Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 13, 18:56

Full Name: Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo

Chenghis.Khan
New Stat Maker

Re: Arturo Vidal

Postby Chenghis.Khan » 2015 Jan 28, 09:49

jurgens wrote:
jurgens wrote:
Let me rephrase then, hes the best cmf/dmf of all time in attack/def by a yard mile. Attack/def are two of the most important attributes, and for him to be so far ahead of past cmf's in this regard is very suspect to me.

Alright, my bad.
Do you really think it's a yard mile? I think Redondo (ATK/DEF = 80/82), Rijkaard (78/90), Lahm (77/83), Cambiasso (77/86), Gerrard (83/77), Vieira (77/82), Keane (75/85) are all reasonably close, especially since his effectiveness is kinda balanced out due to his low-ish TW.

I'm not saying Vidal is rated right or wrong (don't know him well), I just wouldn't worry much about his intelligence/prowess being overpowered/ off the scale (IF his play merits the values), all those players (except for maybe Stevie G) will be smarter than him in-game (again TW is huge), Vidal's just really really balanced on an extremely high level but he's a lot more anarchic than other greats in his role. I wouldn't overstate the in-game effect, but maybe it's different in newer games (I play WE9LE).
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2015 Jan 28, 16:34

i find that set is almost perfect...the only changes can be applied are -1 in atk,def,resp but not more, he is so smart and one of the best players in terms of times of insertion to score and he is a better tackler than Cambiasso (DEF 82) imho and is a dispossessing machine, also as i suggest before -2/3 points in stamina(in this aspect and in this period is not the beast that i've seen in the last three seasons)...in my OF i have this set as i said the only changes i made were ATK 82 DEF 83 RES 89 STA 94
PanteraIFD
New Stat Maker

Postby PanteraIFD » 2015 Jan 29, 00:48

Surely he deserves some downgrades in some areas. I would start by the defense, becauseorange response already does the work of the insane tackles he stands during the game. Also decrease his SA because he is not as killer as before. And also his stamina , he rarely finish in a game now .

Suggestions: DEF 80, STA 94 and SA 81.
Football is very simple: who has the ball attacks, who doesn't have defends.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2015 Jan 29, 01:24

Chenghis.Khan wrote:
jurgens wrote:
jurgens wrote:
Let me rephrase then, hes the best cmf/dmf of all time in attack/def by a yard mile. Attack/def are two of the most important attributes, and for him to be so far ahead of past cmf's in this regard is very suspect to me.

Alright, my bad.
Do you really think it's a yard mile? I think Redondo (ATK/DEF = 80/82), Rijkaard (78/90), Lahm (77/83), Cambiasso (77/86), Gerrard (83/77), Vieira (77/82), Keane (75/85) are all reasonably close, especially since his effectiveness is kinda balanced out due to his low-ish TW.

I'm not saying Vidal is rated right or wrong (don't know him well), I just wouldn't worry much about his intelligence/prowess being overpowered/ off the scale (IF his play merits the values), all those players (except for maybe Stevie G) will be smarter than him in-game (again TW is huge), Vidal's just really really balanced on an extremely high level but he's a lot more anarchic than other greats in his role. I wouldn't overstate the in-game effect, but maybe it's different in newer games (I play WE9LE).

Rodondo is 78/80, gerrard isn't even green... let alone 77, hes at 72.

are all reasonably close,

No, no one is even remotely close. 1 green point is a big deal in def/attack for a cmf/dmf, let alone a yellow. A player with a yellow attack/def is basically completely unheard of, even among the all time greats. Vidal not only has a yellow for both, he far exceeds that. Honestly, I don't see how this even needs to be discussed at this point. He is rated as the all time best in attack/def for his role, and hes not even remotely close to that. The rest of his set is fine, it's just the attack/def that is completely out of sync with the rest of our db.
Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Epsi » 2015 Jan 29, 10:47

Lowering SA is not even in my books if you ask me. It's not reasonable. He's a terrific finisher when he has the chance, I would also have suggested *1-1 scoring at some times. This could be still valid. It's his ST that is a bit less enciting and could use a small lowering.

Stamina could be slighty lower.. but I would first take a look at form. He's clearly not showing the same consistency and physical resilience than the last two seasons and that's also to his knee injury.

He's not suited to play AM. He's doing quite bad, he doesn't have the proper skills. He's much more suited to be a B2B with frequent insertions into the area, thanks to his good positional sense and his strong sense of anticipation.

I still don't have a concrete idea for atk/def. The guys someone has mentioned (Vieira, Cambiasso, Keane) are not comparable to him. Different style, different duties... atk/def hypertrophy is given to highlight his competence to be absolutely uncomparable to anyone else at the world and current football as B2B player. Beside numbers, Isn't it true? Isn't he the most competent B2B in the world? The most efficient also? My answer is yes, take aside his form.

I'd still hear more opinions from different users about the matter. I don't think I'm the only blind who sees his def to be outstanding, but I'd like how we can deal to this set. Looks that his attack can stay, doesn't it? Def is a bit more tricky. By now I'm considering to lower it to around 79-81. Just a note, not anything official or something I'll do in the next future.
orlando9164
PSD Youth League

Postby orlando9164 » 2015 Jan 29, 15:48

In this period he is very slow in some movements. When he make a pass, the "loading" of the leg is extremely long, and the result is that the opponents steal him the ball.

And with less response in general
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2015 Jan 29, 19:32

The most efficient also? My answer is yes, take aside his form.

