Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Julio Chiarini

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Sep 04, 22:24

Explanation of stats:
Spoiler: show
DEF: He always has a great positioning, never looks distracted and is in the right place to save balls which for other keeper would be dangerous goal situations. Very quiet and calm GK.
TS-ACC-AGI: Chiarini has a lot of things which reminds of his friend Jorge Carranza, and his speed abilities are some of them. Fast to react and go forwards to cut down deep passes.
DA-DS-SPA-SPS: He, instead of shooting the ball far away from the box, has been ordered by the coach to start the Instituto's ball posession by giving short passes to his teammates. In addition, when the defenders or midfielders can't find a way to advance in the field they give the ball back to Julio to start the gameplay again. He manages the ball in a good way for being a GK.
TECH: above standards, also because of the previously explained point. When the defenders return the ball to him, he has a good 1st touch and reacts fine in order to put his body in a good position to give a pass.
AGG-MENT-GKS: He's a secure keeper, does usually go forward to cut crosses, doesn't fear about it. On the other hand, when there aren't 'crosses danger' he usually stays near the line from underneath the goal. Even when he gets more "football rhythm" (he only played 3 or 4 games during the last 2 tournaments when he was substitute for Carranza), this area could be improved.
TW: also a high number to combine good passes with the defenders and to command the defensive line.

About him:
“He gathers every condition. He's strong psycologically and gets over mistakes, has personality, good technique, knows how to go out and cut crosses, is fast with his legs, knows hhow to play with his feet. It's the ideal prototype of goalkeeper and has a huge future". -José Luis Chilavert.

julgui
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Julio CHIARINI

Postby julgui » 2011 Sep 06, 02:55

Excelent post! ;)
Señor Ascenso | Mr. Lower Leagues
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Sep 06, 03:18

julgui wrote:Excelent post! ;)
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby gotaa » 2011 Oct 29, 00:48

Amazing moment of Chiarini, one of the best keepers in Nacional B tournament until this moment. Has kept his goal in zero in 8 out of 12 matches, receiving only 6 goals in 12 matches. He was the figure of today's match, saved several 1-on-1 and, along with the confidence he's getting for being the starter GK, is showing a great combination of AGI (mainly) and ACC to save those clear goal attempts. Also his KS are very very good, never miscalculates and catches almost every ball coming from crosses without giving rebounds. something which is very noticeable and which I put in the first topic's description
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Oct 30, 02:28

Nice post Matias, are you thinking in a raise of his AGI/KS/MENT/AGG?
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby gotaa » 2011 Oct 30, 17:48

I was thinking in those changes (except AGG, normally stays near the line under the goal; MENT will help him go out to cut crosses) and in ACC (similar to Jorge Carranza's, 72-73 could fit him well); AGI (clearly must be in yellow zone). Anyways there is no hurry about updating, I rather wait more matches, only took down those notes in the forum to remember and be taken into account afterwards ;)
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Nov 16, 01:17

gotaa wrote:I was thinking in those changes (except AGG, normally stays near the line under the goal; MENT will help him go out to cut crosses) and in ACC (similar to Jorge Carranza's, 72-73 could fit him well); AGI (clearly must be in yellow zone). Anyways there is no hurry about updating, I rather wait more matches, only took down those notes in the forum to remember and be taken into account afterwards ;)

What about now? Do you have precise numbers Mati?
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby gotaa » 2011 Nov 17, 02:11

I still rather wait until the end of the half season, he has had his goal in zero in 9 out of 14 matches until now (only received against Aldosivi, Rosario Central, Desamparados, Defensa and Gmo. Brown) which talks good too about the defensive work of the team as a whole; but he responses very well most of times the opportunities created by the opponents. In this moment it would be something like:

ACC: 72-73 --> previously explained, good ACC not only to come out and
RESP: 84 (+1) --> He can do great savings answering to difficult shots with any part of his body.
AGI: 80/81 (+1/2) --> able to do great double savings at times.
KS: 81 (+2) --> amazing security at handling the ball, almost never gives even a rebound when the ball comes from the air.

There aren't much, but I leave some videos, I'll try to post more later:
Watch: the first play, also minute 0:14 and 1:04
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/institutomasclub#p/a/u/2/WQFj3kNc4oc[/youtube]

Minute 1:40 (the only dangerous shot against him that match)
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Nov 17, 11:38

Nice, I like it...what about his DEF? IMO his positioning is a bit better and probably better than a lot of 1st division keepers.
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby gotaa » 2011 Nov 18, 02:39

Well, he's clearly better than Jorge Carranza in DEF who sometimes was distracted or got goals made because of not being in the right place. And by the way, now that I compare him better with El Loco I see that at this moment, both GK's RESP are rated the same (83), which is correct, so I think what would be better, instead of giving Chiarini higher RESP, is increasing DEF at least to 81 level as Carranza has too.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Nov 19, 01:09

Updated those values.
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby gotaa » 2012 Mar 04, 19:21

