Alexander Tettey

Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Welbeck19, Phil, Brahms, Jez, Mod's

PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Alexander Tettey

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 13, 23:08

It takes one hell of a player to replace Roar Strand for Rosenborg BK and lets face it Alexander Tettey is one hell of a player! Tettey is an relatively unknown name to the common football fan, however he is probably Norway's biggest talent since Tore Andre Flo! Tettey is very much a player in the mould of Micheal Essien, Tettey like Essien is a player without any glaring weaknesses, however I'm not saying he's perfect, far from but he certainly posseses the ability, he has a fantastic work-rate, and like pretty much every other Ghanian, great power and pace. Will he make it at the top level? I definitely think so like I said he has all the key attributes and has already been linked with Racing Santander and Greek giants Olympiakos, personally I'd love to see him at Everton but you also have to ask yourself where would he fit in? And can Everton fork out their £4,000,000 asking price, which could rise in the summer depending on his form in the Tippelagen this season.

Explanations:

Attack and Defence: Very very good in both areas he is good at finding pockets of space up field and attacks like a striker he positions himself well upfield however at the same time he is good defensively, although I'd say he's slightly better attacking-wise.

Balance: Like pretty much every other Ghanian, Tettey is insanely strong he stands strong in many physical challenges and it is a part of what makes hims such a fanatastic player, again it is an area in which he is similar to Micheal Essien.

Stamina: A great engine, Tettey can run and run until the cows come home, his stamina is one of the best in the Norwegian League I was very close to putting his stamina into an orange value, but he can sometimes look tired, again his consistency stat should help.

Response: Tettey is actually very good at reading the game, which is quite rare for someone his age. He is usually he first one to every ball and has 'sharp as a tack' reactions,it is an area I believe he is 'Premiership quality' in.

Shooting: His shooting stats may look low for someone with a fairly okay scoring record , however he doesn't usually score his goals through placement he'll usually get an easy tap-in due to his decent positioning or unleash a screamer, combined with the *Middle shooting star he should be accurate enough.

Header: If you know Tettey, your probably asking yourself “ Why does he have such a low header value?, he's scored a few.” but then again so have the likes of Carlos Tevez and Marek Hamsik, but you wouldn't give them an overly high value for header as they all miss their fair share too.

Vandeach
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Alexander TETTEY

Postby Vandeach » 2009 May 01, 10:31

I think you have really underrated this guy choccy, in my opinion he'd easily do well in the Premier League. Firstly I'd up attack he always does well and often finds himself in good positions, very much like a striker, I'd up t to 70. I'd also up balance. By a lot he never gets pushed aside in the air or on the ground he ha fantastic physical strength and given his height and weight could probably warrant an 87/88. In addition to this his stamina could go up in my opinion he has by far the best stamina in the Tippelagen, it could easily be 88/89. I also think your speed stats are strange, I'd actually say his acceleration was better than his top speed, I'd say keep TS the same and make acceleration: 84. Furthermore response should be higher his reading of the game and anticipation is Premiership quality it is very rare to see a young man so adept in reading the game, it could be 82. All the passing stats could be a notch higher he is a fine distributor of the ball

Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 80

Also I think you knock down his SA and ST make shot power abut 85 and give him the *Middle Shooting it's much more realistic imo. I know his header isn't brilliant but he has scored a couple he usually gets the power but not the accuracy, I'd say about 74 for header. I'm also quite suprised at how low you rated mentality he gives everything for the team and it could be 86/87.

P.S: A quick note he probably starts more games as captain than Strand now so I think it's fair to make him captain.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
UTDFAN94
PSD Youth League

Postby UTDFAN94 » 2009 May 01, 18:35

agree with and increase in stamina and balance
Balance88
Stamina89
mentality 86
accelaration84
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 May 19, 22:01

I have a couple of doubts regarding your suggestions but I updated it for now as Choccy didn't reply here to defend his ratings...

are you sure he warrants an 88 for BB though??
I'm against you
choccy
Regular Poster

Postby choccy » 2009 May 20, 11:39

Sorry for being so slow to respond. I think Vandenach is quite right to suggest an update, I think these stats were made before I became accustomed to the ladders in here, and he's also developed quite nicely since then.

