Gerard Piqué

Moderators: furymaker, Fixer, brazilianpesfan, Eternal Night, Kronosh, Korinov, Mod's

User avatar
PES Stats Database
Posts: 17544
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Been thanked: 383 times

Gerard Piqué

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:01

Full Name: Gerard Piqué Bernabéu
Image



VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show


CLASSIC SET(S): 2009-2010

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Oct 24, 09:57, edited 11 times in total.
Ocrin
Posts: 794
Joined: 2014 Jan 12, 23:09
Location: Guadeloupe
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 306 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Feb 03, 04:08

I have a few suggestions for this set.

TS: 71 - It could be even lower actually, I rarely see him displaying decent speed. I actually have him under 70 in my OF; it may look harsh but I find it replicates his movement way better than a high speed rating does.
DA: 77 - He's good on the ball, but 82? He hasn't displayed such technique for ages.
HEA: 82 - He used to suck at heading. Even though he isn't Ramos, he actually has good timing in the air and decent accuracy.
JUM: 77 - As I said, he became better in the hair and has decent jumping. Most of his duels are won due to his height but he isn't as bad of a jumper as 70 suggests.
MEN - He displays nice leadership and fighting spirit from time to time. He also performs nicely under pressure, I don't remember see him drop his level in a difficult game. Actually, under pressure he becomes more aggressive, both offensively and defensively. Maybe mid 70s?
Physical contact/BB: 84/85 - He has fair strength on and off the ball and 83 feels low for a player like him. He isn't the tank his height and weight could allow him to be, but he really is decently strong, doesn't get outmuscled often and a few more points would do him justice.


Body control, Curve, EP and FKA could go down by a few points as well (max 2-3) but it's mostly cosmetic.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
User avatar
crispycracker
Posts: 42
Joined: 2017 Mar 12, 05:02
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby crispycracker » 2017 Apr 28, 05:42

Ocrin wrote:I have a few suggestions for this set.

TS: 71 - It could be even lower actually, I rarely see him displaying decent speed. I actually have him under 70 in my OF; it may look harsh but I find it replicates his movement way better than a high speed rating does.
DA: 77 - He's good on the ball, but 82? He hasn't displayed such technique for ages.
HEA: 82 - He used to suck at heading. Even though he isn't Ramos, he actually has good timing in the air and decent accuracy.
JUM: 77 - As I said, he became better in the hair and has decent jumping. Most of his duels are won due to his height but he isn't as bad of a jumper as 70 suggests.
MEN - He displays nice leadership and fighting spirit from time to time. He also performs nicely under pressure, I don't remember see him drop his level in a difficult game. Actually, under pressure he becomes more aggressive, both offensively and defensively. Maybe mid 70s?
Physical contact/BB: 84/85 - He has fair strength on and off the ball and 83 feels low for a player like him. He isn't the tank his height and weight could allow him to be, but he really is decently strong, doesn't get outmuscled often and a few more points would do him justice.


Body control, Curve, EP and FKA could go down by a few points as well (max 2-3) but it's mostly cosmetic.


Pretty much agree with this actually...apart from the TS which i think also need some downgrade but not that much, maybe around 74-75. He has 66 ACC which already makes him very slow in game.
User avatar
furymaker
Posts: 1536
Joined: 2011 Aug 23, 01:23
Location: Sarajevo,BiH
Has thanked: 240 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby furymaker » 2017 Apr 28, 13:29

yea, he's not as slow as 71, he's slow at the start, but when he gets going he's decently fast, but with the rest I can easily agree with
User avatar
Fixer
Posts: 10211
Joined: 2010 May 05, 18:43
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby Fixer » 2017 Apr 28, 14:23

Nice suggestions. I absolutely agree on DA, as unnecesary as it's wrong nowadays. I do remember him being quite impressive for a CB, but he hasn't tried anything for a while.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Image
User avatar
dakar95
Posts: 358
Joined: 2013 Mar 05, 20:09
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby dakar95 » 2017 Apr 28, 19:57

Also, his ds may be lower
User avatar
crispycracker
Posts: 42
Joined: 2017 Mar 12, 05:02
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby crispycracker » 2017 Jun 09, 10:36

