Manchester United FC - discussion thread

Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Welbeck19, Jez, Brahms, Phil, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Manchester United FC - discussion thread

Postby PES Stats Database » 2013 Nov 29, 20:57

This is the kind of football United should be playing more often, They're better suited to quick intricate one touch passing rather than sitting back and being methodical. It's a pity they haven't played like this more often, because they can open up teams very quickly and produce great results as shown against Leverkusen.

Vranny
Seasoned Stat Maker

Re: Manchester United F.C. discussion thread

Postby Vranny » 2014 Apr 26, 00:36

Moyes is a fine enough manager, but he's just not a trophy winner and that kind of manager is obviously never going to work at United. Bottles it under pressure too often, which mostly accounted for late round cup games at Everton, but I'm sure it was more like every game for a team under the sort of scuritiny of Man Utd :P I'm very interested to see where his next job comes from and how he handles it in the near future though.
Everton F.C.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 Apr 26, 03:26

I think if Moyes was to take over a team who are nearly always around 7th-12th (for example Newcastle), then he could do a good job with them and improving them in his own way. However he is not a manager for a top level team as he doesn't seem to have the right mentality and is far too defensive and would much rather contain the opposition than enforce his own teams strengths on them. He never really gave any confidence either and his attitude was almost defeatist, with practically every press conference or interview he gave it was always "try" and "hope" or saying that the team had to aspire to be at City's level. Whereas the same team minus Mata and that waste of £28 million had won the league by eleven points or so the previous season. In comparison Giggs yesterday was saying about getting the team back to playing attack minded football with players actually taking the opposition on and using the best strengths of the team instead of focusing on the weakness of others.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 May 02, 19:58

What a goal by Andreas Pereira.Scores just before half time against Liverpool in the U21's Premier League semi final.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/36C32C3B ... hsC.1FO_vB
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 May 03, 10:37

Highlights of Andreas Pereira's performance against Liverpool last night.He usually operates as the No 10 linking plays together with his trickery and passing game, but yesterday he was deployed as a winger and done a far better job than I expected him to. He has no issue with tracking back and helping out his defense, which seems to be what a lot of fans and managers want in players nowadays.He's still very inconsistent, but that's understandable at that age and it#s clear to see he's someone who's extremely talented and can offer something different to the first team when and if he gets his chance. With United being heavily linked to Van Gaal and his record for bringing through youth players it wouldn't surprise me at all if he looked at Pereira,Wilson and Ben Pearson . Although if he can get a loan next year it will benefit him in a big way as well.

Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 May 06, 19:39

James Wilson scores on his debut for Manchester United.

Tom Lawrence is also making his debut tonight as well.

Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 May 06, 20:44

Two goals on his debut for James Wilson, not a bad way to introduce yourself.

BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2014 May 06, 22:51

and in 1 game gets more goals than nani, cleverly, fellaini and carrick have this season.....
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby vinnie » 2014 May 20, 01:48

Louis Van Gaal is officially appointed as the new Manchester United manager.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featu ... nager.aspx

Giggs will be the assistant manager.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
Korinov
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Korinov » 2014 May 20, 09:34

You never positive, always negative.

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 Jul 11, 10:27

Really hope this guy gets to go on the pre season tour, he's been great for the U18's,U19's and U21's this season. From what I've watched of him his main strengths are he's a natural finisher and can operate as a poacher as well as someone who can get past defenders with his raw pace, although I'd say his acceleration is a bit higher than his top speed(I'd rate his acceleration at a high yellow-borderline orange wheras what I've seen of his top speed I'd rate that around mid yellows). I'd rate his DA over his BC from what I've watched as well, his first touch isn't bad but it's not spectacular and sometimes it lets him down.
pcrooce
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby pcrooce » 2014 Jul 11, 18:20

Seems like Di María is joining Man Utd for $150.000 per week. If it's completed it would be a pretty good deal for Utd taking a very good in-form Ángel.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 Jul 11, 22:38

I wouldn't read too much into any reports of Di Maria moving to United, especially when the original source (The Metro) are one of the most unreliable and untrustworthy papers you can get in regards to transfers. Unless the BBC,Skysports or one of the journalist who have close connections in United (James Ducker of The Times or Andy Mitten for example) say anything then it's just speculation made to sell papers.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 Jul 30, 00:26