I actually think that all the stats I made for the Rosenborg players should be revised, and I'm working at it. But I still want to watch some more games with Rosenborg before doing it.

As for the suggestions, they all look good to me except BB. As PMC said, 88 seems a bit much. Tettey is strong for his size, but I don't think he's as strong as 88 indicates. I'll withold any suggestion yet though, I'll watch a couple more games before I can confidently suggest any values.

Btw, it's sweet to see some interest here, hope you guys continue that :)
Persona non grata
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 May 21, 15:50

Look at his height and weight, he'll still get out-muscled by the bigger players with an 87. I do have my own stats, they will probably be tweaked a bit by choccy and some others, but I feel there quite good as a base.

Name: Alexander Tettey

Club: Rosenborg BK
Number: 10
Position: *DMF,CMF
Nationality: Norwegian

Foot: R
Side: B

Height: 180cm
Weight: 75kg

Attack: 70
Defence: 68
Balance: 88
Stamina: 88
Top Speed: 83
Acceleration: 85
Response: 82
Agility: 76
Dribble Accuracy: 77
Dribble Speed: 83
Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 80
Shot Accuracy: 67
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 68
Free Kick Accuracy: 70
Swerve: 66
Header: 74
Jump: 81
Technique: 79
Aggression: 81
Mentality: 87
GK Skills: 50
Teamwork: 78

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot frequency: 5
Consistency: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Shooting from Distance
*Sliding(?)

It takes one hell of a player to replace Roar Strand for Rosenborg BK and lets face it Alexander Tettey is one hell of a player! Tettey is an relatively unknown name to the common football fan, however he is probably Norway's biggest talent since Tore Andre Flo! Tettey is very much a player in the mould of Micheal Essien, Tettey like Essien is a player without any glaring weaknesses, however I'm not saying he's perfect, far from but he certainly posseses the ability, he has a fantastic work-rate, and like pretty much every other Ghanian, great power and pace. Will he make it at the top level? I definitely think so like I said he has all the key attributes and has already been linked with Racing Santander and Greek giants Olympiakos, personally I'd love to see him at Everton but you also have to ask yourself where would he fit in? And can Everton fork out their £4,000,000 asking price, which could rise in the summer depending on his form in the Tippelagen this season.

Explanations:

Attack and Defence: Very very good in both areas he is good at finding pockets of space up field and attacks like a striker he positions himself well upfield however at the same time he is good defensively, although I'd say he's slightly better attacking-wise.

Balance: Like pretty much every other Ghanian, Tettey is insanely strong he stands strong in many physical challenges and it is a part of what makes hims such a fanatastic player, again it is an area in which he is similar to Micheal Essien.

Stamina: A great engine, Tettey can run and run until the cows come home, his stamina is one of the best in the Norwegian League I was very close to putting his stamina into an orange value, but he can sometimes look tired, again his consistency stat should help.

Response: Tettey is actually very good at reading the game, which is quite rare for someone his age. He is usually he first one to every ball and has 'sharp as a tack' reactions,it is an area I believe he is 'Premiership quality' in.

Shooting: His shooting stats may look low for someone with a fairly okay scoring record , however he doesn't usually score his goals through placement he'll usually get an easy tap-in due to his decent positioning or unleash a screamer, combined with the *Middle shooting star he should be accurate enough.

Header: If you know Tettey, your probably asking yourself “ Why does he have such a low header value?, he's scored a few.” but then again so have the likes of Carlos Tevez and Marek Hamsik, but you wouldn't give them an overly high value for header as they all miss their fair share too.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
devileh
Regular Poster

Postby devileh » 2009 Jun 27, 01:18

Not worthy a *sliding imo.
Not Mentality: 87 either.
Skjelbred works harder than Tettey.