Needs some update based on the suggested values above. His physical aspects of the game has been improved this season. BB could go up to 84-85, HEA >80, JUMP High Green (76-78).
User avatar
Korinov
Posts: 4458
Joined: 2011 Aug 31, 20:50
Location: Weasel store
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 418 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby Korinov » 2017 Aug 14, 22:34

It's just the beginning of the season so let's be careful, but he seems to be back to an abysmal level of form. Barely able to jump, quite clumsy movements, too unagile to be funny, looking exhausted in the final minutes, etc.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
User avatar
crispycracker
Posts: 42
Joined: 2017 Mar 12, 05:02
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby crispycracker » 2017 Sep 05, 13:18

Korinov wrote:It's just the beginning of the season so let's be careful, but he seems to be back to an abysmal level of form. Barely able to jump, quite clumsy movements, too unagile to be funny, looking exhausted in the final minutes, etc.


Yeah he's now back to an awful shape, sadly :(. There are tons of CBs out there that is far more reliable than him, for me a CB had to have a great athleticism, work ethic, and mentality, which he isn't. He's over-reliant to his technical abilities which is really not a main quality a CB should have. And at many times also his concentration seems gone out of the game (probably thinking about his wife :lol: ) jeez.

If he truly is a great defender, he won't just simply sunk when the whole team is in bad shape, which he is. Looking back 5 years ago i really expect him to be a dominant CB like Kompany or Thiago Silva, but now it's clear that there isn't much to be expected from this man. Such a shame really.
User avatar
Panko
Posts: 15
Joined: 2017 Oct 18, 10:09
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby Panko » 2017 Nov 15, 16:44

Ocrin wrote:I have a few suggestions for this set.

TS: 71 - It could be even lower actually, I rarely see him displaying decent speed. I actually have him under 70 in my OF; it may look harsh but I find it replicates his movement way better than a high speed rating does.
DA: 77 - He's good on the ball, but 82? He hasn't displayed such technique for ages.
HEA: 82 - He used to suck at heading. Even though he isn't Ramos, he actually has good timing in the air and decent accuracy.
JUM: 77 - As I said, he became better in the hair and has decent jumping. Most of his duels are won due to his height but he isn't as bad of a jumper as 70 suggests.
MEN - He displays nice leadership and fighting spirit from time to time. He also performs nicely under pressure, I don't remember see him drop his level in a difficult game. Actually, under pressure he becomes more aggressive, both offensively and defensively. Maybe mid 70s?
Physical contact/BB: 84/85 - He has fair strength on and off the ball and 83 feels low for a player like him. He isn't the tank his height and weight could allow him to be, but he really is decently strong, doesn't get outmuscled often and a few more points would do him justice.


Body control, Curve, EP and FKA could go down by a few points as well (max 2-3) but it's mostly cosmetic.


This post was made quite long time ago, but those points are still relevant. Despite overall approval of proposed changes they haven't been implemented. I agree with remarks about 71 ts being too drastic of a change, as it was pointed out he's horribly slow at start as well as during any turns (hence agility and acc in 60s), over distance though his speed is actually quite decent, green value is more than deserved.

I'd also say that 77 da would be also too low. I believe that he's at least worthy of 79. Even if not as impressive as in the past, he still has extraordinary control for a CB. 77 would put him too close to average values on this position.
User avatar
toaad
Posts: 589
Joined: 2015 Jun 09, 03:09
Has thanked: 232 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby toaad » 2018 Jan 10, 04:11

I'm really liking the way CB's are judging with a method that prioritizes each player's individuality by reinforcing their main attributes and breaking default values ​​into stats that aren't primary in their essence as a player.
I understand and like the idea about the set of Sergio Ramos and David Luiz but I really have doubts about Pique, he isnt a player that im familiar but have the impression that DEF in 87 is too high for him.
Again, just an impression and maybe this value is even deserved but I wanted to hear from you guys about this set and especially about his defense, even to ''confirm'' this value.

