PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Jun 08, 16:43

Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Postby Epsi » 2014 Oct 25, 09:32

He's doing great by now.. I feel he should be on top of TS ladder though, there's no one faster than him in the world I'd say.. surely faster than Biabiany, maybe even Walcott's? I'd say to bring him to 97.
clapton
New Stat Maker

Postby clapton » 2014 Nov 11, 08:09

Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2014 Nov 11, 11:15

Strange how he shoot it with his feet. Looks like he's not really confident about how to place them.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
reQ
Regular Poster

Postby reQ » 2014 Nov 11, 12:58

how do you mean that? "not confident about how to place freekicks"
clapton
New Stat Maker

Postby clapton » 2014 Nov 11, 14:42

it's some kind of CR shooting style.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2014 Nov 23, 19:14

I'd see him more of a SA:81 instead of the current number. He can be a good finisher when needed, I see him quite like the most consistent striker of Dortmund by now.
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2014 Nov 23, 19:59

at the moment he's dortmund striker number one, cause ramos is out of shape and ciro did not fit into klopps system
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
Rfuna

Postby Rfuna » 2015 Feb 05, 07:12

s-cobar wrote:at the moment he's dortmund striker number one, cause ramos is out of shape and ciro did not fit into klopps system

i dont understand Attack @ 86. What attacking intelligence does he demonstrate in the final 1/3rd? Rarely does he find himself in good shooting positions nor is he capable of creating space for himself. This is not a new player adapting to a new team. Even with Gabon. He's not even good enough to play wing.

Plus that Att @ 86 is a bad combination with Goal Poacher/Lines plus yellow repsonse IMO. Makes Pierre better than he is. Never understood this purchase by Klopp. That goes for Ramos too. Both direct players who perform better in counter attack situations i.e. versus Bayern.
Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
oldfirm
PSD Youth League

Postby oldfirm » 2015 Mar 23, 18:15

What about a little Free Kick Update for Aubameyang? He's one of the 3 current piece takers of Borussia.
He isn't most dangerous at Free Kicks, but for sure a bit better than his current set.
Any suggestions?
....I'm not Kloppo....
Hayame
PSD Elite

Postby Hayame » 2015 Mar 23, 21:03

Seems ok for me. He already had some nice tries. Low 70´s would be ok for the moment.
oldfirm
PSD Youth League

Postby oldfirm » 2015 Mar 25, 14:35

What about Place Kicking: 74 and Swerve: 77?
....I'm not Kloppo....
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Mar 31, 02:11

Agree with higher FKA (72 will suit him), and also with lower ATT. Reus is by far the most dangerous player on the squad, and there is no way Aubameyang is equal as dangerous as him. I'd say he is on 84, not even 85.
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Major general Woof » 2015 Mar 31, 14:55

What does 'dangerous' even mean when talking about attack? Some players are not as dangerous as their teammates (CFs mostly) and they have higher attack than them. Compare Mandzukic with Griezmann for example, or practically any technically inferior poacher to a tricky winger or amf. I'm really confused by this, cause it's often been said, so often I can't even connect some of the cases in which it's used as explanation to draw a conclusion and get the big picture.
Where do you draw the line between danger created by technical or physical abilities and just pure attacking instinct?
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2015 Mar 31, 18:01

Danger is often meant, especially for strikers, as natural sense for the goal.
Major general Woof
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Major general Woof » 2015 Apr 01, 17:21

Epsi wrote:Danger is often meant, especially for strikers, as natural sense for the goal.

Thanks for clearing that up, man.
Rfuna

Postby Rfuna » 2015 Apr 06, 09:10

Ramindbroken wrote:and also with lower ATT. Reus is by far the most dangerous player on the squad, and there is no way Aubameyang is equal as dangerous as him. I'd say he is on 84, not even 85.
Why not lower? Considering his physical attributes: god speed, decent balance and agility, so-so dribbling and then combine with his technical qualities: crazy aggression, mid-yellow response, goal poacher plus darting.... he should be a constant threat, seizing on the many chances created by the dortmund midfield. But he's pretty much a manageable player even for the lower-tier german sides. He's had a good run in the 1st team and as a CF , no injuries to disrupt his form unlike Reus so there's really no excuse. Check out his game vs Bayern over the weekend, that run at goal in 64th minute and subsequent sky-bound shot well over the cross bar from difficult angle :roll:

