Wayne Rooney, DC United

Moderators: Oriello, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Wayne Rooney, DC United

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Jan 15, 01:44

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Nov 12, 10:12, edited 12 times in total.
Welbeck19

Re: Wayne Rooney

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Aug 20, 10:19

There's no denying that he's been no where near as good as these stats suggest and things such as BC, Attack etc and certainly look like they need a reduction due to what he has shown. However we must also factor in his form( a mistake I made when I first made changes) and the fact that he's never been a consistent player for a prolonged period of time and with a below par form valuation it makes him play below the ability that these stats suggest for more often than not. Although his bad performances are outweighing the good more and more these days. For the time being a reduction to form 3 to make him more inconsistent may not be a bad idea.

As for stamina he still covers more ground that most during a match and isn't what you'd call static, he's still regularly either helping out in defense or midfield and isn't drained with the running he does.it's one of the few areas that doesn't need to be changed, other mods may have a different viewpoint than me though.

His short passing can be related back to what I said about form.
Draxler

Postby Draxler » 2015 Aug 22, 23:25

Rooney can't score a goal to save his life. So far this season, he has looked fat, slow and completely off the pace. I think he should be played behind the striker, and flanked by Mata and Depay. Welbeck19, if he could still run like you say, he would be making runs behind the defenders, but he can't be bothered to. Against Villa, it was as if he was afraid to go on a race with Richards.
As someone that supports Man United, I strongly hope he gets back to form and becomes once again the constant threat he used to be. Ultimately, United need to buy a top striker, Januzaj should be loaned, and Rooney should drop in the No 10 position.
Regarding the stats, I think they wont emulate current Rooney. With those speed, BB and stamina value, Rooney would be an absolute monster in game that could run and bully his way past everything, and that's just not how he is currently playing. He is more of a passer of the ball. He doesnt need that kind of DS, as he doesnt run with the ball like a Sanchez or Hazard. i could go on, but I will stop there. That's just what I think of him.
"Remember to be polite"
Draxler

Postby Draxler » 2015 Aug 22, 23:30

Welbeck19 wrote:
As for stamina he still covers more ground that most during a match and isn't what you'd call static, he's still regularly either helping out in defense or midfield and isn't drained with the running he does.it's one of the few areas that doesn't need to be changed, other mods may have a different viewpoint than me though.

His short passing can be related back to what I said about form.

Rooney doesnt even look fit, let alone stamina 90. It has been suggested that his off-season diet is terrible, and it usually takes him sometime to get properly fit for the season. I am not too worried. I believe come next month Rooney will be much fitter and much leaner player for Man United.
"Remember to be polite"
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Aug 23, 17:54

Draxler wrote:Rooney can't score a goal to save his life. So far this season, he has looked fat, slow and completely off the pace. I think he should be played behind the striker, and flanked by Mata and Depay. Welbeck19, if he could still run like you say, he would be making runs behind the defenders, but he can't be bothered to. Against Villa, it was as if he was afraid to go on a race with Richards.
As someone that supports Man United, I strongly hope he gets back to form and becomes once again the constant threat he used to be. Ultimately, United need to buy a top striker, Januzaj should be loaned, and Rooney should drop in the No 10 position.
Regarding the stats, I think they wont emulate current Rooney. With those speed, BB and stamina value, Rooney would be an absolute monster in game that could run and bully his way past everything, and that's just not how he is currently playing. He is more of a passer of the ball. He doesnt need that kind of DS, as he doesnt run with the ball like a Sanchez or Hazard. i could go on, but I will stop there. That's just what I think of him.

Not disagreeing that United need a striker, that is obvious and Rooney is past his best IMO. As for what you've mentioned DS could certainly come down to the 80-81 mark, TS is fine, he's more than capable of reaching this speed, the problem is chooses not to as he thinks he's a midfield dynamo. As for BB I already lowered that from 89 and I don't think it needs go lower again after only a month and a half. Again as I said most of this can be related to form and a player with a low form rating isn't going to play to the level his stats suggest every game. So the player we see now with an awful touch(another stat which was reduced initially, but reverted back the value it is now), who can't do anything right will likely hit form around September/October time and start playing closer to what these stats suggest. If by that time he's still putting in the same performances then changes will be made as making changes after three games is jumping the gun. For the meanwhile though I will bring form to 3 and DS to 80 as he is too erratic and If the other mods feel any other changes are needed then I'll have no hesitation in applying them.
alawadhi3000

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2015 Aug 23, 20:16

Welbeck19 wrote:As for stamina he still covers more ground that most during a match and isn't what you'd call static, he's still regularly either helping out in defense or midfield and isn't drained with the running he does.it's one of the few areas that doesn't need to be changed, other mods may have a different viewpoint than me though.

Covering a lot of ground is not really stamina if a player is just slowly jogging nearly all the time, an example of this is Robin Van Persie.
Average pace is a much better indicator of stamina.

Its true that Rooney still has good stamina but I would say that he is much lower than his prime where he used to run like a wild dog when he losses possession, now he is not even trying much to create space and gives up far too easily.

For me he should be around 86-88.
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Aug 26, 22:23

Not a bad way to end your goal drought. Hopefully this is him back to form for a while.

http://streamable.com/sgpn
http://streamable.com/4ke7
http://streamable.com/yp1n
Meis

Postby Meis » 2015 Oct 11, 02:22

Remove the ★ from CF? He is a deep lying forward. He even clear balls in his own half.
Ramindbroken

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Oct 11, 16:26

How he doesn't have Track Back? O.o
Fantasista

Postby Fantasista » 2015 Oct 11, 18:15

Meis wrote:Remove the ★ from CF? He is a deep lying forward. He even clear balls in his own half.

