Tommy Oar, Central Coast Mariners

Moderators: Helios, Mod's

User avatar
PES Stats Database
Posts: 18271
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Been thanked: 437 times

Tommy Oar, Central Coast Mariners

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Jul 20, 10:12


Last edited by iboshow on 2011 Aug 02, 08:46, edited 2 times in total.
Josh
Posts: 1713
Joined: 2009 Jul 17, 19:21
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby Josh » 2010 Jul 23, 15:00

Great young player, out of curiosity why was he wearing number 121 in the pic?
Image
User avatar
iboshow
Posts: 305
Joined: 2008 Dec 11, 10:46
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby iboshow » 2010 Jul 24, 15:45

The Asian Football Confederation requires players to keep the same squad numbers throughout the preliminary rounds for the AFC Asian Cup[26], resulting in players with squad numbers of 100 or higher, including 121 worn by Thomas Oar of Australia in a 2011 AFC Asian Cup qualification match against Indonesia.
Josh
Posts: 1713
Joined: 2009 Jul 17, 19:21
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby Josh » 2010 Jul 24, 16:04

Cheers . ;)
Image
Fides
Posts: 4348
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 19:39
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 44 times
Contact:

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby Fides » 2011 Sep 14, 13:37

Some things that I noticed in the FC Utrecht games this season: Good fast cross, good speed but poor stamina. Isnt able to finish a game yet. With Mulenga en Gerndt his crosses are really dangerous.
User avatar
iboshow
Posts: 305
Joined: 2008 Dec 11, 10:46
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby iboshow » 2011 Sep 15, 22:23

You think an increase in LPS is due.
Fides
Posts: 4348
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 19:39
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 44 times
Contact:

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby Fides » 2011 Sep 19, 07:30

Yeah I guess so. Havent seen enough of him to rate him accurately but yesterday he has another good cross to assist to the 2-2.
User avatar
FernandoA13
Posts: 2904
Joined: 2011 Feb 14, 16:50
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby FernandoA13 » 2011 Sep 21, 19:49

Im very impressed by he's skills. I am watching De Graafschap - Utrecht. And he already made an awesome messi look-a-like dribble. Then ten minutes later he scored a very nice goal, very nice, look it up!

Also i think he deserves P17 - Chasing back card he works very hard.

RES should be higher aswel 80, he reacts average/better. Curling looks higher imo 81, he has a nice swerve. TECH should be yellow i suggest 81. And DA 81?
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
Fides
Posts: 4348
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 19:39
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 44 times
Contact:

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby Fides » 2011 Sep 22, 16:29

Yeah really nice goal that was.
Simba13
Posts: 1
Joined: 2011 Oct 02, 06:09

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby Simba13 » 2011 Oct 02, 06:18

FernandoA13 wrote:Im very impressed by he's skills. I am watching De Graafschap - Utrecht. And he already made an awesome messi look-a-like dribble. Then ten minutes later he scored a very nice goal, very nice, look it up!

Also i think he deserves P17 - Chasing back card he works very hard.

RES should be higher aswel 80, he reacts average/better. Curling looks higher imo 81, he has a nice swerve. TECH should be yellow i suggest 81. And DA 81?


I agree with this guy!

Oar tracks back a bit! Not 100% sure on response being 80; happy either way with that! But yes all those stats suggested should be 81! He curls the ball heaps and controls it nicely! His first touch is quite good and he has good control when dribbling which you can see from various youtube vids! I'd up the consistency to 6 or the condition as he has started every game for Utrecht since returning from the U-20 world cup!

Also I'd consider making his attack a green 75 at the least but no higher than 78!

His long passes are really good and I'd lift them to 78 and his speed to 80 as he gets a bit of pace on his long balls (as well as lots of curl.)

Lastly - long shots/middle shooting might be a nice idea? We saw his ruled out goal at the U-20 world cup (it was even one touch) and most recently his solo run and shoot goal for Utrecht!
User avatar
mcmattie
Posts: 1573
Joined: 2010 Jun 05, 12:54
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby mcmattie » 2012 Oct 21, 14:35

His Sta should be a bit higher. He keeps going pretty well. Resp could be a bit lower. I also think he should have *Dribbling rather than *Tactical Dribble.
Fides
Posts: 4348
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 19:39
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 44 times
Contact:

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby Fides » 2012 Oct 22, 09:08

He was selected for the team of the week for the 4th time in a row. Remarkable actually. Somebody who has seems multiple full games of him this season and willing to do an complete(r) update?
User avatar
FernandoA13
Posts: 2904
Joined: 2011 Feb 14, 16:50
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Thomas OAR

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Oct 22, 16:44

Simba13 wrote:
FernandoA13 wrote:Im very impressed by he's skills. I am watching De Graafschap - Utrecht. And he already made an awesome messi look-a-like dribble. Then ten minutes later he scored a very nice goal, very nice, look it up!

