Iran | FIFA World Cup 2018

Forum rules
Persee
Regular Poster

Iran | FIFA World Cup 2018

Postby Persee » 2008 Dec 13, 18:54

Iranian National Team

Nickname: Team Melli (The National Team)

Official Website: ffiri.ir

Manager: _por Carlos Quieroz

Team Roster:

Goalkeepers:
#1 - Alireza Beiranvand - _irn Persepolis
#12 - Mohammad Rashid Mazaheri - _irn Esfahan
#23 - Amir Abedzadeh - _por Marítimo

Defenders:
#4 - Rouzbeh Cheshmi - _irn Esteghlal
#5 - Milad Mohammadi - _rus Akhmat Grozny
#8 - Morteza Pouraliganji - _qat Al-Sadd
#13 - Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh - _irn Padideh
#15 - Pejman Montazeri - _irn Esteghlal
#19 - Majid Hosseini - _irn Esteghlal
#23 - Ramin Rezaeian - _bel Oostende

Midfielders:
#2 - Mehdi Torabi - _irn Saipa
#3 - Ehsan Hajsafi - _gre Olympiacos
#6 - Saeid Ezatolahi - _rus Amkar Perm
#7 - Masoud Shojaei - _gre AEK (captain)
#9 - Omid Ebrahimi - _irn Esteghlal
#11 - Vahid Amiri - _irn Persepolis
#14 - Saman Ghoddos - _swe Östersund
#21 - Ashkan Dejagah - free agent

Strikers:
#10 - Karim Ansarifard - _gre Olympiacos
#16 - Reza Ghoochannejhad - _ned Heerenveen
#17 - Mehdi Taremi - _qat Al-Gharafa
#18 - Alireza Jahanbakhsh - _ned AZ
#20 - Sardar Azmoun - _rus Rubin

Recent Call-ups/Reserves:
MF - Ali Gholizadehi - _irn Saipa

Formation:

(will be updated during the competition)

Team Tactics: 4-3-3

Piece Takers:
Long Free Kicks:
Short Free Kicks:
FK 2nd Taker:
Left Corner Kicks:
Right Corner Kicks:
Penalties:
Players to come up on set pieces:

Older Competitions Rosters:
World Cup 2014

Last edited by Persee on 2014 Sep 16, 21:59, edited 58 times in total.
Ackee
New Contributor

Re: IRAN

Postby Ackee » 2010 Sep 17, 07:58

Iran needs a update in rooster and maybe formation to. Iran has recently played much 4-3-3 and some 4-2-3-1
ballack13
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby ballack13 » 2010 Oct 22, 04:19

Fixed all the broken links.

Looking at some of the players stats, I really think many are underated. Seriously, some of the players ratings are so poor, I dont think they would make it into the Faroe Islands NT.

Iran may not be good but still they are a powerhouse in Asia and can give South Korea, Japan and a lot of teams a tough game.
Ace
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Ace » 2010 Dec 30, 23:42

Updated with Asian Cup official players and numbers
Pedrum
Former Lurker

Postby Pedrum » 2010 Dec 31, 10:54

New squad/Asian Cup 2011/4-3-2-1

GK: Rahmati
RCB: J. Hosseini
LCB: Aghili
RB: Heydari
LB: Hajisafi
DMF: Teymourian
DMF: Nekounam ©
CMF: P. Nouri
RMF: Khalatbari
LMF: Shojaei
CF: Gholami
Persee
Regular Poster

Postby Persee » 2011 Jan 01, 10:35

Very good work Ace ;)
Ackee
New Contributor

Postby Ackee » 2011 Jan 01, 15:04

As it seems Ghotbi is going to play a 4-3-3 formation against Iraq and North Korea, and 4-2-3-1 against UAE.

So I think that this will probably be is main formation and starting eleven.

Rahmati
Heydari - Hosseini - Aghili - Hajsafi
Nekounam
Teymourian - Nouri
Khalatbari - Gholami - Khalatbari.

If his going for a 4-2-3-1 formation, that I think Ghotbi is only going to use against UAE, it will probably look like this.

Rahmati
Heydari - Hosseini - Aghili - Hajsafi
Nekounam - Teymourian
Khalatbari - Shojaei - Gholamreza Rezaei
Gholami

That I'am quite unsure about is the wingbacks. Ghotbi could bench one of Heydari or Hajsafi, and start with Nosrati instead.

In the 4-3-3 formation, Ghotbi plays with Nekounam as DMF and Teymourian and Nouri as CMF.

In the 4-3-3 formation, he likes to use wingforwards, with some defensive duties. It's like 4-3-3 in attack, and 4-5-1 in defense.

In the 4-2-3-1 formation, I'am not 100 % sure that he will use Shojaei as amf. There is a risk that Shojaei is moved to the wing, Mobali as Amf and Gholamreza Rezaei is benched.

Iran is always playing with high pressure and a high defensive line in 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1.
Last edited by Ackee on 2011 Jan 01, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Ackee
New Contributor

Postby Ackee » 2011 Jan 01, 15:08

ballack13 wrote:Fixed all the broken links.

Looking at some of the players stats, I really think many are underated. Seriously, some of the players ratings are so poor, I dont think they would make it into the Faroe Islands NT.

