The always exciting Super League thread ;) ;)

Moderators: bitz, Houy, stavrello7, Mod's

Houy
PSD Elite

The always exciting Super League thread ;) ;)

Postby Houy » 2017 Jan 18, 20:14

So this is a thread for chatting about our league where all sorts of interesting magical things happen.To our elusive Greek members,plz feel free to join the discussion.

*All credit for the name of the thread goes to Fides for his Eredivisie thread,although i don't know if it was meant to be as ironic.
*You can't blame me for trying ;)

Houy
PSD Elite

Re: The always exciting Super League thread ;) ;)

Postby Houy » 2017 Jan 18, 20:32

So i just watched the Asteras - Olympiakos game,and when the hope of seeing one goal scored from either team died,the reality of it started sinking in,i just spent two hours watching 22 grown men competing in a game of who can kick the ball high enough to skip the most the mud pools in one shot.Why the frieg was this game allowed to happen? Tons of rains + shitty field = stop the fucking game.This happened in 3 ? other games and none where stopped,in the third goal against Aek the mud claims the assist to Makos.Jeezzz..
bitz
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby bitz » 2017 Jan 20, 22:12

My thoughts were exactly the same for that particular match, that's why I skipped long parts of it.

I'm still laughing with Ibarbo's disappearance. The guy just said "screw them I'm not going back there" like he never put a signature on paper. PAO has surely won the "most failed transfers in a season" award.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 Jan 21, 00:59

As Partizan fan, i can only support the mighy PAOK!

ΓΑΥΡΟΙ ΜΟΥΝΙΑ, ΓΑΥΡΟΥ ΜΟΥΝΙΑ, ΓΑΜΩ ΤΟ ΒΡΟΜΟ ΠΕΙΡΑΙΑ, ΚΑΙ ΤΗΝ ΕΠΤΑ, ΚΑΙ ΤΗΝ ΟΚΤΟ, ΓΑΜΩ ΤΟΝ ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟ!!
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Jan 21, 12:18

bitz wrote: I'm still laughing with Ibarbo's disappearance. The guy just said "screw them I'm not going back there" like he never put a signature on paper. PAO has surely won the "most failed transfers in a season" award.

I know right ..especially compared to their rhetoric in the start of the season, the best team in years and all that,in theory it was correct but with so many gambles on players,like old free agents and ...Ibarbos it was inevitable it would turn out this way.Even Ledesma and Samba who weren't bad were released,even if they had IT E ,i am still surprised about Ledesma,he was still a very good player they could utilise and they have noone like him.It's like they were taking out the garbage and they threw him away too cause he was taking up space.Pao seems like the most amateur club in the world at times in the way they function.

Relja wrote:As Partizan fan, i can only support the mighy PAOK!

ΓΑΥΡΟΙ ΜΟΥΝΙΑ, ΓΑΥΡΟΥ ΜΟΥΝΙΑ, ΓΑΜΩ ΤΟ ΒΡΟΜΟ ΠΕΙΡΑΙΑ, ΚΑΙ ΤΗΝ ΕΠΤΑ, ΚΑΙ ΤΗΝ ΟΚΤΟ, ΓΑΜΩ ΤΟΝ ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟ!!

:lol: :lol: thanks for that invaluable contribution Relja.By the way maybe you can shed some light on...who the fuck is Prijovic?
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 Jan 21, 14:23

Houy wrote:
bitz wrote: I'm still laughing with Ibarbo's disappearance. The guy just said "screw them I'm not going back there" like he never put a signature on paper. PAO has surely won the "most failed transfers in a season" award.

I know right ..especially compared to their rhetoric in the start of the season, the best team in years and all that,in theory it was correct but with so many gambles on players,like old free agents and ...Ibarbos it was inevitable it would turn out this way.Even Ledesma and Samba who weren't bad were released,even if they had IT E ,i am still surprised about Ledesma,he was still a very good player they could utilise and they have noone like him.It's like they were taking out the garbage and they threw him away too cause he was taking up space.Pao seems like the most amateur club in the world at times in the way they function.

Relja wrote:As Partizan fan, i can only support the mighy PAOK!

:lol: :lol: thanks for that invaluable contribution Relja.By the way maybe you can shed some light on...who the fuck is Prijovic?

