Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Moderators: Fides, tuco55, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 23:44

Last edited by Kruger13 on 2012 Jan 06, 16:14, edited 9 times in total.
jurgens

Re: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Postby jurgens » 2019 Mar 06, 04:17

Huntelaar, is reknowned for his ability to take anything that comes at him first time. And thats not limited to his shots, hes just as capable, if not even better at killing the ball dead in his path no matter where it comes to him, great first time passes and lays offs too.

You have two pages of people discussing his first touch, multiple videos. Users watched dozens of his matches during his prime years, and followed his NT apperances to properly pin down his tech.
And you just come in and ignore it all and laugh at everyone elses work.

Regarding Robben. As has been said time and time again, his first touch with his feet is red, it's always flawless. But he has issues with the rest of his body, especially in chest controls. Being a player who typically picks the ball up and makes things happen, rather than being a player who has balls launched at him, his ability to display his first touch isn't on regular display, making it harder to pin down an exact number. But we know he has issues outside of his feet, being on low 90's accurately represents what hes capable of trapping, and what he typically has the opportunity to trap. You won't really see Robben killing a ball mid run into the box like Messi, cause thats not how he plays on the field.

A CF due to the nature of the game typically has much more opportunities to display high level traps in congested areas under extreme pressure, and Huntelaar has had that his whole career, and shown repeatedly that he can deal with it. Nobody has really been working on Huntelaar these last few years, but trapping doesn't typically decrease much with age. We don't give out global leading values like this without extreme scrutiny, this value was the culmination of 4 global mods views on top of multiple users. He could possibly come down, but I doubt he would need a significant change.

And sir, you've been warned before about your condescending posts and negative attitude towards others work before, I'd implore you to leave those personal issues at home and try not to shit on peoples time and effort.... theres just no need for it?
Whoah10115

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Mar 06, 04:36

Well I certainly didn't intend it as disrespect, so all I can do is apologize for it being disrespectful.

I have read. And I honestly remember years ago when it was raised, and I thought it was strange. He has a nice consistency in all his traps, in being able to trap the ball with his chest, head, and generally using his body to bring it into possession.

But as has also been said on this site, you often see the quality of tech in tight situations. Not just dribbling, or in a scenario that is compromised of different factors.

But as far as touch goes, Jan Huntelaar is honestly not a world-class player. He is clean, a clear student of the Van Basten ways. And I know it's a video game so there can only be so much one can do regarding rating of stats, and there are ways to rate players who play in certain areas of the field. And, fair play in regards to Huntelaar not being worked on recently. I didn't come in looking for him, but rather seeing how a few specific Ajax players were rated, and in searching for Ajax saw him and decided to check him out again (92 in mind).

It's hard to evaluate all these things, and so despite my post, I don't disregard the work that has been put in or the consideration taken. That's my fault for taking the post too casually, as if you and I were sitting next to each other just talking. But I do stand by the comment, because it's just too far away from some things I can clearly see. And he'd be much better accounted for if his balance were raised significantly. He doesn't have to be Drogba but his jump is an 80 and the other physical stats are lower. The balance, along with post player, would do a better job of replicating him. Ball control that high is world-class and, apart from his ability to score goals (which we didn't get to see consistently at the highest levels), only his heading really deserves such recognition.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2019 Mar 06, 18:11

you often see the quality of tech in tight situations. Not just dribbling, or in a scenario that is compromised of different factors.

No, you are confused. We rate Tech as first touch, thats it. Nothing to do with dribbling, nothing to do with anything other than a players ability to trap the ball.

But I do stand by the comment, because it's just too far away from some things I can clearly see.

This is because you've created some definition separate from the one we use. Please read here; viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38461

And he'd be much better accounted for if his balance were raised significantly. He doesn't have to be Drogba but his jump is an 80 and the other physical stats are lower. The balance, along with post player, would do a better job of replicating him.

And again, this is really nothing to do with first touch. I'd suggest going over some of his old videos, you'll see many clear examples of him displaying high 90's to red technique.
Just stuff like this; https://youtu.be/Qr7c8IWfqyc?t=180 60 yard ball, controlled with his weak foot, set for the strike on his right while two defenders on him. That is first touch, its controls like this why he has a high value.
And honestly, everyone knows that Huntelaar is an absolute master of ST, is it that big a jump that an ST master would also be a master of first touch? They are very similar to each other.

theres another; https://youtu.be/kGjCxRG2WL4?t=30
Whoah10115

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Mar 06, 20:13

jurgens wrote:
you often see the quality of tech in tight situations. Not just dribbling, or in a scenario that is compromised of different factors.

No, you are confused. We rate Tech as first touch, thats it. Nothing to do with dribbling, nothing to do with anything other than a players ability to trap the ball.

But I do stand by the comment, because it's just too far away from some things I can clearly see.

This is because you've created some definition separate from the one we use. Please read here; viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38461

And he'd be much better accounted for if his balance were raised significantly. He doesn't have to be Drogba but his jump is an 80 and the other physical stats are lower. The balance, along with post player, would do a better job of replicating him.

And again, this is really nothing to do with first touch. I'd suggest going over some of his old videos, you'll see many clear examples of him displaying high 90's to red technique.
Just stuff like this; https://youtu.be/Qr7c8IWfqyc?t=180 60 yard ball, controlled with his weak foot, set for the strike on his right while two defenders on him. That is first touch, its controls like this why he has a high value.
And honestly, everyone knows that Huntelaar is an absolute master of ST, is it that big a jump that an ST master would also be a master of first touch? They are very similar to each other.

theres another; https://youtu.be/kGjCxRG2WL4?t=30

Maybe that's something I need to defer to the forum for, as there's obviously more research into why things are rated, which is why I said what I said earlier about it being difficult to rate in a video game.

But to be clear, I'm not using dribbling as the example; I'm saying not dribbling. And again, maybe it's just the limitations of rating in a video game.

Return to “AFC Ajax”