PSD Backbone

Mohamed Salah

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Jul 14, 14:32

Full Name: Mohamed Salah Ghaly

Rex
Regular Poster

Re: Mohamed Salah

Postby Rex » 2017 Dec 20, 13:36

Ocrin wrote:His very aggressive playstyle (in terms of positioning) makes me think of him as a "wide striker", kinda like Ronaldo. A winger who's extremely prone to cut inside with and without the ball and position himself in the box to finish chances.

Not sure which position works best for him to emulate that IG, haven't done any testing with him but I'd say SS.

Defo an SS, WF's are playing more wide IG, while second strikers are playing narrowly and they attack the space between a SB and CB.
Relja's not dead
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2017 Dec 20, 23:33

I’m also very shocked over the passing downgrade
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Dec 21, 00:35

It's a little too harsh? That was my intention, as Salah is really limited. You see his set and see this all round, playmaking, mazy dribbler... a guy who can do it all, but if he can, he really doesn't. His play is really focused around agressively attacking space and being there for the team. His on the ball contribution is very simplistic, very basic. As vinnie pointed out about his dribbling, he can't really take people on at speed, he needs space, when he has to take on people in more congested areas, he slows down immensely, hes got good DA in these situations, but outside of that, he can't maintain it. So although he should be a monster at attacking players with the ball at his feet, he isn't and needs to be limited, maybe even further?

I feel similarly about his passing, his passing is mostly touch and go, he does have some nice ideas, and even nice passes on occasion, but he fails on making simple connecting passes quite often, actually far too often, weighting them wrong or hitting them off at an awkward angle. It limits him and makes his ability to play free-flowing football, rather beneath what this set implied. That 80 spa... that should be a complete anomaly among wingers, high tier passers who regularly play incisive passes, or who can even start to dictate from the wing. That just isn't Salah, even if he can be incisive, he does struggle with accuracy.

With these updates, I really wanted to make his play more focused, less all round, limiting what he can do with the ball for creation, making him much more of a touch and go sort of player, while further pronouncing his off the ball game, and sharpness inside the box.

If the value is too harsh, we can certainly discuss raising it a little. However, I'm pretty adamant about it not rising too much for the aforementioned reasons.
Rex
Regular Poster

Postby Rex » 2017 Dec 21, 00:35

Why would Salah need passing that high Stu, with all honest respect? In my opinion, aggression update is spot on, as combined with other stats and special abilities really indicate how superb is his line breaking. With yellow passing he'd be way too all rounded and overpowered in terms of attacking solutions IG. I rate Salah so highly, but this set is better.
Relja's not dead
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2017 Dec 21, 10:15

I get now what you aiming at, especially now I've actually looked at the ladders, still I would have him on a green at least, he can pass unlike a lot of the wingers on whites, I'd lower SPS to whites though. Otherwise good update.

Have to look at that ladder as well, perhaps a good number are on green unnecessarily, though there are only 2 wingers on yellows so least that is fine
Nrby
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Nrby » 2017 Dec 21, 11:05

I personally am a bit out of touch with how attack works these days ... but that's the only stats I feel he could be higher

He really does get in between defenders well ... he's not just a touchline player ... and considering how often he finds himself in 1-1 situations (that he misses way too often for my taste) + off-sides are rare-ish for him with his style of play I can only put that down to speed of course but in combination with well timed runs and a good starting position to begin with
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Dec 21, 19:21

Yeah, hes playing like a high 80's sort of player, though perhaps we should wait awhile to up it further to see if he can maintain it? I'm not sure though, hes probably shown hes warranting far higher, even if he doesn't maintain his current, he should still end up higher than 85.
Flash Boy
PSD Youth League

Postby Flash Boy » 2017 Dec 28, 09:10

The passing downgrade is really so harsh
Salah has a good accuarcy at passes but it lacks speed .. He's easily on 78-80 for both Spa , Lpa
But seriously 73?? i This can't be the guy who creates chances in our National Team
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Jan 15, 17:07

I'd like to point out he's surprisingly strong, that's something that really caught my eye almost every time I saw him in a duel. He's really good at resisting physical pressure and doesn't often lose balance. Something like 81 BB, 87-88 BC and 74 PC in my opinion.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Yana
New Contributor

Postby Yana » 2018 Feb 25, 03:06

Ocrin wrote:I'd like to point out he's surprisingly strong, that's something that really caught my eye almost every time I saw him in a duel. He's really good at resisting physical pressure and doesn't often lose balance. Something like 81 BB, 87-88 BC and 74 PC in my opinion.

Iam agree for Balance. Around 81 to 82. He could duel strong defender...
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby vinnie » 2018 Mar 01, 00:00

yeah i'm shocked to agree with the suggestions for a BB increase.

i always thought Salah's BB was underrated, but when he first arrived i saw Mane as a bit ahead of Salah, enough to deserve a 2-3 point gap.

but what Salah has done in the last 3 monthes is absolutely incredible. The way he turned Maguire in that goal he scored at leicester shocked me, because Maguire is a genuine orange BB. i wondered if Maguire had an injury problem and that maybe there was a weird flukey casee of awkward leverage when going up against a much shorter but still solid player like Salah that occaisonally occurs in match ups of such size discrepancy but Salah was also solidly holding his own in other minor shoulder to shoulder situations.

and only a week or two later Aguero couldn't do the same things physically against Maguire that Salah was doing. Against Cahill Salah had a similar advantage in various physical duels. i'm not sure what value Salah deserves, but it looks like possibly 83 or so based on the last few weeks.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
Phil
Valued Contributor

Postby Phil » 2018 Mar 10, 16:35

I have been impressed with his first touch in recent weeks, he can sometimes look a little sloppy but he has been killing really difficult balls dead quite regularly from what I have seen.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Mar 10, 19:23

Yeah, his DA isn't anything to write home about, usually very minimal, but his tech is pretty outstanding... seen some really crazy traps from him, and pretty consistent. At least 85.
lfc 4 eva
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2018 Mar 15, 19:39

Agree on tech raise, other than that I think the set is close to perfect. Only other issue is possibly stamina could get a slight bump up but I'm not unduly concerned with 85.
tomitos
New Stat Maker

Postby tomitos » 2018 Mar 16, 13:52

He received an update on BB but his related stats of PES 17 remain the same. Maybe an update in physical contact?
Yazid
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Yazid » 2018 Mar 17, 19:27

4 goals today, what a machine.
AAlvin
New Contributor

Postby AAlvin » 2018 Mar 17, 19:30

4goals and 1 assist today, what a signing
Flash Boy
PSD Youth League

Postby Flash Boy » 2018 Mar 17, 22:54

4 goals ahead in golden boot race
PL top scorer (6 goals away from all time top scorer of a single season with 7 games left)
led Egypt to world cup after 30 years of failing to qualify
Ronaldo and messi will have a tough competition for ballon d'or this year
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Mar 18, 01:12

His balance is absolutely absurd, it's staggering how this guy is always on his feet no matter what happens around him.
You could send your whole squad of 185cm+ defenders shoulder barge him and he would still stay on his feet and pull off a shot.

This coupled with his scoring instinct, confidence and speed is just ridiculous.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
AAlvin
New Contributor

Postby AAlvin » 2018 Mar 18, 02:14

Apart from speed, I think his best skills is his responsiveness, he's just so fast to react very fast like ronaldo, (a bonafide poacher) his aggression should be in reds already

He sucks at dribbling, for me, but how he gets past 4 or 5 defenders is just stunning, might be body balance or agility?just cant firgure out

Return to “Liverpool FC”