Paulinho, Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao

Moderators: Helios, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Paulinho, Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Sep 17, 14:42

Full Name: José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

Last edited by vinnie on 2013 Nov 30, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Viyut

Re: Paulinho

Postby Viyut » 2013 May 23, 03:30

I just disagree with ACC, the other suggestions are good.

EDIT: i just noticed, doesn't he deserve more than 75 for ST?
The goalkeeper isn't another one, he is THE number one!
Roy

Postby Roy » 2013 May 23, 16:00

About HEA, I have no idea how his heading is, but FIFA rate him at 83, it's a completely different engine, but they don't give it to him without proper reasoning. 8-)
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
Vickingo

Postby Vickingo » 2013 Jun 27, 16:16

His sense of positioning in attack to score is just crazy, he seems a real old Southamerican n°8 (RMF), reaching the opponent's box usually to score or when is needed, guy is really intelligent to score. Ah, also Anders was absolutely right (as well as FIFA) about his header, guy is awesome at it...it's smth you wouldn't expect from him but it's in there as well as his jump.
martins7

Postby martins7 » 2013 Jun 28, 02:38

HEA and JUMP can easily go higher (mid yelows) and his passing skilss can be a little better too.
''There are two methods of fighting, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts.''
ravenkeeper

Postby ravenkeeper » 2013 Jun 28, 11:24

I think his passing his fine.

Heading and Jumping have always been his best traits along with his 6th sense for goals, movement off the ball and stamina - even before he joined Corinthians.
Vickingo

Postby Vickingo » 2013 Jun 28, 11:37

Yeah his passing is fine as it is, is very simple to play...guy is a very complete player, it's not just a player who has one or two virtues and the rest is average...he's got smth from all and that's why I do like a lot. I'm being impressed about his long passing more than his short, as that pass to Neymar in the other day's Fred goal, pretty nice pass btw.
Roy

Postby Roy » 2013 Jul 02, 10:15

Like jurgens and Vickingo, I too decided to create an idea of him, the set isn't a final version at all, it's for testing purposes, I've made this set from scratch, just assigning values based on the vids of Vickingo (thanks Victor :D ), and finally created my set from that. During the making of this set, I haven't taken a look at neither jurgens' nor Vickingo's set, but considering alot of values are practically the same, I'd say he needs looking at pretty bad ;)

Explanations are in the spoiler.

Name: Paulinho

Club: S.C. CORINTHIANS
Number: 8
Position: CMF*, DMF, SB
Nationality: Brazilian _bra

Foot: R
Side: B

Length: 180
Weight: 71

Attack: 78
Defence: 70
Balance: 81
Stamina: 88
Top Speed: 80
Acceleration: 74
Response: 79
Agility: 73
Dribble Accuracy: 83
Dribble Speed: 75
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 79
Long Pass Accuracy: 81
Long Pass Speed: 78
Shot Accuracy: 72
Shot Power: 81
Shot Technique: 74
Free Kick Accuracy: 67
Curling: 73
Header: 80
Jump: 82
Technique: 84
Aggression: 74
Mentality: 68
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 86

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

Spoiler: show
It's not much different from the sets jurgens and Vickingo posted, and that clearly says something.

I've given him 70 for DEF because I really can't see him on 60's, Paulinho's a pretty good tackler, good dispossessor, in terms of overall DEF skills he's probably around 67 or so, but since I rate DEF as tackling and tackling only, I really can't see him lower than this value.

Both jurgens and Vickingo have a really good point regarding his physical stats, the guy has no agility in his natural game, just gets the ball, looks for the best option, and executes, i've seen him do body turns which deserve a much higher value, but given he does this like 1-2 times a match, I don't think he needs much higher than this. He also makes little use of his speed, although he certainly has some pace on him, but like AGI, he rarely shows it, I originally had him on 79 for TS, but like I said, he's just faster than that, he shows yellow TS from time to time, but it's scarce, but enough for me atleast...

