PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Kevin Lafrance

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 May 14, 10:54

petreleo
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Kevin Lafrance

Postby petreleo » 2017 May 14, 13:03

For the first-half of the Season, Lafrance was considered as a back-up Center-Back at AEL Limassol, behind starting Center-Backs and Cypriot Internationals, Valentinos Sielis and Dossa Júnior, and remained like that until January, with AEL meanwhile challenging for the League Title having also one of the best Defences in the whole League.
However, in January one half of their successful Center-Back partnership, Valentinos Sielis asked for a transfer to South Korea, and shortly afterwards in the beginning of February the other half of their starting partnership in Central-Defence, Dossa Júnior suffered a long-term, season-ending injury.
All of a sudden, from a reliable back-up Center-Back that he has been for the first-half of the Season, Kevin Lafrance became their most important Center-Back for the rest of the Season in just a matter of days, partnering in Defence with either new January singing Bogdan Mitrea or ex-AEL's academy player Andreas Kyriakou(or even with both of them in a 3-man Defence).
My overall verdict on Kevin Lafrance is that he can be a decent back-up Center-Back for any team, even the big teams, as he "ticks" many boxes. Lafrance has a tall and powerful body-build, he is relatively quick at sprinting, fairly attacking-minded, and finally he has great jumping and decent heading-ability, and because of it he has been scoring a lot of goals this Season, 4 goals in the League and most of them crucial goals.
On the other hand, ideally I wouldn't want him as a first-choice Center-Back for almost any decent team, at least not for the big teams, and it is no accident that without their two first-choice Center-Backs of the first-half of the Season and with him at the back instead, AEL's Defence became from one of the best in the League to average, if not even worse, and didn't challenge for the League Title in the second-half of the Season at all.
Despite always giving everything he has for the team and playing with a lot of passion, making many brave challenges on the ground but also in the air, his on-the-ball technique and passing is not good enough for the big teams, and in combination with his frequent lapses in concentration, he is always capable of making one or two mistakes in big matches. Examples of this:
a) 1st Video(03:00) "League Vs APOEL"
b) 2nd Video(02:47) "Cup Vs APOEL"

petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 Apr 12, 22:40

petreleo wrote:For the first-half of the Season, Lafrance was considered as a back-up Center-Back at AEL Limassol, behind starting Center-Backs and Cypriot Internationals, Valentinos Sielis and Dossa Júnior, and remained like that until January, with AEL meanwhile challenging for the League Title having also one of the best Defences in the whole League.
However, in January one half of their successful Center-Back partnership, Valentinos Sielis asked for a transfer to South Korea, and shortly afterwards in the beginning of February the other half of their starting partnership in Central-Defence, Dossa Júnior suffered a long-term, season-ending injury.
All of a sudden, from a reliable back-up Center-Back that he has been for the first-half of the Season, Kevin Lafrance became their most important Center-Back for the rest of the Season in just a matter of days, partnering in Defence with either new January singing Bogdan Mitrea or ex-AEL's academy player Andreas Kyriakou(or even with both of them in a 3-man Defence).
My overall verdict on Kevin Lafrance is that he can be a decent back-up Center-Back for any team, even the big teams, as he "ticks" many boxes. Lafrance has a tall and powerful body-build, he is relatively quick at sprinting, fairly attacking-minded, and finally he has great jumping and decent heading-ability, and because of it he has been scoring a lot of goals this Season, 4 goals in the League and most of them crucial goals.
On the other hand, ideally I wouldn't want him as a first-choice Center-Back for almost any decent team, at least not for the big teams, and it is no accident that without their two first-choice Center-Backs of the first-half of the Season and with him at the back instead, AEL's Defence became from one of the best in the League to average, if not even worse, and didn't challenge for the League Title in the second-half of the Season at all.
Despite always giving everything he has for the team and playing with a lot of passion, making many brave challenges on the ground but also in the air, his on-the-ball technique and passing is not good enough for the big teams, and in combination with his frequent lapses in concentration, he is always capable of making one or two mistakes in big matches. Examples of this:
a) 1st Video(03:00) "League Vs APOEL"
b) 2nd Video(02:47) "Cup Vs APOEL"

Spoiler: show

His Set currently looks great with last Summer's changes.
He has been one of the best performing Center-Backs of the Cypriot League this Season, not just because of his defending, but his overall play as well, and his consistent presence has helped fellow Center-Back Mitrea step-up his game this Season.
The only changes that I would make to the Set of Lafrance would be higher Attacking Awareness, as well as maybe Offensive-Full/Back card, because of the 7 goals that he has scored so far this Season, in addition to the 4 goals that he has scored last Season as a Center-Back! In addition, maybe he doesn't need Side-Back and Defensive-Midfielder positions any more, because he has only played as a Center-Back in the last two years at AEL Limassol, and hasn't played that much in other positions in the past, anyway.

ADD- P17 - Offensive Sideback
REMOVE- SB. DM
ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 2 (+1)/3
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Jul 18, 22:04

http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_i ... ic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia for the next 2 years as a Free-Agent (he is No.#13).

For the last three Seasons he has been one of the most consistently performing Center-Backs in Cyprus for AEL Limassol, impressing with his physicality(great strength&jumping and decent pace), and his ability to go forward and scoring-ability, despite not being the most clever defender, nor the best technical player on-the-ball, because Cyprus mainly is a physical League. Because of these weaknesses of his, I don't know if he can be considered to be good enough to be a starter for APOEL, but I guess the fact that he has been great at a back-three for AEL Limassol last Season in a 3-5-2, would help him settle at APOEL that uses the same formation, and his attacking abilities and willingness to attack will be helpful in that formation, but for a back-four quality-wise I consider him to be mainly a back-up for a club of the level of APOEL.
Some changes needed for his Set according to my previous post:
petreleo wrote:ADD- P17 - Offensive Sideback
REMOVE- SB. DM

Photo:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 Sep 03, 12:08

petreleo wrote:http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=21095&tt=graphic&lang=l1

Signed for _cyp APOEL Nicosia for the next 2 years as a Free-Agent (he is No.#13).

For the last three Seasons he has been one of the most consistently performing Center-Backs in Cyprus for AEL Limassol, impressing with his physicality(great strength&jumping and decent pace), and his ability to go forward and scoring-ability, despite not being the most clever defender, nor the best technical player on-the-ball, because Cyprus mainly is a physical League. Because of these weaknesses of his, I don't know if he can be considered to be good enough to be a starter for APOEL, but I guess the fact that he has been great at a back-three for AEL Limassol last Season in a 3-5-2, would help him settle at APOEL that uses the same formation, and his attacking abilities and willingness to attack will be helpful in that formation, but for a back-four quality-wise I consider him to be mainly a back-up for a club of the level of APOEL.

http://apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_i ... ic&lang=l1
https://pafosfc.com.cy/archives/3099

On-loan to _cyp Pafos FC from _cyp APOEL Nicosia until the end of the Season(he is No.#13).
APOEL had to loan him out because the non-Cypriot spots on their roster were already fulled, and then before signing for Pafos FC, clubs like OFI Crete, Omonoia Nicosia, as well as Portuguese Primeira Liga clubs wanted to loan or purchase him.

Suggested Changes in addition to the below from recent posts, is that his Long-Passing also needs upgrade:
Long Pass Accuracy: 72 (+2)
Long Pass Speed: 74 (+2)
petreleo wrote:Some changes needed for his Set according to my previous post:
petreleo wrote:ADD- P17 - Offensive Sideback
REMOVE- SB. DM

Photo:

Return to “APOEL FC”