Yes, I'd fully agree with that. But I just don't see why he needs a def value to rival defensive lynch pins like mauro/gilberto silva or chelsea makelele. Hes not even a DMF, so a value like this is something I can't understand. Young Roy keane was a CMF, and I feel in every regard I can think of, keane was better defensively BAR response, but vidal is much better in attack, but the stats are too far away from that. I think the value given to response has been much over looked...and by that I mean its worth, that response makes him insanely good in game, even super human... there is very few DMF's with values even close to that, let alone CMF's.

And again, attack isn't what bothers me, I can see him on a yellow here... it's mainly the balance between def/attack, above all the def.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2015 Jan 31, 16:08

Read some post above, especially were you guys put Yaya vs Vidal, and felt like throwing my two cents. Just because Vidal's has a very high attack value doesn't mean he's going to be the best goal scorer among midfielders. What about shooting stats? Seems like you're trying to ignore how big a role they play in goal tallies, Yaya's shooting is just way more lethal than Vidal´s.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2015 Feb 01, 12:12

JMVP wrote:Read some post above, especially were you guys put Yaya vs Vidal, and felt like throwing my two cents. Just because Vidal's has a very high attack value doesn't mean he's going to be the best goal scorer among midfielders. What about shooting stats? Seems like you're trying to ignore how big a role they play in goal tallies, Yaya's shooting is just way more lethal than Vidal´s.

Well, Yaya has far higher SP and higher ST than Vidal, in the end he'll be a far more dangerous shooter anyway.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Epsi » 2015 Feb 05, 20:15

I'm summing up the debated suggestions and what I'm probably going to update it:

DEF 79-80
Stamina 93-95
TW 82-83
IT: B

Maybe also form 6?
orlando9164
PSD Youth League

Postby orlando9164 » 2015 Feb 05, 23:40

Epsi wrote:I'm summing up the debated suggestions and what I'm probably going to update it:

DEF 79-80
Stamina 93-95
TW 82-83
IT: B

Maybe also form 6?

In my opinion actual value of DEF is ok, ATT would be lower: he is less "reactive" in this period.

In alternative I'm thinking that something about short passes would be touched.

Actual value of IT is correct in my opinion, he is a bad state of general form.

In fact, I fully agree with the change of form from 7 to 6. And also stamina, yes
delpierofan10
New Stat Maker

Postby delpierofan10 » 2015 Feb 07, 12:01

All those who have followed him know he's a excellent tackler on his position,his defensive contribution is one of his strengths so I don't see why the DEF value should go lower than yellows.He's clearly far from the form he had last season but we have to lower his form instead of massively downgrading his DEF.

My suggestions:

Defence: 81/82
Shot Accuracy: 82
Stamina: 94
Injury Tolerance: B
Form: 6
delpierofan10
New Stat Maker

Postby delpierofan10 » 2015 Mar 24, 13:17

During the last matches it seems he's slowly gaining some of his old form, hopefully he would be back on top form.
orlando9164
PSD Youth League

Postby orlando9164 » 2015 Mar 29, 14:53

Not agree with Injury Tolerance, doesn't exist because he didn't get particulary injuries in this season
Frans
PSD Youth League

Postby Frans » 2015 May 05, 20:22

brilliant vs real madrid. been everywhere breaking up play big time, bit of a roy keane performance
cell_destroyer
PSD Youth League

Postby cell_destroyer » 2015 May 14, 16:59

Anyone else think Vidal is stronger than 80 BB? He seems at least 82 BB to me. He's just a really tough midfielder in duels.

vs. James Rodriguez (83 BB)
https://youtu.be/ek2cDs2u688?t=1m43s

vs. Benzema (86 BB)
https://youtu.be/ek2cDs2u688?t=1m50s

vs. Sergio Ramos (84 BB)
https://youtu.be/ek2cDs2u688?t=1m54s
https://youtu.be/yrMvg-JSufI?t=5m11s
https://youtu.be/yrMvg-JSufI?t=5m28s

vs. Dani Carvajal (84 BB)
https://youtu.be/agiPgRqer6Y?t=5m
https://youtu.be/yrMvg-JSufI?t=7m19s

vs. Cristiano Ronaldo (82 BB), not really a duel but i loved it
https://youtu.be/yrMvg-JSufI?t=3m
https://youtu.be/yrMvg-JSufI?t=3m
2headedEagle
Regular Poster

Postby 2headedEagle » 2015 May 14, 18:45

Yes He looks stronger at least 83 BB .
From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2015 May 14, 18:48

It's his relentlessly aggressive style that makes him look stronger than he really is, same goes for Chiellini and S. Ramos, they all just fly into challenges, but they're not particularly strong or anything.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

2headedEagle
Regular Poster

Postby 2headedEagle » 2015 May 15, 02:48

Roy wrote:It's his relentlessly aggressive style that makes him look stronger than he really is, same goes for Chiellini and S. Ramos, they all just fly into challenges, but they're not particularly strong or anything.

I agree , but how would you replicate that thing in PES ? High Response ?
From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2015 May 15, 09:10

2headedEagle wrote:
Roy wrote:It's his relentlessly aggressive style that makes him look stronger than he really is, same goes for Chiellini and S. Ramos, they all just fly into challenges, but they're not particularly strong or anything.

I agree , but how would you replicate that thing in PES ? High Response ?

...which he already has, yeah.

Return to “FC Barcelona”