Regarding BC and DA, I think he well deserves the values i've given him, his touches are pretty good, he's a pretty nice trapper, he doesn't kill everything like Cassano, but he keeps most balls under pretty good control, DA is something too, he's a very nice dribbler, his retention is pretty good, but he has pretty good close control too, i've seen him do thing most players with 83 wouldn't be able to do, but then again, he rarely shows it, as with almost everything he does...

About his passing, maybe he deserves higher, but I have trouble giving him higher, he's just too simple for that, of course he can give some pretty slick passes from time to time, but his overall game is so incredibly simple at times, that I think he doesn't need (much) higher than this, and besides, i've seen him fuck up laughably easy passes too, not what you would want to see of someone his level...

All the other stats pretty much speak for themselves, I've haven't touched anything outside the base set, his AGG is pretty weird for me, he usually strolls in the midfield, but as soon as an attack starts, it's not weird seeing him at the edge of the penalty area, so like everything from him, it fluctuates...

Vic also had a really good point regarding his MENT, the guy doesn't do a flying fuck 90% of the match, but then it's like he grabs his magic wand and then can change a match completely, really awkward to see at times...
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

čale

Postby čale » 2013 Jul 02, 10:24

would you please care to explain why such a drastic drop in response while it's one of him main strengths with his aerial game and superb off the ball movement?

also, DEF could be higher. i'm thinking of a 73

EDIT: there is no way he's a 74 for ACC he's pretty decent/solid, not an 83 but surely a/an 79/80.

EDIT 2: what's with the drop in MENT? he's got a solid work-ethic, him looking uninterested at times doesn't deserve a 7 point drop...
Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
Roy

Postby Roy » 2013 Jul 02, 10:27

čale wrote:would you please care to explain why such a drastic drop in response while it's one of him main strengths with his aerial game and superb off the ball movement?

Both Vic and Rob have him around this value too, he just doesn't look all that responsive to me, as said before, he's a pretty lazy player, doesn't chase ball that often, he reacts to everything within a 2m radius of him, and the rest he leaves to his teammates, maybe he deserves higher, but it doesn't play a big part in his game at all imo

Agree with (even) higher DEF...

EDIT: About ACC, no, he's 75-76 at a stretch, he makes little use of his physical abilities bar stamina and strength, you just have to understand he's capable of alot more than he shows, we have to look out not to inflate his values, he averages around high whites for ACC, although he's probably capable of higher...

EDIT 2: He just doesn't care too much, maybe he deserves around low 70's, he rarely changes his tempo or his play, regardless of the situation around him, he's just lazy, just plays 1 kind of game 95% of a match, outside of that, he may show some more, but it's so scarce, really...

Vickingo

Postby Vickingo » 2013 Jul 02, 12:33

čale wrote:would you please care to explain why such a drastic drop in response while it's one of him main strengths with his aerial game and superb off the ball movement?

Agree in both things, his response is smth incredible, i realize watching more matches and he's a pretty decent tackler despite commit some silly fouls for being overenthusiastic.

EDIT: there is no way he's a 74 for ACC he's pretty decent/solid, not an 83 but surely a/an 79/80.

Yeah, there's no way he's 74 in acceleration, he's even worse...he's got long legs and is Verón's style but obviously far faster over distance...is like a horse who has to reach his speed at the 10° metre from his start...and then yeah, when he reaches his speed, plus his physical strengths, is unstoppable by moments, a total horse :lol:

what's with the drop in MENT? he's got a solid work-ethic, him looking uninterested at times doesn't deserve a 7 point drop...

This is pretty hard to say...I wrote about it in the past page, he doesn't care a shit at his club 90% of the match, and then for his ability, he changes the match...at NT it seems he's more motivated and is a total warrior, being everywhere, hounding the opponents and trying to defend near Luiz Gustavo. In Corinthians this past 6 months he didn't do that, by moments, at all...pretty relaxed style, giving all the defensive actions to a defensive beast as Ralf is, and making the simple game of 5 metres passing and moving around. I don't think he's a 'hot head' but is one of those players we should rate with an exclusive definition of mentality (do we have one?). Should we put +80 for being over enthusiastic, a total warrior at NT or 65 cause at his club in all this time, he had little 'mental contribution' (sic) to the team, giving a damn about some complete matches (take a look in all my comps of him, specially vs Mogi Mirim or those games vs lower teams, even vs Palmeiras he seemed a total low average player). Pretty hard to say btw.

