Efstathios Aloneftis

Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Efstathios Aloneftis

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Feb 14, 16:23

Spoiler: show
Efstathios Aloneftis is a Cypriot International Winger, who can also play as a Forward and he is well-known for his breathtaking speed, his dribbling ability, his skills and tricks, as well as his aggressive play.
Stathis is an Omonoia Nicosia's youth product. He debuted for Omonoia in 2000, but he established himself as a first-team regular in the 2003-04 Season.
In the Summer of 2005. Aloneftis was sold to AE Larissa in Greece for 200 000 Euros, staying there for two years and winning the Greek Cup of the 2006-07 Season.
After trialling with Queens Park Rangers, Aloneftis signed as a Free-Agent for Bundesliga side, FC Energie Cottbus in 2007 and became the first ever Cypriot player to play in Bundesliga.
He failed to impress in Germany, and in the Summer of 2008, Stathis returned to Omonoia, signing a multi-million five-year contract.
His first two Seasons of his return were great, as Aloneftis was one of the best players of the League and a fan favourite for Omonoia fans.
However, things for him worsen dramatically in his last two Seasons with Omonoia, as Omonoia began facing financial problems and pays were delayed, and Aloneftis' form was not great as usual, with the Winger also suffering from injuries.
Aloneftis was, at first, released in the Summer of 2011, then re-signed a couple of months later, and then released again in the Summer of 2012 and he won two Championships and three Cups during his time with Omonoia.
In the Summer of 2012, as a boyhood fan of Omonoia made a controversial move to arch rivals, APOEL Nicosia, signing a three-year contract, and then an extention until 2017.
Stathis at first struggled to adapt to APOEL, but when he did, he regained all the momentum he previously had, becoming one of the best players of APOEL, winning three Championships, two Cups and playing several times in the Group Stages of the Europa League and the Champions League, which was his dream.
In recent times, the time that he spends on the pitch is limited, due to recurring injury problems and injuries he has accumulated from dirty play from opponents, but in spite of this he continues to inspire the fans and his teammates when he is able to play, showing that he is still a dangerous Winger, who is able of destroying any team when he is on-form.

Last edited by VUKDS on 2015 Jan 10, 13:05, edited 7 times in total.
petreleo
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Stathis Aloneftis

Postby petreleo » 2014 Oct 29, 16:54

stavrello7 wrote:
petreleo wrote:
stavrello7 wrote:Your suggestions seem reasonable and i agree for LPA, WFF, BB, INJ and Early Cross card.

Unsure about ATT raise and +Outside, can you confirm with video ?

imo DA should be 83-

About Attack, do you have any doubt that he should be in the greens? He is a really dangerous attacking Winger. Cristovao Ramos of Omonoia has Attack: 78, and there is absolutely no way that Aloneftis should be that below him.

About Outside Curve, in my opinion he definitely deserves it. However, I don't remember an exact moment to show you. Maybe, John(if he returns to the forum) will have a video from his time at Omonoia to show you. But, yes, I'm very confident that he deserves this card.

What do you mean about his DA? It should be higher or lower than 83?

i have the " - " after 83, i think its better a number lower than this, but im not yet sure for a value.
Well, If Cristovao Ramos ins't better than Aloneftis why not to decrease Ramos?
Will try to see next CL match.

It isn't only Ramos, but players of the Greek Super League as well.
For example, PAOK wingers have, Saplingidis(78), Pereyra(77), Martens(77) and Olympiacos winger, Ghazaryan(78), Attack.
Are they better than Aloneftis in this aspect? At the moment, I would say: No.

