technical and passing ability and probably raise his BB. Keep his TS at 99 obviously and decrease his ACC like 10 points too. Take down his SA, SP, ST and obviously stamina, he doesn't even try to run.

Smth like this:
Attack: 50
Defence: 20
Balance: 89
Stamina: 50
Top Speed: 99
Acceleration: 78
Response: 61
Agility: 54
Dribble Accuracy: 49
Dribble Speed: 66
Short Pass Accuracy: 49
Short Pass Speed: 48
Long Pass Accuracy: 46
Long Pass Speed: 46
Shot Accuracy: 55
Shot Power: 70
Shot Technique: 57
Free Kick Accuracy: 44
Curling: 47
Header: 61
Jump: 82
Technique: 48
Aggression: 77
Mentality: 57
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 52
Whoah10115

Re: Usain Bolt

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Apr 13, 01:52

It's funny to see his stats lol. Didn't PES give him 99 agility? Lol.

I think, given he's an anomaly and an aberration, just give him 99/99 and lower tech to 40s haha.
lucashag

Re: Usain Bolt

Postby lucashag » 2019 Apr 14, 03:48

didn't he retired or something?

Return to “East Asia”