Current stats suggest he's as more of a danger if not better than players like Greizmann (weaker) and pre-Bayern Gotze (slower) :shock:

IMO his attack should sit at 80-82. Either chances are being created and Auba is not latching onto them or he's not offering the right kind of movement up front to confuse defenders and open up space.
reQ
Regular Poster

Postby reQ » 2015 Apr 06, 10:40

Rfuna wrote:Why not lower? Considering his physical attributes: god speed, decent balance and agility, so-so dribbling and then combine with his technical qualities: crazy aggression, mid-yellow response, goal poacher plus darting.... he should be a constant threat, seizing on the many chances created by the dortmund midfield. But he's pretty much a manageable player even for the lower-tier german sides. He's had a good run in the 1st team and as a CF , no injuries to disrupt his form unlike Reus so there's really no excuse. Check out his game vs Bayern over the weekend, that run at goal in 64th minute and subsequent sky-bound shot well over the cross bar from difficult angle :roll:

Current stats suggest he's as more of a danger if not better than players like Greizmann (weaker) and pre-Bayern Gotze (slower) :shock:

IMO his attack should sit at 80-82. Either chances are being created and Auba is not latching onto them or he's not offering the right kind of movement up front to confuse defenders and open up space.

There is just one problem in the dortmund game: the inconsistency in the midfield. They are not creating any chances. In the past it was dortmund's strength to build up fast counter attacks and get the ball back early. Now they need double the time to get the ball back and four times as much time to get the ball just to the box. They made their goals always in balanced situation or even in superior numbers because their counter attacks were so effective. And now the midfield needs so much time to play the keypasses that all the opponents are again behind the ball. So its aubameyang's fault of being not "danger" that he has besides the bad midfield just 18 goals overall? As i suppose you are want to add later that Ciro Immobile is not danger? Same thing: he gets the keypasses he makes the goal. Really simple. But in immobile's case dortmund is not able to use his strength at all. Aubameyang just needs the keypass behind the lines. And this is not happening at all time. Just a question of inconsistency, because in other games the midfield suddenly works fine and creates the passes aubameyang needs.
Rfuna

Postby Rfuna » 2015 Apr 07, 06:19

reQ wrote:There is just one problem in the dortmund game: the inconsistency in the midfield. They are not creating any chances.
That is false. I agree with you that the midfield is not as efficient or incisive as last season but then again Dortmund is behind only Bayern and maybe wolfsburg (depending on who's stats you look at) in chances created in the Bundesliga. This takes us to quality chances created in which case we can look at shots in the penalty area in which case Dortmund is second only to Bayern.

Immobile is different, he's adapting to a new system. IMO he needs time before a review in any case he maybe overrated. Auba has had enough time under Klopp system.
oldfirm
PSD Youth League

Postby oldfirm » 2015 Apr 07, 12:22

Rfuna wrote:
reQ wrote:There is just one problem in the dortmund game: the inconsistency in the midfield. They are not creating any chances.
That is false...Auba has had enough time under Klopp system.

Aubameyang is usually playing as CF since the match against Freiburg and he's doing a good job. He scored 7 times in the last 8 Bundesliga Matches. That isn't that bad.
....I'm not Kloppo....
Rfuna

Postby Rfuna » 2015 Apr 08, 08:58

oldfirm wrote:
Rfuna wrote:
That is false...Auba has had enough time under Klopp system.

Aubameyang is usually playing as CF since the match against Freiburg and he's doing a good job. He scored 7 times in the last 8 Bundesliga Matches. That isn't that bad.

No it isn't. And Auba isn't a bad player. But these stats he's on par with if not better than Greizman and Reus in terms of posing an attacking threat. That isn't true. Response is fine. I can live with goal poacher. But attack at 86 is way beyond his skillset. last nights game vs hoffenheim for example. 1 well taken goal but generally subpar performance as the lead striker. Simply put he's not a number 9.

Return to “Arsenal FC”