Ramindbroken wrote:How he doesn't have Track Back? O.o

Good points. Although he obviously can play and actually does play as a CF he's primarly SS.
show some fcking respect
bitz

Postby bitz » 2015 Oct 11, 19:44

Check the previous page about *Track Back.
Fantasista

Postby Fantasista » 2015 Oct 11, 21:55

Looks like I have violated rule no 9 lol
Rule 9: If you do not read the discussion in a thread before making a suggestion and said suggestion seems to show ignorance of previous discussion, you will be banned.

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7#p15
show some fcking respect
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Oct 11, 23:09

I may be wrong about this in the sense of what Track Back does and this is just my opinion on the matter.

In regards to the discussion about him having Track Back,I feel that with his high DEF and TW value plus his 3/3 ATT/DEF awareness would be more than suffice to represent the defensive side of his game. I have always seen Track Back/Chasing Back as something the younger Rooney would have done(I.E chasing an opposing player down over distance and putting in a tackle to win the ball back). Which is something that Welbeck does a lot of for both club and country. As far as I know Rooney hasn't done anything like that for a long time. Now although he'll get back to defend it's more of a positional aspect of his game that looks to be closer to TW.

On a side note he's been horrible thus far this season. There just doesn't seem to be that same spark from him and he's becoming a hindrance more often than not, with some really bad passing and his first touch being non=existent. He just seems to kill any momentum in any attack for his team these days. Normally these kind of thing are balanced out, but aside from the game vs Club Brugge his performances seem to be getting worse in each game.
Crisci

Postby Crisci » 2015 Oct 25, 19:51

totally anonymous again. I think Rooney is finished
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Oct 26, 02:25

Crisci wrote:totally anonymous again. I think Rooney is finished

Yeah it certainly looks that way. he was abysmal yet again vs City and he's now nothing but a hindrance to the team, if LVG would have taken him off and put Martial central United more than likely would have won that match today. Back on Rooney, I'm not sure if it's right to make any changes as yet as form may well be playing a big part in this, although I'm tempted to bring down his ATT to 85/86 and remove some cards such as Talisman,1 touch play and possibly Dummy Runner.I'm sure that there is other areas to come down too, but before rushing any changes I would like to see some other opinions on the matter He really shows none of these anymore in his game and quite honestly he's just pointless and as you said anonymous to such an extent that United may well be playing with 10 men. There was complaints from United fans on how bad Falcao was and Rooney has been just as bad.

Postby 420 » 2015 Oct 26, 09:31

I agree, ATT should go down to 84 or 85. His BC doesnt look yellow and stamina needs to go down to mid yellow.
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Oct 28, 23:03

Another gutless and quite frankly useless performance from him. With each passing game I'm more and more convinced that he's finished. The only positive that can be said about him anymore is his passing and even that is questionable. IMO I feel that this is beyond a form issue now and it's the right time for a reduction in some areas. There's just no way he's close to an 88 in ATT anymore. Others such as STA need to be reduced as well, plus he's shown nothing to warrant either the Talisman or Dummy Runner cards either. His only objective in when attacking is to pass backwards and do his best to screw up as best as he can. Honestly he's as bad as Falcao was last season if not worse and I really don't see this decline stopping any time soon.
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Oct 28, 23:14

Brought his ATT down to 85, STA to 87, removed Talisman and Dummy Runner(tempted to remove 1 touch play as well and the scoring star) Also put his default position as SS. As it's being said many times before he's not an out and out CF. I'm sure there's some other changes that can be made as well, but I'll leave them for now.
Draxler

Postby Draxler » 2015 Oct 30, 18:05

Rooney is in a free fall right now. he is so bad. he was abysmal against championship side Middlesbrough, and I really think it is high time for Van Gaal to drop him. Young can be reinstated on the left wing, with Martial returning to his number 9 position. Van Gaal should try it, and it just can't get worse with Rooney on the bench. Like someone said above, everything just bounces off him at the moment.
"Remember to be polite"
Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2015 Nov 11, 00:14

Really, Rooney isn't anywhere near this useful any more. His touch is appalling, he can't finish, he has no pace. He's a leader, but in no way is he a good player any more.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2015 Nov 21, 17:52

I've spent a bit of time following Rooney.
My main concern was how many people were capable of criticize of the best players of the last decades, saying his performances were utter shit, etc...
Well, actually they were partially right. Maybe I've been even generous with the numbers I've assigned on him.
The guy is in a huge decline. First, he has no pace nor progression with the ball, and plays stationary. I remember he might show some pace when needed, but nowadays he manages to misplaces even very easy dribbles.
He's still very supportive on the midfield, I think his teamwork number is still appropriate, but all the other numbers were out of place.
Something really weird is his first touch.. he's manages to be concrete on dribbles, but on his first touch there are even rebounds, something I can't really accept from a former 86 technique. Terrible.
His shooting also declined a lot.
Hope Man Utd fans & PL mods don't get offended with this update, but I could have been even more severe on it.. this guy was totally overrated. Great passer, supportive/teamwork player. Nothing more, sadly.

Return to “CONCACAF”