* agree with the other stats suggested above.
User avatar
dakar95
Posts: 358
Joined: 2013 Mar 05, 20:09
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby dakar95 » 2018 Mar 27, 22:18

Class
Spoiler: show
Image
Ocrin
Posts: 794
Joined: 2014 Jan 12, 23:09
Location: Guadeloupe
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 306 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Dec 13, 16:29

I'd say the current Body control value is not quite right. If anything, the default 60 was closer to what he deserves. He's clunky, awkward, unagile in his movement, and to be honest he could have even been a tiny bit lower than 60.
Besides formulas, is there a reason to have him this high?
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
User avatar
tomitos
Posts: 172
Joined: 2012 Nov 12, 22:54
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby tomitos » 2018 Dec 21, 16:32

Ocrin wrote:I'd say the current Body control value is not quite right. If anything, the default 60 was closer to what he deserves. He's clunky, awkward, unagile in his movement, and to be honest he could have even been a tiny bit lower than 60.
Besides formulas, is there a reason to have him this high?


That was my update, it was part of the massive correction of Body Control, and my only test was to compare his values in PES 6 and PES 19, using formulas and just some pesmaster reference. But I have not seen him play enough to know what body control deserves, what value do you suggest Ocrin?
Ocrin
Posts: 794
Joined: 2014 Jan 12, 23:09
Location: Guadeloupe
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 306 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Dec 22, 23:57

The default 60 looked quite like him. If anything, he could even have been 1 or 2 points lower. He's not the only Barcelona player that should be this way; Busquets is even worse, definitely mid/high 50s, and Piqué is just a tiny bit above him IMO.
Maybe my opinion on them is harsh but that's how I see them.

I just checked his default set on PESMaster, indeed he's 72, but he's also 88 physical contact which is completely wrong. They see a tall, heavy guy, they just slap high power on him.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
User avatar
furymaker
Posts: 1536
Joined: 2011 Aug 23, 01:23
Location: Sarajevo,BiH
Has thanked: 240 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby furymaker » 2018 Dec 23, 18:36

he's definitely awkward and clunky as you said, it was even more obvious when I watched him in person, he just looks sloppy, doesn't look like he's in complete control of his body, Busquets gave me the same impression.

I'd say even Suarez looks a bit sloppier than the rest that I paid attention to, but Suarez is just incredibly strong, he's a bull, so it doesn't look as obvious as in tall skinny guys like Pique and Busquets.
Ocrin
Posts: 794
Joined: 2014 Jan 12, 23:09
Location: Guadeloupe
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 306 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Dec 23, 19:26

furymaker wrote:he's definitely awkward and clunky as you said, it was even more obvious when I watched him in person, he just looks sloppy, doesn't look like he's in complete control of his body, Busquets gave me the same impression.

I'd say even Suarez looks a bit sloppier than the rest that I paid attention to, but Suarez is just incredibly strong, he's a bull, so it doesn't look as obvious as in tall skinny guys like Pique and Busquets.


Suarez does have that awkward look too, but I wouldn't say he's clunky. He doesn't give that "lack of control" feeling from my standpoint, he actually has a great ability to keep/regain balance even in awkward position, which is part of his strength and why he's so much of a pain in duels. Busquets and Piqué are the exact opposite. I see him with higher body control actually, I use 86/86 for BC anc PC in my of and it feels much like him IMO.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
User avatar
tomitos
Posts: 172
Joined: 2012 Nov 12, 22:54
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby tomitos » 2018 Dec 26, 15:04

Ok, so if nobody objects, I'm going to change his body control to 59.
sunsaegnim
Posts: 75
Joined: 2016 Mar 14, 03:07
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby sunsaegnim » 2019 Mar 02, 21:48

Deserving at least high green mentality this season
User avatar
Suji
Posts: 46
Joined: 2019 Jan 26, 14:22
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby Suji » 2019 Mar 10, 09:13

The current form Gerard (and the last season too) deserve DEF PROW=90 and BALL WIN=88. Tried many combinations with varying values but these values with 83 physical contact feel the most realistic in PES 17.
vegitot
Posts: 23
Joined: 2017 Dec 28, 20:14
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Gerard Piqué

Postby vegitot » 2019 Mar 15, 17:34

i think he deserve 90 on defence. he really back to his best

Return to “FC Barcelona”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests