PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Virgil van Dijk

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Sep 14, 06:47

lfc 4 eva
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Virgil van Dijk

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2019 Sep 03, 15:19

Realistically his pace should probably be in the high 80s or even 90s. He was recorded as the quickest player in the CL last season and you can see the evidence in games such as when he kept up with Adama and in that sprint against Barcelona where he absolutely blows past Alba https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqWuFdQdjkc&t=110s

Would probably make him too OP in game though
Dío
New Contributor

Postby Dío » 2019 Sep 03, 15:52

lfc 4 eva wrote:Realistically his pace should probably be in the high 80s or even 90s. He was recorded as the quickest player in the CL last season and you can see the evidence in games such as when he kept up with Adama and in that sprint against Barcelona where he absolutely blows past Alba https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqWuFdQdjkc&t=110s

Clearly alba isn't running at his fastest speed, just look at Suarez on the left who maintain the same pace as him
lfc 4 eva
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2019 Sep 03, 18:22

True. Some more evidence here also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... YXuhr5xKHs

He definitely looks quicker than 84.
anOKguy
PSD Elite

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Sep 04, 01:29

lfc 4 eva wrote:Realistically his pace should probably be in the high 80s or even 90s. He was recorded as the quickest player in the CL last season and you can see the evidence in games such as when he kept up with Adama and in that sprint against Barcelona where he absolutely blows past Alba https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqWuFdQdjkc&t=110s

We don’t rate off of how it would make a player in game anymore since there is too much variation between games and we are now shifting towards stats to portray and rate players in real life. A few people have said similar things about VVD, and I have seen him be very fast myself. Thank you for posting about it so we can start the discussion on it again, just wanted to also leave that note about not rating with how they play in game as well 8-)
New Stat Maker

Postby 420 » 2019 Sep 04, 07:55

[/quote]
Clearly alba isn't running at his fastest speed, just look at Suarez on the left who maintain the same pace as him[/quote]

And it doesnt even look like suarez is at ful pace.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Sep 04, 17:48

Those videos are bad examples imo, but we know hes fast, the question is how fast and how do we want to rate him. Like Oklahomastate010 stated, we aren't using the game to limit our ratings anymore, but we do still have some caveats still, and the main critertia is how often do you see their top speed, and what is their average speed. I don't think you see VVD above 85 much, but I'm sure he can take higher at the same time, it's just a question of how strong we want to make him.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Sep 16, 18:28

Kim wrote:
jurgens wrote:Hahaha, as soon as I saw that on reddit I thought to myself kims defintly gonna post that :lol:, I wish you would have posted some of the contexts from the thread though, cause it's really misleading.

But what it actually shows is something very interesting, it's how much the EPL has changed, for example, martin Laureensen has 739! clearances in 2007 and the highest this year is Nathan Ake with 227, top CB's have something close to or over 1k more passes etc

But statistics aside, the game is completely different. Teams defend as a unit, liverpools CF does basically as much defensive work as any midfielder the ball is won, or pressured away before it ever reaches the CB's. Play is initiated and often orchestrated by the CB's now, there is much, much less hoofball ( I used to find the EPL embarrassing to watch because of this), far more possession orientated, less about "end ta end stuff", much more team structure, attacks are in general more cerebral, less reliance on wing play and poachers, and even destroyers.

Also, one thing that maybe brings other things into question; united conceded 24 for that season, not 16.

The game didn't changed that much since 10 years.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/statu ... 7848025094

This vid remined me of this post. Imagine seeing this from a team like Norwich 10 years ago, lol.
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Sep 18, 14:22

Dude! 91 jump!!!. When did this happen? He's not more than 86-87.
lito5
New Stat Maker

Postby lito5 » 2019 Sep 18, 14:42

why not? If you have seen the headlines of him with Holland, and many high-rise jumps that he gives in club, you should pay more attention to those details, he is a great jumper, although he is not always forced to use it because of its size but when it jumps to the fullest reaches the height of the upper crossbar
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Sep 18, 15:20

I have seen his full jumps quite often. I'm not saying he's not a great jumper, I am suggesting 87 which is quite high itself but oranges? Na.
anOKguy
PSD Elite

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Sep 29, 17:06

Look at this pass from him here
Viyut
Regular Poster

Postby Viyut » 2019 Oct 04, 23:05

As imperious as he is in all other areas, his aerial game is quite... unspectacular. I have my doubts about orange jumping as well.
The goalkeeper isn't another one, he is THE number one!
OlympiaCore
PSD Youth League

Postby OlympiaCore » 2019 Oct 05, 16:38

People seem very generous nowadays, a 95 defender will never ever make the kind of coverage mistakes like the one he did today and in the past few matches, okay let's say he's 95 so Nesta and Cannavaro will easily be 105 but unfortunately such rating does not exist..
Van Dijk, for me is a really overrated defender, not because he's so good. he is really good, but he is overrated because we're in an era where great defenders are rare to non existent..
A 93 defence is more than fair rating, response is also questionable.
Jump is way off, not even close to what he really is. I can't give an exact rating but he's mid to below mid 80's
Last edited by OlympiaCore on 2019 Oct 25, 09:40, edited 2 times in total.
anOKguy
PSD Elite

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Oct 05, 17:07

Viyut wrote:As imperious as he is in all other areas, his aerial game is quite... unspectacular. I have my doubts about orange jumping as well.

You're not the only one. It is something where he is mostly huge and super strong I think and there might only be one or two times I have seen truly top notch leaps from him. If we compare him to Ake, I think Ake has a more impressive jump on him. Seems the vast majority find the orange a bit much for his displays. He is certainly good at it, but I don't think to this level.
OlympiaCore
PSD Youth League

Postby OlympiaCore » 2019 Oct 05, 18:24

OlympiaCore wrote:People seem very generous nowadays, a 95 defender will never ever make the kind of coverage mistakes like the one he did today and in the past few matches, okay let's say he's 95 so Nesta and Cannavaro will easily be 105 but unfortunately such rating does not exist..
Van Dijk, for me is a really overrated defender, not because he's so good. he is really good, but he is overrated because we're in an era where great defenders are rare to non existent..
A 93 defence is more than fair rating, response is also questionable.
Jump is way off, not even close to what he really is. I can't give an exact rating but he's mid to below mid.

After little further analysis, I came to final suggestions:
Def 94
Jump 84
For the newer PES versions
DEF 94
BW 91

Return to “Liverpool FC”