PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Davinson Sánchez

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Mar 12, 06:39

josev
Regular Poster

Re: Davinson Sánchez

Postby josev » 2018 Dec 30, 00:56

he lets others dominate him in the air all the time, either due to shit marking or really bad timing to make the jump, his general awareness is just shit, he's not thinking of the space behind him, however 65 tw is already one of the lowest in db for cbs i think, maybe a tad lower is justified. lower def is also a possibility but his tackling is rather ok, while other defensive skills are clearly lacking
also i dont really understand 68 att and high shooting skills, but his da and lpa could be a bit higher
Luhum
PSD Youth League

Postby Luhum » 2018 Dec 30, 01:38

I couldn't believe Spurs went for him, i was already familiar with him at Ajax and he was insanely bad, the guy has no fucking positional awareness and any kind of IQ at all. He's sharp and quick, and can get the ball in attractive fashion by chasing it, but in everything else he's bad enough to base the whole game plan on him if you play against his team. It's so easy to drag him out of position, he cost Spurs the Champions league success last year, when Higuain owed him easily twice in couple of minutes.

I think he really has to go down in DEF too, i don't think he's yellows, maybe a higher ACC, with that mid yellows RES that'll reflect his ability to be quite sharp of the mark and intercept balls, as Josev said he's nowhere near 68 att, he's like 61 62, and his mentality can go down even further.

As i said, we live in the world where people that work in football get paid to invest in players, and they invest in Davinson Sanchez, that's really sad, imagine being a scout and sending a positive report on Davinson. I know that those reports were full of ''modern, fast, quick, strong centre back WITH HUGE POTENTIAL'' but that's just terrible, today in football many chief scouts are insanely clueless

In 2014. Warnock was blocked from buying Van Dijk for just 6m because his chief scout said that he was ''too sluggish''.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tim-coe-68878a42 this fucking retard.

And 3 years later someone paid 42m for Davinson. Insane.......
anOKguy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Aug 26, 14:55

In all honesty, we can be a good bit more strict on him. Dude is a walking joke of a player.
josev
Regular Poster

Postby josev » 2019 Aug 26, 17:25

you should've included a few seconds before that when he was in a better related to the guy, but just moved away from him in the wrong direction on purpose creating that fucking huge gap, that was pathetic
i'm still unsure whether he should be lower, he is getting a bit more consistent but still does something retarded almost every game, just doesn't get punished for it ll the time. in fm stats, i'd give him low decisions, positioning and concentratiion and anticipation but it's hard to fir it all into just def in pes, cause his tackling and 1 on 1 game is generally good, this is a bit similar to ramos i guess
anOKguy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Aug 27, 15:27

josev wrote:you should've included a few seconds before that when he was in a better related to the guy, but just moved away from him in the wrong direction on purpose creating that fucking huge gap, that was pathetic
i'm still unsure whether he should be lower, he is getting a bit more consistent but still does something retarded almost every game, just doesn't get punished for it ll the time. in fm stats, i'd give him low decisions, positioning and concentratiion and anticipation but it's hard to fir it all into just def in pes, cause his tackling and 1 on 1 game is generally good, this is a bit similar to ramos i guess

So this is a really good start to the conversation you and I had on Discord yesterday about the likes of Sanchez and Mustafi. You and I both seemed to be in favor of reducing DEF for both and since they already have pretty garbage TW stats likely leaving them. Given how response reliant both of them are and just how much of their defensive contributions are made by their aggressiveness, but their sheer incompetence at actual defending more than gambling on winning the ball back l, maybe something like 75/76 DEF for the pair of them. Sanchez is poor with his positioning, awareness, and decision making (especially on headers) while Mustafi isn’t as disconnected if a defender but just has a string of outrageous howlers. Maybe form could contribute to Mustafi as well? Not set on this. Wanted to leave that here for more people to engage with
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Aug 29, 23:23

I think thats being overly harsh, while he is a disaster waiting to happen, and really mindless, he still has a lot of strengths going for him and though I think his negatives are severe, Tottenham does work well to minimize them whenever I happen to catch them, I think his overall capability of a defender is somewhere in the low 80's, not low greens imo.
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2019 Aug 29, 23:49

I agree, has been a better defender then expected though I think fothy is going to be far better long term
anOKguy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Aug 30, 03:32

His strengths are his actual strength, responsiveness, and aggressiveness. However it’s always a real gamble with him. I think Spurs are having an excellent coach paper over his weaknesses with a strong team structure. He’s a better player in some aspects, but I think if he was in another situation it would probably be worse. I’m likely too harsh on his TW since that might be a reason for improvement. It’s a testament to Poc as one of the best coaches in the world regardless. The man produces quality from what he gets.

Josev, you watch the most of anyone. I definitely agree with your upgrades to technical skills, but how do you see him coming along defensively? TW and the rest.
josev
Regular Poster

Postby josev » 2019 Aug 30, 17:17

as far as i'm concerned here, my opinion on sanchez hasn't really changed, it's just the matter of the scaling (how low can\should we go with everyone) and trying to calculate that abstract def value from the various defensive qualities of player's game. i just don't know what is the right way to fit his retardedness into it, while somehow making it represent the strong parts of his game. as it is a single "overall" value, due to it's broadness of it some discrepancies on its evaluation are inevitable even if everyone follows the same definition. i would trust rob's opinion here as he's the one who decided we rate def like that and clearly has a better understanding of it, so i wouldn't lower davinson's def, and will maybe give him low yellows as he suggests. also, could it be that we undervalue the effect of the really low tw on the set? most, though not all, of his mistakes are related to breaking the defensive structure
TheEngineer
New Contributor

Postby TheEngineer » 2019 Oct 12, 18:31

It's totally impossible that this guy has 86 BB, it's just crazy. I'm Chilean, I've seen the last 2 matches between Chile and Colombia in the present year, and I've noticed that this guy has lost a lot of balls fighting in B2B against Eduardo Vargas (80 BB) and Alexis Sánchez (80 BB according to PSD).

