PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Ben Gibson

Postby PES Stats Database » 2015 Apr 22, 13:53

KeyserSoze
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Ben Gibson

Postby KeyserSoze » 2017 Apr 17, 16:28

He's so simple yet so effective with his rough, no nonsense style of defending. I'm not sure if his TW needs to be as high as this, though.

But I'm glad that both fans and the media are giving him proper credit despite the poor form of Boro. As I commented in Valdés' thread, Middlesbrough has a fairly solid backline for being second from bottom in the table.

It would be a shame that he gets lost outside of Premier League if he goes down with Boro. I don't care if he's not exactly an elegant, cultured defender. He's shown to have what it takes to play properly as CB in the top tier.
Last edited by KeyserSoze on 2017 Apr 17, 17:39, edited 2 times in total.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 Apr 17, 17:22

KeyserSoze wrote:He's so simple yet so effective with his rough, no nonsense style of defending. I'm not sure if his TW needs to be as high as this, though.

But I'm glad that both people and the media are giving him proper credit despite the poor form of Boro. As I commented in Valdés' thread, Middlesborough has a fairly solid backline for being second from bottom in the table.

It would be a shame that he gets lost outside of Premier League if he goes down with Boro. I don't care if he's not exactly an elegant, cultured defender. He's shown to have what it takes to play properly as CB in the top tier.

That is my favourite style of defender. I am pesonally tired of "technically refined" defenders like Luiz, Ramos or IDK who. I'd be perfectly fine with them, but their technical qualities are almost always followed by brainless defending. No nonsense defending all the way.
anOKguy
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Jul 14, 02:58

To me, 82 is a bit too high for him. He played 60 something minutes all campaign, without being injured. He’s the 4th CB in the team and I rate him below Mee who is at 80 def for instance from what I’ve seen of him play in seasons past. He’s a physical guy who wins a lot of duels with that attribute, but struggles in other parts of the game.

Return to “Norwich City FC”