Re: Mikel Merino

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Feb 15, 22:00

next season he will play for BVB...

https://twitter.com/BVB/status/69926343 ... 68/photo/1
Eternal Night
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Eternal Night » 2016 Jun 18, 08:36

Updated this very good player, Spanish NT material for sure in the future. DMF in the style of Julian Weigl-Sergio Busquets but he's improving a lot in attack.
The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
Eternal Night

Postby Eternal Night » 2016 Jun 19, 10:44

Well, the summer transfer window isn't open. This is a transfer from CA Osasuna to Borussia Dortmund and not a loan return ;)
The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Jun 19, 10:57

i know, but honestly i have 300+ transfers on my list and all officially confirmed, i figured i start now rather than do it all in one day.. feel free to move him back if you want..
sunsaegnim
Regular Poster

Postby sunsaegnim » 2019 Aug 18, 01:57

Don't watch him a lot but every time i do i have the impression that his stamina is great, like mid/high yellows, today vs Valencia he was everywhere in the pitch and pressing as well.

Edit: some of his recent heatmaps:
vs Belgium in the Euro U-21
Spoiler: show

vs Valencia

vs Mallorca (subbed off at 73')

vs Athletic Bilbao

vs Atlético de Madrid
sunsaegnim
Regular Poster

Postby sunsaegnim » 2019 Nov 14, 23:12

sunsaegnim wrote:Don't watch him a lot but every time i do i have the impression that his stamina is great, like mid/high yellows, today vs Valencia he was everywhere in the pitch and pressing as well.

vs Valencia

vs Athletic Bilbao

vs Atlético de Madrid

So, I wached more of him to confirm this theory about his stamina and found he's actually not that great as I tought in energy (Like Parejo, he moves everywhere but not always running) but still deserves a few tweaks in his set imo.

He's playing like an hybrid CMF/DMF in a very supportive role: draws back to trigger the build up as he has a decent pressing resistance, offers options to both Sidebacks when the ball is on the wing and participates frenquently in Real Sociedad's diamond shape offensive pressing. So my suggestions for him would be: 84 for Dribble Accuracy, 83 for Stamina, 85/86 for Teamwork and 73 for Body Control. Would also remove P02 - Anchor Man and SMF position.
Eternal Night

Postby Eternal Night » 2019 Nov 15, 22:53

sunsaegnim wrote:
sunsaegnim wrote:Don't watch him a lot but every time i do i have the impression that his stamina is great, like mid/high yellows, today vs Valencia he was everywhere in the pitch and pressing as well.

vs Valencia

vs Athletic Bilbao

vs Atlético de Madrid

So, I wached more of him to confirm this theory about his stamina and found he's actually not that great as I tought in energy (Like Parejo, he moves everywhere but not always running) but still deserves a few tweaks in his set imo.

He's playing like an hybrid CMF/DMF in a very supportive role: draws back to trigger the build up as he has a decent pressing resistance, offers options to both Sidebacks when the ball is on the wing and participates frenquently in Real Sociedad's diamond shape offensive pressing. So my suggestions for him would be: 84 for Dribble Accuracy, 83 for Stamina, 85/86 for Teamwork and 73 for Body Control. Would also remove P02 - Anchor Man and SMF position.

Done :)
Nazerene
New Contributor

Postby Nazerene » 2019 Nov 20, 21:08

vs Valencia

vs Athletic Bilbao

vs Atlético de Madrid

Remarkable data calculator. What tool/website did you use here?
sunsaegnim
Regular Poster

Postby sunsaegnim » 2019 Nov 20, 21:18

Nazerene wrote:

vs Valencia

vs Athletic Bilbao

vs Atlético de Madrid

Remarkable data calculator. What tool/website did you use here?

They are from whoscored.com
Eternal Night

Postby Eternal Night » 2020 Mar 18, 23:39

This player is improving his level match after match, getting no one to remember Asier Illarramendi.
I remember when I saw him playing in El Sadar, stadium of CA Osasuna, in Spanish Segunda División. He seemed like an interesting promise, but the level he's reaching I couldn't wait for.

The Spanish NT is not very far for him.

Updated.
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2020 Mar 22, 00:51

Good to see him playing consistently well lately, after those seasons struggling with form and game play (language barrier with German or English, I guess?).

He's a fairly intelligent and technically proficient deep-lying playmaker, naturally slow as the current set display, but extremely aware of his backbones and drawbacks as a footballer. He's not a really creative playmaker, not an artist midfielder by any means. But he's quite good at dictating tempo and slowering it a lot when keeping massive ball possesion becomes mandatory during matches.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2020 Jul 18, 10:38

with odegaard facing injury issues, isak being inconsistent, he's easily now their best performing player, he's outstanding as that rodri/busquets type of player, could very well go to top clubs and could be fighting with marc roca, rodri, llorente (if he's not considered a striker now) for a more balanced option, but considering they have saul and busquets as well, we'll see, honestly i'd move on from busquets and just let the others fight it from there.

Return to “Real Sociedad de Fútbol”