Also i think he deserves P17 - Chasing back card he works very hard.

RES should be higher aswel 80, he reacts average/better. Curling looks higher imo 81, he has a nice swerve. TECH should be yellow i suggest 81. And DA 81?


I agree with this guy!

Oar tracks back a bit! Not 100% sure on response being 80; happy either way with that! But yes all those stats suggested should be 81! He curls the ball heaps and controls it nicely! His first touch is quite good and he has good control when dribbling which you can see from various youtube vids! I'd up the consistency to 6 or the condition as he has started every game for Utrecht since returning from the U-20 world cup!

Also I'd consider making his attack a green 75 at the least but no higher than 78!

His long passes are really good and I'd lift them to 78 and his speed to 80 as he gets a bit of pace on his long balls (as well as lots of curl.)

Lastly - long shots/middle shooting might be a nice idea? We saw his ruled out goal at the U-20 world cup (it was even one touch) and most recently his solo run and shoot goal for Utrecht!
I have these suggestions and agree with mcmattie STA higher. RES shouldnt be touched. When i suggested it, we didnt have the new standards.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
User avatar
petreleo
Posts: 1869
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Tommy Oar

Postby petreleo » 2017 Nov 07, 01:04

Honestly, he seems way off this Set at the moment!
Signed for APOEL in the summer after what I think it was a mediocre Season with Brisbane Roar in Australia, to become one of their main-men for the new Season, in the recommendation of new APOEL's coach, Mario Been.
Actually, he had been relatively quite good in his first couple of Champions League qualifying games, providing some good deliveries and support from the Left-Wing. However, when Mario Been was sacked after a 1-0 1st-leg away loss Vs Viitorul Constanta in the Champions League's 3rd-QR, Oar saw his role in the team, as well as his form deteriorate since then, under new coach Giorgos Donis, but the team did qualify to the Champions League group-stages, regardless Oar's mediocre contribution.
After he was excluded from APOEL's Champions League squad, he suffered an injury after just two league appearances, and he never really played since then.
He just doesn't seem to be what APOEL was looking for in the Summer in terms of Winger. Firstly, he was brought as a replacement of Gianniotas, a Right-Winger, but he is a Left-Winger by trade! He was played on the Right-Wing once in the 1st-leg 1-0 home win Vs Slavia Prague in the Champions League Play-Offs, and he was not particularly good in that game.
I cannot suggest specific changes to his Set, as I haven't been able to watch him much because of his injury, but he seems far from the great player he once had the potential of becoming.
In my eyes, he seems a bit too much of a one-dimensional, old-fashioned, traditional-Winger, not really common or useful to the modern game. What he does, is that normally he plays in his best and maybe only playable position, the one of the Left-Winger, and provides crosses from there, something which is regarded as a his biggest asset.
Other than that, he seemed pretty average in every other department, if you ask me. He didn't seem to be particularly good at dribbling, or eager to take-on players(maybe a confidence thing?), and he doesn't seem to go for goal often enough, but seems happy to be restricted only in his duty of crossing. Physically, he seems like a soft player in terms of body structure(not necessarily defensively bad, though), and on top of that he seems way off the Stamina(84) he is currently given, for obvious reasons; not being involved much in the game, not a hard-working style of player, despite defensively may being good for a Winger.
Let's see if his does have a future at APOEL, after the Summer Transfer Deadline Day acquisitions of Roland Sallai and Ghayas Zahid, both able of playing as Left-Wingers.

Photo:
Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
petreleo
Posts: 1869
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Tommy Oar

