NATIONAL TEAM TEMPLATE (TO BE FOLLOWED) | 20/10/2013

Forum rules
Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

NATIONAL TEAM TEMPLATE (TO BE FOLLOWED) | 20/10/2013

Postby Epsi » 2013 Jan 31, 14:52

Please use this template to create national teams or to update the old ones. The ones who don't follow this template will be warned and will eventually lose the first post of their own thread.

NATIONAL TEAM TEMPLATE:

TITLE: TEAM NAME | 20/10/2013 (LAST CALL-UPS DATE)

Spoiler: show
National Team Template

*TEAM LOGO*

Nickname: Nickname

Official Website: team official website name

Manager: _ita Head Coach

Team Roster:

*Team Photo*

Goalkeepers:
#1 - Keeper - _ita Team
#12 - Keeper - _ita Team
#23 - Keeper - _ita Team

Defenders:
#2 - Defender - _ita Team
#3 - Defender - _ita Team
#4 - Defender - _ita Team
#6 - Defender - _ita Team
#7 - Defender - _ita Team
#15 - Defender - _ita Team
#19 - Defender - _ita Team
#20 - Defender - _ita Team

Midfielders:
#5 - Midfielder - _ita Team (captain)
#8 - Midfielder - _ita Team
#13 - Midfielder - _ita Team
#16 - Midfielder - _ita Team
#18 - Midfielder - _ita Team
#21 - Midfielder - _ita Team
#22 - Midfielder - _ita Team

Strikers:
#9 - Forward - _ita Team
#10 - Forward - _ita Team
#11 - Forward - _ita Team
#14 - Forward - _ita Team
#17 - Forward - _ita Team

Recent Call-ups/Reserves:

Goalkeepers:
Reserve - _ita Team

Defenders:
Reserve - _ita Team

Midfielders:
Reserve - _ita Team

Strikers:
Reserve - _ita Team

Formation:

*FORMATION IMAGE*

GK: Player (captain)
RCB: Player
LCB: Player
RB: Player
LB: Player
DMF: Player
RCMF: Player
LCMF: Player
AMF: Player
SS: Player
CF: Player

Team Tactics: ________

Piece Takers:
Long Free Kicks:
Short Free Kicks:
FK 2nd Taker:
Left Corner Kicks:
Right Corner Kicks:
Penalties:
Players to come up on set pieces:

Older Competitions Rosters:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

pelimetal

Re: NATIONAL TEAM TEMPLATE (TO BE FOLLOWED) | 20/10/2013

Postby pelimetal » 2016 Mar 12, 04:04

About template, we were using editor in CONMEBOL as many mods agreed this, besides it is easier than the one you showed.
I don´t know why we should change this, the amount of working we lost leaving behind editor is something i don´t like, if you look in editor national teams, most of them still stay there.
So, I respect your new template NT work, but I don´t agree to change CONMEBOL. About updating, I´m working on new NT players, formations, etc.
Don´t worry about that, I´ll keep udpating that section.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Mar 12, 04:13

ok no problem, for me the updating in old way is way more efficient, because in the editor, many players are missing and for me it is better to show this way wich players are not created, rather than create so called shadow players... my aim was to have all the NT teams in same style.. but if you want to update other than UEFA teams, feel free to do it.. i will update UEFA teams and some African and Asian teams this way because i have all the material and resources and all the templates for that... next will be WC qualification matches of UEFA teams and EURO squads..
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2016 May 09, 12:14

I don't like the old format to be brought back. We have a very functional editor, why don't we just use that?
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Jun 07, 00:19

i disagree on the editor part, for me the main flaw of the editor way of updating NT´s right now is the need to create shadew players, that is players who are not created in PSD yet, but are part of their NT´s, to get them inside this editor NT, they have to be created even though they are without stats basically, which means people don´t realy know what players are missing in PSD only after they click on the player and find out that his stats are in fact missing, and this is my main issue with the editor way of updating NT´s... the second issue is that you have to write the additional recently call - up players the old way anyway... so what we are left with is an imperfect NT´s with lot´s of shadow players that the users don´t know on first view they are actually missing stats.. for that i have created a missing NT players thread so people can see these players are missing... other than that i agree, that the Editor way of updating NT´s is much easyer for any mod to update than the old style... but if this function of adding just names of players would be added to editor NT´s update, without having to create a shadow player, which will perhaps motivate people to create these missing players, it would be more clear for anyone. IMO creating shadow players in retired sections without stats for the NT updates sake only is not the solution.. it only generates empty stats, which i think pelimetal is deleting once these players are out of official NT´s....but still, in less covered NT´s like Bolivia or so... it only creates an ilusion of full NT, while there are 11+ players missing in PSD for example...the old way of doing things, we could see what players are missing by simply not having the link to their individual PSD threads.

the second issue is the easy ability of old way of editing NT´s to have the COMPETITION´s older selections saved, which is impossible with editor way of doing NT´s, for example the Copa america 2015 squads are lost once they are updated to Copa America 2016 becasue the ID of the NT stayes the same.... while with Old way, we could simply write it to a single post and save it for future, at least the lineup...if not the whole stats for let´s say classic section... the new way, all the NT´s will be updated, but the old selections for the previous competitions will be erased with each update..

i hope this explains why i prefer the old way and why i have in fact created my own thread for the old way of editing NT´s in a different section of the forum. Mainly to see what players are still missing and also to keep the older competitions selections saved for future.

Return to “National Teams”