Midfielders: Adem Ljajić - _tur Beşiktaş JK
Nemanja Matić - _eng Manchester United FC
Nenad Krstičić - _srb FK Crvena zvezda
Luka Milivojević - _eng Crystal Palace FC
Marko Grujić - _ger Hertha BSC Berlin

Strikers:
Luka Jović - _ger Eintracht Frankfurt

Formation:

(will be updated during the competition)

Team Tactics:

Piece Takers:
Long Free Kicks:
Short Free Kicks:
FK 2nd Taker:
Left Corner Kicks:
Right Corner Kicks:
Penalties:
Players to come up on set pieces:

Older Competitions Rosters:
Serbia | 2010 FIFA World Cup

Last edited by VUKDS on 2018 Oct 10, 23:44, edited 102 times in total.
Llanca60

Re: Serbia | 13/11/2015

Postby Llanca60 » 2016 May 11, 23:38

this season Astana making a team to reach on the UCL Group stage again, but Without Foxy,Maksimovic, Dzholchiev and Twumasi be so hard
In addition to the recession on the country is sure to be fence to Europe
cantona86

Re: Serbia | 13/11/2015

Postby cantona86 » 2016 Oct 06, 21:33

cantona86

Re: Serbia | 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification

Postby cantona86 » 2016 Nov 13, 17:11

jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 Dec 30, 21:00

why doesnt this thread have recent call ups?
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2016 Dec 30, 22:40

it's been a while since when pantela has put an editor link in the first post and i've been updating it regularly since then but someone has changed the format again so i've gave up. current list is made by an october list for the games vs moldavia and austria, the one from november is pretty similar despite a few names.
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2017 Mar 09, 12:35

vs Georgia, 24 March, Tbilisi

Golmani: Vladimir Stojković (Notingem Forest), Predrag Rajković (Makabi, Tel Aviv), Aleksandar Jovanović (Arhus)

Defanzivci: Branislav Ivanović (Zenit), Jagoš Vuković (Konja), Stefan Miotrović (Gent), Nikola Maksimović (Napoli), Aleksandar Kolarov (Mančester Siti), Ivan Obradović (Anderleht), Antonio Rukavina (Viljareal), Uroš Spajić (Anderleht)

Vezisti: Ljubomir Fejsa (Benfika), Luka Milivojević (Kristal Palas), Nemanja Radoja (Selta), Nemanja Matić (Čelsi), Dušan Tadić (Sautempton), Filip Kostić (Hamburg), Zoran Tošić (CSKA Moskva), Mijat Gaćinović (Ajntraht)

Napadači: Lazar Marković (Hal), Andrija Pavlović (Kopenhagen), Aleksandar Mitrović (Njukasl), Uroš Đurđević (Partizan)
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2017 May 19, 11:13

Golmani: Vladimir Stojković (Notingem Forest), Predrag Rajković (Makabi Tel Aviv), Aleksandar Jovanović (Arhus)

Odbrana: Branislav Ivanović (Zenit), Jagoš Vuković (Konja), Stefan Mitrović (Gent), Matija Nastasić (Šalke), Aleksandar Kolarov (Mančester Siti), Uroš Spajić (Anderleht), Miloš Kosanović (Standard), Ivan Obradović (Anderleht), Antonio Rukavina (VIljareal).

Vezni red: Ljubomir Fejsa (Benfika), Luka Milivojević (Kristal Palas), Nemanja Matić (Čelsi), Nemanja Radoja (Selta), Nemanja Gudelj (Tjanđin Teda), Zoran Tošić (CSKA), Mijat Gaćinović (Ajntraht), Kostić (Hamburger), Aleksandar Katai (Alaves), Dušan Tadić (Sautempton)

Napad: Aleksandar Mitrović (Njukasl), Andrija Pavlović (Kopenhagen), Aleksandar Prijović (PAOK)
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2017 Oct 30, 18:29

Well, I guess that these fellas are gonna hire even worse coach than Muslin. It's also not the smartest move to fire the coach just a bit before the WC. They were probably like ''hey, he really knows his job but he doesn't want to cooperate with us, doesn't want to put SMS in team, so he needs to go.. yeah, his game is also really boring, he likes to defends''. They perhaps don't know what are they doing and I don't think that they've fired Muslin due a serious professional reasons. I wish they did, but..

By the way, Savic surely deserves his place in the defence.
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2017 Oct 30, 19:45

VUKDS wrote:Image

Vujadin Savic, I guess?
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2017 Oct 30, 20:02

KeyserSoze wrote:
VUKDS wrote:By the way, Savic surely deserves his place in the defence.

Vujadin Savic, I guess?

Yes. He is playing like a boss, totally unexpected if you ask me... His set is saying a lot about his former reputation, and it's gonna be updated soon.
He is a top notch in the tactically good team like a Red Star. Strong, great in the air, calm, tactically fine. His technical abilities are a wonderful and certainly one of his biggest qualities, no wonder why Jokanovic has signed a contract with him while he was at Watford. Till now, he is doing really great, except of one mistake in the EL game against BATE.
Take a look at this, he is doing things like this whenever he is able to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xXBpYMVI3A His passing is also on a great level, he is able to skip a couple of defensive blocks by them.
Rex

Postby Rex » 2017 Oct 31, 01:08

VUKDS wrote:Image
Well, I guess that these fellas are gonna hire even worse coach than Muslin. It's also not the smartest move to fire the coach just a bit before the WC. They were probably like ''hey, he really knows his job but he doesn't want to cooperate with us, doesn't want to put SMS in team, so he needs to go.. yeah, his game is also really boring, he likes to defends''. They perhaps don't know what are they doing and I don't think that they've fired Muslin due a serious professional reasons. I wish they did, but..