Btw you've got here a better hd pic:
Last edited by Vickingo on 2013 Jul 02, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
čale

Postby čale » 2013 Jul 02, 13:11

Yeah, there's no way he's 74 in acceleration, he's even worse..

i completely disagree, he's simply cumbersome and lacks any kind of agility and his DS is pure crap. when he's with the ball (although he keeps tremendous control with it and has a nice dribble) he can't do jack shit when it comes to running at a half decent speed, it almost looks like he focuses 90% of his willpower on keeping the ball as close as possible to his foot/feet rather than trying to get any kind of pace on it. there are a couple of examples in recent matches and vs videos i've seen which clearly demonstrate that. as soon as he knocks the ball a bit further he accelerates almost instantly (there was a perfect example of it a some weeks back). gonna try to find some examples later on...

This is pretty hard to say...

sure it is, but his relaxed style shouldn't be punished if he actually has someone to do the work on the defensive end so that he can focus more on the offensive side of the game (at which he is actually better), there's nothing wrong with that. that's why i said that the current 75 was okay for the moment, we'll see how he'll behave at tottenham for that matter. but i'd rather couple that with inconsistency, i mean, there are a million players known for their flashes of brilliance which will turn the game upside-down in an instant while they played the whole match up to that point like crap. it's just inconsistency, and inconsistency (with a little splash of brilliance) is translated into Form in PES terms. also, his combo of stamina and the current 75 in mentality works really well an there is no need to change it.

anyways, just glanced back at lemiserable's set and saw that he decreased his SA...i mean, dafuq? if anything he should get an increase not a decrease, his curled efforts from the edge of the box are magnificent, which also brings up the discussion of his curl as well.

if i were to make a set of him (notice the key word IF) this would be my draft:

TECHNIQUE
Attack: 79
Defence: 73
Header Accuracy: 83-84
Dribble Accuracy: 83-85
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 83
Long Pass Accuracy: 79
Long Pass Speed: 78
Shot Accuracy: 78
Place Kicking: 65
Swerve: 75-76
Ball Control: 80
Goal Keeping Skills: 50
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
SPEED
Response: 83
Explosive Power: 72
Dribble Speed: 73
Top Speed: 81
PHYSICAL
Body Balance: 79/80
Stamina: 89
Kicking Power: 79
Jump: 82
Injury Tolerance: A
RESISTANCE
Attack Awareness: 3
Defence Awareness: 3
Form: 5
Tenacity: 75
Teamwork:86

EDIT: found the exact match i was talking about, it was against boca

take a good look at around 01:10 you'll notice what i said, as soon as he gets rid of the ball he accelerates more than decently.
Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

Amaterasu

Postby Amaterasu » 2013 Jul 02, 15:08

About his speed on the ball, take a look at this: http://youtu.be/tYS2ML130fk?t=6m20s
čale

Postby čale » 2013 Jul 02, 15:20

that was hardly anything special, it was a punt and run, every player is capable of that. he took 6 touches on the ball in 30 or so meters in a straight run, pure definition of punt and run. high DS means that a player is capable of taking a lot of touches on the ball while maintaining good speed on the ball and i hardly think that "6 touches" relate to "a lot".

Vickingo

Postby Vickingo » 2013 Jul 02, 15:24

čale wrote:
Yeah, there's no way he's 74 in acceleration, he's even worse..

i completely disagree, he's simply cumbersome and lacks any kind of agility and his DS is pure crap. when he's with the ball (although he keeps tremendous control with it and has a nice dribble) he can't do jack shit when it comes to running at a half decent speed, it almost looks like he focuses 90% of his willpower on keeping the ball as close as possible to his foot/feet rather than trying to get any kind of pace on it. there are a couple of examples in recent matches and vs videos i've seen which clearly demonstrate that. as soon as he knocks the ball a bit further he accelerates almost instantly (there was a perfect example of it a some weeks back). gonna try to find some examples later on...

