Re: Frenkie de Jong

Postby sunsaegnim » 2019 May 23, 18:53

Detailed video of his last season at Ajax and NT
https://youtu.be/0ChGP3vddYo?t=27
Slizzard
New Stat Maker

Postby Slizzard » 2019 Jun 07, 09:25

Acceleration should go up. He uses those little bursts to get past opponents, which are extremely effective. Some thing like mid-yellows
His interceptions are superb. He isn't a topclass tackler, but has a good feeling for position to intercept balls. So, I would give both his defence as his response a slight raise.
His role in midfield is not to give assists or score goals, but to orchestrate the tempo of the team. his attack could be lowered to mid-low 70's.
Suggestions:

Att: 73
Def: 66
Acceleration: 84-86
Response: 81-82

I didn't expected it, but De Jong ran the most kilometers in the Dutch squad, even more than Wijnaldum in the match against England. It looked like Wijnaldum(120 minutes) was constantly pressing, however De Jong did the same even if it did'nt looked like that. For your information, he ran approximately 14 kilometers and played 114 minutes. Second is Blind with 13 km and 120 minutes played. If he keeps performing this could warrant a high yellow STA number in the near future.
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2019 Jun 08, 08:49

not quite sure what you mean it didn't look like it or that he isn't a topclass tackler, he's a pressing machine, off ball movements are insane both offensively and defensively, his TW is world class. His interceptions are indeed on point, but his tackling are also on point, he rarely misses a tackle, he's so intelligent with the way he tackles and goes into duels.

He's reminding me of Thiago Alcantara when it comes to defensive awareness, Thiago raised up his defensive play a lot and became a really reliable defensive midfielder in past 2-3 seasons, Frenkie already looks like he's at that stage that he can play as sole defensive mid and do fantastic job both ways.
Not gonna lie, I didn't watch every Ajax game in Eredivisie, but I've seen 5-10 of them and pretty much all those vs compilations of Frenkie and I don't think i'm overreacting if I say he's already top 5 midfielder in the world.

One thing he is really amazing at is threading forward passes through middle, he hides them in similar way Busquets does, body positioning to one side and looking at that side as well and then he pulls an awesome pass.
Obviously his SPA and SPS are getting better and better.
Slizzard
New Stat Maker

Postby Slizzard » 2019 Jun 09, 09:38

furymaker wrote:not quite sure what you mean it didn't look like it or that he isn't a topclass tackler, he's a pressing machine, off ball movements are insane both offensively and defensively, his TW is world class. His interceptions are indeed on point, but his tackling are also on point, he rarely misses a tackle, he's so intelligent with the way he tackles and goes into duels.

He's reminding me of Thiago Alcantara when it comes to defensive awareness, Thiago raised up his defensive play a lot and became a really reliable defensive midfielder in past 2-3 seasons, Frenkie already looks like he's at that stage that he can play as sole defensive mid and do fantastic job both ways.
Not gonna lie, I didn't watch every Ajax game in Eredivisie, but I've seen 5-10 of them and pretty much all those vs compilations of Frenkie and I don't think i'm overreacting if I say he's already top 5 midfielder in the world.

One thing he is really amazing at is threading forward passes through middle, he hides them in similar way Busquets does, body positioning to one side and looking at that side as well and then he pulls an awesome pass.
Obviously his SPA and SPS are getting better and better.

I didn’t expect De Jong would run more than Wijnaldum as it looks wijnaldum has more intensity in a match. De jong ran more than a km more despite playing 6 min less.

As I said, his positioning, interceptions and smartness in duels are top-tier. He also has some beautiful sliding tackles now and then. But his tackling is something he can still develop. It isn’t a good as his other defensive traits.

He isn’t looking for the killer pass, but as you said, he plays as busquets. But I like how he uses those little bursts and dribbles, so that the line opens to a player to play the ball forward.

Something that is unique for him is that he always turns his body in the right way. Leaving the pressing player behind him.
emanuel76
Former Lurker

Postby emanuel76 » 2019 Jun 12, 11:50

I think we should make a little bit more de jong here my suggestions thanks in advance

Balance: 76--->78
Top Speed: 78---->82
Acceleration: 82---->84
OHHH
NOT REALLY
Shot Accuracy: 64-------->76
Shot Power: 73--------->80
Shot Technique: 63--------->75

THANK YOU :=)
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2019 Jun 12, 22:12

i can agree with speed changes, I do think he's quite fast, but I'm not sure about his shooting, haven't seen nearly as much of it to make a confident statement.
Slizzard
New Stat Maker

Postby Slizzard » 2019 Jun 13, 07:52

He doesn't show his shooting that much and when he comes in the position, which is not that often, he doesn't produce green accuracy shooting. I would keep him in sixties for now. Maybe if he plays in a more advanced position in the future he will show it more. But it is not his strength at the moment.
conker8
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby conker8 » 2019 Jul 18, 23:41

A re-post : only by judging with the CL matches, I notice he doesn't use his left foot that much. He seems to do everything with his right foot : controls, ball touches, passes & shoot. Something to keep an eye next season.
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Jul 19, 14:06

His speed stats should be updated as mentioned above.
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Jul 19, 14:06

His agility could be pushed up to orange as well.
pcrooce
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby pcrooce » 2019 Jul 23, 03:29

sunsaegnim
New Stat Maker

Postby sunsaegnim » 2019 Sep 29, 16:35

I honestly don't know why his def is still rated so low, while he's no Busquets, he's a monster at pressing, good in winning the ball, he can dominate a game physically, defensively and technically, already proved this playing in a double pivot in Ajax and as a single pivot in NT, his tackling is also pretty decent. Can see his def at high 60's and ball winning at low 70's (mentioned 71 previously but can be even higher), form 5 or above is a must too.
Dío
PSD Youth League

Postby Dío » 2019 Oct 19, 21:14

AdAc
New Stat Maker

Postby AdAc » 2019 Dec 08, 10:54

I think he deserves easily low yellows for top speed
Last edited by AdAc on 2019 Dec 09, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.
stumink
PSD Youth League

Postby stumink » 2019 Dec 08, 10:56

I think his passing deserves an upgrade on his passing values. Hes adapted to well to a higher lever and passing is consistent and accurate. I could see a rise of 3-4 points in all his passing values. Anyone else have suggestions for passing values?
sunsaegnim
New Stat Maker

Postby sunsaegnim » 2019 Dec 09, 02:50

stumink wrote:I think his passing deserves an upgrade on his passing values. Hes adapted to well to a higher lever and passing is consistent and accurate. I could see a rise of 3-4 points in all his passing values. Anyone else have suggestions for passing values?

I don't see much evolution yet tbh, the way he pass the ball on the ground is similar to Busquets, fooling the opposition with his body, but he's less accurate (the accuracy i'm speaking here are at risky or line breaking passes, not simple ones as he has a great efficience in those) and adventurous obviously. His sps I can see already on low yellows (81) but spa we can force at most to be on 85 but i would suggest to wait still. His long pass is pretty poor imo, 81 is already generous and he doesn't try often at barça.

Return to “FC Barcelona”