About Dribbling, he is one of the best in Cyprus in this aspect. It is very difficult for anyone to lower it.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2014 Dec 21, 21:58

- Header Accuracy: 69 (+1)
- Ball Control: 80 (-3)
- Tenacity: 77 (+1)
OK, he has brilliant Dribbling skills, but is his Ball Control also that good? I doubt it to be honest. Therefore, it should fall a number of points.
To compensate for this, Header Accuracy(I already said that he scores a decent amount of headers per season, although he is really short and has bad jumping) and Tenacity can increase a bit.
stavrello7

Postby stavrello7 » 2015 Apr 10, 14:55

Swapped incisive run with Darting run, as petreleo suggested to me and i totaly agree. I have my doubts about Trickster. The Weak FF makes the players do the rabona or trivela.
www.facebook.com/betweenfourlines
www.facebook.com/GRPatchPGPES6
petreleo

Re: Efstathios Aloneftis

Postby petreleo » 2016 Feb 18, 08:45

Returned to action yesterday for the Cup QuarterFinal Vs Aris Limassol after last May when he was injured in the Cup Final of Last Season after dirty play from AEL player.
Well, he actually did play some minutes in November, but he wasn't fit at all and got injured again and returned fully yesterday. He is the definition of Injury Tolerance: C.

Anyway, he marked his return yesterday with a fine goal(3:46):

New Photo:

petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 Apr 18, 15:19

Back in-form after returning from his long-term injury. Last Weekend Vs Nea Salamina, he played for the whole of the second-half, after featuring only sporadically up to that point since his return from injury, and he has won a penalty and given an assist to Charalambides, in addition to creating a host of other chances.

He has even made his signature "Rabona Cross", something that he did time and time again throughout his career:

petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Aug 16, 06:34

Scored a World-Class goal last night in the Champions League Play-Offs.

He didn't start the Season as good as he should have wanted to, as he wasn't one of the primary options of APOEL's 1st manager of the Season, Mario Been. However, when they changed managers and Giorgos Donis took over again, Aloneftis played as a starter in two of the last three matches, Vs Viitorul(home) in the 3rd qualifying-round of the Champions League, and in the Champions League Play-Offs Vs Slavia Praha(home).
He did not play at the top of his game in any of those two matches, but he still provided an assist from a corner-kick Vs Viitorul, and scored a World-Class goal last night Vs Slavia Praha.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Sep 26, 21:51

petreleo wrote:

Scored a World-Class goal last night in the Champions League Play-Offs.

He didn't start the Season as good as he should have wanted to, as he wasn't one of the primary options of APOEL's 1st manager of the Season, Mario Been. However, when they changed managers and Giorgos Donis took over again, Aloneftis played as a starter in two of the last three matches, Vs Viitorul(home) in the 3rd qualifying-round of the Champions League, and in the Champions League Play-Offs Vs Slavia Praha(home).
He did not play at the top of his game in any of those two matches, but he still provided an assist from a corner-kick Vs Viitorul, and scored a World-Class goal last night Vs Slavia Praha.

I thought that he was amazing tonight Vs Spurs in the Champions League.
Gave Aurier at Right-Wing-Back a really tough time, as Stathis was flying down the Left-Wing in counter-attacks, and always being dangerous.
Amazing thinking that he will be 35 years old soon! He have been particularly good both last Season and this Season, after leaving behind him some injury problems of the past Seasons.
bitz

Postby bitz » 2017 Dec 07, 08:36

He isn't this fast off the ball. Mostly lives by his acceleration and agility. TS should be more like 80.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2017 Dec 07, 15:35

bitz wrote:He isn't this fast off the ball. Mostly lives by his acceleration and agility. TS should be more like 80.

Hm, yeah. Maybe not 80, but 81 or 82, but you get the point. Although decently quick for his age, his speed is steadily falling, and I think that this is well documented in the last updates of his set. Despite that, I have said above, he is one of the best players of APOEL this Season.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2018 Oct 12, 22:42