Postby petreleo » 2018 Jan 17, 23:45

petreleo wrote:Honestly, he seems way off this Set at the moment!
Signed for APOEL in the summer after what I think it was a mediocre Season with Brisbane Roar in Australia, to become one of their main-men for the new Season, in the recommendation of new APOEL's coach, Mario Been.
Actually, he had been relatively quite good in his first couple of Champions League qualifying games, providing some good deliveries and support from the Left-Wing. However, when Mario Been was sacked after a 1-0 1st-leg away loss Vs Viitorul Constanta in the Champions League's 3rd-QR, Oar saw his role in the team, as well as his form deteriorate since then, under new coach Giorgos Donis, but the team did qualify to the Champions League group-stages, regardless Oar's mediocre contribution.
After he was excluded from APOEL's Champions League squad, he suffered an injury after just two league appearances, and he never really played since then.
He just doesn't seem to be what APOEL was looking for in the Summer in terms of Winger. Firstly, he was brought as a replacement of Gianniotas, a Right-Winger, but he is a Left-Winger by trade! He was played on the Right-Wing once in the 1st-leg 1-0 home win Vs Slavia Prague in the Champions League Play-Offs, and he was not particularly good in that game.
I cannot suggest specific changes to his Set, as I haven't been able to watch him much because of his injury, but he seems far from the great player he once had the potential of becoming.
In my eyes, he seems a bit too much of a one-dimensional, old-fashioned, traditional-Winger, not really common or useful to the modern game. What he does, is that normally he plays in his best and maybe only playable position, the one of the Left-Winger, and provides crosses from there, something which is regarded as a his biggest asset.
Other than that, he seemed pretty average in every other department, if you ask me. He didn't seem to be particularly good at dribbling, or eager to take-on players(maybe a confidence thing?), and he doesn't seem to go for goal often enough, but seems happy to be restricted only in his duty of crossing. Physically, he seems like a soft player in terms of body structure(not necessarily defensively bad, though), and on top of that he seems way off the Stamina(84) he is currently given, for obvious reasons; not being involved much in the game, not a hard-working style of player, despite defensively may being good for a Winger.
Let's see if his does have a future at APOEL, after the Summer Transfer Deadline Day acquisitions of Roland Sallai and Ghayas Zahid, both able of playing as Left-Wingers.

He hasn't been too bad actually in the last couple of months. After recovering from his injuries, he came into the squad and provided important and valuable help as a back-up option on rotation, and improved the competition in the squad. Played mainly as Left-Winger, but also as Left-Wing/Back, and to a lesser extent as an Attacking-Midfielder and Right-Winger.
However, obviously he is still some way off from what it was expected from him when he signed for the club, as well as the standard of the stats in his current Set.
His biggest asset is definitely his crossing-ability, and in fact he has assisted many goals in relation to his game-time until today this Season. For a player who is not strong enough, tough, or super energetic, he is actually reasonably good defensively, and he made some positive contributions in that department, enabling him to be a back-up option as a Left-Wing/Back.
On the other hand, as I have said above, his dribbling isn't that good, and he isn't eager to take the ball past players often, but just making a couple of feints to be able to put his crosses into the box from wide areas. Also, he hasn't scored a goal until today this Season, which is an unimpressive record for a Winger, despite finding the bar on at least a couple of occasions.
Today it was one of his best appearances this Season, in the 2-1 derby win Vs AEL Limassol, winning the penalty for the winning goal, playing as a Left-Winger at first, then as an Attacking-Midfielder, and finished the game as a RIght-Winger, before getting subbed-off towards the end of the match.
User avatar
petreleo
Posts: 1869
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Tommy Oar

Postby petreleo » 2018 Mar 12, 02:25

petreleo wrote:He hasn't been too bad actually in the last couple of months. After recovering from his injuries, he came into the squad and provided important and valuable help as a back-up option on rotation, and improved the competition in the squad. Played mainly as Left-Winger, but also as Left-Wing/Back, and to a lesser extent as an Attacking-Midfielder and Right-Winger.
However, obviously he is still some way off from what it was expected from him when he signed for the club, as well as the standard of the stats in his current Set.
His biggest asset is definitely his crossing-ability, and in fact he has assisted many goals in relation to his game-time until today this Season. For a player who is not strong enough, tough, or super energetic, he is actually reasonably good defensively, and he made some positive contributions in that department, enabling him to be a back-up option as a Left-Wing/Back.
On the other hand, as I have said above, his dribbling isn't that good, and he isn't eager to take the ball past players often, but just making a couple of feints to be able to put his crosses into the box from wide areas. Also, he hasn't scored a goal until today this Season, which is an unimpressive record for a Winger, despite finding the bar on at least a couple of occasions.
Today it was one of his best appearances this Season, in the 2-1 derby win Vs AEL Limassol, winning the penalty for the winning goal, playing as a Left-Winger at first, then as an Attacking-Midfielder, and finished the game as a RIght-Winger, before getting subbed-off towards the end of the match.

