Moderators: BigStu, Phil, Jez, Welbeck19, Brahms, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

John Mikel Obi, Tianjin Teda

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:25

BigStu

Re: John Obi MIKEL

Postby BigStu » 2011 Aug 18, 18:53

Unconvetial reply here I konw, best way of me expresisng myself, had a stressful day (due to a level results)

Attack: agree
Defence: agree
Balance: agree
Stamina: agree
Top Speed: agree
Acceleration: agree
Response: agree
Agility: agree
Dribble Accuracy: agree
Dribble Speed: agree
Short Pass Accuracy: agree
Short Pass Speed: agree
Long Pass Accuracy: agree
Long Pass Speed: agree
Shot Accuracy: 68 see below
Shot Power: Disagree, he's fine on 82 when he does shoot (which he looks better at this season like Anderson has) a lack of power is not the issue, could be 83
Shot Technique: 67 this is what he lacks at shooting
Free Kick Accuracy: disagree his delivery from set pieces warrants more than a 67
Curling: agree
Header: agree
Jump: agree
Technique: agree
Aggression: agree
Mentality: disagree 79/80 for me
Keeper Skills: agree (well obviously)
Teamwork: agree

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
Agree

I should add that whilst consistency is still an issue with his performance he's getting much better overall and during his good patches is quite a player, he's been fantastic in spells recently
Mr. Evans

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Aug 18, 19:24

I kept Ment just the same it was as in the first post as I rate Ment differently so I'll leave that up to you.
On shooting: I actually think he's a pretty decent shooter tbh. People say Mikel can't shoot and that's wrong. Mikel doesn't shoot and that's a huge difference. Anderson used to shoot and his shots were terrible so saying he couldn't shoot was correct.
Some of Mikel's shots over the years were pretty impressive (including volleys and '1st-contact shots') but seeing Mikel taking a shot is so rare..
Anyway I'd rate his ST over his SA as when he shoots, he has trouble aiming them on target but the connection he makes aren't all that bad really imo. So something like 67/68 or 68/69 for me. I'm fine with SP 82 btw.

And on concistency, I agree. I'd raise it a bit too as while he's still somewhat inconsistent, he's far more consistent than he used to be. And you and I know that as long as he's not injured, he can play every game of the season with ease.
thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2011 Aug 18, 20:11

I really keen on updating these so please gugu,phil,vranny,lfc, tasmin and any other good members please give your thoughts
Gugu

Postby Gugu » 2011 Aug 18, 20:25

Wouldn't his LPS deseve higher, an 81 I feel just wouldn't give the range that he can show whilst passing to the flanks from deep, an 82 means he's on par with Modric which I feel is fair.

The rest of the set seems great, you got my blessing to update them ;)
Kostaz

Postby Kostaz » 2011 Aug 18, 23:40

I'm hardly one of the good members but I think that BAL, TECH, DribbleAcc and LPA could go even a bit higher. I agree with your SPS value.

Not sure about removing Covering as he often covered for us last season after corners and when BOTH wingers played in the final 3rd.

I agree with the fact that it's not that he's a terrible shooter but he simply shoots very very rarely.
Mr. Evans

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Aug 19, 00:15

You really think his BAL should go up even higher? A 88 would be too much for him as he doesn't display that kind of strength. It's more a case of other players finding it very difficult, many fail, to push him aside or knock him down. In other words, fantastic balance. Giving him a 88 would Mikel so strong and far too dominant in physical challenges.

TECH - Mikel still lets them bobble too much for a 84 imo. Someone like Busquets is a lot better with his trapping and there should be good gap between the two. A 83 should allow you to do anything Mikel does in real life (also keep in mind he mostly receives easy passes and under little to no pressure).
DA - While he would need to show more impressive close control to warrant a higher value. He mostly moves at very low speeds and putting him on par with Anelka who keeps the ball closer to his feet, even at high speeds, would be unfair.

LPA - And personally I think a 85 is the max for now. A 86 is when you get to world-class border and he'll have to play more difficult passes, more long passes behind the defence right in a player's path than to long passes to sides for instance, and under more difficult circumstances before he sits on such a value.

And the way he plays is covered by the Anchor Man card alone really. Mikel just sits deep at all times, moving in between the CBs sometimes which the Anchor Man card makes him do. You can still catch Mikel sitting in front the defence when either Terry, Ivanovic/Bosingwa or Cole go forward and doesn't regularly move into the spaces they left behind.

@Gugu
I can agree with raising his SPS and LPS, wouldn't go higher than a 82 for both though if you ask me.
And I forgot to add, what do people think about adding Tactical Dribble. If the star does what I think it does, I think he's candidate for the star.
thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Aug 20, 11:20

Update Stu?
Gugu

Postby Gugu » 2011 Aug 20, 13:28

Updated, it's your 1st post now ;)
Mr. Evans

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Aug 20, 13:34

Add Stu's Ment (79/80) and SP (82) suggestions and your own SPS and LPS suggestions please ;).
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2011 Aug 20, 13:47

done
Mr. Evans

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Sep 22, 18:06

I've been a bit generous with his TS. While I do think he's this fast when he actually does want to run, he rarely runs at this pace. Way too lazy to run.. And his lack of pace is a weakness in his game as well so we really need to replicate that in game. So TS needs to come down to a 77.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2011 Sep 22, 18:36

surely better to lower ds
Mr. Evans

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Sep 22, 18:58

To reflect off the ball pace?
BTW, putting him on par with prime Lampard wouldn't be right as well. He easily gets outpaced by most in real life while he's also slow to get back when facing a counter-attack.. TS really needs to be lowered. He's similar to Yaya, who's on a 82 because he's also too lazy to run at his actual top speed most of the time.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2011 Sep 22, 19:16

spose your right
Gugu

Postby Gugu » 2011 Sep 24, 16:10

Updated
Mr. Evans

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Nov 09, 10:05

I don't get him, it seems like he never runs.. as you can tell when someone's running but he never seems to do so. Always moving at such a low pace.. I find it incredibly frustrating.
adieet

Postby adieet » 2011 Nov 09, 12:02

Got question in a pes-way.
Is it like holding R1 yet he's slow ? A bit better than "Walking" ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mr. Evans

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Nov 09, 12:13

No it's like he doesn't like to 'hold R1'. It's like he's speed jogging 98% of the time. You know how when you run, you swing your arms.. his arms are static and close to his body. I've seen him run a few, emphasis on the word few, times and he has pretty decent pace but he doesn't like to run which makes it seem like he's a slow poke. And it's so frustrating as he gets back so slowly.
Then there's Romeu, the current 2nd choice DM, he does actually run but he's just slow.
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2011 Nov 09, 22:59

In PES 2012 that "lack or running" can be shown by giving him medium (or even low) values for ATT and DEF proweness (problem is, you can only choose between 1 - 3), would be fun to test him at 1/1 lol. May try it tomorrow.

Sadly, I suppose there's no way to show such a thing in PES 2011, other than lowering his Ment.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
cris

Postby cris » 2011 Dec 17, 07:22

it is hard to rate the speed of a defensive midfielder as they hardly sprint. A smart DMF can go a whole game without sprinting. I know this because I have had to play in the position.
If you wanna lose fat quickly, Maximizing the Afterburn effect is the key. http://afterburneffect.org/ (totally free)
Eating healthy meals is even more important. check this out: http://www.teamunify.com/cast/__doc__/Insanity%20Nutrition%20Guide.pdf

Return to “Middlesbrough FC”