He started last Season brilliantly, especially in the UCL group-stages and qualifying matches, but since then age seems to have affected him more than ever before. He got two injuries in the past 6 months, as well I think.
The paradox here is that he is expected to play quite a big role this Season APOEL, after the departures of Sallai and Oar who can play Left-Wing as their or one of their favourite-position(s). Efrem who is 1st-choice right now for there, seems really injury-prone since the start of last Season and currently out injured, and if APOEL's new coach doesn't play a player like Zahid out of position at Left-Wing, then Aloneftis is expected to play frequently as a starter.
From what I have watched from Aloneftis this Season when he has returned from his shoulder injury recently, when he starts matches from the start he seems to cross more often than before, and more than what it is needed. The reason is that he doesn't seem to have the power to make those dribbling runs he used to do when he was younger, and because of that he tries to cross more instead. I think right now he is far more useful for the team as a super-sub and come and make the difference from the bench, but as the team needs him as a starter, they cannot afford to do so.
Many stats need downgrades, especially speed-stats, unfortunately, and maybe Early-Cross Card should be added as well, because of the above:

Attack: 74 (-1)
Defence: 47 (-2)
Stamina: 77 (-3)
Top Speed: 81 (-2)
Acceleration: 83 (-2)
Agility: 83 (-2)
Dribble Accuracy: 81 (-2)
Dribble Speed: 82 (-3)
Teamwork: 77 (-2)
ADD- Early Cross Card

Photo:
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2020 Mar 28, 17:58

petreleo wrote:He started last Season brilliantly, especially in the UCL group-stages and qualifying matches, but since then age seems to have affected him more than ever before. He got two injuries in the past 6 months, as well I think.
The paradox here is that he is expected to play quite a big role this Season APOEL, after the departures of Sallai and Oar who can play Left-Wing as their or one of their favourite-position(s). Efrem who is 1st-choice right now for there, seems really injury-prone since the start of last Season and currently out injured, and if APOEL's new coach doesn't play a player like Zahid out of position at Left-Wing, then Aloneftis is expected to play frequently as a starter.
From what I have watched from Aloneftis this Season when he has returned from his shoulder injury recently, when he starts matches from the start he seems to cross more often than before, and more than what it is needed. The reason is that he doesn't seem to have the power to make those dribbling runs he used to do when he was younger, and because of that he tries to cross more instead. I think right now he is far more useful for the team as a super-sub and come and make the difference from the bench, but as the team needs him as a starter, they cannot afford to do so.
Many stats need downgrades, especially speed-stats, unfortunately, and maybe Early-Cross Card should be added as well, because of the above

New Set:
https://i.imgur.com/XuOXzxu.jpg
Also,"Darting Run" should also be Removed, and "Early Cross" to be Added.

He has played little last Season, despite expectations that he would play a part, as well as little for the majority of this Season as well, but in the last few weeks he surprisingly arose as an option for new manager Marinos Ouzounides, given the bad form of the other attackers at the club, and he was given a run in the team. However, he has been nowhere near as good as he had been in the past, even until two years ago when he was playing very well as a starter in the Champions League.
Physically he has declined considerably, he is not a great dribbler anymore, defensively not solid as he had been in the past, and his assets at the moment are crossing-ability, and ability to find some good positions in the final-third to receive the ball and play passes/crosses from there, something which helps mainly against small team that defend deep. He is indeed still capable of making two-three (even a bit more) class actions per game, mainly escaping the markers to receive the ball and play a good cross/cut-back into the area, but over the course of a 90-minute match he doesn't affect the game much. Could have possibly been an option as a substitute against the small teams of the League this Season, but not as a starter I am afraid. With his contract ending in the Summer, he would either renew his contract at APOEL (unlikely but depends on his form now when he is getting more minutes), retire, or sign for a small club in Cyprus. His current Set is very outdated and needs to be updated according to my suggestions posted above.

Photo:
https://i.imgur.com/dz5aaYP.jpg
bitz

Postby bitz » 2020 Mar 28, 19:52

Thanks for your input, updated. Do you think he deserves all those cards?
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2020 Mar 28, 20:39

bitz wrote:Thanks for your input, updated. Do you think he deserves all those cards?

Great job!
Like I have said in my previous post, I believe "Darting Run" should be removed. As for the others, maybe "Dribbling" as well.

Return to “Non-Affiliated”