PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Eric Bailly

Postby PES Stats Database » 2015 Jun 09, 19:21

PIPA23
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Eric Bailly

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 May 11, 01:03

Villareal missed this guy against Liverpool, perhaps the best player in their home EL game against LFC...
Hostafler99
New Stat Maker

Postby Hostafler99 » 2016 Jun 08, 12:34

Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2016 Jun 08, 13:49

He's a fine player and all that, but seriously 40M Image
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2016 Jun 08, 15:26

He fails at concentrating a lot but...he's a good player. He's got some future.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Jun 08, 16:01

as said before he was outstanding aganst Liverpool in first lego of EL match between Villareal and LFC, and i think he was very missed for them at anfield.... could be a perfect signing for United, but i believe to expensive... football market is crazy... it is a big risk to splash money on him, and for him to work under Mourinho could be difficult...could be the second Zouma or Baba Rahman.... or he could develop to one of best, only time will tell
VReznoV
Regular Poster

Postby VReznoV » 2016 Jun 08, 20:21

United, they don't have their appeal as superclub anymore, they need 40M for a S-class seed, it's still seed
someone should burn Ballon d'Or trophy
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2016 Jun 08, 20:38

i have no faith in African defenders (no matter where they were born), moooost them are tactically inept, because obvioulsy when they are young, they are mostly stronger than their teammates, physically absolutely above them, so they completely rely on their physical abilities, rather than improving their footballing IQ and learning about some tactical things, i see that as a big problem of those players.

. Just look at Sakho, Mangala, Rami, Abdennour, Djilobodji... They are all responsive and players with good BB + TS combo, just like Bailly, but they are not the smartest defenders around. I am not too familiar with Bailly but he's obviously not a big exception. Imo he isn't the kind of Centre back that MUFC should buy, i think they need a smart CB with good teamwork, Blind is smart as hell, but his physical abilities are too shit to be a BPL CB, he would be maybe better in that position in Serie A i think, but... I really can't see Smalling - Bailly being succesful CB pair, that's my opinion.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Jun 08, 20:54

but what has Sakho´s football have to do with Africa, same Rami and Mangala? They are all born and raised in French..

that statemetn is kind of racist mate, don´t get me wrong :) as i think it does matter where they were born and raised football wise, because i imagine football academy´s in Europe are much better quality wise to prepeare young players than in Africa, i mean middle Africa..

besides you can see Kolo Toure being a legend in PL imo just from top of my head.. great player for years, no matter if he is from Africa or anywhere else...

Bailly was my man of the match against LFC, if he was fit for the second leg, maybe there would be Villareal - Sevilla final...
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2016 Jun 08, 21:24

PIPA23 wrote:but what has Sakho´s football have to do with Africa, same Rami and Mangala? They are all born and raised in French...

That's why i wrote "No matter where they were born". :D It's not racisct, i am just telling how i see things. It's due to their physcal characteristics.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2016 Jun 09, 03:14

I've seen very of him and not enough to be getting enthusiastic withe the signing as yet. From what little I have seen and read about he still seems very raw in a lot of areas and United are paying for the possible potential down the road. I'd be surprised if he was to go into the team as one of the main centre backs next season and think they'll gradually integrate him into the starting XL depending on how well he adapts to the BPL.

The fee is absurd, but United have themselves to blame with incompetent decisions since 2013 and with no CL they are going to have to pay over the odds for potential now rather than the finished article. One only has to look at the fee paid for Martial to see that. Anyway hopefully he can adjust and does well for himself, but only time will tell if they've got themselves an unpolished gem or not.
Gent Soc
New Stat Maker

Postby Gent Soc » 2016 Jun 12, 18:15

Relja wrote:i have no faith in African defenders (no matter where they were born)

Thuram? :lol: or Campbell? :D

Also Kompany.

They are all couldnt be included as tactically inept.

If Im not mistaken, even Desaily also couldnt be included as tactically inept though he could be aggresive sometimes.

