PSD Guru

Re: Tom Davies

Postby BigStu » 2017 Oct 25, 16:53

pretty bold move to give him 87 DA
anOKguy
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby anOKguy » 2019 May 16, 01:06

I only remember him playing good against Huddersfield this season, which is far from a metric of success. I’ll go back and watch more on him to see if he needs some tweaks. Very underwhelming in all other games and largely invisible. Simple recycling of balls and no breaking runs like he had when he first broke into the team
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2019 May 16, 01:39

Oklahomastate010 wrote:I only remember him playing good against Huddersfield this season, which is far from a metric of success. I’ll go back and watch more on him to see if he needs some tweaks. Very underwhelming in all other games and largely invisible. Simple recycling of balls and no breaking runs like he had when he first broke into the team

I can remember some nice ball traps and short-distance dribbling from him, as well as some relatively good mentality in terms of effort and competitiveness in relation to his not exactly great size.
Other than that, I cannot recall anything magnificent from him. In the matches I have watched him, he hasn't made a great difference either in Attack or Defence (but yeah he is an ATT>DEF player), and his performance pretty much depended on the team overall. His passing in particular I found it pretty basic, often just circulating possession around. When Everton were making great performances, he was also positive on the field, but much less so when Everton were struggling.
Looks like a standard Everton player who I can easily see staying there for the big majority of his career, and far off the early expectations for him becoming like Rooney, when he broke into the 1st-team at 18. Maybe he is a "Barkley-case": clearly talented but also had his struggles. He is somebody who could have followed the recent trend of moving to Bundesliga, prove his worth and then look for a transfer to the elite. I believe that he is the sort of a player who could have made an impact in Bundesliga, but I think he is too much of an "Everton man" to give up his dream there (in some matches their captain already!).
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 May 24, 01:53

petreleo wrote:
Oklahomastate010 wrote:I only remember him playing good against Huddersfield this season, which is far from a metric of success. I’ll go back and watch more on him to see if he needs some tweaks. Very underwhelming in all other games and largely invisible. Simple recycling of balls and no breaking runs like he had when he first broke into the team

I can remember some nice ball traps and short-distance dribbling from him, as well as some relatively good mentality in terms of effort and competitiveness in relation to his not exactly great size.
Other than that, I cannot recall anything magnificent from him. In the matches I have watched him, he hasn't made a great difference either in Attack or Defence (but yeah he is an ATT>DEF player), and his performance pretty much depended on the team overall. His passing in particular I found it pretty basic, often just circulating possession around. When Everton were making great performances, he was also positive on the field, but much less so when Everton were struggling.
Looks like a standard Everton player who I can easily see staying there for the big majority of his career, and far off the early expectations for him becoming like Rooney, when he broke into the 1st-team at 18. Maybe he is a "Barkley-case": clearly talented but also had his struggles. He is somebody who could have followed the recent trend of moving to Bundesliga, prove his worth and then look for a transfer to the elite. I believe that he is the sort of a player who could have made an impact in Bundesliga, but I think he is too much of an "Everton man" to give up his dream there (in some matches their captain already!).

Great take, yeah I got the chance to watch some more of him and he’s really a simple simple simple passer of the ball. He’s reserved and not playing incisive balls or ever really probing. Defensively I like the current value as he presses but like his impact is really minimal and I’ve noticed Gomes above him now, who probably needs an update to 62 or so. His DA always looked a bit high as Stu had pointed out when the set was made and still looks high. He can be tidy with the ball and do little dribbles, but not too much really. Can carry past a few pressing defenders, but doesn’t set out to take players on so much. Buli would suit him where he can make use of the space and that would probably better suit his game, but yeah seems an Everton lad through and through. Even before the lockdown he looks like he was banned from a barber for about a year, so really fearing what he will look like when football resumes in England. As a part of a double pivot he can be tidy, but needs a lot more defensive help next to him to be effective and not leave the defense unprotected.
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 May 27, 00:45

DA: 84
SPA: 78
SPS: 77
LPA: 78
LPS: 74
Response: 75

These are my pretty small and recommended changes for him to follow up with the last post
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Jul 16, 23:37

Looking even worse defensively now. He gets passed so easily and the closest thing he does is just dropping deeper. Doesn’t engage, doesn’t do anything really. Huge problem in the midfield for them.

Return to “Everton FC”