Aaron Lennon

Moderators: Welbeck19, Brahms, Jez, BigStu, Phil, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Aaron Lennon

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 07:57

Last edited by vinnie on 2013 Mar 01, 03:17, edited 4 times in total.
vinnie

Re: Aaron Lennon

Postby vinnie » 2013 Mar 11, 21:35

He deserves 83 DA for how he performs in game. 83 is a value that, with his AGI, ACC and DS, gives him a good control in turning and, and carrying the ball. It makes him clean with the ball and keep the ball close to his feet. He doesn't have enough control to weave through players though, he loses control at that, so anymore then 84-85 is unnecessary and unrealistic. He is at a tier though that shows good accurate control when unchallenged, and pretty much full control at speeds. It's relative too. He's got better control then the players rated at 82 DA, Welbeck or Walcott (81), or Podolski.

The value replicates him well, gives him a good level of control when trying to use his immense agility to turn with the ball and stop and start, as well as keeping a good level of control on the ball, while not overpowering him compared to real life by giving him an excessive ability to weave in and out and beat numerous players with control (considering his crazy AGI, ACC and DS), rather depending more on his real life strength of straight line speed and control, and sharp turns and changes of direction with the ball.

Now. To my question.

Why should he have lower then 83?
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
lampuiho

Postby lampuiho » 2013 Mar 15, 11:47

vinnie wrote:
Rmb2w wrote:His DA isn't any special. The ultimate purpose behind keeping the ball closer to feet is to beat players or protect it under difficult circumstances and giving him 90 DA in PES will allow him to keep the ball closer to his feet and then he will be unstoppable but in real life he's nothing special , yes he keeps the ball closer to his feet but he can't take on players occasionally or beat them with his dribbling or skill and he actually many times fails in that purpose that's why this DA value is correctly rated here.

reflects my thoughts on the issue pretty well. he keeps the ball pretty close to his feet when he's running straight, remarkably skilled at keeping the ball very close at high speed, but his level of control... he doesn't need more then 83.

:roll: From the games I watch, he doesn't just run straight. He is not Walcott. He cuts in and out of players. Seriously, he is better at dribbling than Nani imho.
lampuiho

Postby lampuiho » 2013 Mar 17, 14:40

Rmb2w wrote:
lampuiho wrote:Well, that 's not how PES simulates real life football. You control the players' movement. If you're a bad player, even when you're controlling messi, you still pretty much fail at getting past any players.
The fact still remains. If you give him a 83, at full pace, his ball is knocked way too far away in front of him in PES. If you give him 90, it is kept at a distance as he does in real life (full pace).

I still can't agree with u mate. If you want to simulate real life football in PES, you need to play as a COM and not by yourself otherwise I can beat 3 or 4 players with a move from a player who has, let's say 70 DA.
The thing u are saying that he runs with the ball at close control is his dribbling style which u can assign in game and that's certainly not DA.

EDIT: Apart from DA discussion, his passing and crossing has become better nowadays. His link-up play with Walker is quite nice to watch and his low crossing too is certainly becoming eye catching. Would like to see an increase in all the passing values but can wait a few more matches before an increase.

Didn't see your post earlier. Then I suggest you do simulate some games with him at DA90 and DA83. Then you will see my point ;)
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2013 Mar 17, 15:43

bumped up stamina and also attack as deserved
Ramindbroken

Postby Ramindbroken » 2014 Dec 15, 23:20

I think SA is a little low... i mean, he is really bad at shooting, he hasnt much SP and his accuracy his like "meh", but i think he deserves 70 at least, 71 maybe, he is not thaat bad at finishing. Players like Funes Mori can be rated at 68, but that's a total special case.
Defender1990

Postby Defender1990 » 2017 Mar 10, 00:37

Wow.
Rossa

Postby Rossa » 2017 Mar 21, 12:14

Is he even close to these speed stats any longer? His acceleration at his prime is probably the most electric I've seen of any player, but is he like that anymore?
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2017 Mar 21, 17:10

probably not, not played much, slightly bumped it down, will try and watch next time he gets a chance
bitz

Postby bitz » 2018 Sep 01, 08:24

On the two matches vs Olympiacos he struck me as a mid- low 80's TS and mid 80's AGI and DS. Only his ACC can be still kept in the oranges.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2018 Sep 01, 21:27

bitz wrote:On the two matches vs Olympiacos he struck me as a mid- low 80's TS and mid 80's AGI and DS. Only his ACC can be still kept in the oranges.

Something to keep an eye on, certainly noticed vs wolves he didn’t seem to add that much pace to the team, whether it’s down to shitty fitness after the woeful few years he’s had or age catching up with him remains to be seen
Rossa

Postby Rossa » 2018 Oct 30, 09:45

He's not as fast as he was, but then again, he was blistering. He gave Shaw a good run for his money, and even outpaced him at one point for speed, not just acceleration.

Return to “Burnley FC”