Yohan Cabaye

Moderators: conker8, Adrien, Helios, Ocrin, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Yohan Cabaye

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 11, 14:36

Last edited by Re-arranged on 2009 Jun 23, 15:17, edited 2 times in total.
Jez
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Yohan Cabaye

Postby Jez » 2013 Feb 18, 09:29

Been using him this morning with our Technical stats and Konami's Speed, Physical and Resistance and I must admit it feels much better. I feel perhaps that our Response and Teamwork ratings are possibly better for him though - the 83 Response Konami give him make him really efficient at intercepting balls in the middle of the park and I'm not sure if he's that good in reality as the 83 makes him...
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby Jez » 2013 Feb 26, 12:33

Been watching a few Cabaye vs. videos on Youtube and had some further thoughts on his stats.

Firstly, our current set over-rates his technique and dribbling. His first touch is pretty average really. Nothing special and certainly not good enough to warrant the 84 we have him on. Of the three or four vs. videos I've watched he rarely kills a ball first time. There's never a 'bad touch' per se, but he's not got what you'd call a 'good' touch either. Just decent. His dribbling is also not an 83. Scott Parker beats him in this aspect by a fairly considerable margin in my opinion. I'm tempted to say go with the Konami 81 in both but both could quite easily be lower. Carrick is on 80 for Technique and Dribble Accuracy and I see them as being quite similar in this regard (having said that I don't think Carrick should be yellow for Dribble Accuracy, but that's for a different thread...)

Secondly, passing. It's clear to me that his long passing game is better than his short passing. But, again I don't find it that incredible. I think Konami's 85;82 for LPA;LPS is more or less what I'd be looking at for him. I really don't think he's much better than that really. Still one of the most important facets of his game, but he's not a world-class long passer, nowhere near. His short-passing does need to be below his long-passing though I'd say. He just doesn't pull off (or even attempt) as many difficult short-passes as an 86 (or Konami's 87) allow him to do in game. No doubt he has the ability to unlock a defence, but no more than any other half decent midfielder in the league and it's not a major part of his style of play.

No way is he level with Wilshere and Scholes (to name just two top players on an 86 SPA) when it comes to unlocking a defence with a pass. Mostly his short passes are simple give and go's. It's slightly hard to give a value when comparing to so many out-dated players on the database, but going by the ones that I know are more or less up to date and in new standards on here, I'd say an 82/83 is pretty much as high as I'd go for SPA, alongside your Ramsey's and Cleverley's etc. 83 is the ceiling for me. As for SPS, I can see why Konami gave him a lower value as most of his ground passing isn't over a considerable distance. I'd say something like 78 would be fine for him. I'll be adding 1-touch and weighted pass though as he's really good at first time lay-offs and give and go's like I've said and a lot of his balls are floated in to the box with the same effect that the weighted pass card gives in game. (we should give Weighted Pass out to a lot more players by the way, it's such a good card!)

I mentioned before about my doubts over his Response being at an 83, but I take that back now. His defensive work is superb. If anything, he's more of a defensive midfielder than he is an all out central midfielder now. Spends much more time in his own half than the oppositions from what I'm seeing. Anyway, his tackling is really good too. He's a real ball-winner and is arguably better at it than Tiote is (mainly because he stays on his feet and doesn't just dive in like a mad-man). I've seen his first touch let him down slightly, him loosing the ball, but then going and winning it back straight away with a perfectly timed tackle. He intercepts a lot of stray passes in the middle of the park too and just seems far more switched on than those around him. I could see his Attack and Defence ratio then being much closer together. I'm really not seeing the attacking creativity and intent to warrant the 78 Attack so I'm proposing something like Att:75/76 Def:73/74.

Here are a few of the vs. videos if you're wanting to see for yourself...

I'm looking to tweak a few other things here and there (he's a better shooter than our SA:73 for example and a better Free-Kick taker etc) but those are the main 3 things that these videos have highlighted for me anyway. Thoughts?

Basilio

Postby Basilio » 2013 Feb 26, 17:46

those are all good suggestions, i can contribute in saying Ive also seen him performing weak short passes, and sometimes even if his intention and accuracy is above average the pass doesn't reach his target due to the poor pace on it. And his shooting is no doubt better than this, also in free kicks, he isn't fast either. I agree with your suggestions
Descansa en paz Chucho
Jez

Postby Jez » 2013 Mar 01, 01:45

Updated. Few values I'm still not 100% on - things like Dribble Speed (he really doesn't move over distance with the ball so could probably be lowered to the 60's) amongst other things. Thoughts welcome obviously...

Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2013 Mar 01, 09:28

I think you are very harsh with his attack value. He's a genius with the ball, a real playmaker who wait for solutions and can bring all his team. When he can't find space for the best passes for his partner he will dribble or at least making a back passes to his CB. I going more for a high green.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
čale

Postby čale » 2013 Mar 01, 09:52

i'm gonna side with anonyme here, he's a genuine playmaker i don't see that a drop in ATT was needed and i'm still to make up my mind on what number he deserves for his short passing.
Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
Jez

Postby Jez » 2013 Mar 01, 14:46

Cheers for the opinions lads ;)

On Attack, I just don't see him contributing majorly to anything in an attacking sense (bar his set-pieces) and he's definitely not a 'genius with the ball' from what I'm watching. Perhaps he does have the vision, just not the perfect execution to take him to that next level?

To me, he seems like a busy holding midfield player masquerading as a playmaker. I'm far more impressed with his defensive abilities than his attacking.

More than happy to make changes etc though if more people think I'm wrong

čale

Postby čale » 2013 Mar 01, 15:48

i'd compare cabaye to schneiderlin (obviously schneiderlin is a better tackler) but they both occupy the same role and do the same task on the pitch, they both have good vision but they're conservative in they're short passing but both excel in longer passing thus i believe we're just a bit conservative because of that as long passing doesn't strike someone when watching the game as a through ball does. that said, i believe i might've underrated Schneiderlin's ATT by a point or two while i last updated him...
Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
morbidenigma
New Contributor

Postby morbidenigma » 2013 Mar 02, 11:42

TS 76? should be around 79-80. Can keep up with many

Attack 74 is comical, since he's come back from injury, Newcastle have had improved alot attacking wise, hence the better results. Should be at least 79, if not yellow.

Agree with the SPA change , but his Long passing should high 80's. 89 For accuracy and around 87 for the serious speed he puts on them.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2013 Mar 04, 10:22

Jez wrote:On Attack, I just don't see him contributing majorly to anything in an attacking sense (bar his set-pieces) and he's definitely not a 'genius with the ball' from what I'm watching. Perhaps he does have the vision, just not the perfect execution to take him to that next level?

Yeah that's what I mean by "with the ball". French translations to english word by word :D

He has a great visions and know what to do and when do it when he has the ball.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2015 Jul 10, 08:29

stumink
New Stat Maker

Re: Yohan Cabaye, Al-Nasr

Postby stumink » 2019 Dec 07, 06:13

This set looks overpowered. He is still good but he needs some downgrades. Any suggestions?
stumink
New Stat Maker

Postby stumink » 2020 Feb 29, 09:37

While his attack and defense has been downgraded, the rest of set looks good. Are his physical abilities still this good? Most of set hasnt been touched since his Newcastle/psg days.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2020 Mar 05, 15:51

He might be a lot worst than this but who is following saint etienne (they making a terrible season, almost in relegation zone) ? We haven't youtube materials like vs video to help us neither.

Return to “AS Saint-Étienne”