PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Tanguy Ndombele

Postby PES Stats Database » 2018 Jan 30, 22:01

Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Re: Tanguy Ndombele

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Jan 30, 22:12

Very interesting player loaned by Amiens (though Lyon will probably buy him). He has shown insane potential and a very interesting skillset since the beginning of the season.

He's a very complete midfielder, physically and technically able to do a bit of everything. He's a workhorse and has a lot of physical presence, good pressing as well, but his defensive discipline and supportive movement need some refinement.
He's insanely good in physical duels and has a rocket of a shot. His shooting is a bit erratic though, as well as he's dribbling. He's often, maybe too often going on these short dribbling runs. I mean, this guy can't just trap the ball and pass. He's always trying to do a feint, a skillmove, take on his opponent, even when it's utterly useless and not the most effective option. I'm probably going to give him Mazing run too.

His passing is solid, usually simple but it's also because he knows how to create space to make safe passes. I've seen him put some good power in his short passes, the accuracy is decent, but his long passing is mediocre at best for now, he just doesn't use it a lot.

That's a pretty raw set but a good base I think, I'm open for suggestion, especially for PES 6 cards/stars because I have no clue about them :D
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Adrien » 2018 Feb 02, 20:09

He's really a great promissing mieldfielder. I saw him both times against PSG, he was outstanding, keeping all balls in the mieldfield. Seems to have a lot of energy and reading well the path of the passes to intercept it. Aouar need to be made too, he's really great.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Feb 03, 18:06

Adrien wrote:He's really a great promissing mieldfielder. I saw him both times against PSG, he was outstanding, keeping all balls in the mieldfield. Seems to have a lot of energy and reading well the path of the passes to intercept it. Aouar need to be made too, he's really great.

Yeah, the guy came out of nowhere and has been great since the very beginning. He just needs a bit more discipline really.

I really have issues making a proper set for Aouar actually, I'm doubtful about a lot of aspects (his DA, TW, etc), maybe due to how many different roles he played. I have issue giving my set a unique, "aouaresque" feel. I'm not sure I properly understood what's his playing style like yet.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2018 Feb 04, 00:04

Ndombele wasn't from nowhere anyway. My brother following Ligue 2 every week as he support a team from Ligue 2 and he told me about Ndombele being outstanding at Amiens.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Sanji
PSD Youth League

Postby Sanji » 2018 Mar 01, 02:16

Great set Ocrin! I'm biased and all, but i try not to be when it's about pes stats. Still, having watch probably all his games here are some suggestions.

Passing accuracy higher ? I have him at 83 in my set and it's good, i get that we'd want a bit lower than that here but he's a better passer than Fekir. He makes some brainfarts, that's why maybe around 81 would be better but man the guy has some vision. The most devastating pass for opposition defenses always come from him or Aouar.

Long range passing also higher, but not too much. 77 seemed good to me, he showed quality at it, just not using it a lot. But if you saw him at Amiens, he definitely is class at it. Still, 77 max as we want to emulate current ndombele.

Technique is for me his best attributes. So much ease in pulling himself out of pressure with his first touch. I'd say he's better at it than dribbling. 81-84. Id say 82 because he has heavy touches sometimes.

TS seems harsh but why not. In new gen i rate him 80 TS and 78 EP, fits him perfectly.

Also Shot Power/Shot accuracy. I rated his power higher (i put him at 88) and gave him 67 sa. Maybe i'm too crazy but he deserves more than 84, strongest strike in the league with Balo imo.

About dribbling, maybe 80 is enough for him give the physical stats already making him a beast? About that PC/BC combo, haven't you gone a bit over the top ahah? 82/83 PC and 77/78 BC seems fine. Care to explain why such high value in BC?
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Mar 07, 07:39

i do agree about his SPA being very good, however the approach here was to be a bit conservative. He kinda lacks consistency in his passing, and I saw a lot of lateral passing from him as well when I was making this set.

