James Milner

Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Brahms, Phil, Welbeck19, Jez, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

James Milner

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:06

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jan 26, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
Vandeach
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: James MILNER

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Dec 18, 16:53

devileh wrote:Update his fargin' FKA, ST,LPS, SP and add maybe add *Long Ranger/Middleshooting, seeing as how he's beginning to shoot from distance alot lately.
Seriously his SP is insane, have you seen his driven FKs? I'm pretty sure his hardest shots are among the most scorching in the EPL, and his driven crosses have some serious guts behind them.

Things that, IMO, definitely need doing:
FKA could easily be on par with Craig Gardner and Morten Gamst Pedersen at 82.

His LPS is atleast at the same level as Bentley and maybe even Lampard at 86/87.

Milner's shots are very comparable to the rock hard shots of mr. Matty Taylor, and could in all honesty be around Taylor's mark of 89.

His ability to keep his shots down are at least on par with Carew and Ballack. (82).

You can also add CMF to his positions, as he often plays this role, and even add SB as optional, as he has played right back some this last year.

No bias in there at all then. :P

I agree on his FKA and a slight raise in LPS but not to you're value, his crosses can be hit with some ferocity, but he doesn't do it as consistently as the two you mentioned. In fact, his LPS is more of an 83/84 than the values you mentioned. His shooting is nowhere near as powerful as Matty Taylor, come on. This man can regularly smack in shots from 40 odd yards, and his power when shooting is immense, and whilst Milner can certainly fire some bullets, his SP is more akin to an 84 than an 89. His ST should be around a 79, too.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
deity86

Postby deity86 » 2009 Dec 18, 16:57

GoonerLover66 wrote:
deity86 wrote:Could his Stamina not come up? The guy has a fantastic engine on him, he's like the Energizer bunny constantly working up and down the flanks showing little sign of fatigue in the latter part of matches.

Definitely, an 88/89 would be suited to Milner

Hang on, my suggestions that I made on the last post are in the first post but I was told that I went too far in my values and was derised? What kind of crazy-arse approval is that?!
And that ^^ ;)
Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
MotherHen
Regular Poster

Postby MotherHen » 2009 Dec 20, 00:16

Yep. I think we need to add CM to his position's.

It appears he be stuck there now since O Neill is playing Young & Downing on the wings.
WHUfan
Regular Poster

Postby WHUfan » 2010 Feb 14, 11:08

Why does he still not have CM?
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2010 Feb 14, 11:26

He does now. ;)
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
deity86

Postby deity86 » 2010 Feb 14, 11:45

+ 88/89 for Stamina + P09 - Early Cross, P10 - Box to Box and P12 - Incisive Run? ;)
Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
WHUfan
Regular Poster

Postby WHUfan » 2010 Feb 14, 11:53

deity86 wrote:P12 - Incisive Run? ;)

Doesn't he usually prefer to go outside his marker when playing RMF? I agree he cuts inside if playing on the left side but that doesn't tend to happen very often and if we give him the card just for when he plays on the left then will he not be too inclined to cut in from the right onto his left foot when he plays RMF rather than go outside his man and cross?
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2010 Feb 14, 11:58

he cuts more onto his right foot, but he still cuts onto his left and, the lower wff might deter the ingame milner from doing it as much?
deity86

Postby deity86 » 2010 Mar 09, 00:33

Updated Stamina and added Early Cross + Box to Box. I left out Incisive Run for the moment though he does seem to do both, he does take his man on down the outside but also cuts in. If we're playing a percentage game then more often than not he probably would go on the outside of his man as opposed to cutting in.

Any thoughts on LPA: 82, LPS: 84? He really does whip in his crosses and with a good degree of accuracy, he's not always the most consistent but he's very effective.

Also couldn't his short passing use a general tweak? He's quite capable of playing some nice incisive passes along the ground which are often nicely weighted. I don't think he's got the same sort of range in his short passing than his long but he's more than capable of threading a ball through tight spaces. Personally I'd say moreso than the likes of Downing and Lennon who he's currently level with (in terms of SPA). I'd say it's more his SPS and vision than anything so something like SPA: 76/77, SPS: 79 maybe?

FKA was mentioned before, I'd personally put it on an 80. It's a combination of SP and Curling which makes him dangerous rather than just pure accuracy, that's not to say he's lacking in that department.

I honestly feel we could bump his Mentality up by 1 to an 85 also ;)

Consistency surely needs to be raised, he's a highly consistent performer nowadays regardless of what position he's asked to play in. Due to his excellent work ethic he rarely has a bad game, maybe not always effective but solid. Could be a 6, probably even a 7
WHUfan
Regular Poster

Postby WHUfan » 2010 Apr 10, 17:28

Could he not have P17 - Free Roaming? When he plays CM with Petrov he really does seem to get just about everywhere on the pitch while Petrov keeps his discipline
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2010 Apr 10, 18:16

Yes he should have, it anyway another good perofrmence by him, shame he was on the losing side, they deserved to win it, they should have had the penalty and terry should have been sent off...
donandresiniesta
New Stat Maker

Postby donandresiniesta » 2010 Apr 11, 18:57

WHUfan wrote:Could he not have P17 - Free Roaming? When he plays CM with Petrov he really does seem to get just about everywhere on the pitch while Petrov keeps his discipline

But then if he's played as SMF, he will tend to go upfield a lot, behind the striker, instead of staying on the wings and delivering the quality crosses...
"Football is simple. But the hardest thing is to play simple football."

"Before I make a mistake, I see it coming and then don’t make it, I don’t make a lot of mistakes, because it’s hard for me to be wrong…"
WHUfan
Regular Poster

Postby WHUfan » 2010 Apr 11, 19:39

donandresiniesta wrote:
WHUfan wrote:Could he not have P17 - Free Roaming? When he plays CM with Petrov he really does seem to get just about everywhere on the pitch while Petrov keeps his discipline

But then if he's played as SMF, he will tend to go upfield a lot, behind the striker, instead of staying on the wings and delivering the quality crosses...

Yes, but when he plays SMF you can just turn the card off
Jez

Postby Jez » 2010 May 01, 20:14

He deserves an overall update. Deitys post above seems to contain some good suggestions. I think he'd get in most peoples team of the year and he's now been officially recognised as the leagues best young player
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby Jez » 2010 May 10, 22:48

Would there be any objections to me posting up an update in the coming days?

deity86

Postby deity86 » 2010 May 10, 22:55

Yes, I object strongly!

I wouldn't mind taking a peek before hand (at the set) ;)
Jez

Postby Jez » 2010 May 10, 22:58

Cool beans mate. I'll PM you with them when I've done ;)

deity86

Postby deity86 » 2010 May 10, 23:06

Mmmmm, beans.
Jez

Postby Jez » 2010 May 10, 23:29

Steady now..

BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2010 May 11, 15:27

Look forward to it, I was considering doing my own but now I don't have to bother and your'll do a better job a explaning the stats

Return to “Liverpool FC”