Iran may not be good but still they are a powerhouse in Asia and can give South Korea, Japan and a lot of teams a tough game.

Which players do you have in mind? Let's take a look at those players and update them. We also must make stats for Hadadifar, Rahimi, Mirzapour, Afshin, Nourozi and Gordan. I have seen Hadadifar a lot, but not even one game with Rahimi. So if anyone have seen Rahimi play, please help us make his stats as fair as possible! I also can help a bit with Gordan and Mirzapour.
ballack13
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby ballack13 » 2011 Jan 01, 20:02

Ackee,

Many of them! THey are just so underated..

For instance, Gholami..stats like 74 attack, 72 shot accuracy, 71 response...these are such low ratings. Pretty much bottom of any league ladder. This is the national teams starting forward, no way he is this bad!!!!

Many of the Iranian players stats are like this..I think as a whole, they are all very underated. For instance, look at Japan or South korea and compared to Iran NT stats. Sure Japan and SK are better teams but not by such a huge margin. In fact, any game between Iran and SK or Japan is going to be very close..either side can win. However with some of the stats of our players, not likely at all.

Another example, Iran recently played Lazio in a friendly in Italy. Ended up 1-1 but Iran totally dominated the game and were missing key players. The forwards we had were clearly much better than the current stats suggest.

I put up a new set for Hajisafi but nobody seems to care..please look it over. I think it's far more realistic.

If I can watch the Asia Cup games, I'm going to give suggestions for the Iran players.
Persee
Regular Poster

Postby Persee » 2011 Jan 01, 20:26

I have seen Haddadifar alot too, I can help on making him, Ackee do you want me to make him or do you want me to do him, and them if my set have some tweaks, you guys can make suggestions ??? So??
ballack13
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby ballack13 » 2011 Jan 01, 21:03

Can you make the other missing guys? Especially Norouzi....he's supposed to be very talented from what I hear.
Persee
Regular Poster

Postby Persee » 2011 Jan 02, 07:55

I will try when I have time ;)
Ackee
New Contributor

Postby Ackee » 2011 Jan 02, 11:21

ballack13 wrote:Ackee,

Many of them! THey are just so underated..

For instance, Gholami..stats like 74 attack, 72 shot accuracy, 71 response...these are such low ratings. Pretty much bottom of any league ladder. This is the national teams starting forward, no way he is this bad!!!!

Many of the Iranian players stats are like this..I think as a whole, they are all very underated. For instance, look at Japan or South korea and compared to Iran NT stats. Sure Japan and SK are better teams but not by such a huge margin. In fact, any game between Iran and SK or Japan is going to be very close..either side can win. However with some of the stats of our players, not likely at all.

Another example, Iran recently played Lazio in a friendly in Italy. Ended up 1-1 but Iran totally dominated the game and were missing key players. The forwards we had were clearly much better than the current stats suggest.

I put up a new set for Hajisafi but nobody seems to care..please look it over. I think it's far more realistic.

If I can watch the Asia Cup games, I'm going to give suggestions for the Iran players.

Yes, I posted in Gholamis thread before. I was seriously laughing when I saw Gholamis stats. I didn't know that he would fit good in swedish division 1... He is far better than those stats showing.

A thought about the starting eleven written in the first post. Maybe we could change it? Hosseini isn't going to play right back in Asian cup, only time he would do that, if Heydari and Nosrati are injured.

I think that Ghotbi is going to play a 4-3-3 formation, maybe we could change that formation and starting eleven to that I wrote in my recent post?
raza
Former Lurker

Postby raza » 2011 Apr 16, 12:18

your data base about iran is not up to date.
the manager of iran now is carlos keresh (from portogal).
the club players is not changed 1 year!
the player states and their number and club too :cry: :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :x :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
raza
Former Lurker

Postby raza » 2011 Apr 16, 12:22

15. Ghasem HADADIFAR - _irn Zob Ahan is one of best players of Asia an with his team (zob Ahan) last year placed in second team of Asia and his states is not avilabe!!!
raza
Former Lurker

Postby raza » 2011 Apr 16, 12:28

the classic players of iran were very power full , you dont think that is not bad to SURVEY the classic player off this HISTORIAN off asia's football
ballack13
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby ballack13 » 2012 Jun 06, 19:12

Updated first post squad and numbers.
Persee
Regular Poster

Postby Persee » 2012 Sep 12, 18:36

Where is ballack these days? Is there no one no more that works on Iran players? I feel they need updates. I just posted now regular squad member Mohammad GHAZI hopefully the moderator will publish it soon
PIPA23
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby PIPA23 » 2013 May 10, 10:25

Persee
Regular Poster

Postby Persee » 2013 Nov 17, 07:24

Wow god, please someone update the first post! Seriously! Most of the players are already created! I don't know where to start but roughly: remove Rahmati and add Daniel Davari of Braunschweig instead. Remove Aghili, add Steven Beitashour from San Jose Earthquakes, add Alireza Jahanbakhsh from NEC Nijmegen, remove Ali Karimi
mracho
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby mracho » 2013 Nov 19, 09:49

PM jurgens, he'll give you the first post so that you can update it yourself. :)

EDIT: Maybe you could post in the "National team first post" thread rather than PMing him actually.

Return to “AFC”