The only reason his long passing is at 75 is only because I've seen very, very little of it. As you said he doesn't use very much, I'm not sure an upgrade is necessary for now.

I told my point about his technique, he's very tricky but in terms of pure technique is traps are not so effective, more often than not he's just being tricky for the sake of it, but the potential is there.

Agree about KP, dunno why I was so hesitant giving him a value he actually deserves.

Regarding BC, well, he always struck me as being very resilient in physical confrontations, that's one of the things that struck me when I started watching him. He's not so strong but his BC makes me the most of his ability in duels. Then again you're right though, 85 is a very high value.
Sanji
PSD Youth League

Postby Sanji » 2018 Mar 07, 17:45

Great! In the passing i agree. Tends to play a lot of lateral safe passes, and even misplace some. Problem is, when there is an opening deep in the opposition half, he'll almost always make that killer laser pass that's the best option. Those passes are hard to pull, yet he pulls them because he's very precise in his vertical passing. He puts a lot of power on them aswell, making it hard for defenders to intercept.

Let' s keep long passing at 75,value is ok you are right ;)

Technique is the only point i disagree with you. On the contrary, the traps i have in mind are anything but tricky for the sake of being tricky. It's almost always how he starts his penetrating runs from deep. He often kills his opponent with a nice orientated first touch towards opposition goal. Pulled a few vs PSG, Villareal. All big games where we were pressed high up the pitch, he's the answer to beat that press thanks to his first touches. Where i would agree is on his traps when there's no pressure, he relax himself and his touches are often heavy.

Regarding BC i think you're right in the end, and he might be one of those players that get those crazy values. But it's a bit early and he hasn't proven enough yet.
Houy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Houy » 2018 May 27, 10:49

Adrien wrote:He's really a great promissing mieldfielder. I saw him both times against PSG, he was outstanding, keeping all balls in the mieldfield. Seems to have a lot of energy and reading well the path of the passes to intercept it. Aouar need to be made too, he's really great.

That's one of his strong points, not just from a responsiveness stand point but for how well timed he knows how to pounce on the opposition to disrupt play. There's definitely something there for the future but to properly emulate this there might need to be a drastic change in the balance of the set, which looks fine for now. For the moment though i'd increase his Resp, he's no lower than 81.

Sanji wrote:About dribbling, maybe 80 is enough for him give the physical stats already making him a beast?

I agree with this. He's quite unrefined in terms of technique in general, the effective kind of unrefined though. His control is makeshift and quite sloppy but still he can manage to keep the ball with him throughout his dribbles though trickery and his ability to stay on his feet ( his strength, BC oriented ), both points Ocrin mentioned.
Still his ratio of successful dribbles isn't anything special even though he's hard to stop. I agree that 80 would be spot on for him in particular, right between solid control and the start of actual refinement, i'd also increase his Agi to 81. He really is a player that makes use of his physique in all sorts of ways to gain an advantage, Body control and Agi are the first things to be highlighted regarding his dribbling.

He might not be a natural technician but he can pull of some interesting traps and scoops of the ball. Again makeshift and not super smooth, like that roulette scoop he does often but that can't really be replicated in Pes as far as i know. Still that 82-83 is well within his reach as far as effectiveness goes.

Ocrin wrote:i do agree about his SPA being very good, however the approach here was to be a bit conservative. He kinda lacks consistency in his passing, and I saw a lot of lateral passing from him as well when I was making this set.
Agree, he's capable but his end product in terms of ground passes stems a lot more from his involvement in the team's attacking sequences. He can do with an extra point on SPS though.

On that last note, i can't help but think the set doesn't capture quite how involved this guy is, I've seen him all over the place, in a good way. Not just randomly either as he takes up key positions that lead to dangerous situations for the opposition very frequently. He's not super intelligent or aggressive but he's absolutely handy for Lyon in that sense, perhaps more so than Aouar is. Things i would consider are a boost to TW and perhaps a small increase in Agg ( more so to steer him to more forward positions than actual aggressiveness ). More importantly i am thinking he might need the Box-to-Box card.