Inconsistent so far for APOEL, not reaching the standards that were expected from him in order to be a starter, but at least he has proved to be a useful versatile squad-player in recent months, after experiencing some injuries at the start of the Season.
As I have said in my previous post, towards the middle of the Season he started gaining more minutes as a starter with good performances, including in derby wins Vs AEL Limassol and AEK Larnaca, but soon his form started to drop again. Since two mediocre performances as a starter in back-to-back derbies Vs Apollon Limassol(a loss and a win), in which he was subbed-off at early 2nd-half and half-time, he saw his role in the team deteriorate again.
Became a "super-sub" after that, starting only some games like Cup matches, playing in a variety of positions; Left-Wing, and Left-Wing/Back as I have said above, but also frequently at Center-Midfield, and sometimes even at Left-Back! Not to include, Attacking-Midfield and Right-Wing where he played sometimes in the 1st-half of the Season...
In the last few matches, he proved to be a decent emergency option at Center-Midfield. Started there in a 4-4-2 alongside a more defensive-minded Midfielder, Lucas Souza, Vs Nea Salamina Famagusta last week in the 0-3 Cup victory, and he "ran-riot" going forward in the 1st-half, working the channels in midfield, playing some dangerous forward passes and making forwards runs on the break. In the 2nd-half of that match, he was more defensive and controlled after Lucas Souza was subbed-off at half-time, and he played there alongside players including the likes of Attacking-Midfielder Ebecilio. Today in the 0-0 derby Vs AEK Larnaca he was subbed-in after about 65 minutes to play as a Center/Defensive-Midfielder alongside Agustin Farias in a 4-2-3-1, and he was not threatened defensively at all by AEK, and going forward he had some good moments for a sub.
He hasn't been exactly great for APOEL this Season, but on his day he can be a handful for opposition, and in my opinion is that it is a pity that he doesn't play more often. APOEL can do with somebody like that in some games in the starting-eleven who can actually hit teams on the break, whether at Left-Wing, Left-Wing/Back or Left-Back, or as of recently, at Center-Midfield. Actually, Japanese club Urawa Red Diamonds was in the news last week wanting to sign him, but apparently APOEL are not so keen about letting him go at this stage of the Season.
I think that I have addressed the big majority of areas in which he needs updates, and mainly downgrades, in his Set in my last three posts, but I couldn't really address every single detail that needs looking, in terms of explanation. Maybe at a future post, I would be able to explain in more detail some of my thoughts, but below are my suggestions for now... The subject with his positions has given me a headache, but I would personally like to see him having Left-Wing/Back and Center-Midfield where he played a lot this Season, and for now not Left-Back, Attacking-Midfield and Right-Winger, as well. Finally, Left-Midfield should be his primary-position, because of his decent all-around play in all aspects of the match, not only when having the ball-possession.

Suggested Changes:
Spoiler: show
Height: 170 cm (+1)
Weight: 67 kg (-6)
ADD- WB, and CM as a Secondary-Positions
MAKE- SM his Registered-Position
Attack: 73 (+1)
Defence: 46 (+7)
Balance: 73 (-2)
Stamina: 82 (-2)
Top Speed: 82 (-1)
Acceleration: 83 (-4)
Response: 76 (-3)
Agility: 82 (-1)
Dribble Accuracy: 80 (-2)
Dribble Speed: 82 (-2)
Short Pass Accuracy: 75 (-1)
Long Pass Speed: 82 (-1)
Free Kick Accuracy: 76 (-2)
Curling: 82 (-2)
Header: 63 (+4)
Aggression: 78 (+1)
Mentality: 70 (+3)
Teamwork: 74 (+5)
ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 3 (+1)/2


Photo:
Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
petreleo
Posts: 1869
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Tommy Oar

Postby petreleo » 2018 Sep 20, 11:46

http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_i ... ic&lang=l1
https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/majo ... until-2020

Signed for _aus Central Coast Mariners for the next two Seasons, after his contract with _cyp APOEL Nicosia was terminated on mutual-consent.
My suggestions for him based on last Season:
petreleo wrote:...
Suggested Changes:
Spoiler: show
Height: 170 cm (+1)
Weight: 67 kg (-6)
ADD- WB, and CM as a Secondary-Positions
MAKE- SM his Registered-Position
Attack: 73 (+1)
Defence: 46 (+7)
Balance: 73 (-2)
Stamina: 82 (-2)
Top Speed: 82 (-1)
Acceleration: 83 (-4)
Response: 76 (-3)
Agility: 82 (-1)
Dribble Accuracy: 80 (-2)
Dribble Speed: 82 (-2)
Short Pass Accuracy: 75 (-1)
Long Pass Speed: 82 (-1)
Free Kick Accuracy: 76 (-2)
Curling: 82 (-2)
Header: 63 (+4)
Aggression: 78 (+1)
Mentality: 70 (+3)
Teamwork: 74 (+5)
ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 3 (+1)/2


Photo:
Spoiler: show
Image

Return to “East Asia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests