Sergio Busquets

Moderators: furymaker, Fixer, Eternal Night, Kronosh, brazilianpesfan, Korinov, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Sergio Busquets

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:04

Full Name: Sergio Busquets Burgos

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Oct 23, 08:29, edited 7 times in total.
Euronymous

Re: Sergio Busquets

Postby Euronymous » 2017 Jan 12, 15:25

I think that his SPA is a bit overrated, I think that he doesn't deserve orange here. Besides, his DA is 90 for me.
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Feb 01, 13:49

Nowadays, he sure doesn't, the changes in Barça's playstyle destroyed his passing game.

But yeah, DA and technique are oranges for sure. His decision making has declined (well, it's better to say he didn't adapt well to the new playstyle) but his technique is still worldclass.
On the other side, his body control is probably in the 50s. It's the weakest part of his game and a value that low replicates his tendency to dive/fall very, very easily.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
ballmer

Postby ballmer » 2017 Mar 22, 10:10

I'd agree with technique/ball control and dribble accuracy on 90. I also don't think his stamina has ever needed to be so high. I have body control at 60. I don't know if this could go lower. All of this is in the interest of a sharp distinction between his reliance on technical rather than physical abilities.
crispycracker

Postby crispycracker » 2017 Apr 02, 10:55

I've never seen him doing a short pass as dangerous as 90, a downgrade by 1-2 points will suit him well. Ball control and DA could go higher though, maybe 2-3 points for both stats. He's not as good as Pirlo in both aspects, but not that far away. ATT could be downgraded as well.
PES Stats Database

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Apr 02, 16:08

crispycracker wrote:I've never seen him doing a short pass as dangerous as 90, a downgrade by 1-2 points will suit him well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gC8m7 ... be&t=2m41s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... pkho6tppzw
crispycracker

Postby crispycracker » 2017 May 06, 22:50

PES Stats Database wrote:
crispycracker wrote:I've never seen him doing a short pass as dangerous as 90, a downgrade by 1-2 points will suit him well.

Well, Those footage was like 4 years ago...but thanks anyway :)
JMVP

Postby JMVP » 2017 May 07, 10:46

PES Stats Database wrote:

Mid yellows are enough to do such passes, the question is how often does he do stuff like that.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 07, 16:13

^ I'd really like to see what you consider orange or red passes then
JMVP

Postby JMVP » 2017 May 07, 16:52

jurgens wrote:^ I'd really like to see what you consider orange or red passes then

Those are defenetly red or orange passes, all i meant is that two of those are not enough to prove the point. Anyways, i don't disagree Busquets deserves his current value, although he rarely pulls passes like that he is a great passer in every way. Not sure if he's as good as Modric but that's a diferent story.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 07, 18:00

Well, they weren't really posted to prove a point, just to show him a pass of 90+ quality since he stated
I've never seen him doing a short pass as dangerous as 90

Well, Those footage was like 4 years ago

Cause its extremely time consuming to sit through vs vids to find examples, those are just examples already found and posted earlier in the thread. Barca vs vids and what not is terminated quite often too, so examples posted in the thread often become dead links. Heres one from the last page https://streamable.com/t44c
Klaus14

Postby Klaus14 » 2017 Aug 08, 01:09

!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
Rex

Postby Rex » 2017 Nov 22, 23:22

https://youtu.be/f1x_bXLvHvQ Another classy game for Busquets, not only for this cheeky move ofcourse.

Nothing new to say bout this guy, but i've never seen a better DM in my life. He is so good
Relja's not dead
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2017 Dec 21, 19:40

https://youtu.be/zSKnee7o8_Q?t=141

Blocked but, look how long busquets has his back away from, he doesn't know whats going on, but almost instantly after looking at the play, hes playing one of those 90+/90+ spa/sps passes, amazing.
Webad

Postby Webad » 2017 Dec 31, 17:53

This guy is the most underrated player in the world. He has some computer software instade regular human brain. Just look what he did before Barcelona goal for 1:0 against Real Madrid, he dribbles, waits and he saw a perfect glimpse of second for pass to Rakitić.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM5Y_OK_Rao

Problem is that this game cant comprehend his skill because someone else (we that are playing this game) are deciding when is time to pass,time to dribble,...

I suggest to make him more similar to Xavi, raise a techical stats like passing (he is the best passer in La Liga) and dribbling
abdou

Postby abdou » 2018 Jan 09, 16:20

Good update, but what about DA and BC ?

Is Verratti better than him in DA and BC ?
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2018 Jan 09, 18:01

Honestly tired of people saying to increase his tech, and providing no arguments or no examples.

When is Busquets EVER in a position to recive a difficult ball? When does he ever get played 40 yard passes? It never happens, DM's naturally don't get into positions that would allow them to revive passes like this, and with busquets, this is doubly true.