Dribbling/Passing stars could be added for the old games.

Finally i'm not sure he should have Free Roaming and Long ranger. Free Roaming makes players make runs in the box looking for sneaky goals, frequently unmarked as the card implies. Long ranger should look at frequency but also efficiency, and i'm not even sure he tries long shots often enough to warrant it.
What i am saying is in player with his talents these cards are basically guaranteed goals, goals he simply isn't scoring yet.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 May 27, 13:36

Everything you said is pretty much spot on, a TW/AGG upgrade was on my books for quite some time, though I didn't think much about the rest. I do think these warrant more than a "small" increase though, that aspect of his game is core to replicate him IMO.

I'd like to especially thank you for the old games suggestions, I don't/didn't play them so I have to rely exclusively on that kind of suggestion regarding the attribution of these cards.
Houy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Houy » 2018 May 27, 20:13

Ocrin wrote:Everything you said is pretty much spot on, a TW/AGG upgrade was on my books for quite some time, though I didn't think much about the rest. I do think these warrant more than a "small" increase though, that aspect of his game is core to replicate him IMO.

wrote: There's definitely something there for the future but to properly emulate this there might need to be a drastic change in the balance of the set

Small was used for his Agg, not TW. He could develop into an invaluable ball winner that commences and follows through on counters. The core of his game is a hint to what it can be in the future at it's current unconcentrated state. The values for Att/Def/Resp/TW/Agg presently look spot on, well done.

Ocrin wrote:I'd like to especially thank you for the old games suggestions, I don't/didn't play them so I have to rely exclusively on that kind of suggestion regarding the attribution of these cards.
Ofcourse :)

And Pic
Spoiler: show
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2018 Sep 19, 21:14

I think SPA could got a raise, he played several great trough passes tonight against City. This guy always impress me.
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Sep 27, 13:47

furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2018 Dec 15, 23:52

he's a beast, some 1st touch passes he pulls, direct one, risky. All around very solid midfielder, quite strong, fast, technically gifted both as a dribbler and a passer, in champions league was quite superb
Kim
New Stat Maker

Postby Kim » 2019 Mar 15, 21:07

He was the only relevant player in Lyon side against Barcelona. Doing what he can to hold the ball and distribute it in the midfield.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Apr 30, 23:52

He has an underlying sloppiness in everything does he does, he's quite erratic. However, his ability in all areas is undeniable. It's rare to find a player in his mold being so capable of passing, really rare indeed.
There's no doubt his dribbling seems a little off-kilter and it's not always under the best control, so it will be interesting to see how he would fare in a more structured league where less space is given. Although they are quite different, there is alot of similarity between him and Naby keita in terms of dribbling style, keita is more inventive, much faster on the ball and much more agile and less direct in general, but he has the same sort of inconsistent control. Keita really had/has issues since arriving in the EPL with this aspect of his game, so you would expect it to be a concern over Ndombele too. Ndombele happens to be much more impressive strength wise than Keita though, so that could really elevate the potential issues.

I'd consider him to be one of those players who could become a world class mid, but could also be a bit of an erratic talent who never quite reaches the heights he could be capable of.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2019 May 01, 09:25

Things wich could confirm the point "but could also be a bit of an erratic talent who never quite reaches the heights he could be capable of". He's showing more and more mental issues. Choosing his games, not involve lot of times in the team or games. He's not the kind of guy asking to himself questions constantly. So he doesn't look to target his weakness and doesn't looks to want to improve it.