I wouldn't like to overrate him, as he has never had the chance of playing in First Division, but he's in a completely superior level to all of Nacional B GKs, and probably better than many of 1st Div gks too. He's way too sure, his positioning is awesome, always standing in the right place and never gets surprised. Only 10 goals made to him (one was scored to Matias Vega) in 23 matches talk a lot about him (and defenders too). Yesterday ended the match playing injured and anyways his performance didn't decrease at all. For sure he'll be playing in First div next season, whether with Instituto if we promote or other team, as he really deserves it.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Mar 04, 19:37

Completaly agree here Matias, I love his "presence" below the 3 posts. He's imponent to any forward and as you said his defence/positioning is just awesome. Who cares about where is playing he? Instituto is far better than at least 10 teams in 1st division, let's give him what he deserves...I don't see overrated give him 83 in DEF and better MENT...what do you say?
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby gotaa » 2012 Mar 04, 22:33

Yeah, definitely, seems that he's in the peak of his career. Updated with DEF 83 & MENT 81
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby gotaa » 2012 Sep 04, 01:26

He seems to be in something like the 80-85% of what he used to be last season these fist 3 matches. He's still a safe keeper, but I've noticed that he leaves more rebounds now (not only the one that ended in Cuevas' goal), so probably, if doesn't improve could get a BB&KS decrease. His reflexes are still awesome, the same level of last year, if it were't for him Instituto could have got 5 goals yesterday. BTW his technique seems to be higher than a lot of defenders in this league :lol: a lot of times the ball is passed to him and he gets it quiet and starts again without twirling it ("revolearla") as most GKs do.

EDIT: I say it again, definitely if it weren't for him, Instituto would have suffered a lot more goals than actually has against. I'll decrease his KS bit in the future if keeps giving rebounds or parrying defectively (Douglas Haig 1st goal came this way) and maybe -1 in DEF. He has already saved 2 penalties on these 4 matches and several 'impossible' shots, a proof that he's quality still anyways.
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Julio Chiarini

Postby gotaa » 2013 Feb 24, 03:30

He has recovered fully his level since some months, he's a beast of keeper and the reason for which Instituto hasn't lost more than the current 8 matches (with our desastrous defense, that's a lot). Some journalists who know nothing (let's menction Bambino Pons or Hector Gallo) said he wasn't the same as last year, and that's probably because the team isn't as much broadcasted as was last season and because he has received many goals (he had little to do with that, being the defenders the main responsibles), but he's still the top keeper with Monetti very near him. The set will remain the same, plus he's candidate to *PK saver too, saved 3 out ot 4 this season so far.

EDIT: and he saved today one more PK, and that's a total of 4 out of the ¡8! penalties he had to face. I keep the doubt as I don't know about his experiences on his previous clubs and ain't sure how many PKs a GK should save to deserve PK saver (although IMO his current rate is great for a single season). He also saved one vs Indepte Rivadavia, in the penalties shootout for Argentine Cup. He continues to make lots of hard balls look "easy", although I'm considering a point decrease in DEF (if I'm not wrong 2 penalties were sanctioned because of his fouls -ones he had to made 1-on-1, but fouls anyways). BTW he could have more Tenacity, his leadership is increasingly evident and so is his ability to keep his level along the whole match and facing/saving the commonly adverse situations the Instituto's defense must deal with.
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby gotaa » 2013 Oct 31, 16:04

He's being more prone to giving rebounds or parrying the ball instead of trying to catch it, lately. Maybe it's a matter of the new balls that move on their aerial trajectory. Anyways I think, and despite he generally parries the ball towards places where it doesn't mean much danger for his goal, KS could be 1 or 2 points lower. On the other hand, he's continuing to have amazing reflexes match by match. I'm thinking that he probably could have a minimum decrease in DEF, so it doesn't affect his overall performance, whilst an increase on Response, as he's able to amazingly save shots coming even from short distances, which mean little time to react. I'll try to compilate at least his best reflexes at least from this tournament and then update this post

Saves vs Almirante Brown:
Scaramuso
PSD Guru

Postby Scaramuso » 2014 Mar 17, 15:15

what did?
gotaa
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby gotaa » 2014 Mar 17, 23:40

Yeah, he's been quite unsecure lately with rebounds, as he doesn't give them the right direction (to the sides). Really doesn't deserve to have a yellow number in KS anymore I think. 76-78 would probably do it. On the other hands, I keep saying that his DEF could come just a bit lower while his Response better, as it's mainly his style. His last year on Youtube:
thor34
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby thor34 » 2014 Jun 30, 14:36

Welcome to River Plate

http://www.infobae.com/2014/06/29/1576870-una-buena-alternativa-barovero-chiarini-el-primer-refuerzo-del-river-gallardo
http://442.perfil.com/2014-06-27-291365 ... -chiarini/
Señores yo soy del Gallinero

Return to “Retired Players”