PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Lorenzo Ebecilio

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Feb 18, 13:55

petreleo
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Lorenzo Ebecilio

Postby petreleo » 2017 Jan 26, 15:15

SpartakRW wrote:Main position - AMF, others - CMF|LMF|LWF.

http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_i ... ic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia for the next 2.5 years. He is #6.

His positions definitely need update, as SpartakRW also said above. For Anzhi Makhachkala in the last couple of years he has been playing mainly as a deep-lying Playmaker, mostly as a CMF, and maybe even as a DMF somethimes. Therefore, the CMF and/or the DMF positions maybe can be added as Secondary-Positions.

Any other opinions about his Set?
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Aug 10, 13:30

petreleo wrote:
SpartakRW wrote:Main position - AMF, others - CMF|LMF|LWF.

http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_i ... ic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia for the next 2.5 years. He is #6.

His positions definitely need update, as SpartakRW also said above. For Anzhi Makhachkala in the last couple of years he has been playing mainly as a deep-lying Playmaker, mostly as a CMF, and maybe even as a DMF somethimes. Therefore, the CMF and/or the DMF positions maybe can be added as Secondary-Positions.

Any other opinions about his Set?

Opinions about him until today?
Well, he had struggled with fitness for a couple of months since joining APOEL last January. His debut was delayed, and his first couple of appearances were substitute appearances, with solid contribution, mainly as an AMF.
Then his next couple of appearances were made in the starting line-up Vs Anderlecht home and away in the Europa League's round of 16. However, he played at CMF/DMF in those matches due to injuries and suspensions, and even though still not being fully fit, he had some good moments on the ball, but not so much defensively.
He finished last Season as an option for APOEL's RMF position, once again due to injuries and suspensions. He actually made some good matches when playing there, mainly in APOEL's 1-4 away win over AEL Limassol in the last few League Play-Off's matches(and even Vs Omonoia before then), but also some mediocre ones, like for example the following match-day Vs AEK Larnaca 0-0 at home, when he was taken off at half-time due to an injury which ruled him out for the rest of the Season.
This Season under new coach Mario Been, surprisingly, he started the Season as APOEL's first-choice RMF, apparently because of his Set-Piece deliveries and his solid Defensive contribution for a Wide-Attacker. His performances in the first three matches as a starter there this Season hadn't been good enough to be able to maintain his position as a starter on the Right-Wing when Mario Been was sacked and replaced by Giorgos Donis for APOEL's fourth official match this Season, Vs Viitorul Constanța in the 2nd leg at home for CL's 3rd qualifying-round. He was benched for that match, and came on as a substitute early in the 2nd half as a AMF and did great to help APOEL qualify.
He just isn't quick and penetrative enough to be considered as a "strong" option for the Winger's position. Despite having some solid deliveries when cutting-inside from wide, he doesn't work the flank that well, and doesn't help his Full-Back overlap to exchange passes and make crosses. On top of that, he isn't a great Dribbler as well, and surely his "stocky" body structure doesn't help him much in changing direction to take the ball past opponents.
On the other hand, the AMF positions seems to "sit" well with him. He is far more confident centrally than out-Wide, and there are shorter distances that doesn't need much use of pace. He makes good use of his dangerous through-pass when playing there, helps-out in defence, and frequently joins Attackers in the box to provide extra thread up-front. Yesterday, he made another great performance centrally as a SS in a 3-5-2 formation Vs Apollon Limassol in the Supercup. He showed good technique with the ball at his feet, frequently starting counter-attacks for his team with his passing and movement to become available for passes.
I know that in the recent past he used to play mainly as a CMF/DMF, especially for Anzhi, but at APOEL he has played only two matches there, and I cannot judge him yet. With the number of Defensive-Midfielders APOEL have in their squad these days, it is difficult to imagine him getting more game-time there, but never say never...
Finally, one thing in which he didn't impress me, wherever he played is definitely his Finishing. I have seen that he had scored many great goals in the past, mainly with Ajax and Gabala, but here at APOEL he has missed a lot of golden chances in only half a year, like Vs Athletic Bilbao and AEK Larnaca last Season, and Vs Dudelange and Viitorul this Season.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 Aug 10, 15:34

He has absolutely brilliant first touch. What about 79 for BC?
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Aug 10, 22:06

Relja wrote:He has absolutely brilliant first touch. What about 79 for BC?

