Real Madrid Rejects All Stars

Moderators: lucashag, Adrien, Albo7, Korinov, Brezza, jurgens

Forum rules
Jez
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Real Madrid Rejects All Stars

Postby Jez » 2012 May 07, 18:01

Why is Roberto Carlos there? Or am I missing the point of this team...
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2012 May 07, 18:12

hes kinda an excption. Technically he was rejected and cast out when he was still in great form, and he was still great for another two/three seasons and they only now... 5 seasons after have someone who would be a better choice in the role. Mainly hes there to make the role work, but he can be in there imo. He was much better than his replacments for many years.
Kerry

Postby Kerry » 2012 May 07, 18:20

I don't support the idea of putting Carlos and Figo. If you reviewed their times with Madrid, they were both a significant part of the team, and showed a lot more with the Blancos than any other teams they went to. They certainly played great football with Fenerbahçe (Carlos) and Inter (Figo), but what they've shown with Madrid was memorable at the least. Same with Raul, unless if I've misunderstood the idea of this particular all star team. If Roberto Carlos is in this team for that reason, then I don't see why not Beckham is in the team.

Hagi didn't get the true chance to show his real ability; coming from the Romanian league, he had a lot of class that time. I guess the manager that time didn't use him the right way to exploit his true talent. He played very well at the end of his career with Galatasaray.
mracho wrote: Well, then he/she was an idiom with a T at the end.

Farés L'arrogante Image
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2012 May 07, 18:34

If you reviewed their times with Madrid, they were both a significant part of the team, and showed a lot more with the Blancos than any other teams they went to.

The same can be said about Makelele, yet as they were, he was cast aside. Deemed not good enough for madrid. As was Figo... figo became the target of so much hate and let him go for free to inter. He was rejected as were Makelel/Roberto Carlos... and they all played great at their next clubs, and were better than the replacements real madrid got for them. Figo became a legend at inter to such a degree that he was given a important place on their staff.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2012 May 07, 18:46

I think you can say that these players are players Real Madrid regret letting go. They are players that ultimately caused RM more harm then good by their release. Eto'o? He was top scorer for BARCA for years. Sneijder and Robben eventually progressed farther then RM ever did, VDV showed real value at tottenham, Cassano overcame his bad-boy attitude, The RM players begged for Makelele to stay but RM released him anyways and he went on to backstop Chelsea. Only for keepers is there really no rejection question, because none of them could have overtook Casillas and were worthy deserving starters for almost any other team.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
Kerry

Postby Kerry » 2012 Jul 15, 21:50

Any idea about including the Atlético Madrid right-back Juanfran? He only played 6 games (according to Wikipedia, so it might be inaccurate) with the first team in two years, and then became a mainstay player for Osasuna and currently Atléti.

Farés L'arrogante Image
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2012 Jul 15, 22:49

Makelele wasn't rejected... he just asked for a higher (a much higher) salary and the club didn't feel like it... you could argue they should have paid, yes, but they didn't really reject him. And as I already said months earlier, Figo's level of performances dropped significatively after his first two seasons.

Caminero should also be added to the list BTW.

Edit: Panucci's case was much more blatant, he was one hell of a SB in the late 90s, he could also play as CB... completely stupid to let him go. Ok, they signed Salgado to replace him, but still.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2012 Oct 23, 00:20

Not sure to what extent Roberto Carlos deserves to be in this list... he was in absolute decline when he left, and pretty much everyone (club, supporters and player) thought it was a good decision to part ways.

I'll be adding Caminero... plus Morientes and Owen. Can't believe we forgot about those two... Morientes is pretty much THE reject in the early 00s. Never understood why they were so so adamant in getting rid of him.
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Kerry

Postby Kerry » 2013 Apr 15, 11:44

So, is Diego López a reject now? :lol:

Farés L'arrogante Image
StannisTheMannis
Valued Contributor

Postby StannisTheMannis » 2013 Sep 20, 13:46

Özil should be here now.
"Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."
BelloMina
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby BelloMina » 2014 Oct 01, 00:56

Emanuel Adebayor maybe?

Does Diego López still count?
Cantaré... cantaré cada Domingooo.... Vivirás... dentro de mi Corazooonn Image Image
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2014 Oct 01, 02:36

not adebayor, diego lopez... I dunno?
Di maria however would make a fine addtion
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2014 Oct 01, 06:48

How was Adebayor a reject? He was a half a season loan and only because they lacked strikers and the little they had were injured.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2014 Oct 01, 09:57

Diego López is now twice a reject.

I guess Di María could get on the list as well.
Homem-Man
New Contributor

Postby Homem-Man » 2017 Mar 12, 04:03

Zé Roberto, Kaká, Oezil, DiMaría, Xabi Alonso...
Ryuu
PSD Youth League

Postby Ryuu » 2017 Sep 24, 02:25

Juanfran could make the list too
SEMETON DEWATA

Return to “Other All Star Teams”