Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Michel Bastos

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 14, 10:46

EXPLANATION:
Spoiler: show
Attack/Response/Aggression: A very aggressive player(hence why his coach prefers putting him as a WF instead of a SB) , his offensive positioning is pretty good, he takes up good positions in the box in order to receive the ball. He particulary seems to be great at evading the attention of his marker and running without being offside. He is also super fast at reacting to losing ball(scored many goals like that). Almost playing like a CF... However when he plays as a SB(like in NT), it's sure that his offensive asset becomes less quality overall.

Defence/Mentality: He doesn't tend to drop very deep or defend very much at all when playing WF, although he's capable of doing impressive defensive come-back. I haven't seen much of him as a SB(he was a former SB), but i think he uses more his reaction than his defensive positionning to defend.

Stamina: He can last 90 mins easily, and more. A veritable marathonian of the left side all the match.

Speed: One thing misunderstood here...He runs fast and he is very quick over distance...

Passing: more than 10 assists last season 'especially long pass: he's a very good crosser, putting a lot of speed and curling into his LP. He also has good short passing accuracy but they are occasionally cut out. )

Dribbling/Agility/Technique: he's agile and fluid in his moves, his close control is generally good but don't expect him to dribble past players(his DA is good for a SB but can look sometimes disappointting for a WF). However his first touch is excellent, even under pressure. He can also put sometimes, little tricks.

Shooting: He generally shoots a lot, but from long range. So he can look wasteful, but infact he's pretty deadly in front of his target. He can put accuracy in his shoot, moreover his main asset is his shot power: he can shoot rockets at any moments(and also scores them regulary).

VIDEO:
Spoiler: show

Last edited by Vickingo on 2015 Apr 12, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited pic and name
Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Michel Bastos

Postby Adrien » 2014 Feb 14, 17:45

He might loose his best years for sure but I also think it's pretty hard to rate a player like this who spent some times on other CAF teams. He just can't have the form to play european best leagues when started the season with such difference of level and what club are waiting of players here. That's really hard to rate him on that way, he was pretty good when he start the season last year with Lyon, but they sold him as they needed money and I think he had an injury and disappear a bit during the season at Schalke. That's why he had form 4, he could be even 3, he was able sometimes to make an amazing game like his best years, but at the end it became very rare.

Don't remove SB, he was able to play here several times, that's also where he played for the Brazil NT during the 2006 WC. He also played several times here at Lyon when needed to help. That's a secondary positions but I don't see reason to remove it if he's able to play here.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Epsi » 2014 Feb 14, 18:10

nope, it's not my intention to remove it, I was just saying he's just so bad defensively. I agree about the rest, we'll see how he continues this season and if he eventually gets confirmed by Roma or released.
Scaramuso
PSD Guru

Re: Michel Bastos, Al Ain FC

Postby Scaramuso » 2015 Feb 26, 12:48

He was really great yesterday, crazy at dribbling (doing a lot of "lujos" -like in Pato's first goal-) and very dangerous, also was very commited marking Danubio's right sb.
Scaramuso
PSD Guru

Postby Scaramuso » 2015 Mar 19, 12:45

He doesn't need side star?

His swerve at crossing is amazing.. ; yesterday scored a header's goal against us :x :x
Scaramuso
PSD Guru

Postby Scaramuso » 2015 Apr 16, 13:38

Scaramuso wrote:very dangerous.

He's the more dangerous in Sao Paulo nowadays, with his speed/dribbling and crossing in the left side.

toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2016 Feb 20, 03:22

is a blasphemy his DA higher than Dudu.
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2016 Apr 14, 07:29

He really needs this LPA? look much more like 83-84.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2016 Apr 14, 13:20

If something impressed me about him whenever I watched him at Sao Paulo is his lpa tbh
Dribble_Mode
New Contributor

Postby Dribble_Mode » 2016 Aug 01, 16:11

Perhaps the quality of short pass has fallen a bit!
He does not seem to be so fast today, it has a more controlled game.
Klaus14
Valued Contributor

Postby Klaus14 » 2016 Aug 01, 16:26

92 sp seems curious to me.
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2016 Aug 01, 19:29

The problem is the combination of sa+sp. Seen his SA in the same level of elias, maybe even better. He has a good shoot placement and his shoots aren't this stroong, so 75 sa is underrated and 92 sp is overrated. I have him on 77sa+87sp and it can replicate him very well. About his passing, for dure his long passing skills are overpower, he is very good but not at world class level. 83-84 LPA with 86LPS is enought, also have doubts about this number on spa too (seems me a bit higher). Phisically his game is much more conserved, controlled, all speeds stats(stamina too) needs to go down by 2-3 points. I have my off set of him, if someone wants i will post here (if is possible because of the rules).
GuilhermeMorais
New Stat Maker

Postby GuilhermeMorais » 2019 Aug 25, 20:48

Twix
Regular Poster

Postby Twix » 2019 Nov 05, 15:00

He is retired - official Instagram
AdAc
New Stat Maker

Postby AdAc » 2019 Nov 05, 18:41

Is there in the whole forum a classic set for him?

For example for his Olympique Lyon (or Ligue 1) years with the partecipation to the World cup

Return to “Retired Players”