Yeah, his technique on the ball is really good, but you know what? It is really difficult to judge in terms of PES Stats a player of his mould, a stocky Attacking/Wide-Midfielder who can play also in Central-Midfielder.
Have you watched him in any games? and if yes, what games? any other opinions?
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Sep 17, 21:36

petreleo wrote:Opinions about him until today?
Well, he had struggled with fitness for a couple of months since joining APOEL last January. His debut was delayed, and his first couple of appearances were substitute appearances, with solid contribution, mainly as an AMF.
Then his next couple of appearances were made in the starting line-up Vs Anderlecht home and away in the Europa League's round of 16. However, he played at CMF/DMF in those matches due to injuries and suspensions, and even though still not being fully fit, he had some good moments on the ball, but not so much defensively.
He finished last Season as an option for APOEL's RMF position, once again due to injuries and suspensions. He actually made some good matches when playing there, mainly in APOEL's 1-4 away win over AEL Limassol in the last few League Play-Off's matches(and even Vs Omonoia before then), but also some mediocre ones, like for example the following match-day Vs AEK Larnaca 0-0 at home, when he was taken off at half-time due to an injury which ruled him out for the rest of the Season.
This Season under new coach Mario Been, surprisingly, he started the Season as APOEL's first-choice RMF, apparently because of his Set-Piece deliveries and his solid Defensive contribution for a Wide-Attacker. His performances in the first three matches as a starter there this Season hadn't been good enough to be able to maintain his position as a starter on the Right-Wing when Mario Been was sacked and replaced by Giorgos Donis for APOEL's fourth official match this Season, Vs Viitorul Constanța in the 2nd leg at home for CL's 3rd qualifying-round. He was benched for that match, and came on as a substitute early in the 2nd half as a AMF and did great to help APOEL qualify.
He just isn't quick and penetrative enough to be considered as a "strong" option for the Winger's position. Despite having some solid deliveries when cutting-inside from wide, he doesn't work the flank that well, and doesn't help his Full-Back overlap to exchange passes and make crosses. On top of that, he isn't a great Dribbler as well, and surely his "stocky" body structure doesn't help him much in changing direction to take the ball past opponents.
On the other hand, the AMF positions seems to "sit" well with him. He is far more confident centrally than out-Wide, and there are shorter distances that doesn't need much use of pace. He makes good use of his dangerous through-pass when playing there, helps-out in defence, and frequently joins Attackers in the box to provide extra thread up-front. Yesterday, he made another great performance centrally as a SS in a 3-5-2 formation Vs Apollon Limassol in the Supercup. He showed good technique with the ball at his feet, frequently starting counter-attacks for his team with his passing and movement to become available for passes.
I know that in the recent past he used to play mainly as a CMF/DMF, especially for Anzhi, but at APOEL he has played only two matches there, and I cannot judge him yet. With the number of Defensive-Midfielders APOEL have in their squad these days, it is difficult to imagine him getting more game-time there, but never say never...
Finally, one thing in which he didn't impress me, wherever he played is definitely his Finishing. I have seen that he had scored many great goals in the past, mainly with Ajax and Gabala, but here at APOEL he has missed a lot of golden chances in only half a year, like Vs Athletic Bilbao and AEK Larnaca last Season, and Vs Dudelange and Viitorul this Season.

He was top-class mid-week Vs Real Madrid in the Champions League.
Truly a different player since starting playing as an AMF after the APOEL's most recent change of manager, having struggled before for a period of time, as I have said before, out-wide as a RMF.
Not exactly the world-class fancy goal-scoring Play-Maker like De Vincenti was for APOEL before, but Ebecilio does great in pulling the strings in Midfield for APOEL, to the extent you can even say that he is indispensable for them at the moment.
One of his biggest assets is the fact that he can bring long-balls down to the ground with his technique and start organizing the game of his team. He usually uses silky touches and skill-moves to get away from markers, rather than pace or dribbling-runs. About his Passing, he is mainly a ground-passer, and especially his through-ball is very dangerous.
Another big advantage of his game is the fact that he is quite active in the game, roams everywhere around midfield and helps relatively frequently at defending for an AMF(especially after becoming more fit this Season). Some may even claim that he is not a "Number-10" by trade, but rather a "False-10" or a "Deep-lying Play-Maker", who is basically a technically-gifted "Number-8".

Suggested Changes:
Spoiler: show
REMOVE- WF as a Secondary-Position
Weight: 78 kg (-1)
Balance: 77 (-1)
Stamina: 78 (+2)
Top Speed: 78 (-1)
Acceleration: 78 (-2)
Response: 76 (+1)
Agility: 78 (-1)
Dribble Speed: 78 (-1)
Short Pass Accuracy: 76 (+2)
Short Pass Speed: 77 (+2)
Long Pass Accuracy: 75 (-1)
Long Pass Speed: 75 (-2)
Technique: 80 (+2)
Teamwork: 75 (+1)
Condition/Fitness: 4 (+1)
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Dec 05, 17:20