Let's see if next season playing in a top3 leagues will solve this and make him being more involve and working more for his improvments.
Sanji
PSD Youth League

Postby Sanji » 2019 May 02, 09:31

Think he could do with a cosmetic speed raise, rewatching some of his plays on the counter he's really fast, eats yards of space like it's nothing. 81 TS? Also we could really have him on a lower SA/ST combo, never shoots and when he does it's off target. Really a shame because we know he's got massive power in his leg. And we've given him a fair SP, so i think it'd be only fair to lower the ST/SA to emulate him perfectly there.

Defence wise i think it'd be even better to to widen the gap between his DP and BW. He tends to get really lazy and uninvolved in the defending work. Although he can still show 70s DP on about half the games, some games he's in low 60s. Really inconsistent on that aspect. As Adrien said, he choses his games. Way to loose in his marking and tracking back, cost Lyon a few goals this season. On the other hand, BW could go a point or two higher, he's very good at winning the ball back, timing his challenges, even some quality slide tackles. I'd go with 67 DP and 73 BW, although DP could stay at 68 if you think that's harsh enough.

Staying on new gen stats, i'm not sure about the downgrade in BC. I guess you didn't want to overpower him now that you gave him higher PC, but it's really his main asset and his way to get out of tricky situations on the ball despite erratic technique. I swear he never loses a ball when it's in his feet, only through bad passing. And that's mainly because how well he uses his body to shield the ball, which is exactly what the stat is.

Lastly, his LPA/LPS combo gotta be higher, and that's the only non cosmetic change i'm seeing now that you've lowered his SPA and upped his SPS and BB. Doesn't use it that much but uses it frequently enough to get better values. He's pretty sound there, i'd say 78 LPA and even then i think i'm being harsh, never seen him miss the target. Never seen him make cross field passes though, it's more around the 30m range usually. Puts great velocity and lauches them pretty fast though, so i don't know what kind of LPS would be fair, as in my understanding that stat mixes velocity and range. Between 74 and 76?
Morón
New Contributor

Postby Morón » 2019 Jul 13, 19:18

I've been watching some of Ndombele's full games recently to find out what's the hype about. He is a smart player, who can dribble the way out of trouble, but i think he's quite rational overall. Does not dribble if not needed, play short simple passes for most of the time, so he pick an adventorous solutions in both passing and dribbling only when safe and smart.

His TW didn't really impress me. He is a good teammate, he doesn't put a pressure on you to play him a ball, he keeps the structure of formation nicely, and there's nothing wrong in it, but i feel he can be a bit way to passive in some situations. But he moves really well of the ball to create passing lanes for teammates, also if needed moves up between the lines. In general, he's a very smart build up player.

His SPA is really good, and he oftenly tends to play surprising vertical pass when it's expected to play the ball to wider positions. Can play key passes too, and his range is quite good too. But what i saw is that he rarely plays long balls, which is related to what i said, that he tends to play short simple passes in the build up, and rarely switch the ball to other flank or send any kind of long balls.

He is terrible in terms of scoring goals, even when he finds himself in a good position he lacks concetration and a shooting ability really, some of his shots were really BAD.

Defensively, nothing special. I don't think he's a good dispossesser really, from what i've seen, never saw any kind of outstanding lunge, had some bad attempts too. He is sometimes late in pressure, and his body language and attitude is questional sometimes. When zonally defending, he covers the space quite well though, he seems like a disciplined player tactically in defence, but definetely has a room for improvement there.

I think he's going to have a tough first season in England. Smaller pitches, quicker football, better opposition, him not being really polished yet. But he is a very good potential, can see him becoming a key for Spurs quite quickly.
Whoah10115
Regular Poster

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Jul 31, 03:17

He's very good. His Tech, his ability to carry the ball when needed then - as he did today- take on a guy to get off a shot..and he can shoot.

He has the incentive to move the ball forward and does so without rushing. I like Winks but don't think he's a holding midfielder. I think Spurs need a destroyer in the middle to pair with this guy, who is tentatively a box-to-box player.

If he can maintain over the course of the season, then Spurs can do something.

Return to “Tottenham Hotspur FC”