PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Joël Veltman

Postby PES Stats Database » 2013 Feb 07, 13:20

emanuelfer
New Stat Maker

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby emanuelfer » 2014 Jul 31, 13:17

his header accuracy should go to the yellows, it is one of his strong points, he wins almost every aerial duel and the ball goes where he wants in his headers. He is the best centre back of this season. http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/155/Tournaments/13/Netherlands-Eredivisie
Hi, I work at Transfermarkt as a Datascout in Portugal and I feel like you need someone like me to update the data in Portuguese professional competitions.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Jul 31, 13:22

emanuelfer wrote:his header accuracy should go to the yellows, it is one of his strong points, he wins almost every aerial duel and the ball goes where he wants in his headers. He is the best centre back of this season. http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/155/Tournaments/13/Netherlands-Eredivisie

Don't look at statistics, they give you a totally distorted view of his performances. His first half of the season was pretty good, his second half wasn't. He basically kept up the same level but made a lot more mistakes. And no, he's far from being the best centre back of the season, Moisander and Bjelland where much better.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
emanuelfer
New Stat Maker

Postby emanuelfer » 2014 Jul 31, 13:49

Roy wrote:
emanuelfer wrote:his header accuracy should go to the yellows, it is one of his strong points, he wins almost every aerial duel and the ball goes where he wants in his headers. He is the best centre back of this season. http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/155/Tournaments/13/Netherlands-Eredivisie

Don't look at statistics, they give you a totally distorted view of his performances. His first half of the season was pretty good, his second half wasn't. He basically kept up the same level but made a lot more mistakes. And no, he's far from being the best centre back of the season, Moisander and Bjelland where much better.

he was bad in only 3 4 games, against cambuur he was the man of the match, against rkc he scored a goal, a good header, and he's got good perfomances against nac, twente, vitesse and ado den hag, but I was talking about head skills. I think only 76 doesn't reflect the goals he scored in this season and all the interceptions and clearences with his head.
Hi, I work at Transfermarkt as a Datascout in Portugal and I feel like you need someone like me to update the data in Portuguese professional competitions.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Jul 31, 14:14

emanuelfer wrote:
Roy wrote:

he was bad in only 3 4 games, against cambuur he was the man of the match, against rkc he scored a goal, a good header, and he's got good perfomances against nac, twente, vitesse and ado den hag, but I was talking about head skills. I think only 76 doesn't reflect the goals he scored in this season and all the interceptions and clearences with his head.

Meh, his HEA could be a little bit higher, but that's it really.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Nov 06, 10:48

He's been showing that low RES, TW and MENT lately. He's a very shoddy player under pressure, and not a very good tackler either, Moisander and Denswil should both be atleast 2 points clear of him.

Fides
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Fides » 2014 Nov 08, 09:54

If you look at this statistics (at Squawka.com) its very interesting. He only wins 42% of his tackles (less than Klaassen and Andersen) and he suffers more fouls then he commits. His defensive play consist mostly of smart positioning so that he doesnt even have to engage in physical battles.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Nov 24, 11:13

He's really, really average. Barely has anything that stands out. Not a very good player, Ajax might need to look for a better CB to partner with Moisander.

KillaKlo
Regular Poster

Postby KillaKlo » 2014 Dec 08, 02:30

Here's some of his really, really average stuff.

https://vimeo.com/113856581
PES-Up
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Dec 08, 07:26

KillaKlo wrote:Here's some of his really, really average stuff.

https://vimeo.com/113856581

Are you retarded? That's a GOAL, and he's a CB, he's supposed to PREVENT goals from being scored. I can't deny it's an awesome goal, but I wish he'd prevent other teams from scoring like that, because usually he leaves Moisander pretty stranded at the back, and he's too slow to handle it himself.

Class goal, no doubt. But in no way even remotely of effect on how average he is.

KillaKlo
Regular Poster

Postby KillaKlo » 2014 Dec 10, 04:10

Yeah I'm retarded.

I thought - stupid as I am - you'd mean the player in a whole when you say "Barely has anything that stands out". And I supposed that being able to score one of the best centre back goals of football history might need some skills that stand out. And I thought mentioning these skills might be useful to rate a player as a whole. In particular when speaking about one of the strategically best defenders of the world. In particular when living in an era of pressing football where technical skills of defensive players are often decisive.

Sorry for my retardedness. It's genetical. Do not hate me plz.
PES-Up
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Dec 10, 06:24

No need to overpush it. ;)

So what? Yeah he scored a class goal, but that doesn't immediately make him stand out. He's technically gifted for a CB, everyone who's seen him knows that, but it's hardly stand-out.

Moisander scored from 25m out last season, that's just something that happens from time to time with each player, they score a class goal, but furthermore they're just really average, like Veltman. Now, if he went on and scores these kinds of goals multiple times a season we might talk about aspects that stand out.

mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2014 Dec 13, 10:53

His SA/ST may be higher though.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Dec 18, 21:12

He just shifted from mediocre to actively terrible.

Fides

Postby Fides » 2014 Dec 19, 10:34

His dribbling and offensive vision seems to be better than quite a lot of midfielders, but he pure defensive skills are mediocre. Also he seems to be unfit (seems to have lost a lot of weight) and lost pace and power.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Dec 19, 16:19

It's painful to look at him, he looks weak, he IS weak and outright blows physically. He'd do a good job trying to put on some muscle.

In the meantime, DEF, TW and TS should be lowered. His ATT and AGG could be quite a bit higher.

Fides

Postby Fides » 2014 Dec 20, 15:31

Yeah I would be surprised if he is ill or something, because he seems to have lost muscle. Thats a bit weird for somebody in his low 20s. Gave him a little update.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Dec 20, 15:35

He's not much faster than Moisander, I'd put him on 75/76.

Though yeah, his shooting should be high 60s.

mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2014 Dec 20, 16:10

Perhaps he would be more suited as DM or RB.
Form 4 or even 3 perhaps? SA and ST can be raised as well.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Dec 20, 16:11

mcmattie wrote:Perhaps he would be more suited as DM or RB.
Form 4 or even 3 perhaps? SA and ST can be raised as well.

His form is 4. Lower basically turns him into a disaster, and while he's pretty bad, he does some good things from time to time.

Gave him a few additional tweaks.

Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2015 Mar 15, 19:50

He was really, really, surprisingly good today. Apart from his unfortunate own goal he was basically flawless.

Easily Ajax's best defender today.

Return to “AFC Ajax”