Well actually I parcially agree with that still we have two opposite opinions, sinceraly I can't see consistency in there, even so many examples...about that Boca's 1:10's vid I assume is before that silly foul, but sinceraly I'm not impressed at all about it, probably it's just me or I'm missing the action or seeing another one. Also I don't think he's that good at da, obviously he's a good technical overall player but it's like an idiot with the ball several times, the ball escapes clearly from his foot and probably is caused by his non existant agility. What you're saying i think (imo) is due to his quick reactions, response in PES terms...he's sharp as hell, knowing how to posicionate and making forget his first speed which imo is pretty bad. Also imo his DS is certainly really good, can't see him under green's also i can't see how is shit...not talking just about that gameplay at nt.

Thing is, over distance, he's a really fast player, not outstanding but as i said earlier, that speed + his balance and how warrior he's, is almost unstoppable...he would be more unstoppable if he would be so much better dribbler than what he actually is...i'm not impressed entirely about his dribble, i highlight more his defensive contribution and how easy is to him be in goal position as well as his awesome shoting (my BIG mistake in overlook his sa in my previous set) and header ability as well as his supportive movement...that's why I think he's a really total player and useful as hell to a team...also that's why I suggested him in World All star team some months ago...when not so many people knew him a lot.

it's just inconsistency, and inconsistency (with a little splash of brilliance) is translated into Form in PES terms. also, his combo of stamina and the current 75 in mentality works really well an there is no need to change it.

Agreed on it then.

anyways, just glanced back at lemiserable's set and saw that he decreased his SA...i mean, dafuq? if anything he should get an increase not a decrease, his curled efforts from the edge of the box are magnificent, which also brings up the discussion of his curl as well.

Indeed, his placement is more than good when he's got space.

As i said earlier i wouldn't give him more than 83 in da and also i disagree with that sps in cale's set despite being a decent passer, his passing is not that reliable to put 83 in sps, he prefers lots of times spa>sps, relaxed as he's lol. Btw, I do agree with 78 in sa.

I'm out of so much time right now as i'm at work (yeah lol I should be working), but I'll try to make my point with specific actions if you don't mind ;)
ravenkeeper

Postby ravenkeeper » 2013 Jul 03, 14:11

Don't agree on def 73. 70 is fine for him.

I might be inclined to agree if he put more effort to defense in his game(like he did in the final of the Confederations cup) - but most of the time he thinks 70% offense, 30% defense, and he wanders into the opponents box so much that his defensive impact in a game just doesn't represent such a high value, can he is often lazy on defense cause he just ran all the way to the opponent box and had to get back to his position, happening multiple times a game - he ball watches a bit too much too defensively.

70 represents him very well.
ravenkeeper

Postby ravenkeeper » 2013 Jul 03, 14:15

Vickingo wrote:obviously he's a good technical overall player but it's like an idiot with the ball several times, the ball escapes clearly from his foot

This +100. Happens often times in tight situations when he tries to control the ball too. He is too robotic at times.
Ahmedk

Postby Ahmedk » 2013 Jul 06, 10:30

furymaker

Postby furymaker » 2013 Jul 23, 07:46

at conf cup he showed amazing strength , was untouched in midfield , i really think he showed mid yellow BB , strong and powerful player
ravenkeeper

Postby ravenkeeper » 2013 Jul 23, 07:57

80 BB, nothing more imo.
Al-bulldozer

Postby Al-bulldozer » 2013 Aug 18, 21:37

it looks like Parker is no more No 8 and Paulinho wore this shirt against Crystal Palace.
I have accepted Allah as my Lord, and Islam as a way of life, and Muhammad may Allah's peace & plessings be upon him as a Prophet and Messenger of Allah.

Return to “East Asia”