I get ur point but imo it have more to say with the physical ability than race.
And thats not only happen to defenders.
If a player is very outstanding at one or more physical aspects, they tend to rely on it and (may) unconsciously neglect to improving himself at other aspects.
Thats why (for instance) we could also see a lot of lightning-fast, pacey, and wizard dribbleler who play at attacking position but tend to have low SA or a bit "brainless" at their play.
based on consistency and consequences.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2016 Jun 12, 18:29

Gent Soc wrote:
Relja wrote:i have no faith in African defenders (no matter where they were born)

Thuram? :lol: or Campbell? :D

Also Kompany.

They are all couldnt be included as tactically inept.

If Im not mistaken, even Desaily also couldnt be included as tactically inept though he could be aggresive sometimes.

I get ur point but imo it have more to say with the physical ability than race.
And thats not only happen to defenders.
If a player is very outstanding at one or more physical aspects, they tend to rely on it and (may) unconsciously neglect to improving himself at other aspects.
Thats why (for instance) we could also see a lot of lightning-fast, pacey, and wizard dribbleler who play at attacking position but tend to have low SA or a bit "brainless" at their play.

Yeah, ofcourse it's not the case with EVERY defender of african origin. Random example, it's like saying that most of Chilean players are small, they mostly are, but there is Pinilla who's quite tall, and Claudio Bravo who isn't small. Or, most of Slovakian players are technically crap, but there are Hamšik and Weiss... :lol:
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2016 Jul 22, 22:31

He is an absolutely fantastic technical footballer, can dribble and reminds me a lot of Rio, has the potential definitely, but still very raw. Really could be an incredible signing.
Rossa
New Stat Maker

Postby Rossa » 2016 Aug 01, 12:44

From what I've seen of him, he looks to be amazingly fast. He handled Aubameyang with ease on a couple of runs and even bested him. Not sure he needs an upgrade right away, but it's something that should be looked into. The same goes for BB.
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2016 Aug 20, 11:44

Early days but he looks much better than this, if he continues this form hell need a quite healthy upgrade. Could use a few changes already passing obviously buy speed and strength also
petreleo
PSD Elite

Postby petreleo » 2016 Aug 20, 21:57

BigStu wrote:Early days but he looks much better than this, if he continues this form hell need a quite healthy upgrade. Could use a few changes already passing obviously buy speed and strength also

Still early days, yeah... but this guy seems the real deal. 30 million pounds was his fee, and this is an absolute steal in today's market, where John Stones goes for 50 million and Benteke for 32!
If there has ever been a "fusion" between Ferdinand and Vidic, this guy sure is the one. He combines Nemanja's lower-body strength, passion and no-nonsense tackling with Rio Ferdinand's on-the-ball ability and confidence, as well as the pace he had during his pre-United career.

However, as a young player Bailly is, it is only natural that he will have one or two disadvantages or areas to improve on. In my eyes, although he is a confident on-the-ball player, sometimes he seems just too confident with his passing abilities and he tries some too optimistic forward passes that simply cannot be completed successfully, and sometimes he loses his calm in tricky situations when facing an opponent and he makes unnecessary dangerous sliding tackles that will only result in multiple yellow card(which, yes, he will receive because of his lack of experience), tackles that can easily be avoided and he might be better-off just closing-down and marking the opponent tightly and patiently and forcing him make the error, instead, and give the ball away, like Rio Ferdinand used to do, with his more "calm" and responsible way of defending.
New Stat Maker

Postby 420 » 2016 Aug 22, 11:06

I would wait some time before DEF and Resp update, but his passing, BB and TS are clearly much higher than this.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Aug 22, 15:43

He always looked much faster and stronger than this, I remember that match against Madrid when he played as RB, Ronaldo didn't beat him once, Bailly outpaced him and destroyed him in every physical duel.
New Stat Maker

Postby 420 » 2016 Sep 01, 15:58

3 times Man of the Match in his first 4 games for United. This guy is on fire

Return to “Manchester United FC”