These are based on Vandeach's stats:
Balance: 88-> 85
Stamina: 88-> 87
Top Speed: 83-> 80
Agility: 76-> 78
Dribble Accuracy: 77-> 78
Aggression: 81-> 84-85
Mentality: 87-> 82
The rest look quite good to me!
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 27, 19:29

Balance, I think your forgetting his fairly low height and weight values, he can outmuscle most of the bigger players and is definitely one of the strongest in the Norwegian League. Stamina, again why lower it? Also why have you put his TS so low? He can definitely out-pace people and has a very good deal of pace. Agility, I guess is OK, DA is kinda pointless raise, he doesn't have much skill on the ball anyway. Aggression is far too high, an 81 still makes him one of the most attacking defensive midfielders, he isn't as full on attacking as say Gerrard. Also mentality is stupidly low, he runs and runs so much for the team, never giving up. A great reason why he is an ideal replacement for Roar Strand, yes Skejlbred works harder than him, but he could have a 90 value for gods sake, his work-rate is insane.
devileh
Regular Poster

Postby devileh » 2009 Jun 27, 19:51

-He IS extremely aggressive! Constantly in attack. You will often find him in the opposing box, trust me. He more often behaves like an offensive CMF.
-I don't this he is any faster than the stat I supplied, he's just above averagely fast IMO.
-I still feel his Men stat was way, way, way too high. With a Men stat that high he would be unaffected by going under and he isn't. He does work hard, but not that hard.
-Balance: Okey, I just assumed there was no relation between BB, height and weight, because reading this forum noone agrees on whether it does or doesn't. My bad.
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 27, 20:06

I think he works as hard as an 87, look he compares to on the EPL ladder, for example. Also look at his consistency stat it will allow him to have bad days where he is gassed out.
choccy
Regular Poster

Postby choccy » 2009 Jun 27, 20:14

Vandeach wrote:I think he works as hard as an 87, look he compares to on the EPL ladder, for example. Also look at his consistency stat it will allow him to have bad days where he is gassed out.

I know what you mean Vandeach, in terms of DM's I think he could stand his own in a major league in Europe. But since Rosenborg bought Annan he has shifted positions and he's still developing in his new role. And if you then consider that Rosenborg most of the time steam roll their opponents it's easy to think that his AGG is higher than he'll show against proper opposition. He behaves a lot more conservative in Europe.
Persona non grata
devileh
Regular Poster

Postby devileh » 2009 Jun 28, 03:24

Well, to explain my AGG statement in short:
Most of his goals are tap-ins. Nuff' said ;)
HOWEVER, if he is played as a CMF in PES, the AGG values that are in the first post of this thread work fine because he will move like he does IRL when in the CMF role.
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2009 Aug 03, 06:50

move to Rennes
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
The Special One
PSD Youth League

Postby The Special One » 2009 Aug 06, 16:15

PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 Aug 06, 16:24

moved
I'm against you
jmg721
PSD Guru

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 28, 07:19

Can we fix this thread?
"The Recoba Effect"
Ajacied_Breda1
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Aug 28, 11:57

Well, you're the global mod around here no? ;)
Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
jmg721
PSD Guru

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 28, 21:15

Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Well, you're the global mod around here no? ;)

Yeah...but we have 4 mods for this league, and another mod who made a new set of stats for this player. So I feel I'd be mettling to try and sort this all out w/o even knowing the player 8-)
"The Recoba Effect"
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Aug 28, 21:18

They have moved nearly all of mys stats into the first post anyway, I just think we should put my stats into the first post, and if need be, one of the Ligue 1 mods could edit him.
choccy
Regular Poster

Postby choccy » 2010 Feb 17, 18:20

There's quite a huge gap between my evaluation and Tettey's update, how do you guys feel about his stats now that he's been in France for a while?

Considering what he's done for Rosenborg and the limited time he's had with the NT, I think his BB is too high. 88 is too extreme, IMO his current BB is a confusion between his agressive style and his actual strength in the tackle. I haven't seen him for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if his passing has become better since he joined Rennes. IMO PSD undervalues the potential for improvement that different coaching styles might influence players from "lesser" countries like Norway. Having said that, the passing stats are a bit generous in the first place. His passing play was very basic until he left Rosenborg.
Persona non grata

Return to “Norwich City FC”