petreleo wrote:He was top-class mid-week Vs Real Madrid in the Champions League.
Truly a different player since starting playing as an AMF after the APOEL's most recent change of manager, having struggled before for a period of time, as I have said before, out-wide as a RMF.
Not exactly the world-class fancy goal-scoring Play-Maker like De Vincenti was for APOEL before, but Ebecilio does great in pulling the strings in Midfield for APOEL, to the extent you can even say that he is indispensable for them at the moment.
One of his biggest assets is the fact that he can bring long-balls down to the ground with his technique and start organizing the game of his team. He usually uses silky touches and skill-moves to get away from markers, rather than pace or dribbling-runs. About his Passing, he is mainly a ground-passer, and especially his through-ball is very dangerous.
Another big advantage of his game is the fact that he is quite active in the game, roams everywhere around midfield and helps relatively frequently at defending for an AMF(especially after becoming more fit this Season). Some may even claim that he is not a "Number-10" by trade, but rather a "False-10" or a "Deep-lying Play-Maker", who is basically a technically-gifted "Number-8".

Suggested Changes:

He is playing some wonderful stuff this Season at AMF/CMF, also scoring some great goals like Vs _cyp Ermis Aradippou(00:11) and Vs _cyp Olympiakos Nicosia(00:11), right at the start of those matches as well.
Recently, APOEL with both Ebecilio and new signing Zahid in the line-up showed that can play some great football, especially against teams of the Cypriot League, mainly smaller teams, with which they had some tough games at the start of the Season. For example, some exciting, unpredictable passing, like quick one-twos and a teammate goes through on-goal like in Sallai's goal at the weekend Vs _cyp Ermis(05:15 at the video above). They are playing mainly in a 3-4-3 formation, with one of them two playing as a CMF alongside a more defensive-minded partner, and the other plays either as RWF or LWF upfront, and they keep interchanging positions all-game-long.
Of course, Ebecilio had again a couple of injury problems this Season, I think a hamstring injury and a shoulder injury, but the way he plays, in the role which suits him best, makes him a much better player than last Season. I still agree on the changes for his Set that I have suggested above:

Suggested Changes:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 Jan 08, 13:37

petreleo wrote:He is playing some wonderful stuff this Season at AMF/CMF, also scoring some great goals like Vs _cyp Ermis Aradippou(00:11) and Vs _cyp Olympiakos Nicosia(00:11), right at the start of those matches as well.
Recently, APOEL with both Ebecilio and new signing Zahid in the line-up showed that can play some great football, especially against teams of the Cypriot League, mainly smaller teams, with which they had some tough games at the start of the Season. For example, some exciting, unpredictable passing, like quick one-twos and a teammate goes through on-goal like in Sallai's goal at the weekend Vs _cyp Ermis(05:15 at the video above). They are playing mainly in a 3-4-3 formation, with one of them two playing as a CMF alongside a more defensive-minded partner, and the other plays either as RWF or LWF upfront, and they keep interchanging positions all-game-long.
Of course, Ebecilio had again a couple of injury problems this Season, I think a hamstring injury and a shoulder injury, but the way he plays, in the role which suits him best, makes him a much better player than last Season. I still agree on the changes for his Set that I have suggested above:

I am so so impressed with his level this Season. His career until today was characterised by inconsistencies, yet he had been largely consistent this Season for APOEL, one of their 3 or 4 players with the best performance in every single match, and in much better shape than last Season. APOEL recently rejected a $1 million offer from a United Arab Emirates' club to loan him until the end of the Season.
He had been playing lately mainly as AMF or CMF, and to a much smaller extent as a Winger, in relation to his first few months at the club, and his performance improved dramatically. He is so confident though the middle, showing great ball retention, ability move with or without the ball in-between the lines finding space, and being able of playing some dangerous passes forward, and mainly through-balls. Similar stuff to another player of APOEL, Ghayas Zahid, who is also one of their best performers this Season.
While I still think Ebecilio's finishing from close-range should improve, he had been scoring worldie after worldie in recent matches, Vs Aris Limassol(04:44), and Vs Alki Oroklini(00:13), in addition to the two goals above.
Hostafler99
New Stat Maker

Postby Hostafler99 » 2018 Jul 24, 21:53

https://streamable.com/b6xny

Great goal, but something that impressed me tonight was his contribution in defence, he had a few great sprints back to his half and one excellent tackle as well.
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Jul 25, 03:54

And he is also quite bulky, looking good when it comes about pivoting the long balls with the chest, like Petreleo has said to me in the inbox. Seems like a perfect player for our system, Petreleo has sent me a great description of him.
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Sep 16, 05:53

https://youtu.be/JDD68CTaDZA
A top notch pass on the 0.19
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2019 Feb 05, 16:49

Besides some of the other stuff, his Agility ain't worth more than white value. On the other side, his long passing stats should be higher. He is also capable of making some excellent through passes with a great range.
ACC is a bit higher, TS perhaps a tad lower.

I am gonna make some changes as soon as I log into the Editor.

Return to “Non-Affiliated”