There we're times back in guardiolas era where busquets would make some runs in behind the defense, and xavi and co would play little dinks over the wall and busquets would control them, it was great control, but nothing godly. You don't get to see godly control often, almost never for defensive minded players. I'm not saying he hasn't done it, it's probably happened here and there. But in the dozen + matches I've seen of him this year, and several dozen over the years, I have never seen him receive a ball that would allow him to show god like control, which people are insistent on bringing him to.

Please, show me. And if you can't show me, or provide arguments, stop asking for raises simply for the sake of it.
Rex

Postby Rex » 2018 Jan 09, 18:11

jurgens wrote:Honestly tired of people saying to increase his tech, and providing no arguments or no examples.

When is Busquets EVER in a position to recive a difficult ball? When does he ever get played 40 yard passes? It never happens, DM's naturally don't get into positions that would allow them to revive passes like this, and with busquets, this is doubly true.

There we're times back in guardiolas era where busquets would make some runs in behind the defense, and xavi and co would play little dinks over the wall and busquets would control them, it was great control, but nothing godly. You don't get to see godly control often, almost never for defensive minded players. I'm not saying he hasn't done it, it's probably happened here and there. But in the dozen + matches I've seen of him this year, and several dozen over the years, I have never seen him receive a ball that would allow him to show god like control, which people are insistent on bringing him to.

Please, show me. And if you can't show me, or provide arguments, stop asking for raises simply for the sake of it.

Great point on technique, but twhat about DA though? I am sure that 87 suits him well IG, i never in my life played with Barcelona or Spain in any PES, but i always thought Busquets deserves like orange DA based on RL games.
Relja's not dead
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2018 Jan 09, 19:17

I don't know, I sporadically go back to this topic, and yesterday spent most of my free time watching his vids to decipher it again. I always come to the same conclusion, hes fine with his current.

I think this quote from santi sums it up well

something about his ball retention is underrated, he's a master of drag-backs and clever body movements to retain the ball. but it's a lot more to do with intelligence/coolness than technical ability. still I think he deserves a higher DA/agility mix.. or maybe just agility. his turns on the ball are really brilliant and a huge part of his game

I think that hits the nail on the head, it's really about the intelligence and coolness with him, hes inventive with his turns and drag backs, and it's usually pretty simple stuff, but extremly clever nonetheless, genius even. But it's the sort of thing you can't really replicate in pes. And I don't think increasing DA will do it justice, or that 87 is under-rating him. Those have always been my thoughts on the matter. Also for me, personally, I play pes 2011 and players with higher DA just move faster, more jinky, something I never liked on busquets, dunno about newer games.

I'd really like to hear vinnies opinion on the matter.
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Jan 09, 22:56

Busquets is that kind of player whose technical style and ability can barely be replicated in PES.

IMO, the main reason why this is a problem is the fact that dribbling in PES is all about motion. Busquets isn't a ball carrier and the best of his technique is displayed at extremely low pace; or when he's not moving at all, using these body movement, turns, drag backs and steps on. All these tricks happen within very little space; in PES, DA is mostly about how effective a dribbler can be while running at lower or faster pace, which leads to DA being a more effective stats over longer runs and wider spaces. What I mean by that is that you can't make use of DA if you're not moving enough. If you're not running, you're not dribbling, according to PES. That concept applies to the average technique being displayed by 95% of active players, but yeah, that's not Busquets.

Considerating this, the better solution would be, hypothetically, to give him even lower DS to replicate the almost non-existent pace being displayed in his dribbling, and even higher DA to replicate his effectiveness. This, however, is a pretty raw option, and probably not the best one in my opinion. I guess some tinkering is needed regarding players cards as well, but in the end we'll always be limited by the gap that exists between how dribbling works in PES, and how dribbling works with Busquets. The issue is even greater in newer games with the lack of DS, and I'm not gonna lie, in my OF I'm currently experimenting with the FIFA method of giving that kind of player very low TS.

It's a problem we had with other players and other aspects of their playstyle, look at Ramos. There's been a lot of debate about how his low DEF values works along with his movement, physical and RES stats to replicate him properly. The current set is an option among others, but I honestly doubt there's an optimal solution and whatever we'll come up with, it will stir debate just like Ramos' case did.

Regardless of that issue, I agree with Jurgens' point about his TECH.
My opinion on his DA leads me to rate him very closely to the current value, but because of his style and position on the pitch (refering to Jurgens' point about his BC), when it comes to replicate him, his DA comes into consideration more than his BC. Truth is, while I'm convinced Busquets is the kind of guy that could pull off red tech trapping if needed, and while the current value suits him perfectly, he'd still be properly replicated with a lower value. As amazing as his TECH is, it just isn't the most important part of his game and this is probably something to keep in mind when attempting to replicate him.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.

Return to “FC Barcelona”