Alexis destroyed him today only bumping shoulder to shoulder, Davinson ended up totally lying on the floor, and the actual version of Alexis isn't better than 80-82 BB for sure, so I can think that Davinson's BB would be nice at 77-79. He's just fast, extremelly fast, and he has something like "fighting spirit"... but that's all, 0 intelligence, 0 reading, 0 teamwork, 0 security, 0 communication, and too inconsistent in the B2B.

I really like Tottenham many years ago, I watch every single game, and I've had the opportunity to see (at least 1, 2 or even 3 times per game) that even 170 Cms strikers have completely destroyed and bullyied Davinson in the B2B, It's been something totally painful. He just looks stronger because of his height and his high speed, but that's all. The 86 BB and 84 TS combo makes him a real beast in game, and that isn't true in real life.

In summary, my suggestion: BB = Between 77 and 79 (and I'm being generous).
Akephalos
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Akephalos » 2019 Oct 13, 16:35

NT matches are not a "solid" or "valid" arguments for changing stats drastically. Specially because south american players with their NT are quite inconsistent in every game. Sánchez owned Guerrero in a friendly not so long ago, literally crushed him in physical duels. so you can see is the totally opposite.

Now if thats something that he ussually strugles in EPL, then it would be worth to review carefully.
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!
TheEngineer
New Contributor

Postby TheEngineer » 2019 Oct 13, 20:34

Akephalos wrote:NT matches are not a "solid" or "valid" arguments for changing stats drastically. Specially because south american players with their NT are quite inconsistent in every game. Sánchez owned Guerrero in a friendly not so long ago, literally crushed him in physical duels. so you can see is the totally opposite.

Now if thats something that he ussually strugles in EPL, then it would be worth to review carefully.

You're right, and yeah. He's strong, for sure, but he's too inconsistent and irregular using his body. Another simple example: I can remember the last match between Spurs and Newcastle; Muto (who sits at 78 BB) bullyied and made Davinson look totally ridiculous in a B2B. In fact, Davinson ended up lying on the ground, then he got up and ran like a hound dog, until he managed to knock Muto down by pulling him from his neck (it was a foul for a red card that the referee didn't notice).

On the other hand, in the penultimate match against Newcastle, Davinson managed to stop Rondón (92 BB) by a mix between an excellent run and a really nice physical block. In that particular case, I don't know if Rondón is physically overrated (I mean, maybe he isn't 92 BB anymore), or maybe he's slower than 79 DS (like PSD suggests), or Davinson was quick enough to anticipate and win that duel, or maybe he was just lucky in that particular game.

Whatever, that 84 TS and 86 BB combo is more for consistent, dominant, and regular players, who are more constantly demonstrate their physical abilities. I can remember that even Mahmoud Trézéguet (Aston Villa) has beaten Davinson by far in a physical duel (179 cms - 75 BB).
josev
Regular Poster

Postby josev » 2019 Oct 14, 02:32

you make some very good points, but that's just the kind of player sanchez is. in that example with trezeguet, they were running at high speed and had to make a sharp turn to get the ball and he just pushed sanchez off balance in motion in the direction davinson was running, inertia was in his favor so it was easier for davinson to fall, i wouldn't be surprised that sanchez didn't expect that cause he's not a very smart defender, he does have problems with shoulder to shoulder situations like this one, it's very typical of sanchez, it seems that doesn't always know how to apply his strength, he chooses the wrong moment to impose physical pressure, he easily loses focus and makes bad decisions in these situations, smaller players can just run around him. same situation with his aerieal prowess: i can' count the times he managed to miss very simple headed clearances after balls over the top conceding stupid chances for the opposition, he tends to hilariously miscalculate that stuff too often, same happens when defending crosses. and at the same time like you've said, he often does well against really strong opponents. he has only 78 def, and it is supposed to represent how effective he is at using his skill set: he has the strength and physicality, but doesn't always succeed in using it. that being said, 86 can be too much for his consistency, but he's not greens, no way
anOKguy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Nov 10, 20:21

Want to drop some clips from recent matches as these just insanely boneheaded mistakes are still a huge part of his game
https://youtu.be/VZpG4qPXF50?t=766 terrible touch in the dying seconds of the game
https://youtu.be/VZpG4qPXF50?t=717 can't imagine how unaware he was here and close to getting a red
https://youtu.be/VZpG4qPXF50?t=631 really half-assed attempt to challenge for the ball and a goal results... also look at where Sissoko is this play as it is the least helpful position on the pitch he can be occupying at this crucial moment to help see out the victory.
Sanchez again here being reckless https://youtu.be/_8ZBM1k_RqI?t=211 and insanely stupid here https://youtu.be/U4XjYJEZapI?t=426 throat punching VVD, https://youtu.be/U4XjYJEZapI?t=597 wtf is he even trying to do here?????? https://youtu.be/U4XjYJEZapI?t=631 got his ass turned here bad.

Return to “Tottenham Hotspur FC”