From those (candidates) that i know, there's no worse manager than Muslin. Even Weiss, former Georgian manager is obviously better, outplayed Muslin in both games with much weaker side, it was embarassing to see how Georgia controled the game in Belgrade for very long period (without Ananidze), and in Tbilisi they had 110% chance to score for 2:0, but their player missed the open goal.

On the other hand, Weiss doesn't look as a good choice, because he is far from being a pragmatic manager, his style is possession based, he made Georgia look quite serious on the ball, but he took over in march 2016. Also he didn't opt to close the game in Tbilisi (neither in Belgrade, but who gives a fuck, it wasnt important for them) so their players were not able to hold the tempo of pressing and running, and we scored goals on pure individual quality. He could be a choice if you want to make a system, but you hire him before the qualifiers (like Georgians did) and you also know that his idealistic approach can cost you.

Not ideal, but surely better than Muslin anyway.

Never seen Jovanović and his teams, but just that one result with Apoel in 2012. HIGHLY LIKELY (not going to say surely) puts him above Muslin.

Stanojević would be a much better solution, from various reasons, but the biggest would me a motivational. Stanojević is far from being a tactical genius, but he has loads of energy, he's still young, he could use his methods and his approach to install his fighting spirit, you don't need long period of time, especially in tournament such aa WC. You have players playing for their homeland, you just need that final touch in motivating. A speech, literally one speach before the game. Just a basic set up, with cautious approach and extra dose of motivation, thats sort of thing Stanojević gives to you. Muslin is too old, cant give them an extra final motivating moment + is tactically inept.

A much much better solution.

For Prosinečki, almost the same case as Weiss. Ive seen Azerbaijan vs Germany this year. He brought the system, won the highest amount of points for them in history, but also is idealistic, and is not the best solution to takeover just before the tournament. Yeah, forgot to say that he tried to outplay Germany, they even scored a goal for 1:1, eventually lost 1:4.

Again, same conclusion. Not ideal, but cant be worse than Muslin.

At the end, Muslin is just a shit defensive manager. We conceded 10 goals against Wales (2) Austria (5) Ireland (2) Georgia (1) in 8 matches against them.

For every of those goals, literally, you can find Muslin's mistake. Line being too high (the best example Burgstaler's goal against us in Wien), just due to his poor man managment (Stefan Mitrovićs shockers) or trying to play from the back against teams that can press very well (Wales away, Nastasić giving away the ball, Bale scoring) Georgia away as a mix of bad managment and tactical solution (Kolarov, played out of position as a LCB, giving the ball away under pressure)

The number of conceded big chances (a real statistical category) was extremely high. From the positions the Georgians made in both Tbilisi and Belgrade, a serious team would score 6. Lucky for us, pressing, running and just being a limited team made them scoring only one in two games.

His instructions against Austria away, were so bad, that he literally sounded like an idiot. We were needlesly high, and on 1:1 he actually shouted "why are we playing back passes"?! Instead of playing cleverly, and trying to keep the draw, he went for a win, and deservedly lost, a 1 goal margine was too small, Austrians should've scored 5 at least. With that eventual draw, a draw against Georgians wouldve be enough to secure the spot. Ofcourse, you must go for a win against them at home, but we needed to win, and that added an extra fear between our players.

At the end, not playing Sergej MS is just extremely stupid. A fucking beast, one of the best young attacking midfielders in Europe, a leader of Lazio, as good as Alli, score for fun, assist for fun, can drop dreeper as a CM (his physicall presence allows him that, he's no worse than Pogba in defence), can be used in so many ways,and you ignore him?

Idk what are the reasons of FSS to sack him. I agree with you that highly unlikely is just connected with sports. But i don't care at the end of a day. They can't choose a worse coach, and if they choose wisely, they can get a better options by a million miles.
Relja's not dead
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2017 Oct 31, 03:44

During this period, only one man is making a decisions and he doesn't have a clue about anything. Even if he brings a more quality coach, that won't be due a plan or strategy. He surely thinks that Muslin is a good coach, but as he doesn't want to listen his advices and his game isn't really beautiful, he's decided to fire him. Knowing him, it's good to see that he doesn't want to bring Maradona.

After all, this should have happened a long time ago. Guy's won the place on the WC and he's got fired. Obviously, after he didn't want to accept some things.

I am for a quality tactician, a modern and smart coach. I don't think that these high possession coaches are the right choise. They have a vision but it's unrealistic to expect a result from them, especially with this kind of roster. If I remember well, Paunovic might be an interesting option.
Rex

Postby Rex » 2017 Oct 31, 12:07

He could be, i didnt see much of Serbia u20 (i dont follow MLS) when we won the WC,just knockout stage and most of those just some periods of the game, but that was a major success. On the other hand, we have Drulovic as a reminder that judging only by results when in charge of youth NT can be tricky. He's no fucking Drulović for sure, but who knows how good is he, and what his ideas are. He'a spanish man. But yeah, for me too he seems like a good coach, and i'd give him a chance, i mean i'd support his appointment
Relja's not dead
VUKDS

Re: Serbia | FIFA World Cup 2018

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Jun 01, 16:28

GK Jovanovic, Nastasic, Nemanja Maksimovic and Gacinovic are out of the final squad.
VUKDS

Re: Serbia | FIFA World Cup 2018

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Aug 24, 15:21

New squad for the games against Lithuania and Romania:

Goalkeepers:
Predrag Rajkovic
Marko Dmitrovic
Aleksandar Jovanovic

Defenders:
Aleksandar Kolarov
Antonio Rukavina
Jagos Vukovic