:lol: :lol: Have no idea. I mean i've heard of him long ago because he was always in the papers for being of Serbian descent and potentialy Serbian international, but he failed to do anything really before his time in Legia. There are some rumours again that he'll play for Serbia, as we lack quality centre forwards, i hope Prijović can help, but for some reasons i am quite pessimistic that he can make any bigger conttribution (but i must say that's just my instict, i never watched him)
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 Jan 21, 14:26

What do you guys think of Vlada Ivić ? How do you rate his coaching qualities?
stavrello7

Postby stavrello7 » 2017 Jan 21, 16:06

Vladan.. he showed from the 1st day what he can do. He started with PAOK's U20 and won the u20 championship if im not mistaken.
I feel he is great as manager. very ambitious and disciplined. Iam sure he can do great things in future.
www.facebook.com/betweenfourlines
www.facebook.com/GRPatchPGPES6
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Jan 21, 17:23

I agree,i was afraid he would be sacked after the loss to Pao,since they had a string of bad results ,there was also the Tzavellas incident and there were voices against him so i figured he would be used as a scapegoat as it happens frequently here but they definitely did good to keep him.He has the shortcomings of a relatively new coach,like he opts not to take risks and really sticks with the same 4-3-3 ,with a ''10'' in easier games(mainly Biseswar) that plays a little deep which changes to an ''8''(mainly Sakhov) in more important games(although he did try playing with 3 defenders in the cup i think) and some of his substitutions have been questionable.But he is good in terms of tactics and Paok plays a good possession game and usually indulging football with the ball on the ground.He can't be blaimed for Paok not having a talented attacker in terms of scoring since Klaus is at his worst and their wingers or Amfs aren't scorers,so Paok has been suffering to score goals.I hope they stick with him.
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Feb 11, 19:56

Some things i've noticed the last few weeks.
In Atromitos Korakakis was sacked,which is a shame,didn't see their last games but i took a look at the line-ups and it seems like he's been trying to cram their new players in there anyway possible,Kyriakidis who is average defensively played Dmf ,and even CB,living Lazaridis out of the squad? Tonso and Baga 2 of their best performers were sidelined,Kontoes was playing for some reason and Umbides who was made a CMF by Korakakis was moved at SMF,fishy stuff considering they had found nice synergy in their 11 and Korakakis looked like he knew what he was doing.

Kougias is leaving Larissa,which is awesome for them! If only he hadn't destroyed the team already...

Platanias crept up the standings,with noone noticing.

M'Poku is Pao's best player apparently,which you know,is what it is..,

Olympiakos keeps being all over the place every game..

All HAIL PAOK AND IVIC,GOODNIGHT! PEEEEAAACE!
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Feb 19, 19:52

how does that saying go? a picture is worth...
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2017 Mar 11, 18:57

What do you guys think about Milojevic?
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Mar 12, 15:11

VUKDS wrote:What do you guys think about Milojevic?

He's doing fine,there were some complaints in the start of the season for how he played it safe,but ofcourse they have ceased now.I was worried Panionios would have problems after Ouzounidis left but they made a fine choice,like they do with their players.As a coach it's a little hard to judge him because Panionios is very much still Ouzounidis' team,i think they might lack a little of the attacking flair they had last season,though they maintained their great transition game and they seem more compact defensively including their CB and DMF duo.What i can say about Milojevic is that he can get the best out of most situations,even in their average games,that's why they are doing so well in a much more competitive midtable than last year's.Xanthi,Platanias,Atromitos,Pas Giannina are all very very competent teams.Thanks to the team's consistency they are ahead of 3 of the big 4 as well.
He's also kind of a hipster 8-)
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Apr 02, 14:10

What a cool team Panionios is,diverse,full of interesting players,with loads of stamina,a gameplan.So many good choices in transfers.Great to watch,i wish i had watched them more this season,i focused on Xanthi,Platanias and Pas cause they were behind on updates.Definitely my favourite team in the league
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Apr 02, 20:56

It will be a real shame for their players' efforts if Iraklis falls like this,they've given it their all.They need 3 wins and a tie in their next 4 games to stay,maybe that will happen :?
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Apr 27, 19:20

these cup semis really didn't dissapoint footballwise,yet this endless bitching spoils even that...this country's (media's,run-of-the-mill fans,football magnates) attitude towards the sport is just disgusting.
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 May 17, 19:26

Young promisng coach that's contributing to the country's football...throw beer cans at his head. Ivic seemed deeply disappointed more than anything else

fuck these people
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 May 18, 00:48

VLADIMIR IVIĆ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Partizan and PAOK legend
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 May 18, 00:58

BTW, Ivić was in the starting lineup in the derby in 1999. when the young fun was killed by a signal flare fired from one stand to another, i think he'll get over one beer can, he's from Serbia, we are the biggest shithole in Europe :lol:
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 May 18, 10:25

ah how our shitty football culture connects us :lol: ,no wonder we are brother nations or whatever

Return to “Greek Super League 1”