Lovely passing move by United. A goal would have capped it off, but it's a stark contrast to the mundane,predictable and awful game play under Moyes last season. Yes it's only pre season, but already there's an air of confidence and belief compared to what was endured last year. Still a long way to go before it clicks properly though.
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/51DBB0AC ... RpL4YwHy.n
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 Aug 04, 13:39

It's only pre season and in the long run that doesn't matter much, but the difference in United with Van Gaal only being there a month is staggering, especially compared to last year when they could barely beat teams well below their level. They're no longer sitting back and hoping to play long or play aimlessly around the middle of the park with no end product apart from hoofing it out to the right wing. Now there is a purpose to the passing and their attacks are far more varied. Yes they still use wing play on occasion, but now more attacks are focused through players like Mata and Herrera and the team isn't as predictable and boring as they were last year. Players who many thought who'd be on their way out have a new lease of life under Van Gaal, take for example Ashley Young, he's done exceptionally well in the wing-back role and looks to have some confidence back in his game. Darren Fletcher has been superb IMO along with Herrera in midfield, dictating play ,getting forward to support attacks and breaking up attacks when needed. Of course there's players who can't be helped such as Valencia who's uselessness knows no limits and still can't cross to save his life. I would say his defense contribution is his saving grace, but with his temperament he'll easily lash out at some point. Cleveley is another one who hasn't shown any improvement, he's had decent spells in games, but everything drops a level once he comes on and he's caught out far too often by taking too much time on the ball instead of keeping the flow of the game going.Obviousy United still need to strengthen, but apart from a few individuals the team is no where near as bad as they were put out to be last year and suffered under a manager who was well out of his depth and shouldn't have been anywhere near getting the role.

Some nice moments from pre season so far.
Spoiler: show
CR7
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby CR7 » 2014 Sep 01, 17:33

Sold Kagawa and looking like Welbeck as well. I already hate van Gaal.
People gon' be people. They gon' lie, they gon' cheat, they gon' steal, but as long you get yours, you keep it moving.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 Sep 01, 23:54

CR7 wrote:Sold Kagawa and looking like Welbeck as well. I already hate van Gaal.

Kagawa was never going to get any game time, his fate was decided when he couldn't be converted to a number 6. Welbeck wasn't going to get ahead of RVP or Rooney and with the likely incoming of someone like Falcao and James Wilson being promoted to the first team he was wasting another year on the wings.Personally I think Arsenal is a great move for both parties, Welbeck now gets the chance at first team football and Arsenal have someone other than Sanogo or Alexis who should work better in their system than he did for United. At least unlike that greedy cunt Cleverley they knew their future was away from here and actually put the careers ahead of being mercenaries. It's a pity that it didn't work out for them, especially Kagawa who was screwed when RVP came in as the original intention was to play him behind Rooney and unfortunately that never happened and when he did get the chance it wasn't for a consecutive run. Bringing in Mata was just the nail in the coffin. On the plus side this is easily the most exciting transfer window I can remember, for the first time in years United truly flexed their financial muscle (through necessity) and showed they can still get the big players in. Shaw and Herrera are two excellent additions that will improve the squad once they are fit and Blind's versatility and ability as a defensive midfielder is something the club have been crying out for since Keane left.I'm not saying he'll be anywhere near that level, but he's a massive improvement in what we have in that role.With Carrick getting up there and Fletcher being nowhere near the player he once was due to his illness.Plus who would have thought that Di Maria would end up as a United player at the start of the summer, then to add to that the news that someone of the caliber of Falcao was on his way after nothing on it all summer is just insane
CR7
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby CR7 » 2014 Sep 02, 00:12

Even more pissed now that it looks like he's sold Mike Keane as well.
People gon' be people. They gon' lie, they gon' cheat, they gon' steal, but as long you get yours, you keep it moving.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2014 Sep 02, 00:37

Keane is a loan deal not a permanent one.
PanajotPano
New Stat Maker

Postby PanajotPano » 2014 Sep 02, 10:42

I'm glad we loaned most of the young players, no point in keeping them in the squad with the likes of Shrek, Di Maria, Shrek and Falcao.
How to upgrade your mate. Use the following equation ; m7 + mate = m8
Dallku scores a 63 yard volley, stunning everyone and giving Albania their 4th WC in two years, much to the Guatemalans shock, who miss yet another WC final. -My dream.
Image<- I also stole this.

Return to “Manchester United FC”